You can have the last word on this... it's not really pleasant discussion...
So what is wrong with Natsu's? He dropped Neinhart, end of story.
Jellal's GC was at least enough to beat Neinhart. Doesn't mean GC = Natsu's punch, just that they both achieved the same. More than likely, this is attributed to Neinharts poor physicals.
Well, I wouldn't call it the end of story yet because if we look deeper into what actually happened, it should be obvious that Natsu's power level is inconsistent. The problem I have with Natsu is that he resorted to FDKM and used an FDK spell to defeat Jacob. Yet, he one-shotted Neinhart
casually. It doesn't matter if he is the weakest Spriggan because this is an Enchanted version we're talking about. Just look at the difference in power between a Berserker and an Alvarez Soldier. Do you realize the effects of Eileen's magic? We even have confirmation of his superior magic power based on the fact that he was unaffected by Brandish's magic. So I don't care if anybody argues Jacob has better durability than Base Neinhart because he is he is definitely on par or inferior to Enhanced Neinhart.
On the outside, it may seem like Jellal and Natsu shared the same feat. But in reality, they didn't. Let's set the record straight here. Jellal took down Jacob with the use of
Grand Chariot, a medium-level spell, while being in a state of anger. This tells us that Jellal was going all out and not holding back. So how does it make sense for an enhanced version of him to be defeated casually by a low-level spell? Surely one of them is inconsistent. And its not Jellal considering he only has 1 feat. Natsu, on the other hand, has 2 feats. Both of which are somewhat contradictory. Your explanation that Neinhart has poor physicals is one thing. But him being enchanted is a whole separate topic.
In the PR thread it's almost always about what happens (feats), what you think is going to happen (eg potential powers like DF), what is hyped (eg Gray's trump card) etc. How Mashima writes a fight, like it's choreography or explanations etc, is largely excluded in a thread like this.
Okay, well if you say so, then I will stop talking about plot in this thread. But I just want to let it be known that this is an important subject to discuss especially when it is being used to skew power rankings. It should be obvious at this point that a character's power can drastically change for the sake of moving on with the plot.
And how do you deduce stats? By observing feats of power in FT. You don't acknowledge Mashima's definition of power, so you are being unfair. This isn't denial lol. Questionable? More like up for debate about how he won. Natsu dropped Neinhart and Jacob. So it's easier with Natsu. Gajeel needed to use Bloodmans MBP's. Gray used a ton of emotional power (legit) and used Invel's ice to beat Invel. Out of the 4, both Natsu/Laxus won completely under their own power.
You're right that we determine a character's power based on their feats. But what you still don't seem to acknowledge is the fact that this is all dependent on the consistency of those feats. Just because a character won due to plot, that doesn't automatically make that their true power. Why? Because their other feats don't agree. Just for your information, I do criticize Gajeel's feat against Bloodman as well. In my opinion, he illegitimately won that fight. As for Gray, we've been down this path many times so I won't bring it up again. All I have to say is this: Whatever you say about Gray is the same for Jellal.
Plot moving. Feats and fights happen because plot needs to move. I am not surprised you don't see it tbh.
Again, I don't think it's right to create a power level based on FT and then decide what you think is plot or not, and thus what a feat is or not. You don't write FT. You don't create what happens in the manga. Thus, what happens in the manga is actually what happens. It is technically an observation of the world. The moment you want to decide if plot plays too much of a hand is when you start to show what you dislike in the manga. The power levels you would then make from this 'cut up FT' would therefore be a power ranking of this faux-FT... it's essentially fanfiction.
Note this is different from not being able to use a feat because of poor information or ridiculous inconsistency. There is discretion. But if you're going to deny PoF for example because you don't like it, then lol. That's just plain rude to Hiro imo.
I don't decide what is considered plot. I just analyze the fights and tell exactly the way it is. In fact, it is of no use to me to decide which feats I like and which ones I don't. I don't have a favorite character here. And even with characters I like, I still criticize them of their power levels if their feats are inconsistent. Every character has won due to PoF or plot. Some more than others. And those feats shouldn't be counted otherwise you would be left with two possible power levels for a certain character (which doesn't make sense). If you are offended because you think I am specifically hating on Natsu, I'm not.
Expect me to ignore a feat from a specific character in this week's chapter if what is shown so far is true.
I am not being selective seriously that is how it's explained. It can defend Acno's roar via a hax, it doesn't actually have the physical power to stop it. You do realise that PoF is actually power right? Hint it's in the acronym. I gave my answer already in the previous post, you can read that one. If you need more, I am happy to do it.
Okay, so I take it that you label the fight as a
Draw? I disagree. Acnologia would beat Fairy Tail without much difficulty.
That is why it is debatable just how much stronger Laxus is than Wall. Just like when a slayer advantage gets a win, or someone uses donated power. And it's fine for these things to exist. Heck God Serena's PL has unknowns about it - just how strong are the GoI/Jura really? You can never get the accuracy you want, because it's a manga.
The most "plot convenient" part of Laxus' fight was Jutsu Shiki anyway. But apparently he can make one mid-battle...
I never said the difference in Laxus and Wahl's power wasn't debatable. I agree that we don't know exactly how much stronger Laxus is than Wahl. But again. That is irrelevant. I'm only talking about
Red Lightning. And that isn't debatable.
Jutsu Shiki was for plot convenience. I agree. And that is why I question whether Laxus would be able to replicate such a feat again or not.