A house filled with artichokes..splendid ! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

A house filled with artichokes..splendid !

Who's the most handsome

• Total voters

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Wazza, peeps!
As of today, I am a new moderator of the Nanatsu no Taizai section. I'm sure nearly none of you have an idea about who I am, but that's why this section exists! I hope we all get along! :)

This promotion came as a bit of a surprise, which means I hadn't thought of making an introduction prior to this. However, I'll try to make this as concise as possible!

Personal Information:

My name is Art (I know, totally identical to Gallon). I had intended to make an account nicknamed "Arty", but I went for "Gallon" for yet unknown reasons.
But either way, goldb used my nickname as a unit, so I got that going for me, which is nice!
I am 17 years old. I intend to study medicine abroad, so my life is currently all about preparation for standardized tests and university application.
I attend a swimming course (I've only been there for three months, but still.), and I do enjoy it quite a bit. I also like football/soccer, even though I'm not great at it.
I'd describe my personality as cheerful and optimistic at most times. However, I may sometimes lose myself to wrath, resulting in the destruction of some kingdoms! (The absolute truth)
I guess that's it. If you wanna know more, please ask!

How I ran into MH:

So, I started reading Nanatsu no Taizai a few months ago, but since it was a relatively new manga, I found nearly no other person to discuss Taizai topics with. I started my search for a forum with an active community, and after countless and countless of months of searching (I might be exaggerating a bit), I found this forum!
It was full of interesting members, and I HAD TO make an account.
After that... buala, here I am.

What I watch and/or read:

I don't really watch an extraordinarily large number of anime, as I often lose interest if the first episodes are "boring", but what I watch I do enjoy a lot.
So, I've watched/read or am watching/reading:
-Nanatsu no Taizai
-Naruto
-One Piece (to an extent)
-Charlotte
-God Eater
-Rokka no Yuusha
-Monster Musume (10/10)
-Code Geass
-Death Note
-Fate/Zero
-Hajime no Ippo (to an extent)
-Seraph of the End
-Kuroko no Basket

Yeah, I don't read/watch a lot of manga/anime, haha.

That was it! If you want to know anything else, please ask!

I can't wait to get to know you all!

Last edited:

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I don't really watch an extraordinarily large number of anime, as I often lose interest if the first episodes are "boring", but what I watch I do enjoy a lot.
So, I've watched/read or am watching/reading:
-Nanatsu no Taizai
-Naruto
-One Piece (to an extent)
-Charlotte
-God Eater
-Rokka no Yuusha
-Monster Musume (10/10)
-Code Geass
-Death Note
-Fate/Zero
-Hajime no Ippo (to an extent)
-Seraph of the End
-Kuroko no Basket

Yeah, I don't read/watch a lot of manga/anime, haha.
Read Hunter x Hunter.

Is your username a reference to Gallon of Dark Stalkers?
Why do you want to become a doctor? And why do you want to study abroad?
Do you play League of Legends?
Do you play any instruments?
Favorite music artists?
Favorite movie?
Favorite TV show?

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Read Hunter x Hunter.

Is your username a reference to Gallon of Dark Stalkers?
Why do you want to become a doctor? And why do you want to study abroad?
Do you play League of Legends?
Do you play any instruments?
Favorite music artists?
Favorite movie?
Favorite TV show?
I've been given that recommendation multiple times; perhaps I should start reading it.

-No, not really. There's a character called "Galan" in NnT, and many were pronouncing his name as "Gallon", so I was like "M'kay, let's give it a try".
-Mainly because I like being of use to people; it is very satisfying to aid people with keeping their bodies healthy. Additionally, it's an occupation which is heavily based on your knowledge.
Plus, I love Biology. :p
I mean, there's tons and tons of things associated with the human body which I find amusing. :)
Why I want to study abroad? Well, I live in a country which is flooded by corruption; that alone should be sufficient as a reason.
Furthermore, the education level is not so high.
-Sadly, no. I promised my friends that I'd start after my college application was finished. Is it any good?
-I used to go to a guitar course when I was like 10. However, the "teacher" kept going outside, lighting a cigarette, giving me the same, easy task everyday and telling me to repeat the same thing over and over again. I quit due to lack of improvement.
-I don't listen to rap, but I do enjoy listening to Eminem (my brother likes him). I don't particularly have a favorite music artist, since nearly all types of music are appealing to me, but I like most of Pharrell Williams' songs.
-Well, this is going to be a hard one. I doubt I can choose one, but Ride Along, 21 and 22 Jump Street, Gone Girl and Inception are at the top, I'd say. Oh, Jurassic movies, as well: I love dinosaurs!
You can recommend me some good movies. :p
-None, actually. I see everyone talking about them, but I don't watch any. What are your favorite ones and which ones would you recommend?

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I've been given that recommendation multiple times; perhaps I should start reading it.
Better watch the new (finished) anime, it's incredibly faithful and awesome :nod

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

-Mainly because I like being of use to people; it is very satisfying to aid people with keeping their bodies healthy. Additionally, it's an occupation which is heavily based on your knowledge.
Plus, I love Biology. :p
I mean, there's tons and tons of things associated with the human body which I find amusing. :)
I like you already haha XD Becoming a doc was one of ideas I had when I finished school, but I've always prefered psychology over anatomy.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Better watch the new (finished) anime, it's incredibly faithful and awesome :nod

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

I like you already haha XD Becoming a doc was one of ideas I had when I finished school, but I've always prefered psychology over anatomy.
Yeah, I've heard that the anime is superior to the manga. I'll be sure to check it out.

Thanks. :p
Actually, psychology was the only other choice which made me doubt my decision. I had psychology class this year, and I loved it.
I still went with anatomy in the end, but psychology is, personally, just as interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nii

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hello newcomer.

What is your best experience on MH thus far?

What kind of moderator do you hope to be?

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Hello newcomer.

What is your best experience on MH thus far?

What kind of moderator do you hope to be?
Hey!

Um, that's a tough question. Does being promoted count? :p
I haven't really experienced anything particularly interesting, but I'd say arguing against certain fanboys has been great. :p
No, wait... Your post is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me!

Well, I don't really know. I had no intention of becoming a Moderator when I first joined, so this was a huge surprise.
I just hope I'll do a good job and earn your and the members' respect... nothing else, really.

Hi.

Do you like moe?

Do you?

DO YOU?
Hi.

Yes, yes I do.

Moe is love, Moe is life!

#Moe

Reactions: Sky

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
*Looks at your watching/reading list*

You. I like you.

:blush

#Moe

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
*Looks at your watching/reading list*

You. I like you.

:blush

#Moe
Well, I do my best. :cheez

I like you, too. We should join forces and become Moenators. :hip

#Moe

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, I've heard that the anime is superior to the manga. I'll be sure to check it out.

Thanks. :p
Actually, psychology was the only other choice which made me doubt my decision. I had psychology class this year, and I loved it.
I still went with anatomy in the end, but psychology is, personally, just as interesting.
It's long but worth the time :nod

That's great to hear, I love psychology :pleased I've actually wanted to become a psychologist in the past but I was kinda slacking off back then, so it didn't work out exactly like that haha. Now I'm working as an educator, but I guess after a few years I will try to switch the job to either become a teacher or aim to becoming a psychologist for real. Not that I don't like my current job, but one always wants to aim higher. The sky is the limit :hee

Yes, yes I do.

Moe is love, Moe is life!

#Moe
You should read Gakkou Gurashi then, you will love it :3c

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
It's long but worth the time :nod

That's great to hear, I love psychology :pleased I've actually wanted to become a psychologist in the past but I was kinda slacking off back then, so it didn't work out exactly like that haha. Now I'm working as an educator, but I guess after a few years I will try to switch the job to either become a teacher or aim to becoming a psychologist for real. Not that I don't like my current job, but one always wants to aim higher. The sky is the limit :hee

You should read Gakkou Gurashi then, you will love it :3c
Well, it's never too late to follow your dreams.
Oh, an educator? That's quite nice. Actually, it's quite close to a teacher, so that's good. Be sure to teach kids about Freud. You know it goes: Freud is love, Freud is li-..okay I'll stop.
A psychology teacher or a psychologist, huh? I guarantee you can do it; just add some sprinkles of passion here and there and BOOM!

I've watched the first episode, but I completely forgot to catch up. Dat twist tho.

Last edited:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, I do my best. :cheez

I like you, too. We should join forces and become Moenators. :hip

#Moe
I am sure you will. You have potential. :zomg

Yes we should. Join Hakus thread right here and enjoy the power of moe.
Also I am this staffs highest ranked pervert... Kinda...

#Moe

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Don't watch it, read it. :kappa

Last edited:

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I am sure you will. You have potential. :notbad

Yes we should. Join Hakus thread right here and enjoy the power of moe.
Also I am this staffs highest ranked pervert... Kinda...

#Moe

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Don't watch it, read it. :kappa
Haku? The last time I checked, he was a girlish boy who stayed by Zabuza's side; has he turned into a Moe...? OH MY GOD... THE MOE TRANSFORMATION FOUNTAIN DOES EXIST?!

On a scale from 1 to 10, how perverted are you?

Gakkou Gurashi? Sure, I'll read it if the manga is better.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Haku? The last time I checked, he was a girlish boy who stayed by Zabuza's side; has he turned into a Moe...? OH MY GOD... THE MOE TRANSFORMATION FOUNTAIN DOES EXIST?!

On a scale from 1 to 10, how perverted are you?

Gakkou Gurashi? Sure, I'll read it if the manga is better.
I never looked at it this way but... Sure. Yes. That happened.

Both are nice. The anime is a different interpretation of the source material.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, it's never too late to follow your dreams.
Oh, an educator? That's quite nice. Actually, it's quite close to a teacher, so that's good. Be sure to teach kids about Freud. You know it goes: Freud is love, Freud is li-..okay I'll stop.
A psychology teacher or a psychologist, huh? I guarantee you can do it; just add some sprinkles of passion here and there and BOOM!

I've watched the first episode, but I completely forgot to catch up. Dat twist tho.
Sure isn't, but it's more stressful if things don't work out as planned. You better become a doc on the first try, that's the easiest and most smooth route :p

Yep it's close to a teacher, hence why I chose the job :nod And Freud.... well most of Freud's theories suck, though I guess they were spectacular for the time xD
Not necessarily a psychology teacher, but ofc I wouldn't mind that at all. Passion always helps, but laziness can be quite strong too haha. I shall try my best~

Like Sky said, read the manga, it's better. While the anime isn't bad at all, it is changing quite a few things which the manga did better most of the time.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
So Gallon, where are you from?
And your name? Is Art a short form or..?

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hey!

Um, that's a tough question. Does being promoted count? :p
I haven't really experienced anything particularly interesting, but I'd say arguing against certain fanboys has been great. :p
No, wait... Your post is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me!

Well, I don't really know. I had no intention of becoming a Moderator when I first joined, so this was a huge surprise.
I just hope I'll do a good job and earn your and the members' respect... nothing else, really.
Haha. Interesting way to approach those weirdly serious questions :babyrage

At least you didn't pull out one of those generic "being part of this wonderful community and great discussiong blabla" posts :kappa
But good answer anyway that last part, lel.

What a humble guy!

In due time, you will learn the way of the memer :4head

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nuno might not be the best choice for a role model...