Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Argument is getting a bit annoying. just make up and call it a day
You're right. It's getting tedious. I'll call it a day and end it with that.
 

Varus

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
129
Reaction score
57
Country
England
I do not care that much since it is only Giga but shouldn't the order be HQ then SNS then BnHA then WT?
Yuki Tabata honestly does not deserve the support he is getting but that is what you get when you are the editor's puppet. The guy's art is good but he keeps fucking up his manga over and over again just read the latest chapter where he introduces characters from a spin-off like they've been there from the start. I would say this is the best chance he could've gotten from Jump and I doubt he'd make it on his own next time, maybe with someone who can write but I do not know.
 

Ihore

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
2,280
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
That hairclip looks strange.
 

CuriousReborn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2013
Messages
638
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
Bahrain
Blonde Raku and long hair Tsugumi is all im seeing from that one shot.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Now I will have to have a magazine with Black Cover on the cover for the sake of Nisekoi and Komi Naoshi. Sometimes some sacrifices must be made...
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
this is a wsj discussion thread right? so people that are discussing toriko (a wsj title) with walls of texts aren't doing anything wrong, let them be, if you're not interested in their argument just don't read it

But the real question is, will his manga make us cry more than an anime fan on prom night? :cheez
the real question is will there be pizza explosions

I do not care that much since it is only Giga but shouldn't the order be HQ then SNS then BnHA then WT?
Yuki Tabata honestly does not deserve the support he is getting but that is what you get when you are the editor's puppet. The guy's art is good but he keeps fucking up his manga over and over again just read the latest chapter where he introduces characters from a spin-off like they've been there from the start. I would say this is the best chance he could've gotten from Jump and I doubt he'd make it on his own next time, maybe with someone who can write but I do not know.
that doesn't have to the order of the covers since since Bnha >Sns

I agree about the stupidity of BC latest chapter
this entire thing is rubbing me the wrong way, I feel like he's extorting his readers into buying the light novel to get the full picture and how is that different from vidyagames industry bullsh*t?

I really hope this doesn't become a trend
 
Last edited by a moderator:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
this is a wsj discussion thread right? so people that are discussing toriko (a wsj title) with walls of texts aren't doing anything wrong, let them be, if you're not interested in their argument just don't read it



the real question is will there be pizza explosions



all that he does is trolling, just ignore him



that doesn't have to the order of the covers since since Bnha >Sns

I agree about the stupidity of BC latest chapter
this entire thing is rubbing me the wrong way, I feel like he's extorting his readers into buying the light novel to get the full picture and how is that different from vidyagames industry bullsh*t?

I really hope this doesn't become a trend
It was mainly just the large walls of text. Got a bit tedious having to scroll so much everytime coming to this page on mobile
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Didn't believe it until I read the chap. Dude literally just slapped em in like they already existed lol
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
I agree about the stupidity of BC latest chapter
this entire thing is rubbing me the wrong way, I feel like he's extorting his readers into buying the light novel to get the full picture and how is that different from vidyagames industry bullsh*t?

I really hope this doesn't become a trend
Indeed. I tried my hand in Marvel comics by reading the new "Steve Rogers: Captain America" but... to follow the story you also have to read "Captain America: Sam Wilson", "Uncanny Avengers", "Civil War II", "Thunderbolts" and so on. So I gave up as I don't want to be a part of this crossover hell. Just imagine that, if you wanted to understand the story of Naruto, that you have to follow the main story in WSJ, it's spin-off in Young Jump, it's spin-off in Jump SQ, it's spin-off in Light Novels, and so on. A horror I tell 'ya, but both this and what Marvel is doing have a financial benefit (readers have to buy more stuff).

But on other hand, we have the Boruto issue where they are adapting the movie so that the readers would not need to watch a movie spin-off to understand the story. And people are annoyed by it.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Is it just me or does anyone find Mangastream team's imitation of the WSJ author comments to be cringy?

I.E -> http://mangastream.com/r/wsjac/#18/3735/3

Also, how long do we have to wait for the BC OVA? Will we get it the same week or have to wait a lot longer?
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Number 1 looks like something out of Bakuman. Does Viz only put up the chapters for non subscribers n their website? Don't see the Jump Starts on their app.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I agree about the stupidity of BC latest chapter
this entire thing is rubbing me the wrong way, I feel like he's extorting his readers into buying the light novel to get the full picture and how is that different from vidyagames industry bullsh*t?

I really hope this doesn't become a trend
That was pretty much completely out of left field. Only the few 10k people that bought the light novel are going to know who they are and it wasnt even like their roles in the light novel are pretty much irrelevant to the main plot. If that was the case, then they can be brought in with little introduction but now they're going to play a huge part in the upcoming arc and Asta has a good history, being a pupil of the guy, so it will alienate a good amount of readers, especially those kids that only read weekly jump, which the story is written for.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
That was pretty much completely out of left field. Only the few 10k people that bought the light novel are going to know who they are and it wasnt even like their roles in the light novel are pretty much irrelevant to the main plot. If that was the case, then they can be brought in with little introduction but now they're going to play a huge part in the upcoming arc and Asta has a good history, being a pupil of the guy, so it will alienate a good amount of readers, especially those kids that only read weekly jump, which the story is written for.
Yeah... Honestly, it it wasn't for the art I wouldn't even be ironically reading Black Clover.
Reading a text only version of Black Clover sounds like literal torture.
Perhaps we'll end up getting a flashback arc that covers some of the light novel, or maybe Tabata will just be ultra hacky lazy and let whoever does the series adaptation adapt the light novel as an anime arc.
 
Last edited:

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Random adaptation theorizations


Yeah... Honestly, it it wasn't for the art I wouldn't even be ironically reading Black Clover.
Reading a text only version of Black Clover sounds like literal torture.
Perhaps we'll end up getting a flashback arc that covers some of the light novel, or maybe Tabata will just be ultra hacky lazy and let whoever does the series adaptation adapt the light novel as an anime arc.
That honestly might happen only if Pierrot or Toei get the TV series. I still believe that Pierrot will get the series and it will get Twin Star Exorcists' evening timeslot. Pierrot gave that series that only has around 9 volumes of content released an over 2-cour adaptation.
 

Hero Kage

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 8, 2015
Messages
7
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Didn't believe it until I read the chap. Dude literally just slapped em in like they already existed lol
I just thought I had already forgotten these character by the way I normally rush through Black Clover chapters. After coming here and hearing I wouldn't even be able to know them. At least I know my brain is functioning right but I have to ask why the editor didn't step in and told Tabata to not use characters that only fraction of readers would know or even care about,
It's like: "You know this guys we know since I don't know when" - 'cause we really don't KNOW(!) - "they are gonna help us for reasons I never told you about"
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Did Tabata even write the light novel or is he just including actual "filler" characters in canon because why not, he's Tabata?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Also, how long do we have to wait for the BC OVA? Will we get it the same week or have to wait a lot longer?
whenever they offer it on disc, usually with a future volume
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top