I just finished Kiritsugu's backstory. It was so sad that it almost brought tears. The part when he kills Natalia was too heart-breaking even though I knew that's what he was going to do. I really like Shirley too. Somehow his story isn't so tragic but yet it's touching. I mean, I've seen a lot of back stories that were more tragic than his but his seems more sad than them. Maybe it's because he lost his humanity at such a young age (or was emotionless). The whole Natalia scene was really sad and the damn song that was playing too.
Glad you enjoyed it that much It's pretty damn tragic I would say, but the main difference is that you're simply touched more I guess? xD Different stories work for different people.
haha I told you it's that good, so many feels
Use spoiler tags and tell me more of your thoughts please, especially the last few chapters (or just whatever you feel like saying XD)
---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------
Nice that you thought of me Herm XD well I would like to join actually, but there's just too much else I need to do at the moment. Could prolly join I guess, but if I do I want to be able to invest some good time at least and just can't do that this time, sadly =/
haha I told you it's that good, so many feels
Use spoiler tags and tell me more of your thoughts please, especially the last few chapters (or just whatever you feel like saying XD)
Usually, especially the "future" chapters get me too hard, like... The part at the beginning when they find out that he didn't write a letter to his future self for the time capsule was one of the worst, ;o;
Obviously it's a difficult topic, but it's one I'm quite interested in (I mean, depression) so it's really nice seeing a manga like this. I guess, many people get depressed, but not many people have the actual trigger(?) like Kakeru had (I mean his mother, dunno what other didn't go well for him in the "future" timeline, with Naho) and yeah... I'm very much that kind of person who wants to make other people not sad so I'm reading here, wanting to be the 7th character in the manga so that I can give Kakeru lots of hugs Well, I think there will be a happy ending for the "present" timeline, hopefully
Now I'm at chapter 9 and found out Suwa also got a letter, which is super awesome. That was a really nice scene. I really like Suwa too ;o; I feel like knowing Kakeru will/did commit suicide must be really hard on Naho, so hopefully having someone else to confide in is going to be good.
Uwah, it's really so good T_T Like, there's a special kind of atmosphere captured, the mangaka must be really really talented. My favorite shoujo is Ouran, but from the actual serious/drama romances I've read, this one is definitely the best
---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------
A-ah... The gifts they brought in "future" are the ones he asked for in "present"... ... ... I need to take this page by page.
Usually, especially the "future" chapters get me too hard, like... The part at the beginning when they find out that he didn't write a letter to his future self for the time capsule was one of the worst, ;o;
Obviously it's a difficult topic, but it's one I'm quite interested in (I mean, depression) so it's really nice seeing a manga like this. I guess, many people get depressed, but not many people have the actual trigger(?) like Kakeru had (I mean his mother, dunno what other didn't go well for him in the "future" timeline, with Naho) and yeah... I'm very much that kind of person who wants to make other people not sad so I'm reading here, wanting to be the 7th character in the manga so that I can give Kakeru lots of hugs Well, I think there will be a happy ending for the "present" timeline, hopefully
Now I'm at chapter 9 and found out Suwa also got a letter, which is super awesome. That was a really nice scene. I really like Suwa too ;o; I feel like knowing Kakeru will/did commit suicide must be really hard on Naho, so hopefully having someone else to confide in is going to be good.
Uwah, it's really so good T_T Like, there's a special kind of atmosphere captured, the mangaka must be really really talented. My favorite shoujo is Ouran, but from the actual serious/drama romances I've read, this one is definitely the best
---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------
A-ah... The gifts they brought in "future" are the ones he asked for in "present"... ... ... I need to take this page by page.
Yeah I think showing the future was a really good choice, because the whole Kakeru dies thing and the reasons his friends want to save him just stays a big too vague, so the parts showing the future really helps to understand that side. The manga has a lot of parts that hit me hard but... well not going to spoil you, so I will wait until you've catched up with the latest chap (19).
And yes, the topic of depression really interests me too. First manga I saw that actually deals with that difficult topic and I think Takano Ichigo has a very good understanding of that. The manga actually made me realize and think about parts of depression I didn't really understand before, so that is a big plus in my eyes. Again, hard to talk about it in detail before you're up to date, so yeah, really waiting for that XD
I would hug Kakeru too, just being a good bro and supporting him however I could /reminds me of the topic we talked about yesterday haha
Really hope there will be a happy ending for that timeline at least, yeah.
I like both male leads too, so it's hard to not root for Suwa too, but... again, we can only really talk about this when you're up to date
Exactly, that's how I feel too. Dunno, the manga just captivated me since the beginning. Drama is done so well and you can just feel for every character and it really makes you think, so yeah. Haven't really read a lot of Shoujo but in terms of writting it actually feels like the best I've read so far, ofc comedy and such does not really have a big part so if you prefer that it's kinda the wrong manga xD
Nice that you thought of me Herm XD well I would like to join actually, but there's just too much else I need to do at the moment. Could prolly join I guess, but if I do I want to be able to invest some good time at least and just can't do that this time, sadly =/
Yeah I think showing the future was a really good choice, because the whole Kakeru dies thing and the reasons his friends want to save him just stays a big too vague, so the parts showing the future really helps to understand that side. The manga has a lot of parts that hit me hard but... well not going to spoil you, so I will wait until you've catched up with the latest chap (19).
And yes, the topic of depression really interests me too. First manga I saw that actually deals with that difficult topic and I think Takano Ichigo has a very good understanding of that. The manga actually made me realize and think about parts of depression I didn't really understand before, so that is a big plus in my eyes. Again, hard to talk about it in detail before you're up to date, so yeah, really waiting for that XD
I would hug Kakeru too, just being a good bro and supporting him however I could /reminds me of the topic we talked about yesterday haha
Really hope there will be a happy ending for that timeline at least, yeah.
I like both male leads too, so it's hard to not root for Suwa too, but... again, we can only really talk about this when you're up to date
Exactly, that's how I feel too. Dunno, the manga just captivated me since the beginning. Drama is done so well and you can just feel for every character and it really makes you think, so yeah. Haven't really read a lot of Shoujo but in terms of writting it actually feels like the best I've read so far, ofc comedy and such does not really have a big part so if you prefer that it's kinda the wrong manga xD
Oh niichan, I'm caught up now. The last chapter was a killer x_x I don't even know what to say...
But it's true, I think I can also say that it made me realize many things about depression/suicide that I couldn't really imagine before.
Now the problem is that the others don't know that the last trigger was him reading his mom's farewell letter, so they probably won't be prepared for that, huh?
Also kinda interested to see if even if they save Kakeru, Naho will end up with Suwa... I don't really know. I read on MF that the story is supposed to finish with this volume?
Oh niichan, I'm caught up now. The last chapter was a killer x_x I don't even know what to say...
But it's true, I think I can also say that it made me realize many things about depression/suicide that I couldn't really imagine before.
Now the problem is that the others don't know that the last trigger was him reading his mom's farewell letter, so they probably won't be prepared for that, huh?
Also kinda interested to see if even if they save Kakeru, Naho will end up with Suwa... I don't really know. I read on MF that the story is supposed to finish with this volume?
Last chap made me cry tbh, the last two or three pages. Or it kind of had to sink in first, kinda like you I guess. Then I reread the latter half of the chap again after 30 minutes or so and I started crying a lot actually
Do your regrets disappear?
Do your sins become atoned for?
I wonder if anyone would be sad if I died.
I wonder if it would get better tomorrow.
I wonder who Naho gave that chocolate too.
...I guess none of it really matters.
They don't yeah, then again so many things changed so I'm not sure if that would trigger the same event. What's clear is that Naho really is kind of clueless about what to do. Just telling the person it's alright just does not solve anything, yet I might've gone a similar route if I were in her shoes (before reading the manga). Kinda don't think he will die this time but then again I could see it happen too =/
And yeah, manga is supposed to end with this volume. Might be the next chapter actually, or at most the next too. Then again sometimes a story takes longer than you initially sink, so there's no concrete proof it's really going to end now.
Last chap made me cry tbh, the last two or three pages. Or it kind of had to sink in first, kinda like you I guess. Then I reread the latter half of the chap again after 30 minutes or so and I started crying a lot actually
Do your regrets disappear?
Do your sins become atoned for?
I wonder if anyone would be sad if I died.
I wonder if it would get better tomorrow.
I wonder who Naho gave that chocolate too.
...I guess none of it really matters.
They don't yeah, then again so many things changed so I'm not sure if that would trigger the same event. What's clear is that Naho really is kind of clueless about what to do. Just telling the person it's alright just does not solve anything, yet I might've gone a similar route if I were in her shoes (before reading the manga). Kinda don't think he will die this time but then again I could see it happen too =/
And yeah, manga is supposed to end with this volume. Might be the next chapter actually, or at most the next too. Then again sometimes a story takes longer than you initially sink, so there's no concrete proof it's really going to end now.
I got also really done in by the mom's message. Like, if you want your child to be happy, why commit suicide? T___T It did say she was mentally sick (even though her chapter 19 self didn't really appear so -> more like she got a bit misguided about what'd be best to do about helping Kakeru and also misunderstandings between them -> feeling helpless about being unable to do anything correctly, I get that... and mental health is not about rationality anyway, it's real signals your brain gives so yeah.. I think his mom also was fleshed out very real, being sick doesn't mean appearing like it), so I get it but... Still, cases like that are so sad.
Present Kakeru must be much better than Past Kakeru, after all many things got fixed, so now to see it to a good ending D: I think it should end well because... well, if the whole manga is this sad, and then you make the ending also sad... then what was even the point x(
And yeah I got just a bit ticked off at what Naho told him. I get saying that if you're clueless, but she basically told him the same kind of thing as in the past :/ Now that she knows if she doesn't deal with it, he'll die, she'll probably do something about it (together with everyone) even if she's still a bit timid and yeah... Suwa is clever, he won't let Kakeru die T_______T
Man if he actually dies, I'll bawl my eyes out like never. Actually I like Naho with Suwa too (in the future timeline), so if I can think of it like, either one of them gets love from her somewhere there, it's okay. But man, Suwa is such a good guy T____T For some reason, I cried the hardest when he mentioned (chapters back) how in the original timeline, he tried to keep Naho and Kakeru not-together (or that sorta thing), WHICH IS A COMPLETELY NORMAL THING TO DO IMO, and then he must have still felt such guilt T_T Sometimes I don't know how to live life. I think everyone should have themselves as no.1 priority, but in a situation like this... .. ;_;
---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------
I keep using both past and future for the original timeline, I hope it's clear XD;;;
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult
GAWD!!! I typed like a moderately long post since I was done with Zero and it got lost . Sigh. I feel drained of all my energy. I guess I'll type in again in a few hours
You're free to do that ofc
Well it's not been so long since you saw them and you can't really mistake him for anyone else, so I was surprised XD
In this case it actually has a normal plot reason xD And the Ainsworths are just a counterpart of the Einzbern family, aren't they? They're completely original. What I meant is that he wouldn't do whatever to already known characters, ofc he created original ones who he is free to do with what he wants.
Werder-Kühe
Naja zwei Bars sind auch etwas, oder nicht?
Elizabeth's origin is unknown though, could be a human as well ;D
Yeah it's indeed better this way and yeah, this arc should be over soon Kind of doubt they will really defeat Utsuro here, but you never know.
I should stop to need that much time for answering posts... At that rate I'll never reach 20k. *sighs*
Oh I will enjoy the living shit out of it. All hail loli Illya.
Sure but I watch those intros for the songs most of the time. So don't blame me for not noticing every character form the get go. Maybe I was so used to Shota Gil thanks to Kaleid, that I simply overlooked him. (Double pun. Hooray me. )
Even the name sounds rather similar. Like the author simply thought of an english name that would fit here.
Then again i can't know all those characters as I haven't played HA at all. *grin*
Und sowas aus Frankfurt...
Ja... Aber nicht wenn alle beide nix besonderes sind.
Doesn't matter at all. He/She/It is fucking awesome.
It sure looks that way. Maybe 4-5 more chapters?
Regarding the Anime. I fucking died. Had to read the whole arc after this episode. I expected that onmly Shinpachis glasses would be affected but it made me cry. x'D
Same goes for Kagura. I did not expect that level of change. x'D Furthermore: Hijikata... xDDDDDDDDDD
And finally: Ginko and Souko are fucking hot.
All hail Mansengumi!
Yes I brought that manga to MH basically
Anyway, if you need help or something I could prolly do that, but playing just is too time-consuming atm.
Last chap made me cry tbh, the last two or three pages. Or it kind of had to sink in first, kinda like you I guess. Then I reread the latter half of the chap again after 30 minutes or so and I started crying a lot actually
Do your regrets disappear?
Do your sins become atoned for?
I wonder if anyone would be sad if I died.
I wonder if it would get better tomorrow.
I wonder who Naho gave that chocolate too.
...I guess none of it really matters.
They don't yeah, then again so many things changed so I'm not sure if that would trigger the same event. What's clear is that Naho really is kind of clueless about what to do. Just telling the person it's alright just does not solve anything, yet I might've gone a similar route if I were in her shoes (before reading the manga). Kinda don't think he will die this time but then again I could see it happen too =/
And yeah, manga is supposed to end with this volume. Might be the next chapter actually, or at most the next too. Then again sometimes a story takes longer than you initially sink, so there's no concrete proof it's really going to end now.
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult
Finally watched the second Persona 3 movie. I fanboyed hard, I tell ya.
Aigis was perfect. Brofist to the studio as she was completely like I wanted her to be.
The ending was great. Awesome to let it include the emotional parts after Shinjis death.
Last but not least... Great after credit scene. HIS appearence couldn't have been better.
---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------
Tamako Love Story:
Cute little movie. Quite what I expected actually. No kiss needed as this was executed in a good way. Certainly not a very good movie but a nice conclusion for Tamako Market.
Gintama Movie 2:
Now THIS was a movie. This was Gintama in perfection. The jokes were amazing, the plot twist was great, even though I saw it coming after the fighting had begun.
I know I am repeating myself but seriously. THOSE JOKES: Them making fun of Kaguras voice actress in a perfect way, Katsura transforming into Takasugi 2.0, KFC, Chin-san. (Srsly, I think I almost died after they have shown Gintokis appearance to the audience.) and at the end the classic glasses joke. 10/10. x'D
Last but not least: Kagura should look like that forever. Hair down and that bombshell body.
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult
So I've gotten back to making my Fate zero end post.
Berserker being Lancelot became obvious after a while, especially when Kirie mentioned his obsession with Saber.
Gilgamesh is too hax wth. He's way too powerful. He just destroyed Rider's reality marble (that's what it's called right?) with ease and ended up making the battle look horribly one-sided. Still, I liked the relationship between waver and rider, especially the time when Waver used all his command seals to order Rider to win and Rider told Waver to live on. It was also a bit noble of Gil to spare Waver.
Kariya was such a weird guy. Why did he attack Aoi when she walked in on him and dead Tokiomi? I mean I know why he did but it was a stupid thing to do and he ended up dying pitifully and all. Don't know whether to feel sorry for him or he was just silly. It was nice that he tried to save Sakura and the others but he ended up screwing things.
Kirie is such a heartless dude. He killed Tokiomi just like that and even used the blade he had just received as a gift. Moreover, he had the nerve to give the same blade to Rin (it was the same one right?). Such an ass. I never understood his motives though. Why did he want to kill his father? Is it that he just gets the thrill of disaster and all? Anyway the Kirie/Kiritsugu battle was epic. Easily my best fight in the series. I actually think most of the fights in Zero didn't live up to the billing. They were either too short or too uneventful or too little focus on the battle. The Kirie/Kiritsugu one was really nice though and brilliant considering it had been foreshadowed for so long. Almost like everything was leading to that point. The Grail turned out to be a scam and brutally cruel too. The vision it showed Kiritsugu was really disheartening considering how much he did to get to that point.
I also felt bad for Saber as Kiritsugu didn't tell her the truth about the Grail and now she's fighting in a war again with the hopes that the Grail is the answer to her prayers. It's quite sad tbh.
Ah, I think I covered everything. The story was really fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I only feel some of the battles had more potential that were never reached but that's just my opinion.
Also didn't Gil say that since he and Kirie were bound by contract, the Grail revived both of them together? Doesn't that sort of mean that Kirie remains alive as long as Gil does? It would explain how he survived the assassins when they apparently killed him and if so, then he's still not dead even after Lancer's attack. I was kinda surprised that Archer (in FSN UBW) died. I thought that Shirou would end up making a contract with him to become master and servant.
I got also really done in by the mom's message. Like, if you want your child to be happy, why commit suicide? T___T It did say she was mentally sick (even though her chapter 19 self didn't really appear so -> more like she got a bit misguided about what'd be best to do about helping Kakeru and also misunderstandings between them -> feeling helpless about being unable to do anything correctly, I get that... and mental health is not about rationality anyway, it's real signals your brain gives so yeah.. I think his mom also was fleshed out very real, being sick doesn't mean appearing like it), so I get it but... Still, cases like that are so sad.
Present Kakeru must be much better than Past Kakeru, after all many things got fixed, so now to see it to a good ending D: I think it should end well because... well, if the whole manga is this sad, and then you make the ending also sad... then what was even the point x(
And yeah I got just a bit ticked off at what Naho told him. I get saying that if you're clueless, but she basically told him the same kind of thing as in the past :/ Now that she knows if she doesn't deal with it, he'll die, she'll probably do something about it (together with everyone) even if she's still a bit timid and yeah... Suwa is clever, he won't let Kakeru die T_______T
Man if he actually dies, I'll bawl my eyes out like never. Actually I like Naho with Suwa too (in the future timeline), so if I can think of it like, either one of them gets love from her somewhere there, it's okay. But man, Suwa is such a good guy T____T For some reason, I cried the hardest when he mentioned (chapters back) how in the original timeline, he tried to keep Naho and Kakeru not-together (or that sorta thing), WHICH IS A COMPLETELY NORMAL THING TO DO IMO, and then he must have still felt such guilt T_T Sometimes I don't know how to live life. I think everyone should have themselves as no.1 priority, but in a situation like this... .. ;_;
---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------
I keep using both past and future for the original timeline, I hope it's clear XD;;;
Well she didn't sent that message in the end. What do you know, as the unstable person she was maybe she thought that Kakeru might actually be better off without her, because she keeps hurting him. I could certainly see her thinking something like this, wouldn't surprise me if she suffered from depression too. Agreed though, ultimately the lack of communication is at fault here, neither side really tried to understand to other for real. That's prolly what's nagging so much on Kakeru, especially looking at the horrible outcome. If you look at it objectively it's quite normal for a teen to just be annoyed at his/her mother or father, not trying to understand his/her viewpoint. It's a very common thing, though obviously not with such a bad outcome most of the time... hard to blame either side here, really, but ofc Kakeru would feel incredibly guilty.
Would love a happy outcome, but you might as well say that some things simply can't be changed even if you know about them. Would definitely be a very cruel message, but that's how reality works quite often. This goes together with Naho, who despite knowing a good chunk of the future struggles to change it. Knowledge is one thing, but behaving clearly different than you actually would is just that hard. That's why I find it kinda hard to blame Naho, even if you know better changing yourself is a big challenge.
Yeah I agree, Suwa is such a nice guy D: Him and Naho make a good pairing too, so I wouldn't mind that either, as long as Kakeru still finds happiness. You can only respect Suwa here, sacrificing his love for the sake of someone else. I think caring the most for yourself first is the most natural thing to do, yet I don't think it's wrong if you don't act like that all the time. How to live life is such an amazingly difficult question, so it's hard to answer that, but what it comes down to for me is that you do what you want to do. I guess there's a limit to that too, like say you just want to kill people, but I think you can figure that I'm not talking about such extreme cases here xD So in general do what you want to do, as long as you have no regrets about it later on. Obviously that's almost impossible but to me the best route to take, even if every human is bound to make mistakes in his life. So in that sense if Suwa wants is prioritizing saving Kakeru instead of getting together with Naho I can totally respect and understand that, even if has to be really painful to him.
GAWD!!! I typed like a moderately long post since I was done with Zero and it got lost . Sigh. I feel drained of all my energy. I guess I'll type in again in a few hours
I should stop to need that much time for answering posts... At that rate I'll never reach 20k. *sighs*
Oh I will enjoy the living shit out of it. All hail loli Illya.
Sure but I watch those intros for the songs most of the time. So don't blame me for not noticing every character form the get go. Maybe I was so used to Shota Gil thanks to Kaleid, that I simply overlooked him. (Double pun. Hooray me. )
Even the name sounds rather similar. Like the author simply thought of an english name that would fit here.
Then again i can't know all those characters as I haven't played HA at all. *grin*
Und sowas aus Frankfurt...
Ja... Aber nicht wenn alle beide nix besonderes sind.
Doesn't matter at all. He/She/It is fucking awesome.
It sure looks that way. Maybe 4-5 more chapters?
Regarding the Anime. I fucking died. Had to read the whole arc after this episode. I expected that onmly Shinpachis glasses would be affected but it made me cry. x'D
Same goes for Kagura. I did not expect that level of change. x'D Furthermore: Hijikata... xDDDDDDDDDD
And finally: Ginko and Souko are fucking hot.
All hail Mansengumi!
I should stop writing walls, otherwhise I will never reach 30k *sigh*
He's very hard to overlook in the second OP at least, but not like it matters. He's there and he's awesome
And I would say that's prolly it, the families are just way too similar xD Only difference I see here is that the Ainsworth want to save humanity (as far as we know).
Not that many new characters in HA actually.... will look forward to discuss the VN with you in another 3 or 4 years~
Was machst eine Bar denn "besonders"? XD
Gintama is awesomeness in it's purest form, don't need to say anything else I think
4 or 5 more chapters sounds about right though, yeah. Kinda figured they wouldn't defeat Utsuro here, he's just a bit too hax at the moment and almost all of them are on their last straw.
Finally watched the second Persona 3 movie. I fanboyed hard, I tell ya.
Aigis was perfect. Brofist to the studio as she was completely like I wanted her to be.
The ending was great. Awesome to let it include the emotional parts after Shinjis death.
Last but not least... Great after credit scene. HIS appearence couldn't have been better.
Tamako Love Story:
Cute little movie. Quite what I expected actually. No kiss needed as this was executed in a good way. Certainly not a very good movie but a nice conclusion for Tamako Market.
Gintama Movie 2:
Now THIS was a movie. This was Gintama in perfection. The jokes were amazing, the plot twist was great, even though I saw it coming after the fighting had begun.
I know I am repeating myself but seriously. THOSE JOKES: Them making fun of Kaguras voice actress in a perfect way, Katsura transforming into Takasugi 2.0, KFC, Chin-san. (Srsly, I think I almost died after they have shown Gintokis appearance to the audience.) and at the end the classic glasses joke. 10/10. x'D
Last but not least: Kagura should look like that forever. Hair down and that bombshell body.
About time Agreed, I think they're really doing an amazing job with these movies. I mean there's always something to improve but the story actually feels better than in the game, so that's a big plus for me. Just sucks that we have to wait so long for each movie =/ The last 2 movies should be awesome too~
I think Chin-san was the best part about the whole movie, I remember I was literally rolling on the floor there x'DDDD 10/10 would watch again, indeed. I think we've talked about everything else on IRC already.
So I've gotten back to making my Fate zero end post.
Berserker being Lancelot became obvious after a while, especially when Kirie mentioned his obsession with Saber.
Gilgamesh is too hax wth. He's way too powerful. He just destroyed Rider's reality marble (that's what it's called right?) with ease and ended up making the battle look horribly one-sided. Still, I liked the relationship between waver and rider, especially the time when Waver used all his command seals to order Rider to win and Rider told Waver to live on. It was also a bit noble of Gil to spare Waver.
Kariya was such a weird guy. Why did he attack Aoi when she walked in on him and dead Tokiomi? I mean I know why he did but it was a stupid thing to do and he ended up dying pitifully and all. Don't know whether to feel sorry for him or he was just silly. It was nice that he tried to save Sakura and the others but he ended up screwing things.
Kirie is such a heartless dude. He killed Tokiomi just like that and even used the blade he had just received as a gift. Moreover, he had the nerve to give the same blade to Rin (it was the same one right?). Such an ass. I never understood his motives though. Why did he want to kill his father? Is it that he just gets the thrill of disaster and all? Anyway the Kirie/Kiritsugu battle was epic. Easily my best fight in the series. I actually think most of the fights in Zero didn't live up to the billing. They were either too short or too uneventful or too little focus on the battle. The Kirie/Kiritsugu one was really nice though and brilliant considering it had been foreshadowed for so long. Almost like everything was leading to that point. The Grail turned out to be a scam and brutally cruel too. The vision it showed Kiritsugu was really disheartening considering how much he did to get to that point.
I also felt bad for Saber as Kiritsugu didn't tell her the truth about the Grail and now she's fighting in a war again with the hopes that the Grail is the answer to her prayers. It's quite sad tbh.
Ah, I think I covered everything. The story was really fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I only feel some of the battles had more potential that were never reached but that's just my opinion.
Also didn't Gil say that since he and Kirie were bound by contract, the Grail revived both of them together? Doesn't that sort of mean that Kirie remains alive as long as Gil does? It would explain how he survived the assassins when they apparently killed him and if so, then he's still not dead even after Lancer's attack. I was kinda surprised that Archer (in FSN UBW) died. I thought that Shirou would end up making a contract with him to become master and servant.
Well it might be more accurate to say that his strongest weapon, Ea, is just way too damn powerful. Back then when Fate/Zero was the only thing I had seen of the Fate universe it was kinda disappointing, especially because I wanted Gil to loose Kinda came to terms with it later on, as he does get what he deserves and ways to beat Ea are presented.
Gil does have some honour in Fate/Zero at least, but he's just so ridiculously arrogant that I never really got to like him.
I think opinions about Kariya are quited divided among the fanbase. Some really feel sad for him, others see him as some kind of joke considering he just went wrong about so many things. Some suspect he never did this for Sakura in the first place even, but only to get his revenge on Tokiomi or something. I do pity him, but he kind of had it coming, really... he just turned wrong one time too often.
Uh wasn't it thoroughly explained in Zero? Kirei always was vastly different to other humans, in the sense that inflicting pain on others actually entertains him while seeing them in joy is boring him/does not make him feel anything. A good chunk of Zero is him still struggling with this heavily, as he realized that this is seen as something horribly wrong in the world he lives in. He's been trying to fight that personality disorder (I guess this is what you might call it) for his whole life until he finally accepts it thanks to some events and Gilgamesh. Since then he simply decided to act on what brings him enjoyment, adapting a different view of what is good or evil. A lot of that is covered in the Heavens Feel route of Fate/Stay Night, so maybe you will understand him better there.
Kiritsugu vs Kirei was epic, yes
Can't really blame Kiritsugu for not telling Saber, once he knew she was already gone lol. Did you miss the part in UBW or did you simply not watch the last episodes? Gil did tell her that the Grail is corrupted, so she already has accepted that she can't achieve her dream. Seeing Archer and Shirou fight already made her come to terms with her past.
Don't really know if the fights could've been better, but I guess that never was the main point of the anime. Enjoyed it for what it's worth.
Don't recall what Gil said exactly during Zero, but Gilgamesh was never dead so there was no need to revive him. Kirei indeed got saved thanks to the Grail, but there is no connection between the two's life. Not sure what assassins you're talking about.... but Kirei being hard to kill will be explained in Heavens Feel too. He's definitely dead now though, Lancer's cursed lance piercing is heart was enough to kill him for real.
I should stop writing walls, otherwhise I will never reach 30k *sigh*
He's very hard to overlook in the second OP at least, but not like it matters. He's there and he's awesome
And I would say that's prolly it, the families are just way too similar xD Only difference I see here is that the Ainsworth want to save humanity (as far as we know).
Not that many new characters in HA actually.... will look forward to discuss the VN with you in another 3 or 4 years~
Was machst eine Bar denn "besonders"? XD
Gintama is awesomeness in it's purest form, don't need to say anything else I think
4 or 5 more chapters sounds about right though, yeah. Kinda figured they wouldn't defeat Utsuro here, he's just a bit too hax at the moment and almost all of them are on their last straw.
About time Agreed, I think they're really doing an amazing job with these movies. I mean there's always something to improve but the story actually feels better than in the game, so that's a big plus for me. Just sucks that we have to wait so long for each movie =/ The last 2 movies should be awesome too~
I think Chin-san was the best part about the whole movie, I remember I was literally rolling on the floor there x'DDDD 10/10 would watch again, indeed. I think we've talked about everything else on IRC already.
Yeah I can imagine. Powerful shotas tend to look cool.
I can't shake the feeling that this is like a pun. Simply switching the reading of a Kanji or two or something... Surprisingly enough, everytime they talk about saving the world, bad guys usually do everything they can to look really evil while doing it. the Einzberns are a different type of dangerous though... *Looks at Angra Mainyu/Ahriman*
3 or 4 years? How optimistic. Good thing is you can actually remember the events... So no problem with discussing it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay later.
Have you never seen How I met your Mother?
Yes you don't Though I wonder... Will they animate Grim Reaper this time or this there too much stuff in between?
Makes sense. He is supposed to be the big kind of evil and they fought all night long. They need to rest asap. Though it looks like we are about to see a Kondou and Sasaki team up. Hoho~
Yes Chintoki is the best joke of the movie and my reaction was the same as yours. It doesn't matter how many Gintama episodes you've seen, you simpla don't expect something like that. x'D
10/10? 12/10!
Well as I said it was a great movie for me but far from perfect. Or rather, Aigis (as well as Revolver Jesus / Strega) made it great. Iirc I enjoyed the first one a bit more. The lack of social links is a bit meh but at least they get shown. Also I feel like the whole Makato x Pharos thing is a bit random in the movie. Dunno if my memory is playing tricks on me here but I think he appeared more often in the game as he is quite important.
Furthermore as I have already said I think the fighting animation was a bit off from time to time. Didn't look very fluent and many fights were way too short. Like the one against Arcana Hermit. Idea was good but the execution...
Dunno closed the tab by mistake or something and ctrl+shift+T brought the page but not the text.
Well it might be more accurate to say that his strongest weapon, Ea, is just way too damn powerful. Back then when Fate/Zero was the only thing I had seen of the Fate universe it was kinda disappointing, especially because I wanted Gil to loose Kinda came to terms with it later on, as he does get what he deserves and ways to beat Ea are presented.
Gil does have some honour in Fate/Zero at least, but he's just so ridiculously arrogant that I never really got to like him.
Yeah it's hard to really like him considering how arrogant he is and how he talks down to practically everyone but one can't really fault his performance in battles.
Ways to beat him? Sounds interesting. Well people like him are doomed to fall eventually but I'm quite curious to how that plays out.
I think opinions about Kariya are quited divided among the fanbase. Some really feel sad for him, others see him as some kind of joke considering he just went wrong about so many things. Some suspect he never did this for Sakura in the first place even, but only to get his revenge on Tokiomi or something. I do pity him, but he kind of had it coming, really... he just turned wrong one time too often.
Well he was initially someone to pity but later on things he did just seemed silly.
Uh wasn't it thoroughly explained in Zero? Kirei always was vastly different to other humans, in the sense that inflicting pain on others actually entertains him while seeing them in joy is boring him/does not make him feel anything. A good chunk of Zero is him still struggling with this heavily, as he realized that this is seen as something horribly wrong in the world he lives in. He's been trying to fight that personality disorder (I guess this is what you might call it) for his whole life until he finally accepts it thanks to some events and Gilgamesh. Since then he simply decided to act on what brings him enjoyment, adapting a different view of what is good or evil. A lot of that is covered in the Heavens Feel route of Fate/Stay Night, so maybe you will understand him better there.
Kiritsugu vs Kirei was epic, yes
Well yeah I got the part but perhaps I didn't completely understand it. So it's basically just in his nature and not like there's really a reason for it? Lol
Can't really blame Kiritsugu for not telling Saber, once he knew she was already gone lol. Did you miss the part in UBW or did you simply not watch the last episodes? Gil did tell her that the Grail is corrupted, so she already has accepted that she can't achieve her dream. Seeing Archer and Shirou fight already made her come to terms with her past.
Yeah I know but if she had known earlier, then at least she wouldn't have had so much hope initially. It's sad seeing how she went on for so long thinking it was the key especially after destroying the grail in zero.
Don't really know if the fights could've been better, but I guess that never was the main point of the anime. Enjoyed it for what it's worth.
Hm yeah I did enjoy, just felt it could've been better. The story makes up for it though and the really important fight (Kirie vs Kiritsugu) was spot on.
Don't recall what Gil said exactly during Zero, but Gilgamesh was never dead so there was no need to revive him. Kirei indeed got saved thanks to the Grail, but there is no connection between the two's life. Not sure what assassins you're talking about.... but Kirei being hard to kill will be explained in Heavens Feel too. He's definitely dead now though, Lancer's cursed lance piercing is heart was enough to kill him for real.
Oh, I must have made a mistake then. I do recall Gil mentioning something about them being connected as master/servant so maybe it had a role to play. Well it's good he's finally dead. I guess it's fitting he died while trying to kill Rin as well.
I'm quite glad I decided to watch NgNl. I particularly liked Sora's speech when he became king. I also like how blank are. I've finished watching season 1 and now I really want to watch the 2nd season. The theme is exactly the kind of stuff I like. The games were all immensely interesting as well. Shiro's calculating speed is amazing and the way sora thinks far ahead is also amazing. It's cool that they managed to do every game in a unique one that none is boring.