Where is your evidence for any of this? You can't say "well I think Gajeel's roar is stronger than Erza's nakagami armor which allows to literally distort space in your eye range"
Erza has to be in a specific armor in order to use those swords which means she has to choose between using op swords and the flame empress armor. She can't use both at the same time.
Gray and Gajeel are not afraid of Erza in serious matters. Gray has stood against her multiple times. Also, it's called comic relief, so technically they were never afraid of her because it's just gag related when they show those faces with wide eyes and weird faces, it's the same thing as Max being almost naked with broom up his butt all the time. So yeah, comic relief it is.
Erza has to be in a specific armor in order to use those swords which means she has to choose between using op swords and the flame empress armor. She can't use both at the same time.
Depends how strong you think the roar Gajeel used and Bradman's Rage were. I wasn't exactly impressed by them. Certainly not close to Natsu's, and not enough for me to put Gajeel at Erza level bar Nakagami.
ISD Gajeel would likely be on par with Erza in attack and defence, when she's using her better amour. Nakagami is pretty OP. Steel Gajeel might be close to it overall, but I doubt Gajeel can use Steel again.
DF Gajeel is above imo. Probably at Natsu/Laxus type level.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
FT
Laxus, Natsu (no DF), Gildarts, DF Gajeel
Erza, DeS Gray
Mira, Base Gray, Base Gajeel, Makarov??
Wendy, Lucy, Elfman, Cana
Juvia, others
Pretty unsure at Wendy and below. Lucy could be much stronger than people give her credit for, her Stardress MP did impress Makarov. Cana with Fairy Glitter and training with Gildarts is another I'd say could be stronger. Also DeS Gray, he might be able to make it to the Natsu tier. Laxus and Gildarts might be better than Natsu w/o DF, but I'm not sure. Natsu's pretty strong and hard to put down.
Why would the roar be weak at all? It came from a Spriggan and I'm terms of raw power Silver's curse is probably only second to Mard's meaning I should be powerful.
But luckily Bradman has Macro, Sensation Curse and Tenchi Kaimei as an alternative.
Lol.
Yes I've heard of that 'argument'. But I'm afraid Macro does work on Erza..
@Medkaradaraba@Crimson Ice I agree with both of you. Base Gajeel should be above Erza mostly due to his Iron Shadow Dragon Mode. I'd even say he is stronger without it just because his Karma Demon Divine Iron Sword is more impressive than any attack Erza has shown. Once DF is included, it would be a straight win for Gajeel.
For the past few pages, I don't know why we're debating over characters who are pretty much equals.
Sting and Rogue
Sting = Rogue
Full-Powered Sting = Shadow-Possessed Rogue
White Drive Sting = Shadow Drive Rogue
DF Sting = DF Rogue
Neither are stronger nor weaker. I see "Shadow-Possessed Rogue" as the darker side to his personality in which he could not control himself. In a fight, it would make more sense to call it his "full power". As for Sting, he's yet to display his full power. Lector truly dying would probably be the only situation in which we would ever see him go all out. Unfortunately, he blew his chance to show his real power after he surrendered against Fairy Tail.
Gajeel and Erza
Base Gajeel ≤ Erza
ISD Gajeel ≥ Erza
DF Gajeel > Erza
Dragon Force would allow Gajeel to pull ahead of Erza. Otherwise, he is pretty much on on the same level as her and Base Gray. I don't rank Base Natsu that high either. He is at most just a little bit more powerful than Erza.
Why would the roar be weak at all? It came from a Spriggan and I'm terms of raw power Silver's curse is probably only second to Mard's meaning I should be powerful.
Roar's are fairly easy to discern in terms of power, as it's power is closely related to AoE. Bradman using Rage doesn't mean it's strong just because a Spriggan used it. For instance, Serena used 2 DS spells which were markedly smaller/weaker than in ch470 where he beat the GoI (Hellflame was used in that chapter).
I can agree Bradmans Rage is better than Silver's. But to say it's a Spriggan level roar ie Serena/Natsu/Laxus, I'd disagree to that for sure.
At this point, it seems that the difference in power between Gildarts and the second strongest Fairy Tail mage (Laxus) is abysmal. I feel like Gildarts has his very own tier.
Not "argument". "Fallacy". I don't care if Erza gets affected by Macro because that was never the point of my post. I already said that I agree with some of the points your making. I was addresing you implying that hax is ALWAYS above raw power (which is completely false).
Bradmans and Gajeels roars are hard to scale because they were very close to each other when firing them so the roars did not get to expand and show how they fare in comparison to, say, Natsus roars. Base Gajeel is weaker then Erza, but ISD gives him the advantage IMO. With DF its a curbstomp, she gets one-shotted in the blink of an eye.
I'd hold off on Gildarts being far stronger then Laxus as well, Serena is one of the weaker Spriggan and Laxus has shown that he could take weaker-average Spriggan out with relative ease (ie Ajeel) as well. I will say that Gildarts is at least on the same level as Laxus is though
Also want to note that Bradman is probably better with the curses then the 9DGs were. Tartarus Natsu dodged multiples of Mards thorns relatively casually while a single thorn was able to hit current Gajeel before he saw it coming. His Tenga Goken Onimaru was able to damage Gajeels enhanced iron skin while Ezels barely took out base Tartarus Wendy. His Tenchi Kaimei seemed grander then Torafusas as it was used in open space while Torafusas was used in a building (thereby acting like an aquarium for the water). Rage is unquantifiable but if he was able to match a powerful dragon slayers roar (like Gajeels), then I'd like to think it was more powerful then Silvers rage. His exploding helix is trash.
Glidartz will be >= or > or >> depending on his performance against God Serena.
and >> = mid or low diff, in this case mid.
So, Glidartz either extreme, high or mid diffs Laxus (depending on his performance against GS).
And I'm conceding a lot here, because IMO God Serena > Laxus. But I'm saying that in the event Glidartz oneshots God Serena, he's gonna mid diff Laxus. That's giving Laxus the benefit of the doubt here and I'm actually positioning with you. Yes, with you, because otherwise, if I were to listen to my subconscious, if God Serena is oneshot by Glidartz, then Laxus would be dead by just Glidartz looking at him. But nope, I'm saying mid diff at most, so... I hope you see I'm conceding here.
For the past few pages, I don't know why we're debating over characters who are pretty much equals.
Sting and Rogue
Sting = Rogue
Full-Powered Sting = Shadow-Possessed Rogue
White Drive Sting = Shadow Drive Rogue
DF Sting = DF Rogue
Neither are stronger nor weaker. I see "Shadow-Possessed Rogue" as the darker side to his personality in which he could not control himself. In a fight, it would make more sense to call it his "full power". As for Sting, he's yet to display his full power. Lector truly dying would probably be the only situation in which we would ever see him go all out. Unfortunately, he blew his chance to show his real power after he surrendered against Fairy Tail.
Gajeel and Erza
Base Gajeel ≤ Erza
ISD Gajeel ≥ Erza
DF Gajeel > Erza
Dragon Force would allow Gajeel to pull ahead of Erza. Otherwise, he is pretty much on on the same level as her and Base Gray. I don't rank Base Natsu that high either. He is at most just a little bit more powerful than Erza.
Mostly agreed, but Full-Powered Sting = Shadow-Possessed Rogue? Then, GMG Full-powered Sting > GMG Natsu? Sorry but I don't think so.
@BluePegasus you're a fan of hax, others are fans of NLF, I'm not a fan of either so I'll impartially say, I don't know if there's a limit to hax but there should theoretically be (otherwise you understand haxy characters would beat the strongest character without hax in this manga don't you? as in Kyoka > Acnologia). I don't think Mashima implied that hax is omnipotent because then he wouldn't imply Acnologia is the most powerful character in the manga, but Kyoka. So I guess that it doesn't treat everyone equally. That it worked on Tartaros Erza is not necessarily proof that it would work on Current Erza.
If anything, this is all giving Serena the benefit of the doubt. His only decently impressive feats were against the GoI and he has not shown any large AoE/DC moves, and their only feats were against him so it would be a big ? on that front if not for the fact that Jura was there as well. Jura actually has established limits, and since he went down at the same time as the GoI it really only makes them, and by extension Serena, look worse. His recent display was borderline trash, even Juvia was completely unfazed by what he was doing. So really there is not much to go off, and what there is doesn't make Serena look overly impressive, especially in comparison to someone like Laxus.
It depends on how you interpret it. In my eyes, Sting never went full power in GMG. Shadow-Possessed Rogue is nothing more than Rogue being unable to control his personality/power. To say that it is stronger than Sting is a bit of a stretch.
If I am understanding you correctly, you think Shadow-Possessed Rogue is stronger than Base Gajeel who you equate to Natsu, right? If so, then yes, Full-Power Sting would be on that same level. I'm specifically talking about Base Natsu here. LFD Natsu or DF Natsu would stomp.
It depends on how you interpret it. In my eyes, Sting never went full power in GMG. Shadow-Possessed Rogue is nothing more than Rogue being unable to control his personality/power. To say that it is stronger than Sting is a bit of a stretch.
Nope, when possessed by shadow shadow Rogue talked from second person.
My power is now yours to wield, Rogue.
Gajeel proceeds to ask just who he/it was, and the response is that of a completely different person. I am shadow, the one who controls fate.
I theorize that shadow will make a return in some manner, even if its not using Rogue as a median/host. Either way one thing is for sure, shadow Rogue is not simply Rogue using full power, its a big power boost from an external source. I agree that Sting and Rogue as they were in GMG were not at full power, they were at full power in Tartarus once they gained the POF boost and perfected their teamwork. The POF is actually quite significant, but it does not make them go from being several tiers below Gajeel to being stronger then him.
If I am understanding you correctly, you think Shadow-Possessed Rogue is stronger than Base Gajeel who you equate to Natsu, right? If so, then yes, Full-Power Sting would be on that same level. I'm specifically talking about Base Natsu here. LFD Natsu or DF Natsu would stomp.
If anything, this is all giving Serena the benefit of the doubt. His only decently impressive feats were against the GoI and he has not shown any large AoE/DC moves, and their only feats were against him so it would be a big ? on that front if not for the fact that Jura was there as well. Jura actually has established limits, and since he went down at the same time as the GoI it really only makes them, and by extension Serena, look worse. His recent display was borderline trash, even Juvia was completely unfazed by what he was doing. So really there is not much to go off, and what there is doesn't make Serena look overly impressive, especially in comparison to someone like Laxus.
Your argument was reasonable until you reached Jura. Jura didn't establish limits because we don't know for a fact whether current Jura is = GMG Jura, slightly superior or vastly superior. If you ask me, it should be somewhere between slightly and vastly superior, since his durability was equalized with that of the GoI, who were claimed to be vastly superior to him.
So, yeah, big "?" without an answer of yet. We'll just dissipate doubts on that topic if the GoI and or Jura appear again and fight any spriggan. Their performance will be key to determine whether they are > / = / < / << / <<<. Currently, if we operate under the assumption that God Serena = 9 other spriggans, then the GoI as individuals are <<< any spriggan. If we operate under the assumption that God Serena > some of the other 9 spriggans, then GoI are not necessarily fodder if compared to a spriggan, only if compared to God Serena.
It's the same old story as always... It's but a broken record. We can't determine anything until the GoI fight again.
Not even with Glidartz null / low / mid / high / extreme diffing God Serena (or the other way round) since there's no way Glidartz can be compared to the GoI and/or Jura because they've never actually fought.
Only way to determine whether God Serena > / = / < other spriggans AND GoI > / = / < / << / <<< other spriggans is simply wait until they appear again.
Also, after GS' assault, the main cast was as unfazed as it was overwhelmed.
It depends on how you interpret it. In my eyes, Sting never went full power in GMG. Shadow-Possessed Rogue is nothing more than Rogue being unable to control his personality/power. To say that it is stronger than Sting is a bit of a stretch.
If I am understanding you correctly, you think Shadow-Possessed Rogue is stronger than Base Gajeel who you equate to Natsu, right? If so, then yes, Full-Power Sting would be on that same level. I'm specifically talking about Base Natsu here. LFD Natsu or DF Natsu would stomp.
You certainly have got a point but I think that possessed Rogue was an exceptional introduction of a mysterious power which gave a character who was <<< the power to be > / >> (don't quite remember). So possessed Rogue was a couple of solid tiers above Rogue, heck he was way more powerful than his DF even. I see possessed Rogue beating base GMG Natsu, but I don't see Sting possibly coming close.
But you're right we didn't see Sting's full power with the PoF after defeating Jiemma. He's a guild master after all... (although so is Goldmine and I don't think he's too big of a deal)
I'd hold off on Gildarts being far stronger then Laxus as well, Serena is one of the weaker Spriggan and Laxus has shown that he could take weaker-average Spriggan out with relative ease (ie Ajeel) as well. I will say that Gildarts is at least on the same level as Laxus is though
I hardly consider God Serena one of the weakest Spriggans, when he was able to dominate 4 of the strongest mages on the Ishgar continent with ease and without unleashing his full power.
I doubt Laxus would be able to block/overpower most of his combos and Gildarts did it with relative ease. Also, comparing Wahl and God Serena, the latter is definitely not weaker, and we've all seen how exhausted and beaten up Laxus was after miraculously surviving his encounter with Wahl.
All things considered, Gildarts is definitely out of Laxus' league by a long shot.
Serena was no more impressive holding off Natsu and co. than Ajeel when he was singlehandedly chasing off Team Natsu and Makarov in Alvarez. They both are likely at the same level and Laxus was about to oneshot Ajeel with a casual nuke. He similarly dissipated Ajeel's tidal wave (much more visually impressive than anything Serena has done) just like Gildarts did with Serena. Fact of the matter is the GoI and Jura have been gross victims of the power inflation they are now nothing to Laxus and even Natsu. Heck Erza may even be stronger than Hyberion. Gildarts still has to prove he is out of Laxus's league and hopefully we see Laxus able to let loose without a handicap or debilitating illness to properly judge where the two stand.
As of now my ranking is Gildarts >= Laxus >> Serena = Ajeel = Wahl >> GoI > Tenrou Gildarts.
Nope, when possessed by shadow shadow Rogue talked from second person.
My power is now yours to wield, Rogue.
Gajeel proceeds to ask just who he/it was, and the response is that of a completely different person. I am shadow, the one who controls fate.
I theorize that shadow will make a return in some manner, even if its not using Rogue as a median/host. Either way one thing is for sure, shadow Rogue is not simply Rogue using full power, its a big power boost from an external source. I agree that Sting and Rogue as they were in GMG were not at full power, they were at full power in Tartarus once they gained the POF boost and perfected their teamwork. The POF is actually quite significant, but it does not make them go from being several tiers below Gajeel to being stronger then him.
I don't see anything wrong with Rogue's shadow talking in second person. Many people say things like that especially when they talk to themselves. Juvia talks in third person. That doesn't mean she is a different entity. I see Rogue's shadow very similar to Juvia. They have conflicting minds.
Anyways, I will try my best to explain my reasoning. Rogue uses Shadow Magic. He is one with the shadows. This means he becomes stronger the more he is consumed by them (kind of like how a dragon slayer becomes stronger when they consume their own element). His split personality with the shadow was just a way of resolving his unstable emotions (and with it he became stronger). Remember that the Sabertooth in GMG were not necessarily moral. Rogue was the first one to question Jiemma's principles. Only after Sting became guild master did the guild become an ally of Fairy Tail . Anyways, the more Rogue was being taken over by the shadow, the stronger he became. This is why I believe Shadow-Possessed Rogue was truly his full power.
This leads me to my last point. I don't think we'll see Rogue's shadow again. That was pretty much cleared up in the Avatar Arc. He already learned to conquer the shadows. As a result, he is now a good person and has total control over his magic/abilities. He can go full power whenever he chooses to. The only reason I think Hiro Mashima included this "shadow" to begin with was to boost Rogue's power in the GMG after the twin dragons were pathetically beaten by Natsu.
As for Sting, when he surrendered against Fairy Tail (after the return of Lector), I think that was the turning point in which he became a good person. All he needs to do now is show his power when going all out which we'll probably see eventually.
Well, it depends on how you define stomp. Perhaps I didn't use the right word but my point was that Sting and Rogue have no chance of beating Natsu when he uses LFD.
I'd say Full-Powered Sting or Full-Powered Rogue would beat Base Natsu with High Difficulty. So although you're right that it might not be a stomp (like no difficulty or low difficulty), I'm willing to say LFD Natsu would give him enough power to defeat them with Medium Difficulty. After all, we know how much of a power boost LFD gives Natsu. He went from being unable to defeat Franmalth to utterly killing him. Then he went from standing no chance against Etherious Tempesta to being on par with him.
You certainly have got a point but I think that possessed Rogue was an exceptional introduction of a mysterious power which gave a character who was <<< the power to be > / >> (don't quite remember). So possessed Rogue was a couple of solid tiers above Rogue, heck he was way more powerful than his DF even. I see possessed Rogue beating base GMG Natsu, but I don't see Sting possibly coming close.
But you're right we didn't see Sting's full power with the PoF after defeating Jiemma. He's a guild master after all... (although so is Goldmine and I don't think he's too big of a deal)
Yeah, I totally understand your process of thinking here. Although I do believe Natsu + Gajeel were ahead of Sting + Rogue, I realized that the twin dragon slayers never went all out. Gajeel and Natsu, on the other hand, were actually trying. But with their boost in power from DF, LFD, and ISD, they would definitely be capable of beating Sting + Rogue.
Although I do believe Natsu + Gajeel were ahead of Sting + Rogue, I realized that the twin dragon slayers never went all out. Gajeel and Natsu, on the other hand, were actually trying. But with their boost in power from DF, LFD, and ISD, they would definitely be capable of beating Sting + Rogue.
But on the contrary. When they fought in the GMG, Sting and Rogue had the upper hand round 1, then when Natsu and Gajeel got slightly serious they got the upper hand and then Sting and Rogue were going all out but Natsu managed to dispatch them not even going all out (we're talking here about GMG BASE Natsu overpowering GMG DF Twin dragons) so the gap was massive.
After Sting received the PoF powerup, I don't possibly know how he closed that gap. He closed it at least a little, that's for sure; but there's no way I see GMG PoF Sting beating GMG Base Natsu :S I can see posessed Rogue doing so though. But again, that possession was of an external entity so it was not entirely himself I guess, so it was kind of like a 2 vs 1? (not like it matters since GMG Natsu beat the twin in a 2 vs 1 as well). We know for a fact that possession increased his powoer significantly; but we don't know how GMG PoF Sting compares.