Discussion - General Couples/Relationship Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion General Couples/Relationship Thread

What is your favorite love story in NnT?

• Mel x Elizabeth

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Ban x Elaine

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • King x Diane

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Margaret x Gilthunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadja x Gowther

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Ban x Jericho

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Diane x Hauser

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Escanor x Merlin

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Gloxinia x Gerharde

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Derieri x Monspiet

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Since there's been quite a few couples in the story and the fact that Nakaba is giving a lot of importance to romance in the manga, I was curious which of the ongoing love stories is your favorite.
After some thought for me it's gotta be Ban x Elaine. Once past the fact that Elaine looks like a loli, I just find her relationship with Ban much more convincing than other couples we see in the manga, and I like how Ban's feelings for her are still the same even after her death.
So which one do you prefer?
I added a poll, some of the couples aren't exactly official, and it's more like a one sided love, but it's still interesting to include them imo, and sorry if I forgot one couple or two.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Harlequin and Diane is the best of the best. Ban and Elaine is second best. Every other romance is mostly boring or destined to fail. Gowther and Guila could have potential if it's allowed to continue, but it's not looking like it.

Harlequin and Diane is just a never ending uphill battle of tragedy for the both of them. It's like life itself is just trying to make things hard for them. But that tenacity is what makes it sweet. I'm a sucker for tragic romances like this and I love them more when everything works out.

It is quite...let's say interesting that most of the main romances have underage vibes to it.

Last edited:

HeartGold12

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Harlequin and Diane is the best of the best. Ban and Elaine is second best. Every other romance is mostly boring or destined to fail. Gowther and Guila could have potential if it's allowed to continue, but it's not looking like it.

Harlequin and Diane is just a never ending uphill battle of tragedy for the both of them. It's like life itself is just trying to make things hard for them. But that tenacity is what makes it sweet. I'm a sucker for tragic romances like this and I love them more when everything works out.

It is quite...let's say interesting that most of the main romances have underage vibes to it.
Ditto. Though Ban's impossible quest to get Elaine back that slowly breaks him is also good tragedy material. I hope we'll get a bit more of Elaine into the main story someday to give it more space to thrive.

I find Melizabeth surprisingly adorable. Actually, the primary reason for reading the manga up until Ban was introduced was to see more of their interaction. The little comical gropes and Eli's initial cluelessnes made it adorkable, and the fact that there's a layer of care and devotion underneath is what sold it to me.

I also find Diane x Hauser quite cute, though unlike other human and X pairings his aging could pose a problem for it :/ Same for Ban and Jericho, though they are flat out hilarious because of Ban's utter indifference towards her :D

Gowther x Guila was my crack OTP ever since he held her bridal style xD I thought they could bond over Zeal and Pelio. I was so sad when it sunk when Gowther went out of control, but apparently Guila doesn't hate him (I was so surprised!) so it's still a thing?

But yeah, special spot goes to Kiane, with Banlaine right behind it. I mean, even Ban ships it. It also helps that they're, you know, blatantly in love and ready to show it. That makes it really refreshing and cute at the same time.

I think romance is one of the things that sets NNT apart from other shonens. Most of the characters are in love in some manner, and some try to actively pursue the relationship?

I like that.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ban and Elaine is kinda hard for me to describe. The tragedy is there, but...there is something about it that makes it less so. Maybe because the feelings are confirmed by both already. Plus, it's not really a roller coaster of emotions. More like a Sunday drive. Still, the two have chemistry and the love is there.

I feel like I've said this a one hundred times already, but one hundred more won't hurt. Mel and Elizabeth, no, especially Elizabeth are boooring. Plain with a capital P. Because of that little matter, I'm not currently engaged in their romance. I will say however, the thing that I do find intriguing is their apparent connection in past lives.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Waiting for more Gowther X Guila development before voting :heh.

Ban X Elaine then King X Diane then Gilthunder X Veronica for me. I like how Hauser fell for Diane too but I am indifferent to the rest, excepted Melizabeth(I will use this now :nod).

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Yeah I wouldn't put Gowther x Guila in the closet just yet, maybe if Gowther acquired a heart they could start again where they left off, plus it does seem that they had sex :heh

Pietro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Ban x the Elaine is the best love song I think.
I dont know it reminds me Romeo & Juliet,but its a little different.And Ban seems so...cold and greedy,but with Elaine has showed a character that we have never seen.I like the way both love,and how both are ready to sacrifice their life for the other.But we have seen how its finished.But Ban still loves her

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Ban x the Elaine is the best love song I think.
I dont know it reminds me Romeo & Juliet,but its a little different.And Ban seems so...cold and greedy,but with Elaine has showed a character that we have never seen.I like the way both love,and how both are ready to sacrifice their life for the other.But we have seen how its finished.But Ban still loves her
I don't think it's finished, I really hope he can revive her. That said there's only a few love stories that I feel are deep enough, like Ban x Elaine, and King x Diane, the rest I'm not really convinced by them like Melizabeth(lol).So I see most people choosing between those two :)

overlordpringerx

Reaction score
Country
Spain
KingxDiane. Least forced and most focused of them all. I mean granted Elaine is dead, but still not seeing any interaction between her and Ban for so long, makes it hard for me to be interested. And KingxDiane needs to happen more than anything, because King will break if it doesn't. This is beyond shipping, it's for my favorite character's well-being!

Tail

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
MEL X ELI.
I don't need a reason to like these two. Reincarnation and stuff makes things be more interesting.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Surprisingly enough, me too. Even though I am straight.
I think just the possiblity of Slader being with Gowther, and all the hilarious interaction between them is enough to make it interesting as a pairing.Also it's way better than Gowther brainwashing innocent girls and taking advantage of them :errr

Although there's a high chance it's one sided, and maybe Gowther could be interested just for the sake of experimenting something new.

overlordpringerx

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I think just the possiblity of Slader being with Gowther, and all the hilarious interaction between them is enough to make it interesting as a pairing.Also it's way better than Gowther brainwashing innocent girls and taking advantage of them :errr

Although there's a high chance it's one sided, and maybe Gowther could be interested just for the sake of experimenting something new.
Eh. It's still better than all that BanxKing stuff out there. And from what we have seen from Gowther, making him bi wouldn't be surprising.

SpectrumRay16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
LadyLola, i'm ready to continue said conversation :D

So for starters, I'd like to say... her are my opinions on the following ships and then i will give you a list of those i like the idea of that do not seem to be canon.

Canon Pairings

- Ban x Elaine (It's cute, sweet, but's it's not my favorite)
- Meliodas x Elizabeth (Probably the most interesting/realistic relationships of the series, which i like)
- Diane x King (Is my second favorite... so far!)
- Gowther x Slader (I shipped them since their first meeting and after that cover page with him carrying Gowther's doll i've been an avid fan :D)
- Guila x Gowther (to me this was a fling)
- Margaret x Gilthunder and Griamore x Veronica (Same as Ban x Elaine)
- Escanor x Merlin (I'm iffy about this one... if she likes him i will like this ship more)

Non Canon pairings

- Merlin x Arthur (Because i'm a HUGE Myths and Legends nuts, i don't like this as much as i could)
- Escanor x Matrona (THEY COULD BE SO CUTE TOGETHER!!!!!!!!! The day/night shift with her caring/warrior side would be PERFECT!) [It may be implied that she is with Zarpa, but it hasn't actually been stated yet... he just said they were family and that can mean a lot of things]

- Howzer x Diane (It's not bad, but King needs something for his hardships)
- Jericho x Ban (It won't happen because of Elaine... but, i still like it :D)
- Meliodas x Octololi? (Yes... i actually did this and i'm damn well proud of it)

I'm currently working on a full scale Romance project for Nanatsu no Taizai which include me writing a story for each pairing in the series. I've already started and will be doing them in order of appearance in the series, the link to it if you would like is here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11646551/1/A-Sinful-Romance

Last edited:

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
LadyLola, i'm ready to continue said conversation :D

So for starters, I'd like to say... her are my opinions on the following ships and then i will give you a list of those i like the idea of that do not seem to be canon.

Canon Pairings

- Ban x Elaine (It's cute, sweet, but's it's not my favorite)
- Meliodas x Elizabeth (Probably the most interesting/realistic relationships of the series, which i like)
- Diane x King (Is my second favorite... so far!)
- Gowther x Slader (I shipped them since their first meeting and after that cover page with him carrying Gowther's doll i've been an avid fan :D)
- Guila x Gowther (to me this was a fling)
- Margaret x Gilthunder and Griamore x Veronica (Same as Ban x Elaine)
- Escanor x Merlin (I'm iffy about this one... if she likes him i will like this ship more)

Non Canon pairings

- Merlin x Arthur (Because i'm a HUGE Myths and Legends nuts, i don't like this as much as i could)
- Escanor x Matrona (THEY COULD BE SO CUTE TOGETHER!!!!!!!!! The day/night shift with her caring/warrior side would be PERFECT!) [It may be implied that she is with Zarpa, but it hasn't actually been stated yet... he just said they were family and that can mean a lot of things]

- Howzer x Diane (It's not bad, but King needs something for his hardships)
- Jericho x Ban (It won't happen because of Elaine... but, i still like it :D)
- Meliodas x Octololi? (Yes... i actually did this and i'm damn well proud of it)

I'm currently working on a full scale Romance project for Nanatsu no Taizai which include me writing a story for each pairing in the series. I've already started and will be doing them in order of appearance in the series, the link to it if you would like is here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11646551/1/A-Sinful-Romance
:clap That's what I call dedication.
Nakaba seems to give a lot of importance to romance.I'll go over some of the pairings you mentioned
-Mel xElizabeth: It's the canon pairing.Tbh I'm not very fond of it. It feels forced and perhaps it's because of the whole Liz thing.It is heavily implied Elizabeth is her reincarnation.
It's very cliche, but I guess it works.I simply cannot imagine Mel with someone else.But I can imagine Elizabeth being somewhat deceived and getting seduced by Estarossa.:hurr
-Ban x Elaine: Used to be my favorite pairing, and in terms of love story I prefer it more than most other love stories.
-King x Diane: Prolly my least favorite out of the bunch. It's too nice, too vanilla lol.
-Gowther x Slader: Yes, it must happen!
-Guila X Gowther: :residentsleeper
-Margaret x Gilthunder and Veronica x Griamore: Same as Melizabeth.It's pretty much canon.
-Escanor x Merlin: As much I like Escanor(he's my husband lol) I can understand why he likes Merlin.But I fear it's one sided, she seems more interested in his power and his constant changing forms than him as a person.Which is why if she doesn't return his feelings I'd really like him to find someone else.It could be interesting to see him grow out of his fascination with Merlin, and slowly open up to another person.

-Merlin x Arthur: Could happen,but I'm a bit iffy about it mainly because Arthur is so young.
-Escanor x Matrona: Interesting but I think Zarpa suits her more.And my woman's instinct tells me she'll end up with him^^
-Howzer x Diane: I like it better than King x Diane tbh.
-Jericho x Ban: Wasn't my favorite, but I'm starting to like it more.Janko is rather awesome.She's a real woman now, who wants to fight for her man.
-Meliodas x Octololi/Octoshota: We don't even know if it's a girl or a guy, but I approve.:verily
-Guila x Veronica: Looks no one thought about this one. It's the only Yuri pairing to my knowledge.That special chapter was rather explicit, since Veronica wanted to see Guila's boobies. :cookiehand

Will think about more pairings as the story progresses.Let's keep this thread alive!

Last edited:

SpectrumRay16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:clap That's what I call dedication.
Nakaba seems to give a lot of importance to romance.I'll go over some of the pairings you mentioned
-Mel xElizabeth: It's the canon pairing.Tbh I'm not very fond of it. It feels forced and perhaps it's because of the whole Liz thing.It is heavily implied Elizabeth is her reincarnation.
It's very cliche, but I guess it works.I simply cannot imagine Mel with someone else.But I can imagine Elizabeth being somewhat deceived and getting seduced by Estarossa.:hurr
-Ban x Elaine: Used to be my favorite pairing, and in terms of love story I prefer it more than most other love stories.
-King x Diane: Prolly my least favorite out of the bunch. It's too nice, too vanilla lol.
-Gowther x Slader: Yes, it must happen!
-Guila X Gowther: :residentsleeper
-Margaret x Gilthunder and Veronica x Griamore: Same as Melizabeth.It's pretty much canon.
-Escanor x Merlin: As much I like Escanor(he's my husband lol) I can understand why he likes Merlin.But I fear it's one sided, she seems more interested in his power and his constant changing forms than him as a person.Which is why if she doesn't return his feelings I'd really like him to find someone else.It could be interesting to see him grow out of his fascination with Merlin, and slowly open up to another person.

-Merlin x Arthur: Could happen,but I'm a bit iffy about it mainly because Arthur is so young.
-Escanor x Matrona: Interesting but I think Zarpa suits her more.And my woman's instinct tells me she'll end up with him^^
-Howzer x Diane: I like it better than King x Diane tbh.
-Jericho x Ban: Wasn't my favorite, but I'm starting to like it more.Janko is rather awesome.She's a real woman now, who wants to fight for her man.
-Meliodas x Octololi/Octoshota: We don't even know if it's a girl or a guy, but I approve.:verily
-Guila x Veronica: Looks no one thought about this one. It's the only Yuri pairing to my knowledge.That special chapter was rather explicit, since Veronica wanted to see Guila's boobies. :cookiehand

Will think about more pairings as the story progresses.Let's keep this thread alive!
In that case, let's talk about the two i seem to have some issues/strong feelings towards :D

Ironically, mine are both Escanor's relationships or potential relaitionships. I'm assuming that when explaining your view of Matrona x Escanor you were poitning out that your woman's instincts were telling you she would end up with Zarpa right? Or were you reffering to Escanor... i'm confused, HELP ME! XD

As for Merlin and Escanor,it's more than likely one sided for the time being however Nakaba could turn it into an actual pairing... however, instead of having another relaitionship blossom i would love to see Nakaba show up one that didn't. So instead of seeing Escalin get stronger, we see it get weaker until Escanor finally stops loving Merlin. This sounds like a much better idea for his character, as in his day form he seems to care about her... but, not to the extent that his night form does. I'd say, his eventual rejection from Merlin and getting over it would be better for his character... because that would insight a little more confidence into him.
What if he has actually tried to ask Merlin, but got rejected and now he sees her as his closest friend?
Because that is what she is to him... Those two were cloesest to each other, but, what interests me the most is whilst Escanor grew feelings for Merlin, did she have feelings for him but avoid/block them out due to her research?

I'd like to see if Merlin's character would prioritize her research over Love, and perhaps that something happened in the past that makes her unable to care or love another person?

Btw, if you haven't guessed... i'm a HUGE fan of the idea of Escanor x Matrona... i don't even know why, i just do XD
I'm not sure what triggered it, but, i think it was the cover page for Diane's backstory... where she is shown holding a knight that looked slightly like a long haired version of Escanor (Which it can't be because the Escanor is a ginger)
If you look at their personalities they are sort of similar as well... day Escanor and backstory Matrona seem to have a similar mindset and now Matrona has a similar mindset/attitude to night Escanor. I really think that Nakaba made her hair style similar to Escanor's wanted poster for a reason, i'm not sure why i think that though.

Maybe... Escanor was the one who gave Matrona those scars? Question is were they to hurt her or help her (searing wounds shut and all) Another thing i'm curious about is whether or not Rhitta might mean more to Escanor than "a maiden loved by the sun"... he seemed to get upset when Galan touched it and quickly snatched it away. He may have some attachment to that name, so i'm guessing it may be his Mother. Anyway, i started theory crafting, so i think i should stop XD

Ps: here are some more pairings:

Viviann x Gilthunder

Derrierie x Monspiet

Galan x Merascylla (It looked like something was going on)

Jericho x Elaine

Escanor x Escanor (He's that egotistical XD)

Zeldris x Gelda (Well... it WAS canon)

Meliodas x Liz

Hawk x Leftovers

PPS: We could talk about these pairings ALL day and fill this thread up XD
We will keep it alive, WOOT WOOT!!!

Last edited:

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
In that case, let's talk about the two i seem to have some issues/strong feelings towards :D

Ironically, mine are both Escanor's relationships or potential relaitionships. I'm assuming that when explaining your view of Matrona x Escanor you were poitning out that your woman's instincts were telling you she would end up with Zarpa right? Or were you reffering to Escanor... i'm confused, HELP ME! XD
I meant she should end up with Zarpa:XD Why I say that because we simply have to look at Matrona's name. Matrona comes from Māter, which means mother.And that is exactly what she is to Zarpa's kids. So if we look at it objectively she is a changed person, she's not the cold chieftain warrior from Diane's past, she has become more like a mother figure, quite literally.So what she wants right now is a family, sadly I don't think Escanor can offer her that right now or in the near future. And Zarpa was shown to be worried about her, and more importantly Diane might have noticed something, and believe me girls do sense that kind of stuff.:hee
So as much as Escanor being with Matrona sounds tempting, I think it makes more sense for her to end up with Zarpa and raise his kids.
As for Merlin and Escanor,it's more than likely one sided for the time being however Nakaba could turn it into an actual pairing... however, instead of having another relaitionship blossom i would love to see Nakaba show up one that didn't. So instead of seeing Escalin get stronger, we see it get weaker until Escanor finally stops loving Merlin. This sounds like a much better idea for his character, as in his day form he seems to care about her... but, not to the extent that his night form does. I'd say, his eventual rejection from Merlin and getting over it would be better for his character... because that would insight a little more confidence into him.
What if he has actually tried to ask Merlin, but got rejected and now he sees her as his closest friend?
Because that is what she is to him... Those two were cloesest to each other, but, what interests me the most is whilst Escanor grew feelings for Merlin, did she have feelings for him but avoid/block them out due to her research?

I'd like to see if Merlin's character would prioritize her research over Love, and perhaps that something happened in the past that makes her unable to care or love another person?
Merlinscanor is going to be one of the ships that will be interesting to follow.I simply think that as of now Merlin's interest is purely scientific, but at the same time she showed herself to be nice with night time Escanor.She even asked him to read the poem to her.So with time maybe it will be mutual.If not then I can see Escanor getting rejected, but staying on good terms with Merlin, and he could fall for someone else, maybe a real goddess this time.
Btw, if you haven't guessed... i'm a HUGE fan of the idea of Escanor x Matrona... i don't even know why, i just do XD
I'm not sure what triggered it, but, i think it was the cover page for Diane's backstory... where she is shown holding a knight that looked slightly like a long haired version of Escanor (Which it can't be because the Escanor is a ginger)
If you look at their personalities they are sort of similar as well... day Escanor and backstory Matrona seem to have a similar mindset and now Matrona has a similar mindset/attitude to night Escanor. I really think that Nakaba made her hair style similar to Escanor's wanted poster for a reason, i'm not sure why i think that though.

Maybe... Escanor was the one who gave Matrona those scars? Question is were they to hurt her or help her (searing wounds shut and all) Another thing i'm curious about is whether or not Rhitta might mean more to Escanor than "a maiden loved by the sun"... he seemed to get upset when Galan touched it and quickly snatched it away. He may have some attachment to that name, so i'm guessing it may be his Mother. Anyway, i started theory crafting, so i think i should stop XD
I know where you're coming from, and I think many thought that the knight Diane was carrying was in fact Escanor, but it can't be since now it's revealed he's a redhead(I have a thing for them too :errr). Anyway I think that Matrona changed quite considerably and like I said in the first part of my post what she wants now is a family, so I doubt she'd be willing to sacrifice that to be with Escanor. She changed and no longer is the proud warrior we saw in the past, so there's little similarities left between her and Escanor.

Ps: here are some more pairings:

Viviann x Gilthunder

Derrierie x Monspiet

Galan x Merascylla (It looked like something was going on)

Jericho x Elaine

Escanor x Escanor (He's that egotistical XD)

Zeldris x Gelda (Well... it WAS canon)

Meliodas x Liz

Hawk x Leftovers

PPS: We could talk about these pairings ALL day and fill this thread up XD
We will keep it alive, WOOT WOOT!!!
Viviann x Gilthunder: it's kaput.I'd rather see her with Merlin.In the legends guy Merlin does fall for her and she tricks him and forces him to teach her magic.

Derrierie x Monspiet: err I think those two could be brother and sister.They look very alike.

Galan x Merascylla (It looked like something was going on): she called him old fart, maybe there is something going on...but not love?

Jericho x Elaine: they could be best buddies in the future, but why not?We need more Yuri pairings.

Escanor x Escanor (He's that egotistical XD): :gaw

Zeldris x Gelda (Well... it WAS canon): I prefer it to Meliodas x Elizabeth. I simply like Zeldris, for some reason he looks more badass and he's definitely more serious.Poor Gelda, If only she waited a bit longer she could have been reunited with Zeldris.And now because of her Zel simply can't forgive Mel.

Meliodas x Liz: Liz is overall better written than Elizabeth.She's acts more like a mature woman(although we don't know her age) and less like an insecure teenager.I liked her dynamic with Mel, and she reminds me a bit of prototype Elizabeth.

Hawk x Leftovers: the best ship there is, and the only one who will withstand the passing of time. :verily

Last edited:

SpectrumRay16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I meant she should end up with Zarpa:XD Why I say that because we simply have to look at Matrona's name. Matrona comes from Māter, which means mother.And that is exactly what she is to Zarpa's kids. So if we look at it objectively she is a changed person, she's not the cold chieftain warrior from Diane's past, she has become more like a mother figure, quite literally.So what she wants right now is a family, sadly I don't think Escanor can offer her that right now or in the near future. And Zarpa was shown to be worried about her, and more importantly Diane might have noticed something, and believe me girls do sense that kind of stuff.:hee
So as much as Escanor being with Matrona sounds tempting, I think it makes more sense for her to end up with Zarpa and raise his kids.

Merlinscanor is going to be one of the ships that will be interesting to follow.I simply think that as of now Merlin's interest is purely scientific, but at the same time she showed herself to be nice with night time Escanor.She even asked him to read the poem to her.So with time maybe it will be mutual.If not then I can see Escanor getting rejected, but staying on good terms with Merlin, and he could fall for someone else, maybe a real goddess this time.

I know where you're coming from, and I think many thought that the knight Diane was carrying was in fact Escanor, but it can't be since now it's revealed he's a redhead(I have a thing for them too :errr). Anyway I think that Matrona changed quite considerably and like I said in the first part of my post what she wants now is a family, so I doubt she'd be willing to sacrifice that to be with Escanor. She changed and no longer is the proud warrior we saw in the past, so there's little similarities left between her and Escanor.

Viviann x Gilthunder: it's kaput.I'd rather see her with Merlin.In the legends guy Merlin does fall for her and she tricks him and forces him to teach her magic.

Derrierie x Monspiet: err I think those two could be brother and sister.They look very alike.

Galan x Merascylla (It looked like something was going on): she called him old fart, maybe there is something going on...but not love?

Jericho x Elaine: they could be best buddies in the future, but why not?We need more Yuri pairings.

Escanor x Escanor (He's that egotistical XD): :gaw

Zeldris x Gelda (Well... it WAS canon): I prefer it to Meliodas x Elizabeth. I simply like Zeldris, for some reason he looks more badass and he's definitely more serious.Poor Gelda, If only she waited a bit longer she could have been reunited with Zeldris.And now because of her Zel simply can't forgive Mel.

Meliodas x Liz: Liz is overall better written than Elizabeth.She's acts more like a mature woman(although we don't know her age) and less like an insecure teenager.I liked her dynamic with Mel, and she reminds me a bit of prototype Elizabeth.

Hawk x Leftovers: the best ship there is, and the only one who will withstand the passing of time. :verily
I'm forced to agree with the Matrona x Escanor not having a good chance of happening, as you said Family is what she wants and she currently has that. The thing is... i don't think she and Zarpa are an item, but, her connection to the kids is what keeps her around. After the mother died (Whoever that might be) she seemed to take the role of mother and help raise the kids... there is a chance that romantically she has no affiliation with Zarpa, but, her love for the kids and vice versa is why they call her "mother/mommy" and why she cares deeply about them. This is also a little odd, because Zarpa said that they were his precious family... but, as i said... family can mean many things. I do not believe Zarpa has been capable of forgetting about his previous wife and may not be in a lover position with Matrona.
However, going back to your point... the kids make it so that she stays and that she will not look for other people (I'm actually really sad about this, because she is going to see all those humans die before her because of the lifespan difference).
As for the Diane teasing her... i think that was just Diane teasing her because Matrona didn't seem to impressed by it XD

However, as far as a woman's judgment goes i'm on the other side of the "spectrum" i could not tell you for the life of me about these kinds of things, unless it was a real life situation where i could guestimate :D

I wonder if Hawk x Leftovers will ever break up, that would be so tragic :biblethump

I will continue craving an Escanor pairing that becomes canon and i will associate him with everything that moves XD
I'm sort of inclined to believe that Escanor is sort of "perfect" in the taizai world, during the day and may accidentally get people attracted to him, but, then he has to reject them and tell them exactly who he loves, with this kind of face :bishie

Ps: I'm going to move my Matrona x Escanor to the very corner of my mind. Now, if Zarpa gets blasted at any point during the story line my reaction will be :crying
But, the small piece will be doing this: :x3:shout:rofl

It's funny, but i scrolled through the animatoin faces i think i found something that accurately represents my feelings towards Escanor, Matrona and Merlin...
Merlin is Explorer, Matrona is Firefox and Escanor is the face (although i keep swapping the two woman around)
:ffwub

PPS: I'm still going to write a fanfiction of it (but it won't be a direct lover thing it will be different...) if you check out my other fanficition you will be able to tell that Merlin x Escanor is something i would like to happen, but, i don't mind if it doesn't.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Speaking of Yuri pairings, why has nobody done a Diane x Elizabeth yet?

... *Just got an idea for his fanficition stories*

Last edited: