Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
I hardly consider God Serena one of the weakest Spriggans, when he was able to dominate 4 of the strongest mages on the Ishgar continent with ease and without unleashing his full power.

I doubt Laxus would be able to block/overpower most of his combos and Gildarts did it with relative ease. Also, comparing Wahl and God Serena, the latter is definitely not weaker, and we've all seen how exhausted and beaten up Laxus was after miraculously surviving his encounter with Wahl.

All things considered, Gildarts is definitely out of Laxus' league by a long shot.
Wow, he can easily demolish 4 mages with no feats but had nothing but hype. Gildarts throws casual mountain busting punches with Laxus won't dodge since it would probably end him in the first hit.
 

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
Your argument was reasonable until you reached Jura. Jura didn't establish limits because we don't know for a fact whether current Jura is = GMG Jura, slightly superior or vastly superior. If you ask me, it should be somewhere between slightly and vastly superior, since his durability was equalized with that of the GoI, who were claimed to be vastly superior to him.
The factor of not knowing doesn't help your case, that just means your giving even more benefit of the doubt in favour of Serena then you should be.

Also, after GS' assault, the main cast was as unfazed as it was overwhelmed.
Sure, you could say they were temporarily overwhelmed, but at the end of the day they did not even try to counter, and we know that if someone like Natsu tried to counter he could have easily countered. At any point of that magic spam. So yeah, attacks that barely injure the likes of Juvia are bottom of the barrel as far as Spriggan attacks go.

I hardly consider God Serena one of the weakest Spriggans, when he was able to dominate 4 of the strongest mages on the Ishgar continent with ease and without unleashing his full power.
Former strongest mages of Ishgar. With this power inflation, I wouldn't be surprised if even Elfman ends up being stronger then the GoI (individually at least).

I doubt Laxus would be able to block/overpower most of his combos and Gildarts did it with relative ease. Also, comparing Wahl and God Serena, the latter is definitely not weaker, and we've all seen how exhausted and beaten up Laxus was after miraculously surviving his encounter with Wahl.
He overpowered Ajeels tsunami with what probably his weakest attack shown thus far after the time skip (excluding regular punches). And that technique is more impressive then anything Serena has shown yet in all honesty. I'd most certainly say that Serena is weaker then Wahl based on showings, Wahl can similarly spam powerful attacks and they injured a far stronger opponent then the Jura level durability opponents that Serena washed off. Wahl also has far better defences then Serena, basically being impervious to most types of hax.

I don't see anything wrong with Rogue's shadow talking in second person. Many people say things like that especially when they talk to themselves. Juvia talks in third person. That doesn't mean she is a different entity. I see Rogue's shadow very similar to Juvia. They have conflicting minds.
This is all I really need to refute here. Juvia and Rogue are completely incomparable here.

1) The shadow that possessed Rogue has an out of this world title entirely that has absolutely no business with Rogue, the one that controls fate? Yeah no.

2) Characters that know Rogue well such as Gajeel and Frosche don't know who this different entity is. There is no hesitation like, Rogue is that really you? Gajeel outright says get out of his body. And shadow responds with who, Rogues?

3) This entity tells Rogue that he is lending him his power, this is not something anyone does, even if they are known to talk in 3rd person. This is something you could only say in 2nd person because it implies there are two separate sources of power and one of those are lending the other a hand.

4) The nail on the coffin, Mavis says that Rogue is being possessed. Which is defined as someone/thing being possessed by an evil spirit. This isn't Rogue loosing control of his emotions, this is a evil spirit invading Rogue and taking over entirely. This isn't even subjective, this is fact.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
Roar's are fairly easy to discern in terms of power, as it's power is closely related to AoE. Bradman using Rage doesn't mean it's strong just because a Spriggan used it. For instance, Serena used 2 DS spells which were markedly smaller/weaker than in ch470 where he beat the GoI (Hellflame was used in that chapter).

I can agree Bradmans Rage is better than Silver's. But to say it's a Spriggan level roar ie Serena/Natsu/Laxus, I'd disagree to that for sure.
Roar's powers aren't directly correlated to AoE at all, the roar that one shot Bluenote was rather small and Natsu's most powerful roar the Flame Dragon King roar doesn't even have the highest AoE, that would be his very first LFD roar. And why would the moves Serena used be any weaker? The roar has been said to be one of the strongest moves a slayer can use along with the fact in terms of pure offensive power it's the second strongest curse he has.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Never said "low diffing" I said:

Glidartz will be >= or > or >> depending on his performance against God Serena.

and >> = mid or low diff, in this case mid.

So, Glidartz either extreme, high or mid diffs Laxus (depending on his performance against GS).

And I'm conceding a lot here, because IMO God Serena > Laxus. But I'm saying that in the event Glidartz oneshots God Serena, he's gonna mid diff Laxus. That's giving Laxus the benefit of the doubt here and I'm actually positioning with you. Yes, with you, because otherwise, if I were to listen to my subconscious, if God Serena is oneshot by Glidartz, then Laxus would be dead by just Glidartz looking at him. But nope, I'm saying mid diff at most, so... I hope you see I'm conceding here.



Mostly agreed, but Full-Powered Sting = Shadow-Possessed Rogue? Then, GMG Full-powered Sting > GMG Natsu? Sorry but I don't think so.

@BluePegasus you're a fan of hax, others are fans of NLF, I'm not a fan of either so I'll impartially say, I don't know if there's a limit to hax but there should theoretically be (otherwise you understand haxy characters would beat the strongest character without hax in this manga don't you? as in Kyoka > Acnologia). I don't think Mashima implied that hax is omnipotent because then he wouldn't imply Acnologia is the most powerful character in the manga, but Kyoka. So I guess that it doesn't treat everyone equally. That it worked on Tartaros Erza is not necessarily proof that it would work on Current Erza.
You're not really conceding at all, but we already talked about how Serena is lowkey overrated as hell and is just an average Spirggan, but it seem no matter how meh Serena's showings are you're gonna keep putting him on a pedestal he doesn't deserves. As for how Serena does against Gildarts? Go read the spoilers.


As for Sting and Rouge, a possessed Rouge is way above Sting, he was handily beating Gajeel.
 

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
Flame Dragon King roar doesn't even have the highest AoE, that would be his very first LFD roar..
This is blatantly false. FDK roar completely eclipses his first LFD roar, they honestly aren't even comparable. His LFD roar is about as wide as 3-4 houses side-by-side, you could probably fit a village in the crater that Natsus FDK roar left.

Gajeels ISD roar post-shadow absorption, Natsus LFD roar post-lightning absorption and current Natsus basic roar are all also probably larger then that roar. Although I agree that AoE ain't the best of indicators when it comes to AoE of a roar, Laxuses roars tend to be thin beams of electricity for example.
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
This is blatantly false. FDK roar completely eclipses his first LFD roar, they honestly aren't even comparable. His LFD roar is about as wide as 3-4 houses side-by-side, you could probably fit a village in the crater that Natsus FDK roar left.

Gajeels ISD roar post-shadow absorption, Natsus LFD roar post-lightning absorption and current Natsus basic roar are all also probably larger then that roar. Although I agree that AoE ain't the best of indicators when it comes to AoE of a roar, Laxuses roars tend to be thin beams of electricity for example.
Side by side? The LFD roar itself rips through the middle of an Island likely multiple KM big and the shockwave could be visible seen by anyone near the Island. The FDK roar was not as big as some make it out to be.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
You're not really conceding at all, but we already talked about how Serena is lowkey overrated as hell and is just an average Spirggan, but it seem no matter how meh Serena's showings are you're gonna keep putting him on a pedestal he doesn't deserves. As for how Serena does against Gildarts? Go read the spoilers.


As for Sting and Rouge, a possessed Rouge is way above Sting, he was handily beating Gajeel.
You don't understand the heart of the matter...

I don't know if you noticed, the one who's in my profile picture is not God Serena but Glidartz.

This is not me hyping God Serena this is me wanting to believe that the GoI+Jura were something else than pure trash.
This is me not swallowing that Jura didn't improve not even a little, that same mage who posed a threat to GMG Laxus and '"strongest human".
This is me not wanting to swallow that 3 of the mages who were ridiculously hyped to be Ishgar's strongest are utter fodder.

You guys are always "feats this, feats that" but hype and portrayal also matter and you seem to be overlooking it in order to strengthen your arguments. You're just gonna downplay any hype you find is a hindrance for your arguments.

I'm a little bit fed up of this GoI downplaying/hyping to be honest. I don't really want to talk about it anymore because it's nonsense. You're always gonna defend that GoI are fodder because they were defeated by a spriggan and I'm always gonna defend GoI are not fodder because there must be a factor which necessarily made them lose (in this case God Serena being superior to, for example, Ajeel) after all the riciulous hype they received.

If the GoI appear again and they're trashed by any other spriggan the likes of Ajeel, Wahl, Jacob... then I'm gonna go for God Serena = other 9 spriggans and GoI = utter disappointment but so far I'm as entitled to believe otherwise as you are to believe they=fodder.

Serena's showings are AoE and DC lacking I'll give you that, but they seem to do the work just fine, which is to keep them at bay and possibly hurt them a little. Yeah, not super powerful and flashy attacks, they didn't oneshot/twoshot the main cast, heck they didn't even seem too harmed. But they were overwhelmed. They weren't going serious? Ofc not, but neither is Serena.

We don't know what's gonna happen next chapter, who knows, by having Glidartz there at that moment, it looks like Mashima hinted in the previous chapter that he's gonna do a quick job so we should get ready for God Serena losing quickly (although who knows...)
 
Last edited:

~Charging Lightning~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
4,594
Age
29
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but there's no way that Tenrou Natsu's LFD roar was bigger than his FDk roar. In terms of length the tenrou roar MIGHT have been greater since it traveled through the whole island and we don't know how far the FDK roar traveled, but it can't compare at all with the overall radius of the FDK roar.

Wow, he can easily demolish 4 mages with no feats but had nothing but hype. Gildarts throws casual mountain busting punches with Laxus won't dodge since it would probably end him in the first hit.
Laxus won't dodge? Wow, I didn't know that Laxus was so stupid that he would purposely stand there and let Gildarts hit him. I guess being S-class doesn't guarantee that you have common sense after all...
 

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
Current empyrean to the face could probably do a number on Laxus (even then I highly doubt it would one-shot him), but its also requires Gildarts to actually hit him in the face. I doubt Gildarts would even be able to tag current Laxus, the second fastest character in the series excluding teleportation and hype (like current Jellals meteor speed) let alone hit him in the face. I still have Laxus Mid-High diff'ing Gildarts if Gildarts most impressive feat in his fight with Serena is him one-shotting with empyrean (his strongest known attack).

Side by side? The LFD roar itself rips through the middle of an Island likely multiple KM big and the shockwave could be visible seen by anyone near the Island. The FDK roar was not as big as some make it out to be.
I thought you meant the first LFD roar with his own MP. Either way its still not true.


That crater is absolutely enormous. Its wider then hundreds (maybe thousands) of people side-by-side and despite the birds eye view of the crater we still don't see where it ends. Like I said, you'd be able to fit a village into that even the Tenrou LFD roar doesn't compare. FDK roar total area >>>>>>>>>> Tenrou LFD roar.
 
Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
I thought you meant the first LFD roar with his own MP. Either way its still not true.


That crater is absolutely enormous. Its wider then hundreds (maybe thousands) of people side-by-side and despite the birds eye view of the crater we still don't see where it ends. Like I said, you'd be able to fit a village into that even the Tenrou LFD roar doesn't compare. FDK roar total area >>>>>>>>>> Tenrou LFD roar.

The crater itself is pretty large but it only looks like it's a couple of 100 meters, heck despite the seemingly LARGE blast it only took down around 900 fodder soldiers. Though you might have a point as we do not see where the roar itself ends. While if one would be larger than the other it wouldn't be >>>>>>>>> that's just over exaggerating it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You don't understand the heart of the matter...

I don't know if you noticed, the one who's in my profile picture is not God Serena but Glidartz.

This is not me hyping God Serena this is me wanting to believe that the GoI+Jura were something else than pure trash.
This is me not swallowing that Jura didn't improve not even a little, that same mage who posed a threat to GMG Laxus and '"strongest human".
This is me not wanting to swallow that 3 of the mages who were ridiculously hyped to be Ishgar's strongest are utter fodder.

You guys are always "feats this, feats that" but hype and portrayal also matter and you seem to be overlooking it in order to strengthen your arguments. You're just gonna downplay any hype you find is a hindrance for your arguments.

I'm a little bit fed up of this GoI downplaying/hyping to be honest. I don't really want to talk about it anymore because it's nonsense. You're always gonna defend that GoI are fodder because they were defeated by a spriggan and I'm always gonna defend GoI are not fodder because there must be a factor which necessarily made them lose (in this case God Serena being superior to, for example, Ajeel) after all the riciulous hype they received.

If the GoI appear again and they're trashed by any other spriggan the likes of Ajeel, Wahl, Jacob... then I'm gonna go for God Serena = other 9 spriggans and GoI = utter disappointment but so far I'm as entitled to believe otherwise as you are to believe they=fodder.

Serena's showings are AoE and DC lacking I'll give you that, but they seem to do the work just fine, which is to keep them at bay and possibly hurt them a little. Yeah, not super powerful and flashy attacks, they didn't oneshot/twoshot the main cast, heck they didn't even seem too harmed. But they were overwhelmed. They weren't going serious? Ofc not, but neither is Serena.


Nothing really points a the GoI being anything worth shit in this arc compared to the main cast. I use hype and portrayal a lot actually but trying to hype someone solely based on their Wziard Saint rank isn't just good enough anymore. It's been shown time and time again they're multiple mages outside the Wizard Saint group that are stronger than the people in the group , on top of the rankings themselves are incredibly outdated.



The GoI have yet to dis[;ay they're comparable to Spirggans or the more powerful good guys, heck one of the GoI said that he isn't even that strong (which is true due to the nature of his magic).


God Serena's showings of DC and AoE aren't exactly stellar either, the main cast was literally unaffected when taking his attacks, while in fact the GoI already got dropped once when Serena wasn't even using dragon slaying magic. Again the main cast was overwhelmed? Please stop this joke, getting held back for a second or two is not being overwhelmed.



Oh yeah that's another reason the GoI are trash. They got dropped by non-dragon slaying magic while the main cast were literally unaffected by twpo drgaon lsaying attacks, bar Juvia who showd slight discomfort.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Shoutmon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
754
Reaction score
1,483
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
In terms of width, the FDK roar is definitely larger than the tenrou LFD roar. This can easily be seen when you compare the two:


vs


However, like it's been stated, we weren't shown how far the FDK roar had traveled, so in terms of width:

FDK roar >> Tenrou LFD roar.

in terms of length:

FDK roar ?? Tenrou LFD roar.

edit: lol sorry @~Charging Lightning~ , just realised that I basically said the same thing you did XD.
 
Last edited:

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
Nothing really points a the GoI being anything worth shit in this arc compared to the main cast. I use hype and portrayal a lot actually but trying to hype someone solely based on their Wziard Saint rank isn't just good enough anymore. It's been shown time and time again they're multiple mages outside the Wizard Saint group that are stronger than the people in the group , on top of the rankings themselves are incredibly outdated.



The GoI have yet to dis[;ay they're comparable to Spirggans or the more powerful good guys, heck one of the GoI said that he isn't even that strong (which is true due to the nature of his magic).


God Serena's showings of DC and AoE aren't exactly stellar either, the main cast was literally unaffected when taking his attacks, while in fact the GoI already got dropped once when Serena wasn't even using dragon slaying magic. Again the main cast was overwhelmed? Please stop this joke, getting held back for a second or two is not being overwhelmed.



Oh yeah that's another reason the GoI are trash. They got dropped by non-dragon slaying magic while the main cast were literally unaffected by twpo drgaon lsaying attacks, bar Juvia who showd slight discomfort.
Well I agree WS is borderline relevant level in this arc. Hype put GoI >>>>>> WS, but being critical I guess Ooba was exaggerating. I still guess that GoI > WS though. Makes total sense, right? They are WS, but the most powerful ones after all. Unless Makarov turns out to be stronger than the GoI+Jura (which wouldn't shock me tbh considering how trashy the 4 looked after their performance).

You seem to be getting me wrong. I'm not one of those users who think that one thing is either black or white. I understand your points and I respect them, there's solid logic there. I'm not saying "the GoI are definetely around as strong as current Erza individually so the only reason God Serena fodderized them is because God Serena is a high tier spriggan".

I'm merely giving them the benefit of the doubt, I'm not excluding the possibility they turn out not to be sheer fodder canon.

What would you think if they make an appearance and they actually manage to beat a spriggan?

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they appeared and were fodderized again, but I wouldn't be surprised if they beat a Spriggan either.

You're always downplaying Warrod. Don't forget he created a 2000 km thick and solid tree, and the creation was extra fast. Now imagine something like that hitting you. You know, +speed = + weight, I think getting hit by that is pretty lethal. He only used his magic to entrap God Serena but imagine if he went on the offensive. I see him as an empowered version of Gray, you know. Like "tree make" being similar to "ice make" but with more MP in it. Not discarding the possibility of Gray having greater amounts of MP than Warrod by now, but you know, elderly always seem to have more MP...

The off panel fight is not even worth mentioning. I don't think Mashima even thought of another kind of magic for Serena so it's likely the scene with the GoI on the floor and GS unscratched was merely to hype the spriggans (PIS if you ask me). Heck, Serena was even surprised at the magic of the 4 contendants so it's likely they didn't even get to exchange spells. But that's all assumption. BTW yeah, you're right that it makes them look like even more trash indeed. I mean it's not a fact that his non dragon slaying magic is not as powerful as his dragon slaying magic, but let's assume his non dragon slaying magic is shitty magic, then the GoI are more than shitty.

Anyway, I'm not here to say: hey the GoI are powerful and God Serena is > other spriggans.

I'm here not to exclude that possibility.
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
Well I agree WS is borderline relevant level in this arc. Hype put GoI >>>>>> WS, but being critical I guess Ooba was exaggerating. I still guess that GoI > WS though. Makes total sense, right? They are WS, but the most powerful ones after all. Unless Makarov turns out to be stronger than the GoI+Jura (which wouldn't shock me tbh considering how trashy the 4 looked after their performance).

You seem to be getting me wrong. I'm not one of those users who think that one thing is either black or white. I understand your points and I respect them, there's solid logic there. I'm not saying "the GoI are definetely around as strong as current Erza individually so the only reason God Serena fodderized them is because God Serena is a high tier spriggan".

I'm merely giving them the benefit of the doubt, I'm not excluding the possibility they turn out not to be sheer fodder canon.

What would you think if they make an appearance and they actually manage to beat a spriggan?

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they appeared and were fodderized again, but I wouldn't be surprised if they beat a Spriggan either.

You're always downplaying Warrod. Don't forget he created a 2000 km thick and solid tree, and the creation was extra fast. Now imagine something like that hitting you. You know, +speed = + weight, I think getting hit by that is pretty lethal. He only used his magic to entrap God Serena but imagine if he went on the offensive. I see him as an empowered version of Gray, you know. Like "tree make" being similar to "ice make" but with more MP in it. Not discarding the possibility of Gray having greater amounts of MP than Warrod by now, but you know, elderly always seem to have more MP...

The off panel fight is not even worth mentioning. I don't think Mashima even thought of another kind of magic for Serena so it's likely the scene with the GoI on the floor and GS unscratched was merely to hype the spriggans (PIS if you ask me). Heck, Serena was even surprised at the magic of the 4 contendants so it's likely they didn't even get to exchange spells. But that's all assumption. BTW yeah, you're right that it makes them look like even more trash indeed. I mean it's not a fact that his non dragon slaying magic is not as powerful as his dragon slaying magic, but let's assume his non dragon slaying magic is shitty magic, then the GoI are more than shitty.

Anyway, I'm not here to say: hey the GoI are powerful and God Serena is > other spriggans.

I'm here not to exclude that possibility.
The GoI could be >>>>The rest of the WS during the time GMG but even then that doesn't make them comparable to any Spirggan. Each meme of the GoI could be >>>>GMG Jura and could still not be a threat this arc power wise because the gap is just that big.

Why do they get the benefit of the doubt when they've been straight trash? And yes if they beat a Spriggan I'd be so surprised, they all couldn't even put a scratch on Serena yet they beat another Spirggan? Maybe if it was Neinhart when he had no Historias but that's about it.


Warrod's tree themselves did nothing to Serena and it's apparently obvious his magic is more support based if anything. While his magic is impressive and if this was during the last time skip he would be among the top dogs potentially but not now.


Why isn't the off-panel fight worth mentioning? Mashima made it abundantly clear that he won without using his main magic. He wasn't even surprised when the GoI launched their counter attack and expected them to be able to do at leat that much. I'm just surprised someone like you would have so much faith in a group soo shitty, the only one of them who should promise was Hyperion.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
The GoI could be >>>>The rest of the WS during the time GMG but even then that doesn't make them comparable to any Spirggan. Each meme of the GoI could be >>>>GMG Jura and could still not be a threat this arc power wise because the gap is just that big.
Yeah I agree

Why do they get the benefit of the doubt when they've been straight trash? And yes if they beat a Spriggan I'd be so surprised, they all couldn't even put a scratch on Serena yet they beat another Spirggan? Maybe if it was Neinhart when he had no Historias but that's about it.
I begin to lose faith in them due to the fact that in my head the timeskip has created a gap that I see bigger and bigger every time. It's still hard to believe for me that top tier characters a timeskip ago are complete fodder 1 year later so I want to stick to the possibility of seeing them shine. It's not like I'm a super fan it's just that I don't want characters with potential to go to waste on a whim. There were other ways to portray that the spriggans were extremely powerful other than fodderizing Ishgar's mightiest forces. Wouldn't it have been more credible if they had all been current Erza tier? I mean it'd make perfect sense for pre-time skip top tiers to be current Erza level. I mean it's like current Laxus >>> current Erza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GoI >>> current Jura >= GMG Jura. Woudln't it be more feasible something like current Laxus >>> current Erza >= GoI >>> current Jura >= GMG Jura?

Warrod's tree themselves did nothing to Serena and it's apparently obvious his magic is more support based if anything. While his magic is impressive and if this was during the last time skip he would be among the top dogs potentially but not now.
His magic is similar to molding magic. He can create trees out of nowhere, he can modify their shape, their thickness, their length and their speed of creation, their direction, etc. It just looks similar to me to something like Gray's magic, but with trees instead of ice spikes. I can see Warrod being an offensive type. Just look at characters like Hashirama.

Why isn't the off-panel fight worth mentioning? Mashima made it abundantly clear that he won without using his main magic. He wasn't even surprised when the GoI launched their counter attack and expected them to be able to do at leat that much. I'm just surprised someone like you would have so much faith in a group soo shitty, the only one of them who should promise was Hyperion.
God Serena's 'native' magic will likely not be shown nor mentioned again so it was but a means to say: hey I'm so powerful I don't even need to use my 'main'(in case DS magic is his main) magic to defeat you. I think that offpaneling was like Mashima saying: glimpse the power of a Spriggan, more than: there was actually a battle. I actually don't think there was a battle at all, I think round 1 was GoI being oneshot, then they just got up and began to fight rather seriously.

Also, and for the third time mate, don't take it as me wanting to defend the group, it's rather me wanting to understand how the GoI went from being top tiers to being lisanna tiers. I want to understand why it is current Erza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hyberion and not Erza >= Hyberion. There must be a limits to power inflation, not even Mashima could make it so unreal. I mean 1 year and top tier mages have become fodder? does it make sense to you at all?

Let's see what happens if they appear again.
 

~Charging Lightning~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
4,594
Age
29
Country
United States
Current empyrean to the face could probably do a number on Laxus (even then I highly doubt it would one-shot him), but its also requires Gildarts to actually hit him in the face. I doubt Gildarts would even be able to tag current Laxus, the second fastest character in the series excluding teleportation and hype (like current Jellals meteor speed) let alone hit him in the face. I still have Laxus Mid-High diff'ing Gildarts if Gildarts most impressive feat in his fight with Serena is him one-shotting with empyrean (his strongest known attack).
^This exactly. Only thing I'm iffy about is whether or not Laxus can beat Gildarts. I feel like even though Laxus is much more agile and faster than Gildarts, Gildarts would still probably win.

In terms of width, the FDK roar is definitely larger than the tenrou LFD roar. This can easily be seen when you compare the two:


vs


However, like it's been stated, we weren't shown how far the FDK roar had traveled, so in terms of width:

FDK roar >> Tenrou LFD roar.

in terms of length:

FDK roar ?? Tenrou LFD roar.

edit: lol sorry @~Charging Lightning~ , just realised that I basically said the same thing you did XD.
It's all good bro. You actually provided more evidence than I did by posting the panels and comparing the. :super
 
Last edited:

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
The crater itself is pretty large but it only looks like it's a couple of 100 meters, heck despite the seemingly LARGE blast it only took down around 900 fodder soldiers. Though you might have a point as we do not see where the roar itself ends. While if one would be larger than the other it wouldn't be >>>>>>>>> that's just over exaggerating it.
In terms of width, the FDK roar is definitely larger than the tenrou LFD roar. This can easily be seen when you compare the two:

FDK roar ?? Tenrou LFD roar.

You guys overrate Tenrous size. Its a very small island. Acnologia is not completely dwarfed (to the point of barely being seen) by his own expanded roar, which is naturally larger then the island itself. Natsus Tenrou LFD roar being 3/4 the length of Tenrou is really not that impressive compared to the crater that the FDK roar left. I'd argue that what is seen of the length alone is enough to cover Tenrou island, we don't even need to know when it actually ends. As for width its really not even a contest, the LFD roar is about as wide as a few trees. The FDK roar is easily multiple times wider, and when I say multiple I mean in the double digits. Overall the FDK roars area is much much much greater.

^This exactly. Only thing I'm iffy about is whether or not Laxus can beat Gildarts. I feel like even though Laxus is much more agile and faster than Gildarts, Gildarts would still probably win.
I'll put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised anymore if Gildarts is indeed stronger then Laxus. I'm simply not sold if the sole evidence is him potentially defeating Serena with ease as I don't view Serena as anything especially noteworthy in regards to power among the Spriggan, unfortunately.
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States

You guys overrate Tenrous size. Its a very small island. Acnologia is not completely dwarfed (to the point of barely being seen) by his own expanded roar, which is naturally larger then the island itself. Natsus Tenrou LFD roar being 3/4 the length of Tenrou is really not that impressive compared to the crater that the FDK roar left. I'd argue that what is seen of the length alone is enough to cover Tenrou island, we don't even need to know when it actually ends. As for width its really not even a contest, the LFD roar is about as wide as a few trees. The FDK roar is easily multiple times wider, and when I say multiple I mean in the double digits. Overall the FDK roars area is much much much greater.



I'll put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised anymore if Gildarts is indeed stronger then Laxus. I'm simply not sold if the sole evidence is him potentially defeating Serena with ease as I don't view Serena as anything especially noteworthy in regards to power among the Spriggan, unfortunately.
Anything looks small from an aerial view bud. If you watch the animated version then you should know how large the island actually is. Natus FDK roar isn't going to tunnel the earth.
 

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
Anything looks small from an aerial view bud. If you watch the animated version then you should know how large the island actually is. Natus FDK roar isn't going to tunnel the earth.
I'm not talking about the first arial view panel, I'm talking about the second panel ground perspective in which we still see Acnologia hovering above the island, and its a perspective that encompasses the entire island and then some (the expanded roar). We have plenty good manga panels that depict how small the island is, I'm not going with the anime over the manga.
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
Yeah I agree
U_U


I begin to lose faith in them due to the fact that in my head the timeskip has created a gap that I see bigger and bigger every time. It's still hard to believe for me that top tier characters a timeskip ago are complete fodder 1 year later so I want to stick to the possibility of seeing them shine. It's not like I'm a super fan it's just that I don't want characters with potential to go to waste on a whim. There were other ways to portray that the spriggans were extremely powerful other than fodderizing Ishgar's mightiest forces. Wouldn't it have been more credible if they had all been current Erza tier? I mean it'd make perfect sense for pre-time skip top tiers to be current Erza level. I mean it's like current Laxus >>> current Erza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GoI >>> current Jura >= GMG Jura. Woudln't it be more feasible something like current Laxus >>> current Erza >= GoI >>> current Jura >= GMG Jura?
It's been made very clear that characters that were top tiers a year ago wouldn't be shit here currently. A prime example of this is Jura. I mean sure they were better ways but that's what happened. No, it really wouldn't be that credible for them to be Erza tier simply due to the HUGE power inflation the main cast went through. It make sense for top tier character pre skip to be Erza level? No, because that would mean cats like Jura would be able to give an average Spirggan a decent fight. Laxus>>Erza>GoI>Jura




His magic is similar to molding magic. He can create trees out of nowhere, he can modify their shape, their thickness, their length and their speed of creation, their direction, etc. It just looks similar to me to something like Gray's magic, but with trees instead of ice spikes. I can see Warrod being an offensive type. Just look at characters like Hashirama.
I wouldn't say that the way Hashirama applies and manipulates his wood is different. His magic has potenial but the way he's using it currently, no.

God Serena's 'native' magic will likely not be shown nor mentioned again so it was but a means to say: hey I'm so powerful I don't even need to use my 'main'(in case DS magic is his main) magic to defeat you. I think that offpaneling was like Mashima saying: glimpse the power of a Spriggan, more than: there was actually a battle. I actually don't think there was a battle at all, I think round 1 was GoI being oneshot, then they just got up and began to fight rather seriously.
That's even worse. Them getting dropped by Serena's weaker magic. While if the GoI were simply used to hype Serena as a collective they mustn't even be that strong.

Also, and for the third time mate, don't take it as me wanting to defend the group, it's rather me wanting to understand how the GoI went from being top tiers to being lisanna tiers. I want to understand why it is current Erza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hyberion and not Erza >= Hyberion. There must be a limits to power inflation, not even Mashima could make it so unreal. I mean 1 year and top tier mages have become fodder? does it make sense to you at all?

Let's see what happens if they appear again.



The same reason Laxus went from having a high-dif with Jura and no he's at the point where he can one-shot him. Why is Erza>>>>>>Hyperion? Erza could actually push a Spirggan one on one while Hyperion with Jura, Warrod and Wholfhiem got stomped one sidely. It may not makes sense but it happeed.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'm not talking about the first arial view panel, I'm talking about the second panel ground perspective in which we still see Acnologia hovering above the island, and its a perspective that encompasses the entire island and then some (the expanded roar). We have plenty good manga panels that depict how small the island is, I'm not going with the anime over the manga.
LOL that's perspective that makes the Island look small what the hell. We've seen Acnologia physically on the Island and he's not that big compared to it.
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I said I can't know what you are thinking so I don't know the exact flaw in your argument (and there certainly was one) don't know how you spun it in any other way.



See, you call someone else foolish despite it being your fault that you completely lost track of the argument. You lost my friend.



You are the one that continued the debate and started talking about how giants are more durable then regular sized people and thus Makarov is most durable due to his size. Which is what I contested. You are not hard to pick apart, polish your arguments, grow up and then you can be arrogant.

Keep in mind that these were some of the earliest posts in the debate, what I have said here and you claim I just said is nothing new, I have said it from the beginning.
It's as the guys said, skin can be sliced or pierced regardless of power level. August was cut by a knife, off guard though. Check your crystal ball to see if it's working because if you did you'd read my mind and see how it is.

Don't make excuses. You agreed that you were wrong, yet you say I continued it. It's in your same comment that you kept going on and on. Reversed or not you claimed to not see my flaw because you can't read my mind. Same thing. I never said Makarov is the most durable. I said being a giant increases his durability. You claimed it was endurance. Remember? How much do you plan on twisting the story around? Lastly, you said before that I was being arrogant, and here you say to grow up and then I can be arrogant. That's two different things and you can't pick which one I am. I am easy to pick apart? Is that not arrogance? When has anyone picked me apart? Not from a deceitful frustrated mind reader. Not at all. You are the one making excuses for your previous posts, trying to clear your name. Who picked who apart? lol too easy. btw weasel and deceitful are two words with similar definition. If there is soemone acting like a little brother here that I wished to disown it would be you. Quit being a brat. Man up and deal with it. Stop making excuses. You aren't the source that decides what is right or wrong. Give what you got and we'll see who has more logical reasoning. No crystal balls or mind reading proves any point in debates. That's just arrogance, and arrogance comes from fear and insecurity. It's also brittle and weak.

If you want to keep going, someone will be picked apart if they are that scared to just admit how things happened. Feel free to play games in your head, but reality is something you can't change. Drag this on if you please. Don't blame me for replying back. You yourself could man up and quit yourself too. I apologized many time because I hurt your little feelings, but if you don't stop you'll learn the really hard way why you don't trash others, don't belittle them. It isn't working.
 
Last edited:

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
It's as the guys said, skin can be sliced or pierced regardless of power level. August was cut by a knife, off guard though. Check your crystal ball to see if it's working because if you did you'd read my mind and see how it is.

Don't make excuses. You agreed that you were wrong, yet you say I continued it. It's in your same comment that you kept going on and on. Reversed or not you claimed to not see my flaw because you can't read my mind. Same thing. I never said Makarov is the most durable. I said being a giant increases his durability. You claimed it was endurance. Remember? How much do you plan on twisting the story around? Lastly, you said before that I was being arrogant, and here you say to grow up and then I can be arrogant. That's two different things and you can't pick which one I am. I am easy to pick apart? Is that not arrogance? When has anyone picked me apart? Not from a deceitful frustrated mind reader. Not at all. You are the one making excuses for your previous posts, trying to clear your name. Who picked who apart? lol too easy. btw weasel and deceitful are two words with similar definition. If there is soemone acting like a little brother here that I wished to disown it would be you. Quit being a brat. Man up and deal with it. Stop making excuses. You aren't the source that decides what is right or wrong. Give what you got and we'll see who has more logical reasoning. No crystal balls or mind reading proves any point in debates. That's just arrogance, and arrogance comes from fear and insecurity. It's also brittle and weak.
No, August is the only one among the spriggan 12 that can be cut with a butter knife despite his stregnth, I've already discussed this in another debate that a knife is NOT more powerful than a punch that break down walls, a roar that can melt rock etc,
 
Top