- Joined
- May 31, 2011
- Messages
- 1,036
- Reaction score
- 1,307
- Age
- 39
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I think he was talking about the japnese oneHere you go
![]()
I think he was talking about the japnese oneHere you go
![]()
That's literally what it translates to from the Japanese one posted a couple pages before.I think he was talking about the japnese one
I think the Tokyo Ghoul boost was bigger, on par with AssClass. It was selling 200K before the anime, now its selling close to 1 million.To be honest, Ansatsu was huge before the anime, but the biggest boost in recent years was probably Taizai. I honestly feel that with these 13 episodes, Shueisha may have just wanted to put its foot in the door for the nichigo slot. That timeslot is a mess right now with two series airing in 1 cour.
Horikoshi was told by his editor around volume 3 but Bones' president said it was around volume 1's release, meaning that its possible that they start anime pre-production around that time and depending on its sales, they may give it the go.
For sure Tokyo Ghoul had a huge boost, but if you only look at the nichigo timeslot series, Taizai is the biggest in recent years. Hero Academia has had such a lackluster performance so far that 2ch has almost pegged it as Toriko's successor, in regards to sales.I think the Tokyo Ghoul boost was bigger, on par with AssClass. It was selling 200K before the anime, now its selling close to 1 million.
Taizai overall sales was higher because it had more volumes out.
But the point is that MHA isn't doing what majority of the people thought it would do. We'll have to wait until the 9th volume gets published.
Oh, I see, you meant in the Nichigo slot.For sure Tokyo Ghoul had a huge boost, but if you only look at the nichigo timeslot series, Taizai is the biggest in recent years. Hero Academia has had such a lackluster performance so far that 2ch has almost pegged it as Toriko's successor, in regards to sales.
Looking at it another way, there really isn't room for anything but improvement given the source material.Oh, I see, you meant in the Nichigo slot.
Yeah, you're right.
I'm curious to see how Black Clover will be handled. There are so many things that could go wrong with that one...
Execution is pretty much everything for Black Clover. Black Clover is the type of series that can become big if the interactions between characters are highlighted more than the events themselves as that end is almost laughably cliche. It will also most probably go to some evening or morning slot like sousei or World TriggerOh, I see, you meant in the Nichigo slot.
Yeah, you're right.
I'm curious to see how Black Clover will be handled. There are so many things that could go wrong with that one...
MHA is underperforming even when compared to Arslan and Magi?....For sure Tokyo Ghoul had a huge boost, but if you only look at the nichigo timeslot series, Taizai is the biggest in recent years. Hero Academia has had such a lackluster performance so far that 2ch has almost pegged it as Toriko's successor, in regards to sales.
It has the weakest boost for manga sales seen so far for this timeslot. The first prints of Magi and Arslan, around anime airtime, are reportedly 660k and 680k, granted they may not have sold that much over their run but Hero Academia has yet to reach that number. Ratings-wise, it is below magi and arslan. It remains to be seen how much the game will sell but if preliminary rankings are considered, it may be as low as Arslan's game.MHA is underperforming even when compared to Arslan and Magi?....
where did people from 2ch say that? I thought they like torikoFor sure Tokyo Ghoul had a huge boost, but if you only look at the nichigo timeslot series, Taizai is the biggest in recent years. Hero Academia has had such a lackluster performance so far that 2ch has almost pegged it as Toriko's successor, in regards to sales.
How I see is that the anime could kill the series if done wrong.Looking at it another way, there really isn't room for anything but improvement given the source material.
And that's my fear.Execution is pretty much everything for Black Clover. Black Clover is the type of series that can become big if the interactions between characters are highlighted more than the events themselves as that end is almost laughably cliche. It will also most probably go to some evening or morning slot like sousei or World Trigger
If you browse the sales rankings threads, you'll see that Toriko is basically considered as a series that was pushed by jump hard but had a mediocre sales performance. Toriko itself is liked in other threads.where did people from 2ch say that? I thought they like toriko
Making it a morning long-running series itself is not bad. It will still get lots of exposure.How I see is that the anime could kill the series if done wrong.
The volumes aren't selling that much so they have to wait until a few are out. The series starts rather dull so they should cover atleast the first 55 chapters, but not so fast that the character interaction is lost, and not so slow that the viewer gets bored with the crappy start.
I fear that they might give it to Toei or Pierrot.
And that's my fear.
An approach like Taizai or AssClass would be ideal. If they make a morning long-running I don't see the series selling more than 300K.
See, this is exactly what I was worried about. Instead of waiting until next year, they rushed to get it out, and now there's low interest in the manga as the japanese viewers probably already know how many episodes it will have. On top of this, they're taking on too many projects this year. As a result, the quality somewhat suffers.Hero Academia is honestly not doing rather well currently in Japan. The latest reports from Tsutaya and 2ch are that the game seems to be a flop. Whether that is true remains to be seen this week but the overall opinion there is that its a flop in every way. Its tankobon sales are the weakest so far for the nichigo slot, its ratings are the lowest, disc sales are not hot at all and now game sales are also not doing well. I honestly believe it might have been due to the slow start. Most shows end on a gripping not but BnHA decided to split its first chapter and ended on a very low note.
you made it sound like it's popular for the Japanese to bash it in general. Speaking of which, what series is particularly disliked by the Japanese the most on 2ch?If you browse the sales rankings threads, you'll see that Toriko is basically considered as a series that was pushed by jump hard but had a mediocre sales performance. Toriko itself is liked in other threads.
Its also currently out of stock in most places. I looked at some major stores' websites for a general idea of how much is being sold but in lots of places, its either our of stock or in the process of being restocked. Its the same on Amazon for the physical copy. I guess this is a good sign but at this rate, especially after seeing this week's sales, Shueisha just might be waiting to restock everything with the new volume coming out next week.See, this is exactly what I was worried about. Instead of waiting until next year, they rushed to get it out, and now there's low interest in the manga as the japanese viewers probably already know how many episodes it will have. On top of this, they're taking on too many projects this year. As a result, the quality somewhat suffers.
Currently, its MHA on the Sales rankings threads. Its mostly because everyone hyped it up to be a million seller or sell in line with Haikyuu but now that it hasnt reached that level and also because the ratings were bad when Taizai and Arslan were able to get into the top 10 anime show tv ratings per week, its honestly rather polarizing.you made it sound like it's popular for the Japanese to bash it in general. Speaking of which, what series is particularly disliked by the Japanese the most on 2ch?
Idk if you play MMORPG's but K means thousands and M means millions. I'll list weekly shonen jump titles.Can someone rank the series currently in jump by how much they usually sell per volume ( also include Naruto).
For Example:
One Piece
Naruto
etc..
etc..
Thank you! but what about Hunter X Hunter?Idk if you play MMORPG's but K means thousands and M means millions. I'll list weekly shonen jump titles.
One Piece -> 2-3M
Naruto -> Low 1M
AssClass -> Nearly 1M
Haikyuu -> Nearly 1M
Bleach -> Mid 500k (but higher than Food Wars by a small margin relatively speaking)
Food Wars -> Mid 500K
Nisekoi -> High 300K - Mid 400K
Gintama -> High 300K - Low 400K
Toriko -> Low 300K
Correct me if I'm off. I intentionally left out Academia out since it's still growing.
Hunter x Hunter sells in the low 1M range. Volume 31 & 32 sold very close to 1.2M copies each. If I were to put it in the list, it will be right below Naruto.Thank you! but what about Hunter X Hunter?