"Natsu did squat" please Rain, Natsu only hit Jellal four times while in Dragon Force, and if you read the chapter you can clearly see he only made four attacks against Jellal while in Dragon Force (the chapter is called Dragon Force btw). And like every fight, there was plot involved, but at the end of the day Natsu still only hit Jellal four times in Dragon Force which dropped him.
We've only ever seen Natsu use Dragon Force when he's low in energy and needs to fight quickly apart from the Zero fight, where he sustained it for the whole time he fought once he entered it, and defeated Zero. So your claim that he can't stay in it for long is ludicrous. Again, I've already made the point of how Natsu can block Sema, so if you can show me proof he can't, then please do so.
I have no proof? I have the manga, and thats all the proof I need. You can clearly see that in most of his fights, Jellal tends to dodge attacks by using Meteor or block them where he's able to. Look at his fight against Jura, when he realised he couldn't beat Jura with Mystogan's magic, he used meteor to move around fast and was avoiding Jura's blocks as he couldn't stand getting hit by too many of them. We saw one of them drop him to the ground, so that doesn't help his durability. And Natsu only has durability going for him in this fight? Please, Natsu's offence is just as powerful as Jellal's, his defense is far greater, his speed in Dragon Force has been proven to be greater (ToH) and yes, Natsu's stamina is also greater than Jellal's. Thats a wild claim to make right there.
It wasn't even a win? If I remember correctly Natsu was the one standing at the end of the fight and not Jellal. While every fight has plot in it, if you go through the manga you can clearly see that in the chapter called Dragon Force, Natsu hits Jellal four times and Jellal is dropped. That chapter has all of the combat with Natsu in DF, and Natsu hit him four times. Go and read it, and you'll see it is indeed correct.
"It wasn't even a win? If I remember correctly Natsu was the one standing at the end of the fight and not Jellal."
Seriously? This fight was written identically to Natsu/Gajeel vs. Laxus. And you know what Natsu said to Laxus at the end of that? "I don't consider this a victory." You're more pro-natsu than natsu himself LOL. I think I might understand what you're saying now. But even so, Jellal was nerfed and weakened from other things, so it's still not a very strong argument, sorry.
I'm not talking about "most of his fights" don't you dare change the subject to support your claims, Samuel. But if you really want to bring up Jellal vs Jura
"he used meteor . . . and was avoiding Jura's blocks as he couldn't stand getting hit by too many of them".
Bruh, I'm taking you out to fight lessons. The same reason Jellal (speculatively) did not try to increase his meteor speed (something we've seen him do) to fight DF Natsu was because he
is smart enough to know how to fight. Intelligence. He knew Abyss Break would have finished the annoying fly once and for all. How does this relate to Jura?
What kind of idiot just stands there and takes attacks when they have powers to avoid them!? Hell I bet the only real reason Mashima doesn't show durability feats for Jellal is because he's smart enough to take out his enemies with multiple methods
as has been shown.
You kidding me? When I was making the Natsu vs. Jellal post, I was nice to Natsu and he STILL loses.
Att - Powers to attack
Def - Powers to guard
Endurance - tanking attacks
Stamina - how long a person can keep up their magic power
Intelligence - how smart a person is tactically for battle
Versatility - Different types of magic and ways of using them
AoE - Area of effect
Att: Natsu = or < Jellal (Demolition fist, Roar (super powerful) vs Abyss Break, Altairis, Grand Chariot, Abyss Break, and hell of a lot of other things (even more powerful)
Def: Natsu =? Jellal Again, Sam. You (and many people) keep confusing Defense with Endurance and Endurance with Stamina. They barely show anything for defense. Natsu can burn some things and Jellal can use meteor to dodge things.
Endurance: Natsu > Jellal Jellal has durability, but Natsu has probably some of the best durability arguably in the entire series.
Stamina: Natsu = Jellal Jellal's OS + large magic power literally alone is enough to make this claim against an MC who's had fights shoved down our throats.
Intelligence: Jellal > Natsu arguably Jellal has some of the best intelligence in fights in the entire series
Versatility: Jellal >> Natsu notably, Jellal has one of the best versatilities of all characters aside from August (who is still only hyped)
Area of Effect: Jellal >> Natsu
Like, I'm not even kidding. If Natsu doesn't lose, the fights in these tournaments have like no credibility.