I'll share my speculation as to why I raised this in the first place:
In the battle with the OS we see that before Jellal casts Grand Chariot there are several pillars of light (in the exact formation of Grand Chariot) and that they are going
up. After this Jellal says the incantation and uses the hand movements to activate Grand Chariot, as he is doing this there is
light shinning on Jellal and then the seals appear in the sky. Before Grand Chariot happens we also see Racer say "It's a Three Dimensional Seal Formation!" or "Solid Seal?!". The reason I don't think the pillars of light prior to Grand Chariot are part of it is because none of the OS were being hurt or showed any sign of pain. A big part of why I think Solid Seal is a spell is also to do with how the OS themselves didn't make any attempt to move from their spot, notably Racer, who proved himself quite fast earlier in the fight. Given the below (please read that before continuing here), Racer should have been able to have escaped the area or at least have attempted to escape but didn't. With all of this taken I believe that the "Three Dimensional Seal Formation"/"Solid Seal" is something that Jellal has developed, it would even make sense for Jellal to do so, he knows that his main magic has longer cast times than other magic so designing something like this would be efficient. All of the above being said, I admit that this is speculation but it is
reasonable speculation. If you don't believe this then that's fine but I just thought I should raise it as I noticed it. Thanks for reading.
Before you say that Racer's magic is slowing other people's perception I actually believe that Racer has his speed magic from KotSS. This is because earlier, when Cobra and Racer were attacking Jellal, Racer was outpacing Cobra quite significantly, by the time Racer had made several attempts at hitting Jellal, Cobra had only just come over. It's for this reason, and things like Angel's magic being different, their designs being different, Zentopia incident being mentioned etc. why I think that Racer has his speed magic from KotSS.