- Joined
- Sep 16, 2016
- Messages
- 5,568
- Reaction score
- 10,567
- Age
- 31
- Country
-
Gray was clearly portrayed as trying his hardest, and was clearly worried during the fight,Yeah, danger if Invel won. Gray was nowhere near worried that Invel would win because he knows that he was holding back. That makes the most sense.
Gray was just getting warmed up, so he still had plenty of new moves and the "trump card" to try out.
So why would he be anywhere near worried there?
I don't really get this statement to be honest...
Again, the reason why Gray did not get serious because he didn't need to be.
You keep on assuming that Gray was trying, but you can't assume that.
By context, Mashima showed Gray was just getting warmed up. Therefore, he had no reason to be worried that Invel "might" win.
Gray is a lot stronger than you think... he can fight on par with Partial END... no way he is going to lose to Invel, even if he has to push over 50% of his full power.
And btw, it wasn't Gray who was responsible for Juvia's death.
It was all f***ing Brandish's fault!! (Not you @Brandish, dw,)
Nah but really... how can you blame Gray when:
1.) Brandish distracted Gray by grabbing Lucy, Happy and Natsu.
2.) Brandish didn't take Juvia along as well
Like c'mon, the blame was clearly on Brandish there... no excuses...
You blame Gray for not being "serious" when his friends were frozen, but let's see if you would blame Natsu:
During the fight with Jacob, Jacob held all FT members "hostage" via Transport, and he could've killed all of them instantly at any moment.
Instead of going full power FDKM, Natsu was fighting in base mode casually and then got taken down.
![]()
Please, you can't tell me that was being serious.
If anything, we should be talking about why Natsu didn't go full powered FDKM against Jacob from the beginning instead of talking about Gray who was actually fighting Invel.
Dude, don't tell me you actually believe in that...
If Natsu was going close to full power with his FDK spell against Jacob without going into Dragon Force, then I would officially say:
Gildartz = Laxus = Gray = DF Gajeel = Erza >>>>>>> Natsu
You and I both know that Natsu wasn't going anywhere near full power against Jacob. I'm not a Natsu fan and even I know that.
Oneshot her with an unnamed attack in base mode?
That's as factual and close to the truth as I can get.
And why did he use base spells against Dimaria, but FDK spells against Jacob?
Oh wait, because he was angry and desperate to save Lucy... <--- Same case with Gray
I'm not equating angry to darkness. I'm saying that Natsu also has an emotional power up via Enraged Mode.
For Gray, it's Darkness, but for Natsu, it's Rage.
I agree with everything here except Laxus training more than Gray...
Gray had a motivation over the 1-year to train, just like Natsu...
Gray wanted to fulfill his father's dying wish and defeat END... he has to train more than Laxus.
And even if I'm being nice and assuming that he didn't, the most we can say is that Laxus and Gray trained equally.
There is no way I'm going to believe Laxus trained more when he joined Blue Pegasus while Gray was training to take down END.
Natsu vs Dimaria was off panel, you dont know what happened there, no one does, for all we know Dimaria was even more of a challenge than Gray
)
