Chapter Tower of God Chapter 299 Discussion / 300 Predictions

With whom did the Twin-Princesses side?


  • Total voters
    12

GOOMOONRYONG

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
454
Gender
Male
Country
United States
SIU you are such a troll! Revealing a new badass sword for Hatsu and then having Isu swoop in like "NOPE!". That Flare Style though is some straight up fire. As much as I want Baam to steal Kaiser's name I almost want this to be a draw. I could see Baam letting Kaiser decide what she wants to do on her own but then that would make Yuri's trial pointless.
Repellista would be a nice twist in the princess politics but Rachel seems to be the most obvious choice. But then that brings up why members of Zahard would join forces with Rachel to begin with. Perhaps some of the princesses want to overthrow Zahard just like the members of FUG.
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Let us welcome the strongest D rank..namely 25 th Baam. Nd can any one explain the princess issue here? What are they getting into fights nd trying to amass the other junior princess in the process of strengthening themselves?
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Well, if what we knew about the ranking system was discarded then there is no much to go around. But I would still think that s class weapons in the context of the sort of thing family heads handle should be at best unlikely here.
Yeah, on the one hand I think it’s pretty sad that SIU discarded the information he once provided to us, thus keeping us in the dark. On the other hand, he can make many settings more consistent, that is if he bothers to provide us with new information which doesn’t seem to be the case. Anyway, I agree with you that the sword shouldn’t be one of the highest ranked swords.

Well, but its not like we have little reason to think an ignition weapon is a threat to her. Ran was merely the most talented regular in the khun family and he was able to take hits from an ignition weapon from inieta. These are princesses from the 10 families. They are people whose talent was recognized and then were enhanced. The gap the weapon in question would have to make up for is by no means a small deal.
Kirshna is probably nowhere close to Donghae, otherwise Inieta would have commented on it. Shilial refused to believe that Donghae is in snooze-mode. In my view, it is not as clear as day whether Hatsu could mess with Shilial or not.

Isn't one of them a high ranker? I have a hard time seeing a high ranker joining regulars in whatever scheme they are planning. And the other is the princess from aguero's backstory.... It would definitely be a twist worth seeing. Though not as interesting as seeing how this connects to the story. I would think that rachel being the one they selected makes more sense.
I'm just throwing names here. Yes, Maschenny is a top 100 High Ranker. There is no information regarding Maria though. Well, the cliffhanger suggests the girl in question is someone we know or someone who would make an impact on our protagonists. I have no idea what SIU plans are with that plotline. Yuri and Rachel don't make much sense in context of the timeline in my opinion. Maria should be kept for later, but still possible. Though I think SIU would have foreshadowed Maria with some backstory of Aguero before. For Maschenny to be involved here, SIU has to prepare a very good explanation on why a top 100 High Ranker would bother to even get in touch with such noobs. Repellista clearly stalks Baam and possibly many other influential persons. We also know that she has her own agenda or follows someone else. So, it's not that far-fetched in my opinion.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,924
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Kirshna is probably nowhere close to Donghae, otherwise Inieta would have commented on it. Shilial refused to believe that Donghae is in snooze-mode. In my view, it is not as clear as day whether Hatsu could mess with Shilial or not.


I'm just throwing names here. Yes, Maschenny is a top 100 High Ranker. There is no information regarding Maria though. Well, the cliffhanger suggests the girl in question is someone we know or someone who would make an impact on our protagonists. I have no idea what SIU plans are with that plotline. Yuri and Rachel don't make much sense in context of the timeline in my opinion. Maria should be kept for later, but still possible. Though I think SIU would have foreshadowed Maria with some backstory of Aguero before. For Maschenny to be involved here, SIU has to prepare a very good explanation on why a top 100 High Ranker would bother to even get in touch with such noobs. Repellista clearly stalks Baam and possibly many other influential persons. We also know that she has her own agenda or follows someone else. So, it's not that far-fetched in my opinion.
What do you mean about inieta commenting on it? He never ran into hatz nor his swords.

Maybe a high ranker can be introduced as a counter to yuri. They are going to the floor of death and as far as I can tell once they step in there all bets are off. But then again, we have reason to believe there are powerful people in there right now so perhaps this is not necessary. It does not seem like shilial and lilial have a connection to that plotline though. Their endgame here was to get rid of anak, the traitorous princess androsi and if possible bam for their family's glory...

Are we sure repelista is stalking bam? We know she found him but I don't remember enough details about this. If she does then it might sound like she has connection to fug but a zahard princess having such a connection seems unlikely.
 

jjrock01

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2016
Messages
63
Reaction score
12
Age
43
Country
United States
"SIU you are such a troll! Revealing a new badass sword for Hatsu and then having Isu swoop in like "NOPE!" quoted from goodmoonryong. I agree. Leave it to leesoo to ruin an awesome reveal. Like some of you, I also wonder about the origins of that sword and why Hatz can't control it's ignited form. Most likely it was given to him or he took it from it's previous owner. Since we don't know much about the making of ignition weapons, I find it hard to believe it was forged specifically for Hatz. As far as the igniting goes, some ignition weapons are living beings(we see this when Baam interacts with black march) and we know that black march took a liking to Baam, but didn't necessarily gel with Yuri,(Yuri said it had to do with Baam being a guy, but I think there was more to it) so we could say Baam had chemistry with black march. And we know from what we saw from Horgyang and Cassano(two living ignition weapons) that it takes time to develop the ability to control ignition. So maybe, Hatz has good chemistry with this ignition weapon, that is why he is able to wield a class a or b ignition weapon, but he just has not had enough time to control ignition. I believe it has less to do with the class of the ignition weapon and more to do with the users chemistry with the ignition weapon.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I voted for someone else as the girl whom the princesses sided. I don't really have a good reason, other than the odds that it will be anyone on the poll above. In this type of situation, most of the time it is often someone we don't even know about. I think SIU is giving us a lot of misleading vague clues. We could make a case for everyone of those people on the poll, but given SIU track record I think he is going to throw us another curveball.
 

Davy Clyde

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
129
Reaction score
63
Gender
Male
Country
United States
"SIU you are such a troll! Revealing a new badass sword for Hatsu and then having Isu swoop in like "NOPE!" quoted from goodmoonryong. I agree. Leave it to leesoo to ruin an awesome reveal. Like some of you, I also wonder about the origins of that sword and why Hatz can't control it's ignited form. Most likely it was given to him or he took it from it's previous owner. Since we don't know much about the making of ignition weapons, I find it hard to believe it was forged specifically for Hatz. As far as the igniting goes, some ignition weapons are living beings(we see this when Baam interacts with black march) and we know that black march took a liking to Baam, but didn't necessarily gel with Yuri,(Yuri said it had to do with Baam being a guy, but I think there was more to it) so we could say Baam had chemistry with black march. And we know from what we saw from Horgyang and Cassano(two living ignition weapons) that it takes time to develop the ability to control ignition. So maybe, Hatz has good chemistry with this ignition weapon, that is why he is able to wield a class a or b ignition weapon, but he just has not had enough time to control ignition. I believe it has less to do with the class of the ignition weapon and more to do with the users chemistry with the ignition weapon.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I voted for someone else as the girl whom the princesses sided. I don't really have a good reason, other than the odds that it will be anyone on the poll above. In this type of situation, most of the time it is often someone we don't even know about. I think SIU is giving us a lot of misleading vague clues. We could make a case for everyone of those people on the poll, but given SIU track record I think he is going to throw us another curveball.
You will get a few curveballs coming up but it's not what you would expect.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
What do you mean about inieta commenting on it? He never ran into hatz nor his swords.
I'm referring to the comments Shilial and Inieta made about the ignition weapons they witnessed. While Inieta was very hyped about Krishna and stated that it's awesome, Shilial couldn't believe that Donghae is currently in snooze-mode. That's a very big difference and implies that Donghae is above Krishna. Ran being able to withstand Krishna doesn't automatically mean Shilial could do the same against ignited Donghae.

Are we sure repelista is stalking bam? We know she found him but I don't remember enough details about this. If she does then it might sound like she has connection to fug but a zahard princess having such a connection seems unlikely.
I read the prologue chapter of season 2 again and I have to admit that it's very vague. She knew at least that Yuri was looking for an Irregular, which honestly shouldn't be common knowledge. And the end of that chapter kinda suggest she knows much more about what's going on or what's to come.
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,924
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I'm referring to the comments Shilial and Inieta made about the ignition weapons they witnessed. While Inieta was very hyped about Krishna and stated that it's awesome, Shilial couldn't believe that Donghae is currently in snooze-mode. That's a very big difference and implies that Donghae is above Krishna. Ran being able to withstand Krishna doesn't automatically mean Shilial could do the same against ignited Donghae.


I read the prologue chapter of season 2 again and I have to admit that it's very vague. She knew at least that Yuri was looking for an Irregular, which honestly shouldn't be common knowledge. And the end of that chapter kinda suggest she knows much more about what's going on or what's to come.
Well, that is true. But there are other factors to consider here as well. Setting aside the very real possibility that as a princess she is probably more durable than even ran, there is the issue that hatz' swordmanship is inferior to inieta's. His swordsmanship, however polished can be avoided. So you have a princess from the ten families that was already able to spar with hatz as is even though she is not supposed to be that good a swordsman against hatz who has a combustion weapon he can't even control according to him. Now, it is entirely possible that donhae has enough power to be able to actually overcome the difference between hatz and the princess but I would argue that even then it will be an uphill battle for hatz. And odds are that without a sword at least that good him fighting the princess would be more or less like him trying to break a lead pinata with a broomstick...

It is weird that she knew about bam... but given the chapter it does not seem like it was weird enough to freak yuri out. She seemed annoyed at worst...If this hinted at her somehow being an enemy then I would think yuri would have already reacted. It's not like yuri is known for her temper. Well, she is, but she is known more for not having it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Moderator Notice:
Hey guys! We drifted off from the chapter discussion, so I had to move/edit posts accordingly. To make a long story short:

I moved 13 Month Series related content to the "13 Month Series and Zahard's Princess" thread.

And I moved Baam related discussion (such as the Thorn and the Arie Swordmanship regarding Baam) into the "Baam Discussion" Thread.

Please keep the discussions in the respective threads, since this chapter isn't about Baam's weapons and the 13 Month Series.

And stop labeling others as biased or hardcore whatever fans. It could be taken offensively. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. I'm sure you are all able to discuss in a civilized manner.

Thank you very much.~ syx

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well, that is true. But there are other factors to consider here as well. Setting aside the very real possibility that as a princess she is probably more durable than even ran, there is the issue that hatz' swordmanship is inferior to inieta's. His swordsmanship, however polished can be avoided. So you have a princess from the ten families that was already able to spar with hatz as is even though she is not supposed to be that good a swordsman against hatz who has a combustion weapon he can't even control according to him. Now, it is entirely possible that donhae has enough power to be able to actually overcome the difference between hatz and the princess but I would argue that even then it will be an uphill battle for hatz. And odds are that without a sword at least that good him fighting the princess would be more or less like him trying to break a lead pinata with a broomstick...
Agreed. To make a long story short (and which was my point anyway) we can't say for sure how Hatsu would do against Shilial. He may have a better weapon than the one Ran faced, but Shilial is likely to be more durable than Ran. And while Hatsu may not be as skilled as Inieta in terms of swordmanship, the upside for him would be that Shilial is possibly not as fast as Ran's max speed.

For this week's request, in honour of the students who are studying for the CSAT, only 50 days away, I drew this. To all of you students studying for tests, to all of you prepping for starting their careers, to our troops, to those of you within society, let's all stay strong.

The Kaiser is finally down. ㅠㅠ When I went over this section in the preview section, I thought if the Kaiser's battle went for three weeks, it shouldn't be that long, but since the webtoon went on after the previews some said it felt slower. Next time I'll try a more dynamic approach.

Before the Kaiser match, I had a lot to say. If White (Hoaqin) from the last arc was a true pinnacle of evil, Kaiser is someone who split from that point and fell, and is someone who's somewhere below. She wanted to climb but one point, she even lost herself and became part of the system.

When I started the Name Hunt Station I already had this chapter's plotline mostly drawn out. So the fact that it's a Name Hunt Station, the name of the Kaiser's mask all came down for this scene. Although a lot of things happened in the middle. ^^; When I do an episode like this, I feel a sense of accomplishment when I arrive at the ending I first imagined. Reaching something always feels good.

I feel better now but not by much... ^^:; A fundamental solution will be difficult but I'm seeing doctors and I've been thinking that I need to take a break. Health of body and mind are very important t. But people always cheer me on, so I think it's a blessed life.

Preview chapters. As.. you can see.. kids grow up fighting.

Well, this is the end of the Name Hunt Station. Next week has some important things coming up. Well, I hope you are excited for next week ^^

And have a good week!

Thank you ^^

(Credits to the ToG Wiki)
 
Last edited:

Davy Clyde

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
129
Reaction score
63
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Agreed. To make a long story short (and which was my point anyway) we can't say for sure how Hatsu would do against Shilial. He may have a better weapon than the one Ran faced, but Shilial is likely to be more durable than Ran. And while Hatsu may not be as skilled as Inieta in terms of swordmanship, the upside for him would be that Shilial is possibly not as fast as Ran's max speed.
I think Anak paced Ran pretty well even when Ran used his Redan. Genuine Princesses should be faster/stronger than Anak so Shilial (a Princess from a Great Family's main branch) should be within the range of Ran's max speed at least.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I think Anak paced Ran pretty well even when Ran used his Redan. Genuine Princesses should be faster/stronger than Anak so Shilial (a Princess from a Great Family's main branch) should be within the range of Ran's max speed at least.
Well yes, the general rule would dictate that a genuine Princess - especially one from the 10 Great Families - is above a member of the 10 Great Families. But looking at individuals alone, things doesn't have to follow that rule, just like with statistics. If you are not the speedy type of fighter to begin with, you probably won't match someone who excels in that department even with Zahard's powerup.

Besides, as far as I remember, Anak got totally overpowered by Ran's Redan speed and couldn't land a single hit on him before she went down the first time. After that, Ran only received only one single scratch. It was much more Anak's willpower and durability which let her continue the fight against Ran rather than her speed. Not gonna add more about Ran vs. Anak (since it goes a bit too offtopic). If you wish to continue the convo, please quote this part in the Hangout Thread.


Moderator Notice:
The topic regarding the Opera/Eyes of the God and how they are related to Yuri finding Baam is offtopic. I moved and edited Opera/Eyes of God related stuff to a new thread. Please continue the discussion there. :)

Thank you very much.~ syx
 

roggie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
1,471
Reaction score
1,050
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I believe Hatz will make a big fire but will be protected by Laure.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
It's clear that this is the end of the fight, but I hope Baam's words actually start getting through Kaiser's thick metal mask :nah
I also appreciate that he treats his power as if it's cheating. His modesty is refreshing
 
Top