Games Mafia Game 50 - Bleach: The Summer War - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
For me DD and magi most suspicious.
Like ust pointed out, DD's actions during last day was so suspicious.
About magi... Well not that I have something about her but what is with her last post?
Though gary is also dangerous too.
Nothing on me you mention but I am supicious 'cuz of my last post? rofl wut ok xd. Clarification, please.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's correct. I always scheme grandiose things, as a Townie or a Mafia.
However, I didn't really omit anything. I was merely going by the sample at the hand. It doesn't mean much if the person was Philia or it was the first day. That was my overall logic.
Ah, with that being said, one other thing my hypothesis didn't include was the possibility of two Townies or a Townie and a Mafia dying together, because it was presented before Philia's bomb claim. With that in mind, it becomes even more incomplete.

Like you said and I confirmed, I always scheme grandiose things, as a Townie or Mafia. Switching after a Mafia kill is still reasonable to pull off (that is, provided, we can get a Mafia lynched), and much more flashy as a move for either party, rather than following a number-prioritizing strategy. I'd rather go with the way I suggested, but that doesn't mean the rest of the players will follow suit.

Planting this idea and waiting for it to be triggered still makes very little sense for a Mafia player. With a 2+2 faction setup, after that Mafia kill, it'd have to be 2+1, and going by my hypothesis, I'd be suggesting to go and kill someone from the faction that includes more Mafia players to choose from. In short, rather than scattering people from my teammates, I'd be leading the Town to where more Mafia members reside.
The only scenario that I could see this benefiting a Mafia player is if there was a 3+1 setup and a Mafia from that 3-person faction was killed subsequently. However, even if I hate it, I have to admit this actually goes a bit above my level as a player, since I'd have to construct a scenario in which one of those people would have to be me (because if I wasn't one of the three, I'd be leading the Town towards myself), and two more, from which one of them would have to be lynched. All in all, this is a bit more niche than my theorizing can handle.
Any suspects kute?

:XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Nothing on me you mention but I am supicious 'cuz of my last post? rofl wut ok xd. Clarification, please.
g01 trying to spread it around love-chwan....
Lil suspect here a lil suspect there....:heh

I'm looking at Erin,DD and holt...personally I think if Gary was something important or mafia...he wouldn't have gotten penalties.....but that's me
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Any suspects kute?

:XD
Below is my notes for now if you want to read.

Holt - He might be a Mafia or a Townie with a strong role, since he's off to an aggressive start.
xi0 - Either wanted to get rid of Philia (as a person xD) that badly or.. There is no "or", he is difficult to read as per usual.
go1 - He has been repetitive for the most part, but then again, this is how he is, so, maybe I'm overthinking this part.
gnut - Not a special role for him is his Day 2 claim. His Mafia play seemed a bit more upbeat to me in the past, so I'll take his word. For now, that is.
Erinyes- She said she will be busy early on -before the game started-, so, not much to read into for now. Have to wait for some activity.
Lovemagi - Hasn't really said anything noteworthy Day 1. Claimed to have a conditionally useful role Day 2. Not much, but better than nothing.
~
Mazino - Don't recall what sort of player he was from before. He might be a Mafia guy, since I do recall his Mafia play a tiny bit, but that's a big "might" for now, since he didn't really talk Day 1.
Zasz - Mostly afk as per usual. I don't like this style that much, but this is how he often plays, so this might not be a sign.
Ustegius - Helpful person in progression and moving the game forward. I trust him to a degree, since he sounds logical.
Farfalla - Plays pro-Townie for most part, which is her style. Digs more stuff out of others. Trustworthy to a degree, but then again, she kinda always is, so, there is that.
digitaldude - Had a weird slip-up after his initial classic troll Day 1 vote. Might be a potential suspect.
lawlett-kun - I have a hunch that he is likely to have a boring Townie role, but I will have to wait.

Bonus: Haku - Well I do claim to have a somewhat uneventful role. I wouldn't call it outright boring, but this isn't Badass Cowboy level craze, so to speak.

This makes Holt and digitaldude are my initial suspects from each faction. Too early to call it anything but a hunch, however.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well, out for the night. I will be back in action in like 8 hours or so.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
As for the conclusion part, yeah, I have to admit I didn't understand the planting an idea part and whatnot, since, for a planted idea to succeed, you need to feed it, and in this case, a Townie's death doesn't do that, and in fact, refutes it in contrast. Enlighten me where I'm missing stuff.
It doesn't need to be fed right away. The game has many phases, we could expect at least 3 Days at least if things don't go super bad for one side, so you'd have opportunity to feed it later. Plus, it wasn't an aggressive attempt. So it's not like you're obliged to pick it up. If later you couldn't find an opportunity to go on with it, it didn't cause you any harm either. But yeah I'll insist that simply saying that in case a mafia dies we should lynch the other faction could help mafia to dilute their numbers and could be a sutile but effective strategy for a culprit to pull off.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Nothing on me you mention but I am supicious 'cuz of my last post? rofl wut ok xd. Clarification, please.
Tbh your last post stood out to me cause you wrote quite a lot without really saying anything, you just went around facts.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
xi0 posted only twice during the day, so there should be a penalty vote coming. On his first post he boastingly joined the leading lynch train without any explanation. Definetly eye catching.
Well, according to the "official" rules, I guess I should be hostkilled and banned......but that hasn't been the policy for a long-ass time, nor was it for a majority of the time the game has been played.

xi0 3x (Penalty, Penalty, Penalty)
Three penalty votes? wtf is this shit? I was 1 post off of meeting the requirement. Why do I get 3 penalty votes? :oh
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh btw, I caught up with the thread a bit later in the day, and latched onto voting Philia out because it felt more "to the quick" of the first phase than trying to appear "random" and voting for someone who had no chance of getting lynched. The latter is a typical tactic people with something to hide usually use IMO. But I guess you can make of it what you want.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Tempted for one last post xD

It doesn't need to be fed right away. The game has many phases, we could expect at least 3 Days at least if things don't go super bad for one side, so you'd have opportunity to feed it later. Plus, it wasn't an aggressive attempt. So it's not like you're obliged to pick it up. If later you couldn't find an opportunity to go on with it, it didn't cause you any harm either. But yeah I'll insist that simply saying that in case a mafia dies we should lynch the other faction could help mafia to dilute their numbers and could be a sutile but effective strategy for a culprit to pull off.
While true, this sort of early planning would have less relevance at the latter stages when both factions are likely to have less people to go around.
Well, I believe my original wording wasn't as strong like yours, but in this respect, if a Mafia dies, we should just lynch another player who is a suspect. The strategy I proposed applied to a condition which is now not met and it was only as a template.
To be frank, it's not really even a strategy per se. It only serves as a stoppage against people trying to bandwagon a certain faction all the time (because I hate bandwagons based on stereotypical information), relying on the faction population getting halved trigger. So, the point is, when you hit a Mafia, you will get a look at the other faction's pool of players and go through the respective suspects, as well. In a balanced Mafia distribution case, you will be more likely to be successful when there are more Mafia members that are included in whichever pool.

Could this way of game play can help Mafia? I think it could. Could it help Town? Again, I think it could. There isn't a sure-fire way of handling it, just like my argument about the likelihood of having a Prostitute in the game. If these things had a concrete answer we could opt into, this game would have never been balanced with a setup like this, probably.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Yes it could benefit Mafia or Townies, that's how odds work^^' I understood your point behind your strategy, but my points still stand imo. I don't get why after analysing only one scenario you ended your train of thoughts (is that something in english?) suggesting we should apply something in general. You didn't specify it was only for that case.
Also I don't get that "I don't THINK of myself as a townie when I'm analysing something, I take a third party stance". Ok if you're taking that stance while explaining things to people, that way they can put themselves in the same situation as well. But when you're thinking of your own cases? D:
I don't see why someone that is a townie would include himself in the bunch to be considered for "who could be mafia". (die grammar, suffer)
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I guess no one other than the hosts know why I have 3 penalty votes instead of 1...?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I mean, I really don't want to be belligerent about this or anything, but why add a new minigame to the standard game if you felt the need to place a limit on the amount of players with the reason being that you were a first-time host? This seems completely counter-logic to me.

Maybe I'm just tired or too stupid, but I don't get why I have 3 "penalty votes", despite being active on the first day. I even technically posted 3 times in addition to voting, because my vote to lynch merged with my first post in the game thread. So you're telling me because I wasn't spammy enough nor had anyone else to post in between me, I get penalized? In addition to whatever the hell is going on with having 2 more penalty votes? Wut...?

Can anyone enlighten this for me? Because I feel like I'm going nuts or something (since no one else playing cares to remark on it). I know I took 2 or so games off, but did the penalty get informally increased? Or is this related to this other faction mini-game?
 
Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I actually don't know. As far as I know, it is one penalty per mistake, so you should have 1. 3 mistakes is usually a hostkill. I have no clue. It's up for the host to decide though.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Why did you vote Haku lawlett?
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Ooooh
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Bit hasty I'd say. I actually doubt Farfs a bit more than him. But well see.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,328
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Holt was suspected by many on day 1. First to vote Philia. Said "let's see if I can provoke something" and dissappeared without actually following thorough this provoke. Just reached the 3 post quota.
Suspected by many? Mostly baseless tbf. Let me go through my suspects. First was Philia, naturally I voted for him so it's mostly a given he'd view me like that. Next was demon who claimed I should have been aware of how Philia is and for voting him regardless, he (demon) voted for me. Then Mazino who didn't even bother giving is own explanation but went with 'what demon said'. There was g01 as well but I don't recall if he even said anything. Pretty sure he made me his placeholder vote and this is likely because I've lynched him a bunch of times before (or been involved anyway). Now why did I vote Philia? Because he was being random as fuck and all over the place as though he was looking for the easiest target to wagon. I wanted to unsettle him and see if I could get him to slip up when he replies to me voting him. Now it was day 1, and obviously I had no major reason behind the vote asides a hunch. And yes, I couldn't follow through because he didn't even reply to me..or if he did, I missed the post and for his other posts, I could only check in occasionally and wasn't around much. I'm also still trying to fully wrap my head around the entire game so I can give input that would hopefully be helpful.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well, I'm not sure how much time I'll have before the next night phase to even try to prevent my lynching. That's a rather steep hill to climb....but uh, if it plays out how I expect, naisu game guys?...I guess? :oh
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Tbh your last post stood out to me cause you wrote quite a lot without really saying anything, you just went around facts.
Hm, I see and from your point of view I kind of understand. However, it was more a post what I was thinking at that moment since uh, yeah, 3 townies died and it is Day 2 lol. Honestly, I find it important that people write their thought about the situation that is going on, even if it are the most unncessary or obvious points/facts that people know, it is never bad to repeat it once or twice, imo. (as long as it does not turn out to be a sort of spam thing every day, that is), Also, Day 2 has just started it is not like we got much from Day 1 imo, so yeah. xd

Could have wrote scenario's what possible can happen, but find it too much work since I was (and still) am tired and lazy. So yeah.

Oh well, let's see how things proceed further this Day Phase. Lemme just start with the usual asking; if you do not mind Farfosh, would you give a hint about your role?
 

g01

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 30, 2014
Messages
2,798
Reaction score
1,588
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Nothing on me you mention but I am supicious 'cuz of my last post? rofl wut ok xd. Clarification, please.
You just wrote things that we already know(like mafia can kill at nights or it looks like there is a 4 mafia player or 3 mafia 1 third party).That is a bit suspicious imo. I mean yeah mafia can kill at nights, thanks for information.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top