Hangout New Prince of Tennis General + Q&A

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
I just got thinking. If you really hit someone with a tennis ball repeatedly like Kirihara did in the national until they are dye with blood all over in real life, would you get disqualified for unsportsmanlike conduct?
 

Anera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2015
Messages
1,157
Reaction score
665
Gender
Female
Country
France
I just got thinking. If you really hit someone with a tennis ball repeatedly like Kirihara did in the national until they are dye with blood all over in real life, would you get disqualified for unsportsmanlike conduct?
I didn't check but I think so. I mean, it has never been allowed to hurt someone on purpose to win a match. Players can have great trouble if they insult too much their opponent or the opponent's team, so hurt him is worse. And there is no doubt about a behaviour as obvious as Kirihara's one.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
At the very least, in Doubles, it's a common tactic to hit as hard as you can at the net player if their partner has a weak serve. It's called "head hunting" and perfectly legal to do. If it got to the point of drawing blood, it would probably still be your win as they'd have to forfeit do to medical reasons.

Rules are relatively clear on the matter. If you get hit by the ball, it's your loss of point.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Oh, also something that happens in Doubles. if the net player is standing too close to the net, the server may take aim to get a free point.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
It's a loss in point, sure. But once it gets to the points someone is send to the hospital (which hasn't occur in real life I presume) I think it's fair that it might result in disqualification.

In http://www.nelsontennisclub.com/tennis_code_of_conduct.html, it say

37. Injury caused by a player. When a player accidentally injures an opponent, the opponent suffers the consequences. Consider the situation where the Server’s racket accidentally strikes the Receiver and incapacitates the Receiver. The Receiver is unable to resume play within the time limit. Even though the Server caused the injury, the Server wins the match by retirement. On the other hand, when a player deliberately injures an opponent and affects the opponent’s ability to play, then the opponent wins the match by default.
Hitting a ball or throwing a racket in anger is considered a deliberate act.

In mhsa.org, it also state

Hitting ball or throwing racquet at/near person. 4 points. Disqualification/Ejection.

as well. Even in wikipedia it say

Disqualifications in tennis can occur for unsporting conduct.

ATP rules state that:

Players shall not at any time physically abuse any official, opponent, spectator or other person within the precincts of the tournament site. For purposes of this rule, physical abuse is the unauthorized touching of an official, opponent, and spectator or other person.

If you google the above line, you'll see it's repeat in many other website.
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Jump Festa 2016 has been uploaded on nicovideo:
www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27827274

The VAs of Yagyuu, Kawamura, Atobe and Ryoma performed some character songs (Laser Beam, Dream Maker, 7th Direction, Dreaming on the Radio and I didn't catch the title of Kawamura's), afterwards they showed a preview of the VS Genius 10 fan disk that will be released on December 24. It will feature the Prince of After School stories of Shiraishi visiting Seigaku (including Tezuka dying from juice) and Mifune deciding on a line-up if I understood it right (this might involve dice).

Following that, they read out a message from Konomi - he said it's regrettable he wasn't able to make it there, but that he was rehearsing for his live show on January 16th. Finally, all four VAs sang Love Festival.

Suwabe said:
Tenipuri no bigi ni yoi na!
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Here's some random theory on QP's real power. There's no real support for it, though.

Assuming that QP total stat is 30 (again, just a random number). He say that he doesn't need to use 10% of his power against Atobe and Irie. Perhaps he doesn't mean that he need to use 30/10=3 total stat, but more of the technique boost. So it's more like 30+X/10, where X is the additional boost that he would have gotten through the usage of his technique.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's possible I suppose, but even that boost would have to be pretty huge (at least 10) to really make sense, so I'm not sure. I think there's a fair chance he was really just being snide there like the data crew said afterwards.

Also, sorry for the very brief answer, but I'm mainly posting to share this:
http://live-feelmee.ciao.jp/

On that site you can find the various designs Konomi posted on his twitter for t-shirts, towels etc. and there are other goodies as well that I assume will be sold at his show in January. The interesting part for most of us is at the bottom though. There you can find 200 character badges featuring characters from the original schools, their family members as well as international stars. Konomi revealed six new players here, four from the US and two from Germany.

For America we have Alan Hopkins, Dan Pacino, Clive Miller and Geisel Jackson. The German pros have badges, but they're just listed as "Pro B" and "Pro D" for now. Furthermore, Konomi has clarified the spelling of some names here, so we will use Balentien and Rhinehart for Kiko and Ralph from now on.

Further highlights include Suke Suke Tsuki-san (skeleton aka "invisible" Ochi) and S. Akamèche (red highlight senpai, Hyoutei's former captain).
 

ChinkyCandie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
2,206
Reaction score
238
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Some of those names are difficult to read, especially the orange ones.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Some of those names are difficult to read, especially the orange ones.
Yeah, the images aren't particularly high resolution unfortunately. By orange you mean the Rikkai ones? If so:
Seiichi Yukimura
Genichiroh Sanada
Renji Yanagi
Hiroshi Yagyu
Masaharu Nioh
Bunta Marui
Jackal Kuwahara
Akaya Kirihara
Shiita Urayama
Genemon Sanada
Sasuke Sanada

Basically, Konomi tends to use 'oh' for ô whereas we usually use 'ou' and only uses one 'u' for û while we use 'uu' most of the time. Another notable difference in this respect is that he uses 'sy' and 'cy' instead of 'sh' and 'ch' for Tanegashima, Fuji or Ootori for instance. These aren't entirely consistent though, for example in one of the volumes he wrote "Hoo" if I remember correctly, but here he says "Houou."
 

ChinkyCandie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
2,206
Reaction score
238
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Whose the guy under Suke Suke Tsuki-san? I can see the last two letters are ki.

By the way, I guess I kept getting Byodoin right :P
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Whose the guy under Suke Suke Tsuki-san? I can see the last two letters are ki.
His name is Iriki. Apparently he was part of some random school in PoT, Hibino Daigo. Same with the guy to his left, Koyanagi, whose school was Tatsumotodai Higashi.
 

ChinkyCandie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
2,206
Reaction score
238
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Don't recognise their names.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So the more I think about it, the more I'm split about whether to use Valicevic or Borisovich for Volk. On the one hand, Konomi did use V. as abbreviation in the chapters, but on the other hand, Borisovich was an actual physicist (two in fact) which fits a lot better into the line of Bismarck, Amadeus and Camus than some more or less well-known ice hockey player.

Other name references:
Also, I won't be surprised if Pro B is called Bund and Pro D is called Deutsch.
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
:pout
They took the shin away.
I liked the shin.
SPoT is better than NPoT :emocat
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
As you can see, due to various factors we've been forced to close the Shin Prince of Tennis section. On the bright side, I was able to negotiate a New Prince of Tennis section in its place. I.e. this forum is now under I-R in the index and not under S-Z anymore.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Was it New Prince of Tennis or Shin TeniPuri? Or was it call Shin Prince of Tennis? I'm not sure on the naming, but I thought a mix of JP/ENG name is kind of confusing at times.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Was it New Prince of Tennis or Shin TeniPuri? Or was it call Shin Prince of Tennis? I'm not sure on the naming, but I thought a mix of JP/ENG name is kind of confusing at times.
It used to be Shin Prince of Tennis. And yes, that's why we changed it.
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Prince of Tennis Valentine's Chocolate Vote Returns
After years of drowning in boxes of chocolates, the editors at Jump Square magazine called off its annual Prince of Tennis character popularity contest. Readers used to send in chocolates to their favorite character and the results were tallied, but the event began spiraling out of control until Jump Square's basement was overtaken by sweets.

The format was changed to simple ballot for 2015. Fans were less than enthused, and clamored for the return of the chocolate ballot. Manga creator Takeshi Konomi announced on Tuesday that the chocolate ballot will return and fans can again flood Jump Square with confections.
ANN
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So I only just realized that Camus, the French rep, is revolutionizing the tennis world because French Revolution. Not sure how that took so long, but better late than never I suppose. >_>
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys, but I added tags to most of the threads in the section the other day. You can find them below the thread title when viewing a thread. This is mostly character names, special moves and teams. You can either click on a tag or use this search form. Note that all names are written in Western order. Also, all long 'o's are 'ou' and all long 'u's are 'uu', so the spelling of some names might differ a little from what you're used to.

Finally, when a thread was about a huge amount of characters, I didn't tag them all individually, and I also generally only took the opening posts into account, so if discussion started including more characters later on, those aren't tagged either. In other words, it's not perfect, but hopefully still useful.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

So what Konomi tweeted a while back was indeed the new volume cover, which means Atobe is at 2 as well now.
 

Anera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2015
Messages
1,157
Reaction score
665
Gender
Female
Country
France
The cover is great, too bad it's not another player though. (one of the German players for instance)
 
Top