Predictions - The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama Part 5 - Totto Land Arc / Whole Cake Island Arc | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama Part 5 - Totto Land Arc / Whole Cake Island Arc

Who's the Next Mugiwara Nakama, and what will be the role in Straw Hat Pirates?

• Carrot

• Caesar Clown

• Charlotte Purin

• Jinbe

• Marco

• Pedro

• Pekoms

• Wasatsumi

• Others - please specify

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Zou Arc has come to an end. It's time for us to tabulate the results. You can also view the previous thread here.

The Zou Arc poll result:

Carrot, Rabbit Mink -------------------------- 9 votes

Caesar Clown, Scientist ---------------------- 8 votes
None ------------------------------------------ 8 votes

Pekoms, Lion Mink --------------------------- 5 votes

Kouzuki Momonosuke ------------------------ 4 votes
Others ----------------------------------------- 4 votes

Kinemon, Samurai ---------------------------- 2 votes
Raizou, Ninja ---------------------------------- 2 votes

Nekomamushi, Cat Mink --------------------- 1 vote
Pedro, Jaguar Mink --------------------------- 1 vote

Blackback, Gorilla Mink (male) -------------- 0 vote
Duke Inuarashi, Dog Mink ------------------- 0 vote
Kanjuro, Samurai ----------------------------- 0 vote

Sicilian, Lion Mink ---------------------------- 0 vote
Wanda, Dog Mink ----------------------------- 0 vote

The highest vote goes to Carrot, the Rabbit Mink. Congratulations! :kissbunny

Now, as we enter the Whole Cake Island Arc, it's time for your nomination again. Who do you think would be the next new Straw Hat nakama?

Prediction of New Nakama
Carrot
Caesar Clown
Charlotte Purin
Jinbe
Marco
Pedro
Pekoms
Wasatsumi

Last edited:

EddyBob15

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm still rooting for Pekoms. Also, I'm nominating Pudding for a potential new member as well. From what we saw of her during the Fishman Island arc, she's not like the rest of Big Mom's subordinates.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
No one, and I hope it stays that way.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
If Oda decides to have One Piece manga goes on for another 20 years, we should have more than one new nakama to join. At this stage, it gives an impression that Purin will be joining "by default" if she marries Sanji. Of course it will only be so if Sanji is able to have Big Mom's "blessing" for her daughter to leave her Crew in order to join the Straw Hat Pirates. When I say Big Mom's crew, I would assume that her daughter is her crew member. In other words, Purin will have to quit the Big Mom Pirates before joining the Straw Hat Pirates. I'm puzzling how these two parties are going to reconcile to such arrangement.

At the end of the day, it is a possibility that Sanji and Purin may not get married.

On the other hand, when I look at Purin's first appearance, she appeared to show a "disgusted" expression when Big Mom was eating her crew member. Though she did not say anything, all she did was close her eyes in silence, and a sulky face. Sometimes the non-verbal cues speak a thousand words. Does she disapprove her mother? Generation gap? Some of us have faced or are facing such situation when children and parents just cannot agree with each other. Are they having some family problems in Big Mom's family? Is there any chance that Purin is the willing party, so that she can leave home (her mother) to do whatever she wants, and getting married is a big chance for her escape? Is she making use of this opportunity?

Either way, she probably won't be marrying Sanji, or join Straw Hat Pirates. I'm also not ruling out the possibility that she may get to like the Straw Hat crew when she gets the chance to know them. If this is so, there will be a chance of her joining and/or marrying Sanji (assuming she falls in love with him).

Before I continue with a thousand and one possibilities of Purin joining or not joining, let's recall what the Straw Hat crew themselves speculated. I have actually mentioned this before, but I thought I would state it here again in this new thread for nakama. The Crew and Luffy are not rejecting the idea of Sanji's bride-to-be as their new nakama. Luffy even said it positively of his acceptance. If this is so, then the chances of Purin being the next nakama would be highly possible.

So, is Purin joining or not? :confused:

RezzieThaRapper

Reaction score
Country
United States
Carrot, Caeser Clown, Jinbe, Wadatsumi, and Pudding are my predictions for additional crewmen

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
This might be one of the craziest nakama theories, but since Marco is now in hiding (i.e no longer leading the remaining Whitebeard Pirates), maybe there's the possibility that he might join the Straw Hats?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
If Marco still has some crew left, then I see him becoming the Straw Hat's allies.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
After the last chapter it does seem like there is some room for pekoms to join. As it stands it seems like big mom knows the full truth of what went on at zou. Pekoms seems to be effectively seen as a traitor to the crew. With that in mind it does not seem like there will be much room for him to return to the big mom pirates. Of course, that alone does not mean he will join the strawhats, he could as well stay with the mink.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I don't think any of these would join, although CC due to his fruit would prove to be a fine addition but his action are way too evil anyway
Carrot meh, Pekoms meh too

Momonosuke's dream is to be Shogun, don't see him leaving Wano after it gets pacified

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
After the last chapter it does seem like there is some room for pekoms to join. As it stands it seems like big mom knows the full truth of what went on at zou. Pekoms seems to be effectively seen as a traitor to the crew. With that in mind it does not seem like there will be much room for him to return to the big mom pirates. Of course, that alone does not mean he will join the strawhats, he could as well stay with the mink.
I don't think any of these would join, although CC due to his fruit would prove to be a fine addition but his action are way too evil anyway
Carrot meh, Pekoms meh too
We still don't know about Pekoms' past, and I think it's been hinted at too much to stay hidden for long. We may eventually learn some things that might make people see him as SH material.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
At the most, I can see Carrot becoming a Cabin crew member like Inurashi and Nekomumashi were for Roger, but that's about it.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
At the most, I can see Carrot becoming a Cabin crew member like Inurashi and Nekomumashi were for Roger, but that's about it.
This is a good point. Roger had oden in his crew and the strawhats occasionally mirror the roger pirates. It would make sense if someone related to oden or wano ends up joining the strawhats to learn what oden learned. I wouldn't go for mononosuke as he is too young to be useful in any degree to the strawhats along with there being a good chance for him to actually end up the ruler of wano but there are plenty of attendants he can send. I would still go for kinemon fulfilling this role but it is possible it is someone that has yet to be introduced as well. I wouldn't go for carrot though.

Akia999

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Carrot is named after a rabbit's "favourite" food. She's also currently wearing a shirt with "rabbit" on it. You can tell how much effort Oda put in her design. She's cute & likeable but not main character type. She's more of a tertiary character who will be an ally.

Same with the other minks. They will be allies in the upcoming emperor war.

As for Purin, when you removed the 3rd eye, her design is honestly very standard...She's pretty but that is all. I guess she will be an ally? We will see how it goes...

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Why would Pekoms want to join the crew?

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Marco still has some crew left, then I see him becoming the Straw Hat's allies.
It's possible the remnants of the Whitbeard Pirates might join the Straw Hat Grand Fleet. I have a definite feeling the Sun Pirates and the Kuja Pirates will be becoming a part of the fleet.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Either way, I don't see them joining the crew on their ship. They'll likely go their different ways.

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Carrot
Pudding
Caesar
Jimbei
will join after this arc

Ipoopshootingstars

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I hav a sneaking suspicion that Jinbe will join after this arc is done and dusted. The only holding him back is his ties to Big Mom.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
If Oda doesn't want to have Luffy's position as the strongest be in doubt, then I don't see Jiinbei joining the crew until it's proven or shown that Luffy is superior to Jinbei, even just a bit.Though, it's debatable if he is superior to Zoro, especially when Zoro survived Luffy's pain and fatigue and unlike him, wasn't knocked unconscious until Sanji found him.

Ipoopshootingstars

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Oda doesn't want to have Luffy's position as the strongest be in doubt, then I don't see Jiinbei joining the crew until it's proven or shown that Luffy is superior to Jinbei, even just a bit.Though, it's debatable if he is superior to Zoro, especially when Zoro survived Luffy's pain and fatigue and unlike him, wasn't knocked unconscious until Sanji found him.
I think Luffy position on what the pirate king means, being the freest person on the seas, is kind of Oda's way of Saying that Luffy may not be the strongest person when the whole series comes to an end. Plus Jinbei has already agreed that he would join the crew when he had resolved whatever it was he needed to resolve. I am almost certain that is the Sun pirates alliance with the BigMom pirates. This may just be wishful thinking but all the signs during the climax of the FI arc led me the come to the conclusion the Jinbei will join after Big Mom has been dealt with.