A knife doesn't have to be STRONGER BECAUSE HE WAS OFF GUARD WHEN HE TOOK IT.
You literally compared a kick from KID NATSU to Brandish stabbing August. If you can't even muster up a decent rebuttal please don't even reply, Kid Natsu is literally shit tier in the current manga.
If Lucy stabbed Natsu off guard while he was asleep she WOULD KILL HIM.
Wahl's etheroin canon is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jupiter.
A knife doesn't have to be STRONGER BECAUSE HE WAS OFF GUARD WHEN HE TOOK IT.
You literally compared a kick from KID NATSU to Brandish stabbing August. If you can't even muster up a decent rebuttal please don't even reply, Kid Natsu is literally shit tier in the current manga.
If Lucy stabbed Natsu off guard while he was asleep she WOULD KILL HIM.
Wahl's etheroin canon is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jupiter.
How does being off guard relate to being stabbed with a knife? If he had high durability, the blade would not go through. Going by your logic then guns can take out Mages.
Well that only magics we've seen in this entire series, elemental and ancient magics. August obviously doesn't know dragon slayer magic or curse magic or Lucy's spirit magic. So Mangapanda is accurate in terms of translations and I doubt anyone cares about the quality of manga drawing, this isn't the anime bud. Off topic...
August is weak, and panels show concrete evidence. He got sliced with a knife that most people in the Fairy Tail universe would tank. Lucy's Cow star dress allows to level landscapes, that attack itself is stronger than a knife. Its depressing because Brandish didn't have any speed boost to make the impact to the blow more powerful. It simply just slid right through him like a hot knife and butter. Just think of August like The Flash/Barry Allen, he has superpowers but he can still die to a bullet to the head, etc.
Obviously August wouldn't know magics that can't conventionally be learned by humans. Dragon Slaying magic is magic that can only be taught by dragons or obtained through implanting lacrima, and Celestial Spirit Magic is a holder magic that require specific objects, so they are reasonable exceptions to what August can't learn. Even with dragon slaying magic, if a dragon told a human to write it down or if a human dragon slayer wrote it down themselves it's conceivable August may have learned it.
However, your exact words was that Crunchyroll's translations are for people who can't read, and that all the other translations say that August knows all types of elemental magic only. That's just not true. CR has the most accurate translations overall, and there is a reason for this. Here are the raws.
聞いた話では古今東西のあらゆる種の魔法を使えるとか translated word for word is "Heard it said that, throughout time, east to west, every species of magic he can use". In readable English that would be, "I heard he can use every type of magic throughout history". No mentioning of elemental magic. No mentioning of ancient spells/elements. The message being conveyed was that August can use every type of magic, and Crunchryoll's translations was an accurate version of that.
I don't know how anyone can come to the conclusion that August is weak. Brandish used her magical power to increase the mass of that knife. She is literally using her magic to create mass. I don't see why this should be any different than Gray using his magic to create ice. That knife is way larger than the one Rogue used to stab future Lucy, and Lucy died from that. August not only tanked that attack, he fought back and nuked the area to kingdom come. Gildarts hasn't been punching holes through anyone with his punches either, so it's not like this is comparable. No idea where to even begin the comparison with Lucy. Do you seriously think Taurus star dress would deal a lethal injury to August?
Obviously August wouldn't know magics that can't conventionally be learned by humans. Dragon Slaying magic is magic that can only be taught by dragons or obtained through implanting lacrima, and Celestial Spirit Magic is a holder magic that require specific objects, so they are reasonable exceptions. However, your exact words was that Crunchyroll's translations are for people who can't read, and that all the other translations say that August knows all types of elemental magic only. That's just not true. CR has the most accurate translations overall, and there is a reason for this. Here are the raws.
聞いた話では古今東西のあらゆる種の魔法を使えるとか translated word for word is "Heard it said that, throughout time, east to west, every species of magic he can use". No mentioning of elemental magic. No mentioning of ancient spells/elements. The message being conveyed was that August can use every type of magic, and Crunchryoll's translations was an accurate version of that.
Brandish used her magical power to increase the mass of that knife. I don't see why that attack should be ranked below anything. That knife is way larger than the one Rogue used to stab future Lucy, and Lucy died from that. August not only tanked that attack, he fought back and nuked the area to kingdom come. Gildarts hasn't been punching holes through anyone with his punches either, so it's not like this is comparable.
Dude, I don't speak japanese so its useless showing that panel.
Fairy tail no gore so I don't get the point of you making that argument. If Natsu took a knife to the arm and that didn't do that jack sh*t. August to a knife to the chest and it went through him easily. People with high durability would not have a knife go through them.
How does being off guard relate to being stabbed with a knife? If he had high durability, the blade would not go through. Going by your logic then guns can take out Mages.
BEING OF GUARD MEANS YOU ARE MORE SUSCEPTIBLE TO DAMAGED MEANING YOUR DURABILITY IS LOWER I EXPLAINED THIS. AND NO ANY NOTE WORTHY MAGE WOULDNT DIE TO GUNS BECAUSE THEY CAN REACT TO THEM.
Dude, I don't speak japanese so its useless showing that panel.
Fairy tail no gore so I don't get the point of you making that argument. If Natsu took a knife to the arm and that didn't do that jack sh*t. August to a knife to the chest and it went through him easily. People with high durability would not have a knife go through them. You're so annoying, you're ignoring facts, you're biased.
Dude, I don't speak japanese so its useless showing that panel.
Fairy tail no gore so I don't get the point of you making that argument. If Natsu took a knife to the arm and that didn't do that jack sh*t. August to a knife to the chest and it went through him easily. People with high durability would not have a knife go through them.
Dunno what else to say. You have the original Japanese version and you have the official English version with crunchyroll.
Natsu has magic that changes the properties of his body. He also has body heat that is useful for melting metal objects. The knife that Jacob threw at him was also nowhere near the size of the "knife" Brandish stabbed August with, which by all rights is larger than most swords. It's also a magically enhanced attack, as Brandish is using her magic to add mass to the sword. August has a new form as well, so his durability might have increased.
Guess what? There is no if here. You talk about proportions and forget that the giant is a giant. For an attack to to cause the same effect to a giant it would have to be stronger, more area, more magic required to make that happen. Therefore it takes more power to mess the giant up he is tougher. Same way it takes more power to break through someone with good armor or magic that makes them durable. In the end it takes more to break those more durable including Gajeel. No doubt metal is stronger than wood. Thank you for stating the obvious. So other than Gajeel, is there anyone made of anything other than flesh and bone that are durable? That depends on strength level. When mages get stronger their durability usually improves also.
If this if that. No ifs. Those "ifs" you said would require more strength to actually work. Yes if a blast like Jupitor was as large to a giant as the one on regular size humans, he would be fucked up. For a blast to be that effective it would have to be stronger. Therefore with the same attacks dished out the giant won't feel much while the human takes more damage. Size is a factor whether you like it or not. This isn't a pound for pound durability test. It's either they can take punishment with little damage or they can't. Ikutsunagi is big, therefore it takes more power to fuck him up. Meaning he is more durable.
Even rocks break when you hit them enough. And no a twig is weaker than a full sized tree. Everything breaks, but how much longer they last than others is what makes them durable. Gajeel is not invincible either. He takes damage and wears down like anything you keep striking. A giant is the same because it takes more to bring him down. That is durability. Being a giant has its benefits.
Isn't this the second time you are capping this off? The first time you were hinting the same thing with "I've said enough." Walk away. You know damn well how twigs don't have the same durability as a tree made of the same thing. These mages are flesh and bone. The bigger one is harder to break. You've already made a fool of yourself not willing to admit it. Instead you are willing to make no sense and back it up. Keep dragging this on and I'll make it hurt more. Don't give me this "erroneous" bs. I'll clear it up if you are stubborn enough to keep going. Just as stubborn as several who won't admit anything.
"Over time" is correct. The same goes for anyone else who are strong or made of something harder than flesh and bone. With more attacks they will all break eventually. Thanks for clearing that up. Why, what does durable mean to you? Someone who has supreme strength and can't be injured no matter what? Everyone eventually gives even those you claim to be durable. Makarov is near the bottom of my list for durability. Having strength makes mages more durable to strong attacks. And I don't see Makarov as strong as Laxus or Natsu. But deserves credit for taking a Jupitor shot. That is still a feat of durability.
Yep, at least I pin pointed your flaw, you don't understand how durability works. Iron is more durable then tree bark, no matter how much extra area you give to that tree bark it will not change that fact. A pebble can be more durable then a country sized feather. You automatically equate extra size to superior durability.
And yes I am well aware that under normal circumstances a twig is smaller then a tree, that was merely an example lol. And yes, I already gave Makarov credit for taking the Jupiter shot without getting his hand outright pulverized, but the likes of Gajeel and Laxus could tank better things. Now I'm done with this argument, I clearly can't change your falsified perception of how durability works. To each their own.
lol at Etherion blast being inferior to Jupiter. Its at the very least a pocket version of the real thing, which is still FAR FAR FAR more then Jupiter.
Natsu and Laxus took out their Spriggans with ease.
I'm biased? Totally bud, that's why I back up everything I say and you repeat the same thing "he was off guard".
Natsu surprised Gildarts with a secret art and Gildarts still blocked it. It show cased speed which Augusr clearly doesn't has. If he was that powerful than he would've dodge it and nuked them but he didn't.
You're using mental gymnastics to make people hate so they support your argument. Just because 99.9% support your argument he was surprised doesn't mean you're right. You can't use an appeal to popularity fallacy as a proper counter argument.
Gildarts is not in his prime, Hades and Warrod are like a hundred years old and they still continue to grow. So that statement on him being in prime was easily refuted.
The headline clearly says Fairy Tails strongest Mage which means he's stronger than Laxus, way stronger. Laxus didn't even dare pick a fight with Gildarts back in the day. God Serenas magic got destroyed instantaneously without a named spell, Gildarts used body which is cloaked with crash to destroy the spell. God Serena can bring out attacks on par with Natsus AOE and it wouldn't do jack sh*t. His magic casually destroyed a mountain, his spells won't touch Gildarts.
All Gildarts would need to do is use one crash infused punch and send this dude flying all the way back to Augusts face.
Shall I remind you Natsu had to use his strongest BDKM attack to finish off Jacob, but that without Lucy to counter his hax + Makarov to send him flying off the guild, Natsu would've been defeated by Jacob? Please, remember Jacob's spatial magic. Jacob > Natsu.
You're 100% biased. Your arguments don't make sense most of the time, or rather, you try to give them the sense that you want them to have.
You're giving arguments for Tartaros Natsu and Tartaros Glidartz. If they went all out, Tartaros Glidartz would've fodderized Tartaros Natsu. However, here, we are talking about their Alvarez counterparts. You don't seem to understand growth ratio. Current Natsu > Tartaros Glidartz.
How did that feat prove Glidartz's speed?
Why do you assume August is not fast when he hasn't had the need to use CQC? Maybe he's faster than Laxus. Why are you so sure? The fact he didn't use speed is because he only needed a nuke to end the lives of Natsu, Lucy, Happy and Mest.
When 99,9% support your argument, then your argument has more chances of being right / match the author's thoughts than yours, which is an argument with 0 support. It's obvious everyone's gonna claim Natsu > Lisanna, but there may be 1 person in the world who claims otherwise. Is this person righter than the other seven billion? haha, clearly not, unless that person is Mashima. As a matter of fact, you can appeal to popularity as a proper counter argument. Why not? I mean, if I'm trying to let someone who claims Lisanna>Natsu understand that Lisanna does not have the feats to beat Natsu, and that person is gonna keep saying Lisanna is more powerful, why can't I say: ok, well, whatever, but 7 billion people think against you. Well I think it's a strong argument I don't know about you, but OK.
Prime doesn't seem to have anything to do in this manga. Glidartz is past his prime and he's evolved as much as Laxus has or more, who is in his prime or getting close to it, so yeah.
How are you so sure Hades and Warrod continued to grow? Such blatant statements yet so little evidence to back them up... Could you please provide me with an argument why you think Warrod or Hades continue to grow? If it were like that, Makarov would currently be on Glidartz level and he is not. If it were like that, Warrod would be one of the strongest characters in Fairy Tail, because he's the third oldest (and if people continue to grow as years go by, then by that logic Warrod should be the third most powerful character after Acnologia and Zeref who're older). Old people become stagnant. Hades reached his maximum power at, say, 80? and he stayed like that until he died at 110 or past that age I think. Makarov has become stagnant: he could probably train for one year but his progress may be marginal unless Hiro proves otherwise by making him as powerful as current Glidartz.
The headline also says they're facing the strongest enemy ever, when that is not true, since Fairy Tail has faced Zeref, August and Irene. Even Acnologia. So, you can't use that headline as evidence of anything.
If Glidartz defeats God Serena null, low or even mid diff, that's gonna be asspull. Continent strongest declared mage, in his prime, with enough MP to scare anyone, with 8 different types of DS magic at a very high level, enough to subjugate the 4 supposedly strongest mages in the continent after him + the main cast, is fodderized by a man without an arm and a leg, in his 50s? Hard to believe Glidartz progress in one year puts him SOOOOOOOOOO above Ishgar's strongest... If we go by logic, Glidartz should win extreme difficulty, if at all.
Yep, at least I pin pointed your flaw, you don't understand how durability works. Iron is more durable then tree bark, no matter how much extra area you give to that tree bark it will not change that fact. A pebble can be more durable then a country sized feather. You automatically equate extra size to superior durability.
And yes I am well aware that under normal circumstances a twig is smaller then a tree, that was merely an example lol. And yes, I already gave Makarov credit for taking the Jupiter shot without getting his hand outright pulverized, but the likes of Gajeel and Laxus could tank better things. Now I'm done with this argument, I clearly can't change your falsified perception of how durability works. To each their own.
lol at Etherion blast being inferior to Jupiter. Its at the very least a pocket version of the real thing, which is still FAR FAR FAR more then Jupiter.
My flaw? Iron is more durable than a tree. Thanks for stating the obvious a second time. Last time I checked only Gajeel turns to metal. So if Laxus is flesh and bone does that make him weaker? No it does not. I've said earlier that the as mages get stronger they become more durable to magic. Mr "I can't read your mind so I can't pinpoint your flaw." Why? Whose mind can you read you arrogant fool. Are we comparing paper the size of an island to a cube of steel? Is Makarov that weak that his durability is too?
Resisting cuts is a form of durability. So is impact, which a giant excels at. Trees need water to live. Steel will rust. Does that make trees more durable? No it does not. Being durable does not mean they can take all the elements. Let's go with Gajeel anyway. If you hit him with a hammer on the arm, how much cells on his body is destroyed since he won't likely break from it? How much cells do you think a giant loses too with the same size hammer on his larger cells? Not much either. And he wouldn't break. This is where you say "if" the hammer was proportion to the one Gajeel took then Makarov would be in deep trouble. The same large hammer that hurts and breaks Makarov would do the same to the steel guy dealing with a hammer larger than his body. By your theory, ants are tough because they can have boulders drop on them and if the scale size was the same to humans humans would die. Plus ants have hard shells, therefore they are more durable. Hate to break it to you but humans can take more than ants. Size does matter. With all your ifs that you keep saying, sure an ant the same size of a human will be more durable in pretty much every way. But there is no ant that is more durable than a human, regardless how much better, more durable their shells are to human skin. The amount of power it takes to split an ant in two won't even scratch a person even though ant shells are more durable than skin. You gotta see it the way it is. Not how it would be if everything was scaled up or down to match the size differences.
I am someone else when I am debating. You already stated that you don't care how harsh I've come out, but I take responsibility for my words and actions. I'm sorry for being harsh. I cleaned it up a bit again. I gotta learn to control myself. I'm overflowing with harshness that it comes out on its own. The same way Gildarts is overflowing with power that he can't control it. Just kidding about the Gildarts analogy, but not the apology. I can be an ass sometimes.
Prime doesn't seem to have anything to do in this manga. Glidartz is past his prime and he's evolved as much as Laxus has or more, who is in his prime or getting close to it, so yeah.
How are you so sure Hades and Warrod continued to grow? Such blatant statements yet so little evidence to back them up... Could you please provide me with an argument why you think Warrod or Hades continue to grow? If it were like that, Makarov would currently be on Glidartz level and he is not. If it were like that, Warrod would be one of the strongest characters in Fairy Tail, because he's the third oldest (and if people continue to grow as years go by, then by that logic Warrod should be the third most powerful character after Acnologia and Zeref who're older). Old people become stagnant. Hades reached his maximum power at, say, 80? and he stayed like that until he died at 110 or past that age I think. Makarov has become stagnant: he could probably train for one year but his progress may be marginal unless Hiro proves otherwise by making him as powerful as current Glidartz.
I used to think Gildarts was at or past his prime (in X791). But right now he's stronger - thus he wasn't at his prime. Getting a new limb and becoming more efficient with his magic are likely the main improvements we'll see (training will make him better in every way too).
I think if anyone gets to Spriggan tier they're at or closing in on their prime. It just wouldn't make sense if you could keep improving. Actually, TO-Sherria proves that every person has a limit. Gildarts types are just above people like Sherria, or Makarov etc, in terms of talent. A kid like Romeo has no chance of ever becoming Natsu tier.
If Glidartz defeats God Serena null, low or even mid diff, that's gonna be asspull. Continent strongest declared mage, in his prime, with enough MP to scare anyone, with 8 different types of DS magic at a very high level, enough to subjugate the 4 supposedly strongest mages in the continent after him + the main cast, is fodderized by a man without an arm and a leg, in his 50s? Hard to believe Glidartz progress in one year puts him SOOOOOOOOOO above Ishgar's strongest... If we go by logic, Glidartz should win extreme difficulty, if at all.
It really depends on how strong Gildarts is going to be, and I think that depends on how important he is to the war. If he's going to be crucial in a fight against a top tier (August, Larcade, Irene, Zeref), then he'll cruise past God Serena. I guess Gildy could still play a part in another fight down the track if he's pushed to high/extreme diff. I like Serena so I do hope it's a good contest.
Also the one year for FT is more important power wise than everyone else. They were disbanded. Some had reasons to train. Jellal and OS are the only ones I'd say might have improved at the same rate as FT.
I used to think Gildarts was at or past his prime (in X791). But right now he's stronger - thus he wasn't at his prime. Getting a new limb and becoming more efficient with his magic are likely the main improvements we'll see (training will make him better in every way too).
I think if anyone gets to Spriggan tier they're at or closing in on their prime. It just wouldn't make sense if you could keep improving. Actually, TO-Sherria proves that every person has a limit. Gildarts types are just above people like Sherria, or Makarov etc, in terms of talent. A kid like Romeo has no chance of ever becoming Natsu tier.
I'm spaniard so it might have been a cognate there; when I mean "prime" I don't necessarily mean his peak (in power terms) but rather, the age at which you attain highest potential (which is around the 30s).
So, someone at his prime will evolve better than when he's not in his prime. Let's say that prime allows for a progress/growth multiplier of 2x (30s), whereas in your 20s it is a 1,8x multiplier, in your 40s as well, in your 50s a 1,5x, in your 60s a 1,2x, in your 70s a 1,08x and past that you most likely can't improve even if you train hard...
So maybe Glidartz being in his late 40s/early 50s has a multiplier of, say, 1,5x whereas Laxus being close to his highest potential age (what I mean by prime) has a 1,8x improvement by training.
But then, consider this: although in terms of age, Laxus has the edge (1,8x growth vs 1,5x growth), it may well be that Glidartz's sheer/inner potential is higher than Laxus, so they have each a secondary multiplier, say, 2x for Glidartz, 1,5x for Laxus. In the end, if you do the math, that may be an answer as to why a 50-year-old Glidartz can improve more than a 25-year-old Laxus, so as not to consider it inconsistent.
It's a little bit complicated so let's say that, regardless of age, Glidartz seems to have more potential than Laxus in the same conditions, this is why he's always stronger. I suspect if he was 20 years younger and he trained as much as he has during this year, his improvement wouldn't have been much greater, if at all; so I suspect there's no concept of "prime" (as in, ideal age at which you improve at a faster pace) in this manga. So it's likely that even Makarov, had he trained, would've improved as much. But again, we don't know.
But then you bring nice points, which is TO Chelia. TO Chelia looked in her early 20s so maybe that's her prime (the age at which, if training occurrs, you improve the most). However Orga is also at around that age so he should be close to that prime. However people will claim that Orga is weaker than TO Chelia just because TO Chelia was in her most powerful state. But then, Glidartz shows us, at 50, that there's no "most powerful state as such" because he's past his 'ideal age' and he has still improved... So it's kind of misleading if you ask me. Does TO Chelia looking 20 mean that she could not progress any further than she already was in the event she trained? I don't think so tbh.
It really depends on how strong Gildarts is going to be, and I think that depends on how important he is to the war. If he's going to be crucial in a fight against a top tier (August, Larcade, Irene, Zeref), then he'll cruise past God Serena. I guess Gildy could still play a part in another fight down the track if he's pushed to high/extreme diff. I like Serena so I do hope it's a good contest.
Also the one year for FT is more important power wise than everyone else. They were disbanded. Some had reasons to train. Jellal and OS are the only ones I'd say might have improved at the same rate as FT.
Having gotten rid of the concept of "prime" (because Glidartz is way past his prime in terms of age, yet he's improved/evolved so much from his Tartaros self to consider there's such thing as an ideal age to train), we still have ridiculous, yet limited growth ratios in this manga. For example, after one year, Natsu has surpassed Tartaros Glidartz; but he has not surpassed August, so there must be a limiter. Now Tartaros Glidartz may have improved to become a mid-high spriggan level character, which I'd actually swallow, since he'd be following Laxus' pattern and growth (if Laxus was a 3 and now is a 7, and Natsu was a 1,5 and is now a 6, then Glidartz was a 4 and now is a 8). Although it's difficult for me to understand how a person without an arm and a leg, who had been hyped to already being so strong that he couldn't even control his power, and past his late 40s probably; can have the same progress ratio than Laxus, who's a promise guy, young and so on. But OK it's still conceivable.
But now, making Glidartz strong enough so as to face August but making Laxus far from it would be ass pull, IMO. Because as we've seen with Natsu, there are limits; so it wouldn't be understandable that Glidartz didn't 'abide' by such limits and became inconceivably stronger than powerhouses like Laxus/Jellal with the same training and even not accounting for the 'ideal age/prime' idea.
All in all, what I want to convey here is that it'd be fallacious to have a Glidartz almost as strong, as strong or stronger than August if (and only if) Laxus/Jellal are nowhere near that level. Because although Glidartz will likely be stronger than Laxus and Jellal, he shouldn't be by a huge margin (one tier at most, or rather, a difference as big/small as the one between God Serena and Wahl, which is around one tier IMO).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Do you guys remember the communal ranking? How do you think it will change? I say, Larcade is gonna be in a high position, God Serena will probably stay the same, and Glidartz is definetely gonna go up. What do you think?
@Char I think that DiMaria is going to go down, God Serena will remain the same, Invel and Larcade will go up, Gildarts will shoot up and Sting and Rogue will go up. Due these changes I feel that in general the Spriggans will be a bit lower, with Neinhart being the lowest Spriggan due to how circumstantial his magic is, that said he could be higher now as he can call on SprigTorias.
Do you guys remember the communal ranking? How do you think it will change? I say, Larcade is gonna be in a high position, God Serena will probably stay the same, and Glidartz is definetely gonna go up. What do you think?
In my opinion, Gildarts should be near God Serena, it depens on the result of battle if he is "a little stronger" or "a little weaker" than Goddy. Larcade between Dragons and Chronos--he killed two people without even coming close to them.
It's strange that GoI are that low in ranking. It looks like people don't treat "the strongest 4 in Ishgar" literally. I agree with that, but... Mirajane above GoI is weird.
Mirajane's above Neinhart too... even though Neinhart would command much greater respect now with summoning 3 Spriggans, he still shouldn't have been below Mira (pre-ch494). She's also above Erza which I think is also wrong.
@Char I think that DiMaria is going to go down, God Serena will remain the same, Invel and Larcade will go up, Gildarts will shoot up and Sting and Rogue will go up. Due these changes I feel that in general the Spriggans will be a bit lower, with Neinhart being the lowest Spriggan due to how circumstantial his magic is, that said he could be higher now as he can call on SprigTorias.
When you say Dimaria is gonna go down but God Serena will remain, you mean that Larcade will take Dimaria's position so she'll naturally go down, but God Serena will go up one position and be above Dimaria?
As in, currently:
x: Dimaria
x+1: God Serena
Later:
x-1: Larcade
x: God Serena
x+1: Dimaria
or do you think Dimaria is still going to be above God Serena? I do think this way, because as much as I'm a God Serena-tard and I hold him in high regard, I still think Dimaria's magic is too circumstancial in the sense that it's not that she's necessarily stronger than God Serena, but her hax is. Heck, I'd say her hax is even above Larcade, but I'm not sure how I'd rank Larcade/Dimaria. Larcade is all hype, whereas Dimaria has monstruous feats.
Also, I expect great things from Sabertooth and Kagura. Not so much of the rest of Lamia Scale and Blue Pegasus sadly But I'm interested in why you think the twin dragons are going to go up. I hope they get some screen time and we see them actually being a threat to spriggan lackeys or even to spriggans themselves if they team up and go dragon force.
I'm also expecting great things from Orga (vs Dimaria?) and Minerva (vs Jacob?), and Rufus is absurdly versatile so I expect great things from him too. Now, sadly, I don't expect much from Yukino given that she only has two or three golden keys and ophiucus and they weren't a threat to GMG Kagura. If growth ratio hasn't been too inflated for her, her magic is not gonna pose a threat to Spriggan-level characters in the least, so I hope she teams with her sister and they can do something amazing together don't you think?
I don't expect for ST secondary characters like Dobengal to appear, but it'd be interesting. However, not even Quattro Cerberus has been shown so sadly, I don't think other mages from ST are gonna shine.
Neinhart... if you read some of my posts... and I know you did hehe... I currently hold Neinhart in very high regard. But I understand he's weak as hell and it's just his hax which could make him go up the list. I mean even though his durability is shitty and his attack power is not anything from another world either, the fact he can summon 3 spriggans is, well, too impressive for me not to think higher of him. As much as I love God Serena and I don't love Neinhart so much, who would win in a battle, God Serena, or a guy who can summon Bradman (against whom God Serena is probably not a good match), Dimaria (when/if she dies, she can freeze time and kill him) and another haxy spriggan... you know what I mean hehe
In my opinion, Gildarts should be near God Serena, it depens on the result of battle if he is "a little stronger" or "a little weaker" than Goddy. Larcade between Dragons and Chronos--he killed two people without even coming close to them.
It's strange that GoI are that low in ranking. It looks like people don't treat "the strongest 4 in Ishgar" literally. I agree with that, but... Mirajane above GoI is weird.
Agreed. The worst case scenario would be that Glidartz would pathetically lose (which I don't think is happening) or fodderize God Serena (which I see happening, but I hope not...).
As for the GoI, I was actually quite pleasantly surprised. They're high-ish if you take into account the downplay they had to suffer after being fodderized.
Also Mirajane's feats are quite impressive whereas the GoI's, not that much, so I understand that people overrate a Alegria Mira a little and downgrade the GoI after their performance... this is why I'd like for, at least, Hyberion, to come up and show what he's made of, and that Mira and Erza could be his lackeys.
Mirajane's above Neinhart too... even though Neinhart would command much greater respect now with summoning 3 Spriggans, he still shouldn't have been below Mira (pre-ch494). She's also above Erza which I think is also wrong.
Yeah, this is Neinhart before we knew the limits of his magic. Now he should definetely be above Mira. Maybe Mira could beat him IF he can't summon anyone, but definetely not when he can summon 3 spriggans.
Mira being above Erza doesn't seem too wrong if you ask me, she could probably perform better against Ajeel (or a spriggan for that matter) than Erza did, provided that her Alegria form lasts long enough. Otherwise... not so sure.
@Char I think that DiMaria is going to go down, God Serena will remain the same, Invel and Larcade will go up, Gildarts will shoot up and Sting and Rogue will go up. Due these changes I feel that in general the Spriggans will be a bit lower, with Neinhart being the lowest Spriggan due to how circumstantial his magic is, that said he could be higher now as he can call on SprigTorias.
I agree. Though I already place Invel on the same level as any of the other Spriggans and I have all the Spriggans except August, Irene, and Larcade on the same level. Dimaria's fight is going to be interesting. I predict that we'll finally get to see the limits of how powerful someone needs to be before she can't age seal. Having her fight Brandish would set the bar at Spriggan level, so that's what I'm hoping for.
When you say Dimaria is gonna go down but God Serena will remain, you mean that Larcade will take Dimaria's position so she'll naturally go down, but God Serena will go up one position and be above Dimaria?
As in, currently:
x: Dimaria
x+1: God Serena
Later:
x-1: Larcade
x: God Serena
x+1: Dimaria
or do you think Dimaria is still going to be above God Serena? I do think this way, because as much as I'm a God Serena-tard and I hold him in high regard, I still think Dimaria's magic is too circumstancial in the sense that it's not that she's necessarily stronger than God Serena, but her hax is. Heck, I'd say her hax is even above Larcade, but I'm not sure how I'd rank Larcade/Dimaria. Larcade is all hype, whereas Dimaria has monstruous feats.
Also, I expect great things from Sabertooth and Kagura. Not so much of the rest of Lamia Scale and Blue Pegasus sadly But I'm interested in why you think the twin dragons are going to go up. I hope they get some screen time and we see them actually being a threat to spriggan lackeys or even to spriggans themselves if they team up and go dragon force.
I'm also expecting great things from Orga (vs Dimaria?) and Minerva (vs Jacob?), and Rufus is absurdly versatile so I expect great things from him too. Now, sadly, I don't expect much from Yukino given that she only has two or three golden keys and ophiucus and they weren't a threat to GMG Kagura. If growth ratio hasn't been too inflated for her, her magic is not gonna pose a threat to Spriggan-level characters in the least, so I hope she teams with her sister and they can do something amazing together don't you think?
I don't expect for ST secondary characters like Dobengal to appear, but it'd be interesting. However, not even Quattro Cerberus has been shown so sadly, I don't think other mages from ST are gonna shine.
Neinhart... if you read some of my posts... and I know you did hehe... I currently hold Neinhart in very high regard. But I understand he's weak as hell and it's just his hax which could make him go up the list. I mean even though his durability is shitty and his attack power is not anything from another world either, the fact he can summon 3 spriggans is, well, too impressive for me not to think higher of him. As much as I love God Serena and I don't love Neinhart so much, who would win in a battle, God Serena, or a guy who can summon Bradman (against whom God Serena is probably not a good match), Dimaria (when/if she dies, she can freeze time and kill him) and another haxy spriggan... you know what I mean hehe
I think DiMaria is going to go down because I feel there's going to be a limit to Age Seal which is going to appear, not sure what that limit will be though. As for Goddy, I feel that he will be on par with or above DiMaria, though Larcade.... I'm not sure right now. I feel like Larcade's hype is going to disappear and that Acnologia will blitz him but I'm not sure what will happen before that, so right now I'd say he's above Goddy but that could change.
The reason I feel the Twin Dragons are going to go up is because they're Dragon Slayers and as such they'll eventually face Acnologia meaning they'll need some great feats, and with a few Spriggans being around I think that they're going to get revenge on Bradman. I agree with you about the other ST members and Kagura, I actually want Yukino to kick ass in the next few chapters because there are some people who want her to die so that Lucy gets her keys...
Neinhart is a strange one for me because now he can summon Spriggans, meaning that he has a counter to virtually anyone. He's up against a human? Summon Bradman and let the MBP's do the work. He's up against a demon/Bradman? Summon Wahl to eradicate the MBP's. He's up against a Machina? Summon Goddy to wipe it out. Seriously, the deaths of my babies has given Neinhart a massive power up.
BEING OF GUARD MEANS YOU ARE MORE SUSCEPTIBLE TO DAMAGED MEANING YOUR DURABILITY IS LOWER I EXPLAINED THIS. AND NO ANY MORE WORTHY MAGE WOULDDIE TO GUNS BECAUSE THEY CAN REACT TO THEM.