Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
This is the exact reason why fan calcs are generally not used in any VS discussion on forums that I know of. They get really bad when it's essentially just counting pixels without any numbers given by the author. From what I can see it's basically guessing the size of the lake by guessing the conversion of pixels to meters and counting pixels to determine the size of the lake, and then guessing the depth of the lake and assuming it was completely evaporated.
Give this a read: https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRant/comments/3dzynf/fan_calcs/
I accept that some battle wikis make huge mistakes.Like Jellal'S GC was put on island level on the likes of Igneel and Acnologia which is impossible.But vs battle wiki makes the most accurate calculation by taking how much energy is needed to do a cera
tain feat like blowing up a mountain in real life or covering a certain distance in certain amount of time.But it is all upto you whether you would accept it or not.Anyway i believe the whole lake was vaporised because when Natsu actually landed the punch on Jacob there was no sign of water.
 

Labi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2015
Messages
173
Reaction score
293
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Natsu put a lot of effort into that roar and he didn't fight him. Had Gildarts use magic from the start, he would've one shotted him. You think Natsu can one shot bluenotestinger without any fire punches? Lol I don't think so bud. So no, it doesn't mean Natsu is stronger than Gildarts. And everyone in the story is at their prime, Fairy tail only has 50-70 chapters left until the story ends.

Erza is faster than Natsu, and can just kill him. I don't get how him one shotting a spriggan gives him an automatic win. Natsu only defeated Jacob because he was unable to move, just like the GOW. Erza can one shot any spriggan if they aren't moving bud.

Natsu can react to Gildarts speed nor can he counter his immense strength. He has causal mountain busting punches, he negates all of Natsu spells that aren't even mountain level. Can you put two and two together?

August is weak, his got sliced by a butter knife. Had it been Lucy if her Loki kick, he would've been dead.

Why are you comparing Natsus fire to Igneels? And you just contradicted your self, Acnologia can't negate Igneels attack but had no damage delt to him. Lol ok.

Current Natsu vs Tatarus Gildarts? That Gildarts has casual mountain busting punches and the same speed. Gildarts doesn't need training to take out Natsu within seconds. The Gildarts we seen is what I think is just an older Gildarts.

Natsu AOE mean jack shit if Erza blitz him the start before he can react.
Bud... Srsly?
WHERE?
Do YOU, who is obviously NOT MASHIMA, that ERZA IS FASTER THEN NATSU, THAT NATSU PUT A LOT OF EFFORT IN THAT ROAR, THAT AAAARGH!

I really don't wanna repeat myself nor do I want to insult you BUT
JUST GET THE EVIDENCES! WITHOUT THEM YOUR WORDS DON'T HOLD ANY MEANING! NATSU AND ERZA DIDN'T EVEN FIGHT YET AND YET YOU SPEAK LIKE THEY DID AND THAT WITH A CLEAR OUTCOME!
How the heck do people even try arguing without arguments?
Pls answer me!
I'm really, like, REALLY confused where you get the infos.
Do you write Mashima himself?

And btw. Acnologia cannot negate the fire completely. But that doesn't mean he MUST take damage. It isn't a contradiction.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Talenel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
692
Reaction score
789
Age
36
Country
United States
I'm not into pokemon either. I think when something is super-effective, it does more damage than it would against a standard opponent. Gray has resistance to Ice, but if Invel's ice can bypass that then Gray takes on similar damage that say Natsu would take on. To be honest, Gray still had resistance, but Invel's power was able to overcome it regardless.
Cool beans. Now we each know how the other defined "super effective" in this situation.
Well I do think Gray's magic power certainly helped him overcome Invel's armour.
Cool. We agree.
I agree on Gray making weapons and that he's unique to Silver, but this is actually how Gray uses DeS magic. Invel shed light on this. For IDK Destruction fist... Gray re-molded the ice from Invel's armour. Gray used his own power to re-make it as a DeS spell.
...Yes, Gray molds ice. We agree again.
As for whether he gets a power up, I'm 50-50, it didn't seem that significant to be a power up. I liken it to Steel Gajeel, or Gajeel's ingestion of anti-magic particles... so likely not permanent.
It would be pretty significant. It puts Ice Make Silver and even Invel's base instant freeze to shame.
The armour was solid. It mitigates some of Invel's poorer stats like strength and durability. Essentially the armour made him more like Wall's exoskeleton when he powered it up... he was able to stop Laxus' punch just like how Invel stopped Gray's punches (which were overpowering and hurting him). The hax is a nice kicker to this armour, it was a shame he met Gray.
I don't remember Wahl stopping Laxus's punches after upgrading but yes, I agree that the armor is cool.
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
I've literally been talking about immunity the entire time. I'm pretty sure I know what it means.

Wahl's durability is complete shit because he was killed by the element that he was 100% immune to.





Lightning that surpasses lightning itself. Lightning is pretty much the only word I see in that sentence.

Hence why it is called "Red Lightning".

If you understand it better than me, then explain what is different about Red Lightning from normal lightning.

Lightning is lightning... The only difference with Red Lightning is that it is red and it is stronger.
You still fail to understand exactly what the word immune means. It means you are UNAFFECTED. It has NOTHING to do with the durability of the immune person, it has NOTHING to do with the strength of the attacker. As long as the attack is made of the same element that the defender is immune to, IT DOES NOTHING. I don't care if Laxus is on the level of Acnologia and Wahl has the durability of Romeo, Wahl being IMMUNE to lightning means that if he gets hit by ANY normal lightning attack REGARDLESS of its strength in relation to his durability, IT DOES NOTHING. NOTHING.

I'm not gonna sit here and try and justify Laxus having Red Lightning because I do consider it a poorly written asspull, nor am I going to pretend I know what exactly was different about it compared to normal lightning. But the fact remains that had it been normal lightning, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER should Wahl have even been tickled by it. Therefore Red Lightning, by the rules of simple logic, MUST be different in some way from normal lightning. Makes sense to you now?
 
Last edited:

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
One thing I'd like to point out is that Wall stated that lightning was his weakness before he developed an immunity to it. Red Lightning is also a spell which bypasses normal lightning conditions. So, from this we can deduce that Red Lightning utterly destroyed Wall because :

a) It was Laxus's strongest spell
b) and it was super-effective against Wall
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Quite complicated method you have there. But you get some nice results :^_^
Haha, thanks. To give you a firm answer to your previous question, I would definitely say Gray's attack power is higher than Erza at this point. As of Chapter 500, we saw Gray defeat Invel with Ice Devil's Zeroth Destruction Fist. Even though I acknowledge that Gray used Invel's ice against him, the attack was still his own.

This is very similar to how Natsu eats his opponent's flames and uses it to his own advantage (power-up). Does that mean we shouldn't count those feats? No. So to be fair, I won't use this against Gray.

Besides, Invel has higher durability than the likes of Ajeel especially with his Ice-Rending Divine Raiment. And because Gray was able to punch through it with just pure physical force, I would say this is a notable feat of strength. Not to mention, this chapter also proved that Gray isn't as bad in CQC as most people claim.

I would also like to add that Gray has gone up in my ranking when it comes to Versatility. Even though he doesn't possess different elements, his ability to channel different forms/qualities of ice and attribute it to his own, is still impressive in itself. I will admit that when I first saw him use it on Silver's ice in the Sun Village Arc, I thought it was only used for plot reasons. But now, it seems clear to me that this is one of Gray's abilities and although it is an indirect feat, it still counts in my book.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
It would be pretty significant. It puts Ice Make Silver and even Invel's base instant freeze to shame.
True. But I was meaning in the sense of the moment, like Gray re-molded the Ice, but it wasn't made out to be a big deal like LFD for the 1st time. Still I think there is a chance of Gray acquiring this type of ice.

I don't remember Wahl stopping Laxus's punches after upgrading but yes, I agree that the armor is cool
When Wall changed his arms (while in base), he was able to stop a punch from Laxus with one of his own. Wall's body is like an armour anyway.
 

Talenel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
692
Reaction score
789
Age
36
Country
United States
I'm not gonna sit here and try and justify Laxus having Red Lightning because I do consider it a poorly written asspull, nor am I going to pretend I know what exactly was different about it compared to normal lightning. But the fact remains that had it been normal lightning, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER should Wahl have been even tickled by it. Therefore Red Lightning, by the rules of simple logic, MUST be different in some way from normal lightning. Makes sense to you now?
Give this man a medal for using logic. lol
Hiro isn't an idiot guys.
Not to mention, this chapter also proved that Gray isn't as bad in CQC as most people claim.
Whoah, people actually claimed this? Gray is usually portrayed as equal to Natsu in non magical fisticuffs and he's had many impressive feats of CQC and physical ability. Wish I had been around for those arguments. Would have been fun.
I would also like to add that Gray has gone up in my ranking when it comes to Versatility.
Yeah, he can snipe you from long range, through big moves at mid range and mess you up in CQC. He has shields, all manner of weapons and AOE spells as well. Gray is an all around multiple trick pony.

True. But I was meaning in the sense of the moment, like Gray re-molded the Ice, but it wasn't made out to be a big deal like LFD for the 1st time. Still I think there is a chance of Gray acquiring this type of ice.
Ahh, I see what you mean. It was mostly blunt force damage. Invel wasnt frozen at all. He was just terribly bruised and broken.

When Wall changed his arms (while in base), he was able to stop a punch from Laxus with one of his own. Wall's body is like an armour anyway.
I remembered that. He never blocked Laxus after fully transforming and never as casually as Invel blocked and countered Gray.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I remembered that. He never blocked Laxus after fully transforming and never as casually as Invel blocked and countered Gray.
I think the amount of 'casual' is the about the same. Invel's might be a bit more casual, but nothing is really screaming out that he's stronger than Wall. Wall at least proved his strength, while Invel never really got the chance to. Also I didn't think Invel actively countered Gray either, given the armour's hax works by touch.
 

Talenel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
692
Reaction score
789
Age
36
Country
United States
I think the amount of 'casual' is the about the same. Invel's might be a bit more casual, but nothing is really screaming out that he's stronger than Wall. Wall at least proved his strength, while Invel never really got the chance to. Also I didn't think Invel actively countered Gray either, given the armour's hax works by touch.
Countering a punch with a punch isnt the same as just raising your hand to stop an attack cold. Laxus punches harder than Gray though so eh? Im not too interested in Invel vs Wahl...I just really didnt remember Wahl blocking Laxus the way Invel did Gray. :)
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
This chapter should cement the fact that Gray, Gajeel and Natsu are all stronger than Erza now. It's funny because Gray hasn't used his trump card yet.
 

Ice devil slayer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2016
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
2,534
Age
28
Country
France
My new fairy tail guild ranks
Gildarts
Laxus
Natsu/gray/df gajeel
Gajeel/erza
Mira
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You still fail to understand exactly what the word immune means. It means you are UNAFFECTED. It has NOTHING to do with the durability of the immune person, it has NOTHING to do with the strength of the attacker. As long as the attack is made of the same element that the defender is immune to, IT DOES NOTHING. I don't care if Laxus is on the level of Acnologia and Wahl has the durability of Romeo, Wahl being IMMUNE to lightning means that if he gets hit by ANY normal lightning attack REGARDLESS of its strength in relation to his durability, IT DOES NOTHING. NOTHING.

I'm not gonna sit here and try and justify Laxus having Red Lightning because I do consider it a poorly written asspull, nor am I going to pretend I know what exactly was different about it compared to normal lightning. But the fact remains that had it been normal lightning, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER should Wahl have even been tickled by it. Therefore Red Lightning, by the rules of simple logic, MUST be different in some way from normal lightning. Makes sense to you now?

Nah, you're the one that does not understand the word immunity.

If Wahl is immune to lightning, then he should be unaffected by it.

Explain to me why he was defeated by lightning. Don't try to deny this, this is canon feats.


And no, don't try to avoid my question.

The reason you are not gonna sit here and try to justify Laxus' Red Lightning is because you don't know anything about it either.

You know damn well that it doesn't make sense and there is no other explanation.

I don't care how poorly written that asspull is... the explanation for Red Lightning is lightning that surpasses lightning itself.

That is taken from a direct quote of the manga and nothing in that statement implies that Red Lightning has different properties from lightning itself.

It's almost near impossible.


Regardless, Wahl has never shown to have outstanding durability like the fanbase is hyping up to have.

Nobody has provided solid evidence of him possessing high durability.


The fact still stands that Wahl only managed to last as long as he did against Laxus because of his immunity.

The second his immunity was negated, he was oneshotted into mere scrap metal.


Unless somebody can prove to me that Wahl > Bloodman, I will not change my stance on
Wahl = Bloodman.

There has been zero evidence to justify that Wahl > Bloodman, that is just plain absurd.



What's funny is the fanbase's inaccurate rankings of the Spriggans:

First, the fanbase claims that Wahl has high durability.

Second, the fanbase claims that Wahl > Bloodman.

Third, the fanbase claims that Ajeel is strong.

And fourth, the fanbase claims that Invel is weak.


After all this, how do you expect me to take you guys seriously?

High durability and strength is earned... Just because they have Spriggan behind their name, it doesn't give them the impressive stats by default.


I swear, one biased guy claims something false, and everybody just blindly follows suit....
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
I think the amount of 'casual' is the about the same. Invel's might be a bit more casual, but nothing is really screaming out that he's stronger than Wall. Wall at least proved his strength, while Invel never really got the chance to. Also I didn't think Invel actively countered Gray either, given the armour's hax works by touch.
Walh was going toe to toe with Laxus, the guy that can mop the floor with Natsu. Walh is actually a strong character.
 

Talenel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
692
Reaction score
789
Age
36
Country
United States

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India

Talenel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
692
Reaction score
789
Age
36
Country
United States
yo, I don't wanna start another discussion about Red Lightning on Alvarez Power Ranking thread so I will post it here, if you don't mind.



so basically what Laxus did was changing the nature of his lightning. to put it simply, Red Lightning is basically not lightning. Wahl is immune to electricity but he is not immune to explosive property of Red Lightning. this doesn't mean that RL is weaker than regular lightning. its different in nature. as for why it didn't explode if its explosive, there is only one explanation
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I knew that somebody was gonna bring Mercury Fulminate up...

But that's exactly where the flaw is. I've argued this a long time ago, but I'll resurface the argument if I have to.


First of all, Mercury Fulminate does not change the properties of lightning.

That's the first flaw.

Mercury Fulminate is used to trigger explosives, and the pure form of lightning clearly is not an explosive, but rather an electrostatic discharge (voltage and electricity).


The second flaw is that technically, Red Lightning and Mercury Fulminate was a messed up association because Mercury Fulminate really has nothing to do with lightning.

It is commonly a powder-type substance that is used to trigger explosives through friction and shock.

And for those that don't know, that would refer to things like TNT and firearms (blasting caps and percussion caps).


In other words, it would make a lot more sense for Tartaros' Jackal to use Mercury Fulminate because unlike Laxus, Jackal uses explosive magic.

For gun users like Bisca and Alzack, Mercury Fulminate would also be beneficial because firearms generally have some sort of gun-powder firing mechanism.


Lightning on the other hand would be useless because there is technically no change in properties.

Is just allows for stronger bursts when the blast is triggered, but other than a more forceful impact or severe blow, the lightning properties are still the same.

Thus, since lightning is still lightning, Wahl could still negate it easily and dismantle the physical attack from Laxus with ease.
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
Nah, you're the one that does not understand the word immunity.

If Wahl is immune to lightning, then he should be unaffected by it.

Explain to me why he was defeated by lightning. Don't try to deny this, this is canon feats.


And no, don't try to avoid my question.

The reason you are not gonna sit here and try to justify Laxus' Red Lightning is because you don't know anything about it either.

You know damn well that it doesn't make sense and there is no other explanation.

I don't care how poorly written that asspull is... the explanation for Red Lightning is lightning that surpasses lightning itself.

That is taken from a direct quote of the manga and nothing in that statement implies that Red Lightning has different properties from lightning itself.

It's almost near impossible.


Regardless, Wahl has never shown to have outstanding durability like the fanbase is hyping up to have.

Nobody has provided solid evidence of him possessing high durability.


The fact still stands that Wahl only managed to last as long as he did against Laxus because of his immunity.

The second his immunity was negated, he was oneshotted into mere scrap metal.


Unless somebody can prove to me that Wahl > Bloodman, I will not change my stance on
Wahl = Bloodman.

There has been zero evidence to justify that Wahl > Bloodman, that is just plain absurd.



What's funny is the fanbase's inaccurate rankings of the Spriggans:

First, the fanbase claims that Wahl has high durability.

Second, the fanbase claims that Wahl > Bloodman.

Third, the fanbase claims that Ajeel is strong.

And fourth, the fanbase claims that Invel is weak.


After all this, how do you expect me to take you guys seriously?

High durability and strength is earned... Just because they have Spriggan behind their name, it doesn't give them the impressive stats by default.


I swear, one biased guy claims something false, and everybody just blindly follows suit....
Yes I agree my explanation doesn't make much sense, as I did admit I considered Red Lightning to be a poorly written asspull. But it's the best explanation we have and it sure as hell makes a lot more sense than yours.

Wahl is immune to normal lightning. He is able to analyze normal lightning and convert it into power or whatever his explanation was. If he gets hit by lightning THAT ISNT NORMAL, it stands to reason that he can't analyze it and therefore he would be affected by it. This isn't a difficult concept to comprehend.

You don't understand what immunity means in the slightest. Immunity is not something that can be overcome by sheer strength. It is not something that is affected by durability. It is an IMMUNITY. I don't know how much clearer I can get.

The reason I'm not going to explain what's different about Red Lightning is because IT DOESN'T MATTER. What the difference IS doesn't matter. What matters is the fact that a difference EXISTS.
 
Top