Discussion - Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

• Team Spriggan 12

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Give your rankings and explanations if any or your thoughts of who is greater than who. Since Fairy Tail disbanded and a year time skip we don't know how strong fairy tail mages have become; if some have closed the gap or even surpassed others. We are all confused and every week argue about who is stronger and can beat the spriggan.

First off there is limited battle information on the spriggan and wizard saints. Plus two spriggan are still unknown. What we do know is Acnologia is miles and leagues ahead of everyone. Zeref is second strongest.

To me the wizard saints are overrated. Jura was #5 and became #4 when Serena left. After the seven year time skip and powering up he lost to Laxus at the gmg. Obviously when Laxus was kicked out of Fairy Tail he wasn't just playing around, and even gave Natsu his power to beat Hades. That's the same Laxus that whooped Jura. Being younger, seven years behind also, Laxus was stronger than Jura. Since the gmg, especially after the one year time skip, all Fairy Tail mages have gotten substantially stronger.

Makarov has monstrous strength, but in the Alvarez arc has been surpassed and even somewhat irrelevant. Believing Ajeel would kill them all, not thinking about how much training his guild put in, Makarov was gonna sacrifice himself to save them. Laxus blew up Ajeel's attack. Some are saying Ajeel would have died if August didn't shield him. But Ajeel told August he wouldn't have died from an attack like that. The attack did startle and surprise Ajeel though. So that proves nothing between Ajeel and Laxus.

Serena and the ws have never fought and instead fought each other which proves nothing either. August wanted to enjoy himself and watch Serena put on a show, telling Kacob there's no need to help. August just wanted to watch. No matter how we try and read into it, we gain no facts. Ajeel made a sand wave taller and wider than mountains. Laxus blows it up with a ball of lightning big enough to reach the clouds. Natsu destroys Ikusa Tsunagi with a huge fire dragon king attack. I'm unsure if he used Igneel's power for that. He did say he could only use it one so it might not have been Igneel's power. But it could also mean with the power Igneel left, it will take all of it to fight Zeref, which is one time. By what anyone has demonstrated so far Ajeel and Laxus have the most destructive power.

Erza is so underrated. She fights Azuma, a tree guy, at a place surrounded by trees. Azuma uses the energy of the island to badly hurt Erza. When Erza used that energy against Azuma he couldn't withstand it. Against Kyoka, Erza was never losing and even had to fight Minerva in between her fight with Kyoka. Only to deal with a cheating magic which took all her senses away, and intensified her nerves to hurt more. What the heck is any mage supposed to do when all their senses are taken away? Why does she fight those with strange magic?

Top strongest
1 Acnologia
2 Zeref
3 Spriggan 12
4-7 Gildarts, Laxus, Erza, Jellal
8-10 Mira, Kagura, Bacchus
11-13 Natsu, Gajeel, Gray
14-15 Sting, Rogue

I'd rank the spriggan individually but there's no way I can or want to. I'd like to say Brandish is the weakest, but if she shrinks everyone including their attacks anything can happen. I'm not sure and don't remember if she can enlarge too. I'd also like to say I doubt the spriggan are near Zeref's power that if all 12 fought him at once, all 12 would lose. Otherwise Zeref would be dead which is what he wants.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dranzer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So after the latest chapter of the manga I've been debating with myself and wondering what you guys think God Serena's power level is like. My thoughts at the moment/important feats:
  • By himself, he defeated the three God of Ishgar and the 5th Wizard Saint. Some classify this as not a big feat, but to me, Mashima has been hyping them up throughout the series to be monsters, so I don't think they're completely useless.
  • Zeref accepted him a one of the Spriggan 12. The Spriggans are meant to be the strongest force Fairy Tail has ever faced, which so far to me, is proving to be true. Evidently they do possess power that surpasses monsters like Hades and Mard Geer.
  • He was one-shotted by Acnologia. This is a bit iffy for me because God Serena himself didn't look completely ready (not saying if he was ready he would defeat Acnologia) but we also don't really know whether or not Acnologia's human form is stronger than his dragon form ect.
So in my opinion I would honestly at current Laxus' level, both seem to be absolute monsters, God Serena obviously could be above or below that level, but in my mind, that's about where I put him.

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
no way God Serena is as strong as Laxus, he is far above Laxus!
The 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th WS were probably each as strong as most of the springgan just that God Serena is stronger, Serena is probably just below August I terms of spriggan rankings, Laxus is not so strong that he can solo the WS, just because God Serena was 1HKO by Acnologia doesn't take away from the fact that out off all the manga behind Acnologia, Egneel and FDK Natsu he has the most impressive battle feats, far above those of Ajeel who almost got killed before even the war and who was struggling against Erza

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
no way God Serena is as strong as Laxus, he is far above Laxus!
The 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th WS were probably each as strong as most of the springgan just that God Serena is stronger, Serena is probably just below August I terms of spriggan rankings, Laxus is not so strong that he can solo the WS, just because God Serena was 1HKO by Acnologia doesn't take away from the fact that out off all the manga behind Acnologia, Egneel and FDK Natsu he has the most impressive battle feats, far above those of Ajeel who almost got killed before even the war and who was struggling against Erza
Well I said that he could possibly be around Laxus' level because we saw Laxus ourself make Ajeel shit his pants. That in itself is an astounding feat and so far we can't actually be sure if taking on the Wizard Saints is actually an awesome feat. Especially since Warrod himself said that he wasn't a person very capable in combat. Also, if the Wizard Saints were each as powerful as a Spriggan don't you think they would have posed more of a threat to God Serena's group? With your logic, it would have been an above average Spriggan (God Serena) vs 4 Spriggans (the Wizard Saints). If that were true then obviously the Wizard Saints would have won that battle. But in the end they were trampled on by God Serena.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
He was one-shotted by Acnologia. This is a bit iffy for me because God Serena himself didn't look completely ready (not saying if he was ready he would defeat Acnologia) but we also don't really know whether or not Acnologia's human form is stronger than his dragon form ect.
That was Acno who is crazy strong. So, don't hesitate.

So in my opinion I would honestly at current Laxus' level, both seem to be absolute monsters, God Serena obviously could be above or below that level, but in my mind, that's about where I put him.
I would put Serena above Laxus. I believe Laxus will be overwhelmed 1v1 Serena.

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Well I said that he could possibly be around Laxus' level because we saw Laxus ourself make Ajeel shit his pants. That in itself is an astounding feat and so far we can't actually be sure if taking on the Wizard Saints is actually an awesome feat. Especially since Warrod himself said that he wasn't a person very capable in combat. Also, if the Wizard Saints were each as powerful as a Spriggan don't you think they would have posed more of a threat to God Serena's group? With your logic, it would have been an above average Spriggan (God Serena) vs 4 Spriggans (the Wizard Saints). If that were true then obviously the Wizard Saints would have won that battle. But in the end they were trampled on by God Serena.
After what God Serena did it is pretty clear he is out of Laxus's league.
Not all springgan are equal. Look at it like this Erza who is probably weaker than Jura gave Ajeel a hard time and on the other hand God Serena who is also a sprringan toyed with Jura. Laxus has become extremely powerful but not to the point where can toy around with WS, im sorry but that is just impossible not even Natsu can toy around with WS like that, your statement just doesn't have any logic behind it

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
God Serena is very strong in my opinion. I'd rank him above Hades and Mard Geer. But he isn't as strong as Zeref. God Serena is probably stronger than any mage from Fairy Tail. I mean, he could take the Four Gods of Ishgar down. Laxus could defeat Jura, but he simply can't take more mages like him down. God Serena's power is above Laxus his power.

I'd say, God Serena = Wahl Icht.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
God Serena has pretty good feats so far. He's a dragon slayer of 8 elements so it's quite OP versatility wise. His power level to me is around Ajeel level. I can definitely buy God Serena being the all round better combatant purely on his magic type and his performance. So God Serena to me is above or equal to Ajeel, I have them as comparable in power.

In terms of dragon slayer magic use I have Natsu ahead of God Serena (not talking about Igneel powered Natsu). I have the FD roar of Natsu on par or greater than any of God Serena's attacks. The FDK spells would be above all God Serena's spells.

As for Laxus more needs to be shown. For now I think Laxus is a Spriggan level person, just like God Serena. Laxus waved a nuke that was going to deliver pain for Ajeel (August implied death). And that was not Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic. So I am fine with Laxus being considered God Serena level. Putting Laxus above would be something that requires feats.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also I think the poll needs to be changed. He can't be Acno level the last chapter just proved it. The gap between strong and v.strong is far too big. Something like this would be better imo...

Very Strong (August/Zeref)
Strong (Ajeel)
Average (Hades/Mard)

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
As much as I despise God Serena's hair and personality....he's pretty solid power-wise. The Spriggan 12's hype pretty much comes from him. The only Spriggan we can say is definitely stronger than him right now is August.

DemonKing888

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want a 4th option he's above Hades/Mard Geer but below Zeref/Acnologia. Same goes for the rest of the Spriggan 12.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
God Serena has pretty good feats so far. He's a dragon slayer of 8 elements so it's quite OP versatility wise. His power level to me is around Ajeel level. I can definitely buy God Serena being the all round better combatant purely on his magic type and his performance. So God Serena to me is above or equal to Ajeel, I have them as comparable in power.

In terms of dragon slayer magic use I have Natsu ahead of God Serena (not talking about Igneel powered Natsu). I have the FD roar of Natsu on par or greater than any of God Serena's attacks. The FDK spells would be above all God Serena's spells.

As for Laxus more needs to be shown. For now I think Laxus is a Spriggan level person, just like God Serena. Laxus waved a nuke that was going to deliver pain for Ajeel (August implied death). And that was not Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic. So I am fine with Laxus being considered God Serena level. Putting Laxus above would be something that requires feats.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also I think the poll needs to be changed. He can't be Acno level the last chapter just proved it. The gap between strong and v.strong is far too big. Something like this would be better imo...

Very Strong (August/Zeref)
Strong (Ajeel)
Average (Hades/Mard)
I want a 4th option he's above Hades/Mard Geer but below Zeref/Acnologia. Same goes for the rest of the Spriggan 12.
I added another option that I rank as below Acnologia/Zeref level but stronger than Hades/Mard Geer level.

Veltis69

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Absolutely don't understand why many people considered him super strong.
All that he can do with the elements is trivial spam attacks. And all of them on same level.(and this level not impressive, even preskip Jellal's Sema was more not to speak of Hades 100 Amaterasu)
And this was stated as his true power according to August. Mage with one element has a lot more interesting skills, just like Ajeel.(and his final sandstorm was more massive)
Serena is absolutely nothing as melee fighter. His reaction and speed is zero. Looking at the fact that he can't dodge even Jura's attack (that preskip Jellal and Laxas can) no wonder that Acno take him down so easily.
He has a lot of elements and a high level of magical power. But that's all.
I don't see chance for him to be top-spriggan. Two of them we haven't even seen and only Ajeel and Serena already had a fight.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Jura gave Laxus an extremely difficult fight.
How many people can fodderize Jura, let alone fodderize 4x Jura?
Out of all the Spriggans we've seen so far except August, Serena is the most impressive. He's actually beaten opponents. Invel, Brandish, Ajeel, Dimaria,and Wahl simply don't have that under their belts. Serena might not be a top tier Spriggan like August, but he's a respectable one. He certainly performed better than than Ajeel and Brandish.

Acnologia can pretty much take anyone down easily.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Since all Spriggan are said to be at least as strong as God Serena, I really doubt that Laxus is that strong.
Laxus is certainly Wizard Saint material, but nowhere near the like of power God Serena shown. Also no matter how inaccurate the power levels between Wizard Saints may be, it was always stated that the 4 Gods of Ishgar were the strongest wizards in Ishgar, and given the amount of damage the other 3 Gods of Ishgar had taken from God Serena and still survived, I really doubt that anyone in Fairy Tail could endure that and survive.

In the end, all of this is pointless because Fairy Tail always win, no one ever really loses because Nakama power allows any kind of plot hole possible. I wouldn't even be surprised if Wendy and Cherry find some plot hole to beat Dimaria, just like Erza found a plot hole to beat Ajeel. Unfortunately it is the recurrent theme in this kind of fight, Fairy Tail always finds a way to miraculously win against opponents way out of their league because they have their comrades to defend and while there are comrades, they could have insane power boosts to allow them to never lose.
Wasn't laxus causal nuke more impressive than any attack god Serena showed even when he got serious and used different dragon modes? The GoI also did manage to take down Serena eventually then he went into multiple dragon modes and defeated them. Something like that probably gives him a decent boost in comparison to some other spriggans

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
No it's not. Your entire basis is the 4 Gods of Ishgar being stronger than Laxus. Nothing even remotely suggests that. And don't bring me the he's not a WS therefore he's not as powerful argument. The fact is Laxus generated an attack against Ajeel that made August feel the need to intervene and protect him. Laxus was causally erasing all of Ajeel's attacks with ease.

So yes, he certainly can defeat a Spriggan and very likely will.

Laxus wasn't dealing with the illness when he confronted Ajeel. As he said last chapter, it comes and goes. When he confronted Ajeel it wasn't effecting him. Against Wahl it is. Not to mention Ajeel isn't invulnerable to lightning. Wahl is. Just because they're both spriggans doesn't mean they present an equal challenge to Laxus. And August is significantly above the other spriggan, so it makes perfect sense on why he was able to counter an attack that could potentially take out Ajeel.
The Four Gods of Ishgar are the strongest wizards from Ishgar. I'm sorry, but I can't see a way that Laxus can defeat them. You overpower him way to much. It's true that Laxus generated an attack at Ajeel, but did it hit him? No. You can't say that Laxus is stronger than a Spriggan based on that attack. There is no proof that it could've defeated Ajeel. Btw, August blocked it with ease.

No one ever said that Laxus his illness was effecting him in his fight with Wahl? I'm sorry but you're saying things that aren't even a fact.

Xzilerate

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Four Gods of Ishgar are the strongest wizards from Ishgar. I'm sorry, but I can't see a way that Laxus can defeat them. You overpower him way to much. It's true that Laxus generated an attack at Ajeel, but did it hit him? No. You can't say that Laxus is stronger than a Spriggan based on that attack. There is no proof that it could've defeated Ajeel. Btw, August blocked it with ease.

No one ever said that Laxus his illness was effecting him in his fight with Wahl? I'm sorry but you're saying things that aren't even a fact.
You mean just like how the 10 Wizard Saints were said to be the strongest mages on the continent of Ishgar? I guess Laxus was weaker than Jura back during the GMG despite beating him. I guess Gildarts was weaker than Jellal and Jura back when both were Wizard Saints. Reality check, they're not the strongest and nothing suggests the GOI are either aside from meaningless and unjustified hype. They don't have a single impressive feat. And I'm overpowering Laxus? That's priceless coming from you. At least Laxus has impressive feats. The GOI have no relevant feats and were just treated as complete fodder by a single Spriggan yet they're the strongest in Ishgar? Please...

It didn't hit Ajeel because August counteracted it. The fact is it was implied that Ajeel would've suffered significant damage had it hit hence August intervening in the first place. And this isn't even his only feat. He was effortlessly countering every move Ajeel threw at him. He easily took down Ajeel's entire sand tsunami with a single bolt of lightning.

Uh the spoilers flat out say Laxus' illness is taking effect during his fight with Wahl. Everything I've said is factual.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
You mean just like how the 10 Wizard Saints were said to be the strongest mages on the continent of Ishgar? I guess Laxus was weaker than Jura back during the GMG despite beating him. I guess Gildarts was weaker than Jellal and Jura back when both were Wizard Saints. Reality check, they're not the strongest and nothing suggests the GOI are either aside from meaningless and unjustified hype. They don't have a single impressive feat. And I'm overpowering Laxus? That's priceless coming from you. At least Laxus has impressive feats. The GOI have no relevant feats and were just treated as complete fodder by a single Spriggan yet they're the strongest in Ishgar? Please...

It didn't hit Ajeel because August counteracted it. The fact is it was implied that Ajeel would've suffered significant damage had it hit hence August intervening in the first place. And this isn't even his only feat. He was effortlessly countering every move Ajeel threw at him. He easily took down Ajeel's entire sand tsunami with a single bolt of lightning.

Uh the spoilers flat out say Laxus' illness is taking effect during his fight with Wahl. Everything I've said is factual.
I was talking about the Four Gods of Ishgar, not the Ten Wizard Saints. During the Grand Magic Games, Jura wasn't a God of Ishgar. Also, there isn't any proof that Gildarts is stronger than Jura or Jellal. Anyway, I was talking about the Gods of Ishgar, not the Wizard Saints.

The Gods of Ishgar were indeed overpowered by God Serena. But that doesn't say that Laxus would've defeated God Serena. Laxus would've been overpowered by God Serena as well. You're saying that they don't have any inpressive feats, but we've barely seen something from the Gods of Ishgar. We've seen Laxus his full power, but we haven't seen someone as Hyberion going all out. If Laxus defeats Hyberion in battle, only then we can say he is indeed stronger.

August blocked Laxus attack, that's true. But that only shows how strong Spriggans are.

I haven't read anything about that Laxus his illness will effect him in the battle against Wahl.

Last edited:

Xzilerate

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was talking about the Four Gods of Ishgar, not the Ten Wizard Saints. During the Grand Magic Games, Jura wasn't a God of Ishgar. Also, there isn't any proof that Gildarts is stronger than Jura or Jellal. Anyway, I was talking about the Gods of Ishgar, not the Wizard Saints.
It doesn't matter whether you were talking about the GOI or the 10 Wizard Saints. The same logic applies. The 10 Wizard Saints were said to be the strongest mages on the continent just like the GOI were. Are they? No. Jura and Jellal weren't in anyway comparable to Gildarts back during the ToH arc and the OS arc. Unless you really think a thought projection (Siegrain) was stronger than Gildarts and Laxus back then, in which case I can't even be bothered to take you seriously. Laxus ( a wizard who wasn't a WS) was stronger than Jura (a WS) during the GMG as he ended up defeating him. Numerous examples of the Wizard Saints NOT being the strongest mages on the continent. It's no different with the GOI.

The Gods of Ishgar were indeed overpowered by God Serena. But that doesn't say that Laxus would've defeated God Serena? Laxus would've been overpowered by God Serena as well. You're saying that they don't have any inpressive feats, but we've barely seen something from the Gods of Ishgar. We've seen Laxus his full power, but we haven't seen someone as Hyberion going all out. If Laxus defeats Hyberion in battle, only then we can say he is indeed stronger.
And where's the proof that Laxus' would've been overpowered by Serena? You sure do like to say a lot without any proof to backup your claims. And we haven't come anywhere close to seeing Laxus' full power. All he's done thus far is wave his hand and generate an enormous attack. I don't care if we've barely seen them. We've barely seen Laxus since the time skip and he's managed to demonstrate feats far far more impressive than any GOI. And if your logic is that the only way to determine who's stronger between Laxus and Hyberion is a fight between them then you can't sit here and say the GOI are stronger than Laxus as he's never engaged any of them in battle. That logic works both ways.

August blocked Laxus attack, that's true. But that only shows how strong Spriggans are.
No it doesn't because August is significantly above the other Spriggan. No other Spriggan measures up to him in power.

I haven't read anything about that Laxus his illness will effects him in the battle against Wahl.
Then go read the spoiler thread. The fact that you were in the spoiler discussion thread makes me think you've already them, so how you can continue saying this I've no idea.

Last edited:

Yunkers

Reaction score
Country
Poland
In my opinion it's going like that:
1. Acnologia - without any doubts
2. Zeref
2,5. August - it's said that August may be even stronger than Zeref, but we don't know his true power, so that's why I gave him there, but he may stronger than Zeref or not.
3. Rest of Spriggans, Laxus, Gildarts, Jellal - even Ajeel couldn't died, Laxus simply overpower him, we saw it. And if Laxus can do it, Gildarts and Jellal also can.
4. Natsu, Erza, Gray, Mirajane, Juvia, maybe Minerva - they defeated Demon Gates alone, without any help from outside, so they should be in a nearly the same level. Minerva was a demon-level in Tartaros, so she may be in this group.
5. Wendy, Gajeel, maybe Kagura and Baccus - Wendy and Gajeel defeated Gate alone, but they needed help from outside. Kagura and Baccus were strong durning GMG, but now we don't know their powers.
6. Sting and Rogue - they are strong in duet, but they not really that strong separately.

I really don't know how strong Lucy is. She struggled in Tartaros a lot, but she won at the end and she was in the most difficult situation of all people, so I think, she's 4,5.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well I don't think we've seen Zeref go all out yet, and I'd like to see more of Acnologia as well, so I'll exclude them from my list, but consider them higher than anything in the following. For my thoughts on this, I'll do separate lists for the Spriggans and the protagonists based on hype and what we've seen so far. To keep my comment condensed I'll use spoiler tags to divide it into sections.

Top 10 Spriggan 12 thus far:
Top tier:
1. August
High Tier:
2. Invel
3. God Serena
Mid Tier:
4. Wahl
5. Brandish
6. Bradman
7. Jacob
8. Dimaria
Low Tier:
9. Ajeel
10. Nienhart

Now this is mainly speculation on my part as we haven't seen a lot of the Spriggan, but for me, August is easily a cut above the rest from what we've heard. Makarov credited him with having a huge knowledge of various magics, a knowledge of magic thats greater than Zeref who has been around 400+ years, so thats really impressive. Next I have a high tier, and I've put Invel up there purely because Zeref keeps him by his side, which could mean he's someone he relies on to clean up some things if he can't be bothered. God Serena is up there for the fairly obvious reasons of being credited as one of the strongest mages from Ishgar + Dragon Slayer magic which is fairly self explanatory in itself. Mid tier, we have Wahl whose cannon nearly obliterated the guild from 400km (~250 miles) away, Brandish who has magic which allows her to change the size of matter, Bradman who was basically destroying the northern front, Jacob who has mastery of assassination magic and Dimaria who is a seasoned war veteran who's power made Kagura freeze up. Ajeel and Nienhart are lower-tier spriggan imo, Ajeel because even though he's pretty strong he has some things which can easily bring about his undoing and Nienhart is a mystery, but I wouldn't rate him too highly without seeing what he can do.

Top 10 Protagonists as it currently stands:
Top Tier:
1. Natsu
2. Jellal
3. Laxus
High-Mid Tier:
4. Erza
5. Gajeel
6. Kagura and Minerva
7. Gray
Low tier:
8. Sting and Rogue
9. Wendy
10. Juvia

So before I start I'd like to note I think Gildarts is a bit irrelevant to place on this list as he's currently mia and he hasn't been shown to be any better than what he was on Tenrou which was >= Bluenote, who Natsu one-shotted easily, so he's not on the list, but he'd probably place before Gajeel at worst.
Okay, so Natsu gets the #1 spot. You're welcome to disagree with me, but no other character on the protagonist side has shown anything that can really match the power of Natsu's Dragon Force. We've seen he can activate it at will, as per the Natsu & Gray vs Mard Geer fight, and he went from doing nothing to sending the demon flying when he activated it, and Mard was one of the strongest enemies we'd seen at that point. Jellal gets #2, but he's really on the same level as #3, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he was slightly ahead of Laxus at the GMG and we haven't seen if he's gotten any stronger since he solo'd Oracion Seis. Laxus is pretty damn powerful and one of the best mages FT has, so I'm giving him #3. Erza is at #4 again because one of the best fairy tail mages + she's erza, Gajeel gets the benefit of the doubt and is placed higher than Kagura + Minerva because of his Iron-Shadow Dragon mode +the potential of him having Dragon Force, which would put him above Erza imo, but as we haven't seen him have DF he gets #5. Kagura and Minerva were slightly below Erza at the GMG, and I haven't seen any reason why that would change, so they get to share #6. I'm giving Gray #7 purely because of his Devil Slayer magic and the buffs its given him. Sting and Rogue will get to share #8 as they're always together as a team, and even separately with Dragon Force they can pack one hell of a punch. Wendy gets #9 for the same reason as the other Gen 1/3 Dragon Slayers have placed, and thats because of the sheer damage they can deal with Dragon Force + their other capabilities. I'll give Juvia #10 as we haven't seen anything much from any other notable characters in recent times for me to put them above her. Honourable mentions for the list go to Cobra, Midnight and Jura. (Jura is out of this list as he's more of a sub character and I have other reasons I won't bore you with).