Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
My definition of CQC is pretty much just hand-to-hand combat skills (blade-to-blade for sword users). If one character can outclass the other in close-quarters-combat, they automatically have better CQC in my book. With that said, yes, Jacob is better than Natsu in CQC. That also goes for Gray and virtually anyone else on their level for that matter. Why do I say this? Because that is literally all the notable feats Jacob has at this point. The only reason why he isn't ranked high on my list, despite his excellence in CQC, is because his attack power and intelligence is just far below average.

As for the Gray and Natsu comparison, they both fought each other in the Avatar Arc, and both were able to trade the same amount of blows. Therefore, both Natsu and Gray are equal when it comes to CQC.
Well I tend to think of CQC as a range thing. Magic or not. Someone like Gildarts can amplify his immense hand-to-hand power with crash, and thus becoming a powerful CQC fighter. I do agree with Jacob.

I don't really rate the Avatar scuffle that much tbh. Neither of them were trying that hard really. Moreover Gray had his marks going, Natsu wasn't using FDK flames. So there's that. Right now, after fights, Gray seems closer to Natsu than he did in Avatar arc.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well I tend to think of CQC as a range thing. Magic or not. Someone like Gildarts can amplify his immense hand-to-hand power with crash, and thus becoming a powerful CQC fighter. I do agree with Jacob.

I don't really rate the Avatar scuffle that much tbh. Neither of them were trying that hard really. Moreover Gray had his marks going, Natsu wasn't using FDK flames. So there's that. Right now, after fights, Gray seems closer to Natsu than he did in Avatar arc.
Fair enough. Not trying to be technical here... Really, I'm not... But if Gildarts uses his magic to enhance his punches, I would categorize that under Strength. To me, CQC is just a matter of how well you maneuver in a fight. Basically, how well you dodge, land hits on your opponent, etc.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Fair enough. Not trying to be technical here... Really, I'm not... But if Gildarts uses his magic to enhance his punches, I would categorize that under Strength. To me, CQC is just a matter of how well you maneuver in a fight. Basically, how well you dodge, land hits on your opponent, etc.
That's fair enough, it's just a different way of looking at the same thing.
 

Solitrine

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2016
Messages
369
Reaction score
1,425
Age
28
Country
Australia
Brandish's rep took a massive hit this chapter. Now we know for certain that her hax magic can't affect a certain level of power and we know that base Natsu is far stronger than her. Looks like she is bottom barrel of the Spriggan right next to Neinheart and Jacob.

Hopefully she gets better feats against Dimaria that change my mind.
Yep, hopefully she gets an actual fight soon. She has the most interesting magic out of the Spriggan (in my opinion) but Hiro hasn't decided to make use of it yet. I hope she fight by doing something like picking up and throwing a pebble and turning it into a huge boulder.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
If you exclude magic, I would say Natsu and Gray would be just about even in a fist fight.

If you include magic, however, I would say Natsu's attacks generally have more power behind them. If Natsu and Gray do fight seriously, however, I expect this to be compensated by Gray's slayer advantage dealing extra damage to Natsu for the hits that do land.
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Against a lightning user, yes. Against anything else... no.

His durability is better than someone like Jacob/Neinhart/Invel when it comes to physical blows.
Under what feats?

As far as I'm concerned, Wahl's should be able to tank 1 lightning attack from Laxus without his immunity.

Wahl was depending on his immunity the whole entire match, and he couldn't even afford to take 1 hit from Laxus.

That means he has poor durability, because he was oneshotted by Laxus the exact second his immunity did not take effect.


And saying "super-effectiveness" is BS.

Gajeel who is made entirely of iron and metal was able to tank one of Laxus' strongest lightning attacks in Fighting Festival Arc.

There should be no reason that a Spriggan 12 like Wahl cannot do the same.

It's utterly pathetic.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ok let's look at it logically for a second here. Let's lay out the possibilities.

Your stance: Wahl was so weak in durability that Laxus's attack was able to overcome his immunity and kill him

My stance: Red Lightning had some sort of special property that differentiated it from the normal lightning attacks that Wahl was immune to, and therefore his immunity had no effect on the attack whatsoever

Now I think we can both agree that these two are basically the only plausible explanations as to why Wahl was affected by Red Lightning. It's either one or the other.

You want me to prove that Wahl is only immune to normal lightning? You want me to provide proof for my claims? I don't have to. I just have to disprove the contrary. Unless there is some third explanation you believe could be possible that you for whatever reason have been holding back this entire time, I don't have to prove MY claims, I just have to disprove YOURS. And I have been.

Immunity is not affected in any way whatsoever by durability or strength. Doesn't matter how durable Wahl is, doesn't matter how strong Laxus is. If Wahl is immune, he cannot be affected by anything of the same properties as the attacks that didn't affect him, which is in this case normal lightning. You want a dictionary definition for immunity? Go look it up yourself. All you've done in your comments concerning this is to avoid it completely without a single counterargument to this claim. I should not have to provide further evidence for you when you won't even provide me with any points to dispute mine.

I've provided proof for my counterargument. I may not have sufficient evidence to support my own point of view, but I've provided adequate proof to disprove your point and that is enough. You, however, have not. You have not provided any proof to support your own claims, nor have you provided any proof that my claims are inaccurate. If I can disprove your claim and you can neither prove your claim nor disprove mine, then my claim is the more accurate one by process of elimination. Basic logic buddy. Learn it.

What proofs have you shown?

I've pulled out quotes directly from the manga to support my claims.

I'll give you the last word, but based on your essay here, we clearly don't agree and will not agree.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
Gildarts would blitz stomp Natsu, do I need to address this over and over again? Natsu can't react to Gildarts speed, his magic can't touch him.
Glidartz having to use his best shot against a HistSpriggan (50% a spriggan) and Natsu casually oneshotting an enhanced one shows Mashima wants for Natsu to be on par with Glidartz already, if not above.

As ridiculous at is is, I don't think Glidartz could've oneshot enhanced Neinheart. He'd have needed 2 blows at least.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Under what feats?

As far as I'm concerned, Wahl's should be able to tank 1 lightning attack from Laxus without his immunity.

Wahl was depending on his immunity the whole entire match, and he couldn't even afford to take 1 hit from Laxus.

That means he has poor durability, because he was oneshotted by Laxus the exact second his immunity did not take effect.


And saying "super-effectiveness" is BS.

Gajeel who is made entirely of iron and metal was able to tank one of Laxus' strongest lightning attacks in Fighting Festival Arc.

There should be no reason that a Spriggan 12 like Wahl cannot do the same.

It's utterly pathetic.
Saying it's super-effectiveness is much more appropriate than saying Wall has poor durability. I'm still not certain if Red Lightning is super-effective, but I think that line of thinking is well rounded and is supported logically, from canon stipulations/comments about Wall's immunity and Red Lightning.

If I'm understanding RL's proposed super-effectiveness this is my analogy for it...
- Wall's Body is metal. If his body conducts electricity it takes heavy damage/fries circuits
- Wall's immunity is like a perfect insulator.
- Laxus' regular lightning cannot breach the insulator
- Red Lightning is a magical entity that has electric properties and can breach the insulation

Wall's durability is at least better than Invel's in my view. Gray - with bare fists - was able to bust Invel's face. Wall had no problem with Laxus' blows, despite the physical power in them. Even if you say 'lightning immunity' that doesn't take away the physical impact (you know this because Wall thrust around several times). If anything, he took Laxus' bare-fisted punches without a scratch.

Gajeel's iron body and Wall's machina body aren't necessarily the same. Sure Gajeel can make his body metallic, but he'd still be flesh and bone under the magic. Wall is metal (we've seen him broken into pieces so we know), and his constitution is described as weak to electricity. And lets not forget that Red Lightning and FF Heavenly Halberd are different spells. The amount of power put into RL might just be so much that a S12 of Wall's level cannot tank it.

My opinion of Wall's durability/body is that it doesn't act like humans. It's harder than flesh, so to make a scratch you'd probably need to hit it harder. His body can probably crack and dent, where a human would bruise/bleed badly. So it might not be correct for me to say his durability is superior to Invel's, it might just be that Wall's durability shouldn't be compared to a humans. Perhaps, like a metal under stress/strain, it doesn't really deform until it reaches critical points where it becomes plastic/breaks. << my attempt at remembering materials.
 

Talenel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
692
Reaction score
789
Age
36
Country
United States
If you exclude magic, I would say Natsu and Gray would be just about even in a fist fight.

If you include magic, however, I would say Natsu's attacks generally have more power behind them. If Natsu and Gray do fight seriously, however, I expect this to be compensated by Gray's slayer advantage dealing extra damage to Natsu for the hits that do land.
I agree with this. We've been shown them matching each other too many times. Natsu is more effective in CQC sure but not because he is more skilled. Its just that he generally has more powerful moves in CQC. Gray is no slouch when magic is added though and doesnt get blown away. He still has Cold Excaliber, Ice Bringer, and the Seven Slice Dance.
That last one was even an old finisher and not even Urtear (who Gray couldn't match in unarmed combat) could stop it. Of course now we can add Broken Fists and Ice Devil's long sword to that list as well. :)
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Glidartz having to use his best shot against a HistSpriggan (50% a spriggan) and Natsu casually oneshotting an enhanced one shows Mashima wants for Natsu to be on par with Glidartz already, if not above.

As ridiculous at is is, I don't think Glidartz could've oneshot enhanced Neinheart. He'd have needed 2 blows at least.
As much as i agree, i see differently the fact that Gildartz used Empyrean against HistoGS. Empyrean is indeed the only named spell he used so far in the series and the most powerful move that we've seen. I don't think that necesserily means it's his best move. It only goes to show that he never needed to use anything better than that.
In fact, Gildartz's power level has been debated countless times before we saw him appear this arc. If we assume that he trained and got better during this one year (which is really likely), then i tend to think that even if Empyrean was his best shot in Tenrou, now he should have something better up his sleeves.
I definitely don't think Empyrean is his current best shot, i mean, that's a move he used a while ago against Bluenote (albeit less powerful i guess).

We can see it like "What Gildartz used against HistoGS is what was his best move a while ago and he's not able to do better than that"
Or we can see it like "Gildartz used an "old" move (still powerful but old) because he didn't need anything better".
I prefer the latter. Gildartz himself stated that he wished GS was at full power so that he could push Gildartz to his limits. He didn't need to push himself to beat GS. I just can't think of Empyrean still being his best move. It's just the only named spell we know from him, which only proves how very little we saw from him and how he usually overpowers his opponents even before using big moves.

Also, i'm waiting for the next chapter to see if Neinhart was indeed oneshotted. He got overwhelmed by one punch, but he could still stand up and keep fighting. I refuse to believe Natsu casually one shot an enhanced Spriggan (even the lamest of them).
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,395
Country
Torumekian Empire
didn't Natsu punched neinhart twice already? he used his right hand with his first punch and he got cuts on his right hand.. and then he punched him again with his left hand that sent neinhart crashing to a wall or something. Neinhart could still stand up. though IMO it's unlike as his eyes were drawn as if he had lose consciousness after Natsu's 2nd punch.

and I agree with the way Takuan sees gildarts. he only used empyrean cause it was all he needed to beat HistSerena.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
As much as i agree, i see differently the fact that Gildartz used Empyrean against HistoGS. Empyrean is indeed the only named spell he used so far in the series and the most powerful move that we've seen. I don't think that necesserily means it's his best move. It only goes to show that he never needed to use anything better than that.
In fact, Gildartz's power level has been debated countless times before we saw him appear this arc. If we assume that he trained and got better during this one year (which is really likely), then i tend to think that even if Empyrean was his best shot in Tenrou, now he should have something better up his sleeves.
I definitely don't think Empyrean is his current best shot, i mean, that's a move he used a while ago against Bluenote (albeit less powerful i guess).

We can see it like "What Gildartz used against HistoGS is what was his best move a while ago and he's not able to do better than that"
Or we can see it like "Gildartz used an "old" move (still powerful but old) because he didn't need anything better".
I prefer the latter. Gildartz himself stated that he wished GS was at full power so that he could push Gildartz to his limits. He didn't need to push himself to beat GS. I just can't think of Empyrean still being his best move. It's just the only named spell we know from him, which only proves how very little we saw from him and how he usually overpowers his opponents even before using big moves.

Also, i'm waiting for the next chapter to see if Neinhart was indeed oneshotted. He got overwhelmed by one punch, but he could still stand up and keep fighting. I refuse to believe Natsu casually one shot an enhanced Spriggan (even the lamest of them).
I completely agree but that wasn't necessarily my point. My point is that Natsu's been ridiculously boosted to the extent he can now casually oneshot spriggans, because he's Natsu...

Whereas Glidartz claimed a full-fledged spriggan may push him to his limits (maybe that's just a humble statement, but that's what he said/implied)

And I know GS >>> Neinheart, but Neinheart was enhanced by Irene so I don't know... It's as if Mashima was rushing Natsu's growth so that he can now match the power of an unprecedentedly hyped character (August/Irene).
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
I completely agree but that wasn't necessarily my point. My point is that Natsu's been ridiculously boosted to the extent he can now casually oneshot spriggans, because he's Natsu...

Whereas Glidartz claimed a full-fledged spriggan may push him to his limits (maybe that's just a humble statement, but that's what he said/implied)

And I know GS >>> Neinheart, but Neinheart was enhanced by Irene so I don't know... It's as if Mashima was rushing Natsu's growth so that he can now match the power of an unprecedentedly hyped character (August/Irene).
Irene may have only enhanced his magic power, not his durability so there's that.
God Serena >>> Enhanced Neinhart IMO
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
God Serena when he was alive might have been stronger than Neinhart.
There's a chance that he might also have been enhanced by Irene due to his black eyes as well.

The Historia of God Serena is Neinhart's magic, and would be weaker than Neinhart himself.
Irene's enhancement boosts Neinhart's own abilities beyond the limits of his own magical power.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
God Serena when he was alive might have been stronger than Neinhart.
There's a chance that he might also have been enhanced by Irene due to his black eyes as well.

The Historia of God Serena is Neinhart's magic, and would be weaker than Neinhart himself.
Irene's enhancement boosts Neinhart's own abilities beyond the limits of his own magical power.
Agreed.

As much as i agree, i see differently the fact that Gildartz used Empyrean against HistoGS. Empyrean is indeed the only named spell he used so far in the series and the most powerful move that we've seen. I don't think that necesserily means it's his best move. It only goes to show that he never needed to use anything better than that.
In fact, Gildartz's power level has been debated countless times before we saw him appear this arc. If we assume that he trained and got better during this one year (which is really likely), then i tend to think that even if Empyrean was his best shot in Tenrou, now he should have something better up his sleeves.
I definitely don't think Empyrean is his current best shot, i mean, that's a move he used a while ago against Bluenote (albeit less powerful i guess).

We can see it like "What Gildartz used against HistoGS is what was his best move a while ago and he's not able to do better than that"
Or we can see it like "Gildartz used an "old" move (still powerful but old) because he didn't need anything better".
I prefer the latter. Gildartz himself stated that he wished GS was at full power so that he could push Gildartz to his limits. He didn't need to push himself to beat GS. I just can't think of Empyrean still being his best move. It's just the only named spell we know from him, which only proves how very little we saw from him and how he usually overpowers his opponents even before using big moves.

Also, i'm waiting for the next chapter to see if Neinhart was indeed oneshotted. He got overwhelmed by one punch, but he could still stand up and keep fighting. I refuse to believe Natsu casually one shot an enhanced Spriggan (even the lamest of them).
Until we see or its implied somewhere that Gildarts learnt a new move, I'm still considering Empyrean his best lol. Although I believe that when he used it on Historia Serena, it wasn't full-power.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
Irene may have only enhanced his magic power, not his durability so there's that.
God Serena >>> Enhanced Neinhart IMO
Whereas all spriggans were portrayed to be on similar levels, we all know this is not the case, and we're well aware that the most haxy ones would probably beat others.

Especially in our minds we generally consider Neinheart way weaker than the likes of God Serena. However, take into account that enhanced Neinheart was ""so powerful"" that Brandish couldn't use her magic. It was completely negated by Neinheart. And Brandish's MP is very high. After all, she's a spriggan...

In my opinion, enhanced Neinheart would've been on God Serena's level (maybe). I wouldn't have thought so if Brandish could've been able to fight him. But it was like Mashima was saying: Neinheart is so strong now that Brandish is literally powerless against him. As in implying that he went from a weak spriggan to a very powerful one. If that's the case and Natsu would be capable of defeating a spriggan like GS in one shot, well it's ridiculous.

But I think I've complained way too much XD
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Whereas all spriggans were portrayed to be on similar levels, we all know this is not the case, and we're well aware that the most haxy ones would probably beat others.

Especially in our minds we generally consider Neinheart way weaker than the likes of God Serena. However, take into account that enhanced Neinheart was ""so powerful"" that Brandish couldn't use her magic. It was completely negated by Neinheart. And Brandish's MP is very high. After all, she's a spriggan...

In my opinion, enhanced Neinheart would've been on God Serena's level (maybe). I wouldn't have thought so if Brandish could've been able to fight him. But it was like Mashima was saying: Neinheart is so strong now that Brandish is literally powerless against him. As in implying that he went from a weak spriggan to a very powerful one. If that's the case and Natsu would be capable of defeating a spriggan like GS in one shot, well it's ridiculous.

But I think I've complained way too much XD
Fair point but like I said only his MP may have gone up. Brandish could've used Mass Manipulation on other things to try and beat him still but alas she is too dumb
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Saying it's super-effectiveness is much more appropriate than saying Wall has poor durability. I'm still not certain if Red Lightning is super-effective, but I think that line of thinking is well rounded and is supported logically, from canon stipulations/comments about Wall's immunity and Red Lightning.

If I'm understanding RL's proposed super-effectiveness this is my analogy for it...
- Wall's Body is metal. If his body conducts electricity it takes heavy damage/fries circuits
- Wall's immunity is like a perfect insulator.
- Laxus' regular lightning cannot breach the insulator
- Red Lightning is a magical entity that has electric properties and can breach the insulation

That's the problem I have. Red Lightning does not have any electrical properties that can breach the insulator. It is simply just like lightning.

The only possible difference with Red Lightning from regular lightning is the color and the voltage of the lightning.

The lightning is just plain stronger, there is no "different form" of lightning. Lightning has only one form. Lightning is lightning regardless of what color or the strength of it.


Wall's durability is at least better than Invel's in my view. Gray - with bare fists - was able to bust Invel's face. Wall had no problem with Laxus' blows, despite the physical power in them. Even if you say 'lightning immunity' that doesn't take away the physical impact (you know this because Wall thrust around several times). If anything, he took Laxus' bare-fisted punches without a scratch.
Not really.

While it's true that Invel sustained injuries and Wahl did not, that does not define durability.

That's just the nature of their physical body.

Invel has skin, naturally, that would bruise and bleed more than Wahl.

Wahl is made of metal, so injuries don't show themselves on his body.

However, the damage transferred is still the same.

Invel lasted a lot longer than Wahl (without immunity) did in battle.

That means that Invel is a lot more durable than Wahl (without immunity) in a battle.

So that means that Invel's durability is higher than Wahl.


By your logic, that would mean that Wahl has higher durability than Laxus and Natsu.

And do you really believe that is true? No, I'm sure you think Laxus and Natsu have higher durability than Wahl.


Damage on your skin doesn't measure durability.

How long you last in a battle (of course without immunities) measure your durability.




Gajeel's iron body and Wall's machina body aren't necessarily the same. Sure Gajeel can make his body metallic, but he'd still be flesh and bone under the magic. Wall is metal (we've seen him broken into pieces so we know), and his constitution is described as weak to electricity. And lets not forget that Red Lightning and FF Heavenly Halberd are different spells. The amount of power put into RL might just be so much that a S12 of Wall's level cannot tank it.

I beg to differ.

Gajeel's lungs are made of iron, that is exactly why he can ingest poison like MBPs and still survive.

Despite his human anatomy, he still has iron all throughout his body, even the piercings on his face.

If any lightning ever struck Gajeel's lungs, it would be a vital organ, and would be even more super-effective.


Unlike Wahl, Gajeel has ZERO immunity to lightning and does not even have an insulator to assist him in absorbing lightning.



If anybody has it lucky, it's Wahl... Wahl has way more defensive capabilities, systems, and barriers against lightning than Gajeel.


If Gajeel can tank multiple lightning attacks from Laxus without any sort of insulator within his body, then Wahl should have absolutely NO EXCUSE to tank 1 hit from Laxus.

Wahl's durability just sucks according to feats.



I also have a feeling people are disagreeing with me because they think I'm bashing Wahl.

To clarify my stance in case anybody is confused, Wahl is one of my favorite Spriggans and I hold him in high regards for his impressive offensive stats and capabilities.

Unlike Ajeel, Neinhart, and Jacob, I DO NOT call Wahl a fodder. He is far from that actually.



I put him on Bloodman and Invel's level and I think that all 3 of those Spriggans are one of the best we've seen up to date.

But you guys can't deny that Wahl lacks durability. Feats show and prove it.


My opinion of Wall's durability/body is that it doesn't act like humans. It's harder than flesh, so to make a scratch you'd probably need to hit it harder. His body can probably crack and dent, where a human would bruise/bleed badly. So it might not be correct for me to say his durability is superior to Invel's, it might just be that Wall's durability shouldn't be compared to a humans. Perhaps, like a metal under stress/strain, it doesn't really deform until it reaches critical points where it becomes plastic/breaks. << my attempt at remembering materials.

This pretty much goes along with my explanation on the second section of this post.

My argument to this is basically the same as Invel and Wahl's durability up above.

And how comparing injuries would also be saying that Wahl has higher durability than Laxus and Natsu.
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
Glidartz having to use his best shot against a HistSpriggan (50% a spriggan) and Natsu casually oneshotting an enhanced one shows Mashima wants for Natsu to be on par with Glidartz already, if not above.

As ridiculous at is is, I don't think Glidartz could've oneshot enhanced Neinheart. He'd have needed 2 blows at least.
Did you forget that Natsu had to use his new mode and his strongest attack to take on Jacob?

Did you forget that Natsu spells aren't mountain level?

Did you forget Gildarts has speed that Natsu can't react to?

Watch the end of the Bluenotestinger fight, Gildarts was a few meters away and instantly had his hand under his jaw and sent him flying. Gildarts speed has not been destroyed with one leg. Neinhart a weak spriggan, and Natsu couldn't hit him because he lacked speed. Only his second punch got him.
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
I completely agree but that wasn't necessarily my point. My point is that Natsu's been ridiculously boosted to the extent he can now casually oneshot spriggans, because he's Natsu...

Whereas Glidartz claimed a full-fledged spriggan may push him to his limits (maybe that's just a humble statement, but that's what he said/implied)

And I know GS >>> Neinheart, but Neinheart was enhanced by Irene so I don't know... It's as if Mashima was rushing Natsu's growth so that he can now match the power of an unprecedentedly hyped character (August/Irene).
I see what you mean =)
I agree with you. Sorry that i didn't get your point from the real begining :P
Tbh i really hope Neinhart hasn't been oneshotted... I know that Natsu is the MC and blablabla, but this is becoming ridiculous.
Really hoping Neinhart stands back up and fight. :/


Until we see or its implied somewhere that Gildarts learnt a new move, I'm still considering Empyrean his best lol. Although I believe that when he used it on Historia Serena, it wasn't full-power.
Fair enough =)
 
Top