Games Mafia Game 50 - Bleach: The Summer War - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Hoping Philia is mafia so we can test our power \o/
Altho there will be only 2 we could use... I have no idea how we'd decide who to block or protect and how that would be any helpful if there's another mafia among us to spill the beans about our power to the rest of the scums lol
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Last edited:

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
At this rate we're gonna have 3-4 people dead by night 1.

Good, Good
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Hoping Philia is mafia so we can test our power \o/
Altho there will be only 2 we could use... I have no idea how we'd decide who to block or protect and how that would be any helpful if there's another mafia among us to spill the beans about our power to the rest of the scums lol
Two? How can we use two in this situation? I thought we have only one power to trigger at this stage.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,092
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I have absolutely no idea who to vote for, I don't have any suspects so far, honestly don't want to bandwagon anyone. I'm just going to cast a random vote.

Votekill Mazino
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
So, in short (not really):

* Special powers aren't completely different from what we normally have in the games. Number 3 acts like a Prostitute ability, for example.
* It makes less sense to make a special power like that and include Prostitute or Mortician (Correct me if I'm wrong, I remember this role as the dead body investigator) in the Town regardless. That would take away from the unique ability and the Town's ability to use it properly would not matter.
* To trigger special powers, it's more beneficial to keep killing people from your own faction.
* If the Mafia members are evenly distributed between the factions -which may or may not be true, but can be considered likely at least-, we will have to keep track of the odds after each voting. In this case, if Philia is Mafia, and we have a 2+2 = 4 Mafia player setup, we would have a 1/7 chance amongst the rest of the Visored faction to hit another Mafia member. And that would be 2/8 for Captain's faction.
* If a Town person dies in the night, depending on which faction he belongs to, the above odds would change, as well. If they kill a Captain Townie, it'd be 2/7 for us to find a Mafia amongst them. If they kill a Visored Townie, it'd be 1/6 for us to find a Mafia amongst them.
* TL;DR for the above two points from a mathematical perspective, to preserve better odds of finding Mafia, it looks better to alternate between factions rather than keep killing a person from one faction only.

All in all, I see more benefit in thinking about the potential of Day 2 here to figure out what to do.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I gotta get ready for work...
Gonna votekill erin for now...
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
So, in short (not really):

* Special powers aren't completely different from what we normally have in the games. Number 3 acts like a Prostitute ability, for example.
* It makes less sense to make a special power like that and include Prostitute or Mortician (Correct me if I'm wrong, I remember this role as the dead body investigator) in the Town regardless. That would take away from the unique ability and the Town's ability to use it properly would not matter.
* To trigger special powers, it's more beneficial to keep killing people from your own faction.
* If the Mafia members are evenly distributed between the factions -which may or may not be true, but can be considered likely at least-, we will have to keep track of the odds after each voting. In this case, if Philia is Mafia, and we have a 2+2 = 4 Mafia player setup, we would have a 1/7 chance amongst the rest of the Visored faction to hit another Mafia member. And that would be 2/8 for Captain's faction.
* If a Town person dies in the night, depending on which faction he belongs to, the above odds would change, as well. If they kill a Captain Townie, it'd be 2/7 for us to find a Mafia amongst them. If they kill a Visored Townie, it'd be 1/6 for us to find a Mafia amongst them.
* TL;DR for the above two points from a mathematical perspective, to preserve better odds of finding Mafia, it looks better to alternate between factions rather than keep killing a person from one faction only.

All in all, I see more benefit in thinking about the potential of Day 2 here to figure out what to do.

Those powers are one time use and under somewhat hard to reach, so I honestly don't think blocking ability excludes the possibility of prostitute in game for certain. Though the point is pretty good balancing-wise, and I'm certainly gonna look into the powers right now, since I've already forgotten most of them.

But mostly I agree with you and great post. Though we can't take it for granted that each faction has 2 mafia. Technically speaking it should always be completly random. But who knows what Panda has cooked up.
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
So Philia is going to be killed just like that?
Did I miss something on him getting bandwagoned?
He might as well start hinting something about his role...
Anyway, since time is almost up, I'll cast a random vote, as I totally don't have any suspects for now.

Votekill Demonspeed
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Those powers are one time use and under somewhat hard to reach, so I honestly don't think blocking ability excludes the possibility of prostitute in game for certain. Though the point is pretty good balancing-wise, and I'm certainly gonna look into the powers right now, since I've already forgotten most of them.

But mostly I agree with you and great post. Though we can't take it for granted that each faction has 2 mafia. Technically speaking it should always be completly random. But who knows what Panda has cooked up.
True point. It's not going to be easy to trigger the latter powers. To be frank, it looks more like an endgame tool more so than something that leads you to clear conclusion at this stage.
It's just that the incentive for the hosts to include these roles within the setup might not be as strong or I so theorize.

The distribution part cannot be known for sure, of course. It's just what I find more likely to balance the "Kill one faction until it's halved" trigger at this point.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
So Philia is going to be killed just like that?
Did I miss something on him getting bandwagoned?
He might as well start hinting something about his role...
Anyway, since time is almost up, I'll cast a random vote, as I totally don't have any suspects for now.

Votekill Demonspeed
Well he hinted at being a bomb but we shall see
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Personally I don't get why this Philia-wagon formed, but if he turns out to be town, I'd said there is a pretty good chance atleast one of the people voting him is a mafia, so that narrows down suspects for tomorrow. With any luck, Phil is a bomb and takes down one.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
I dont understand philia thing either people were rather quick to jump on this. Well hopefully we are lucky enough to kill a mafia
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
a bit more than 1 hour left would be nice if host could count some votes
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
15/16
Philia 5x (Holt, digitaldude, James Rye, xi0,Demonspeed)
Demonspeed 2x (Philia, Zasz)
g01 2x (lawlett-kun, Lovemagi)
lawlett-kun 1x (Ustegius)
Lovemagi 1x (Hakuteiken)
Ustegius 1x (Farfalla)
Holt 1x (g01)
Mazino 1x (Erinyes)
Erinyes 1x (gnut)

Panel Time // Time Left This Phase
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top