Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So anyone know the full plot of Demon's Plan yet?
MC (Boro/Bolo/idk) saved a kid named Carlos when they were kids, they're both poor. Ten years ago, the Demon's Plan was shown, it's an item that can grant wishes but it only works for people who are "chosen," so they set up a thing where if you pay a ton of money you can try to use it and see if you were chosen. MC and Carlos are living together and working to save up enough money try it themselves.

The Demon's Plan is stolen and the two of them are blamed for it, the police just want to use them as scapegoats and take their money. Carlos gives himself up on the condition they leave MC and the money, so he's arrested and taken to be executed. The rich guy visits him in jail and tells him the Demon's Plan that was stolen was a fake so he could get money from the people who were trying to use it and Carlos is going to die for nothing.

Carlos ends up activating the real Demon's Plan that some mysterious guy/demon had, his "greed" was what let him be chosen. He turns into a demon and tells MC he's going to kill all the rich people so poor people like them can be happy, MC says there's no point if Carlos isn't going to be there with him, and his own "greed" to protect Carlos lets him use the Demon's Plan himself. Mysterious guy teleports himself and Carlos away, chapter ends with MC promising to get him back.
Some details may be slightly off due to me not caring enough to get them right.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
I'm surprised only Oda and Sorachi mentioned Toriko
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I'm surprised only Oda and Sorachi mentioned Toriko
Maybe they lost respect for him after his sex scandal? I can't think of any other reasons why they won't mention Toriko.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
What was Seiji Hayashi's first one-shot? I'm interested in Terra the Earthling.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Amazon Bestsellers Rank in Comics:
164. Haikyuu!! 24
316. World Trigger 17
444. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 4
468. Boruto 2
930. Toriko 42
1193. Black Clover 9
1832. Kimetsu no Yaiba 4
2912. Yakusoku no Neverland 1
3095. Sesuji wo Pin! to 8
11184. Love Rush! 1

Do you think this is accurate? It would be cool if Neverland sold more than 30k
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
There's a separate thread for volume covers.
aaaah. i never reallly left this thread before
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Amazon Bestsellers Rank in Comics:
164. Haikyuu!! 24
316. World Trigger 17
444. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 4
468. Boruto 2
930. Toriko 42
1193. Black Clover 9
1832. Kimetsu no Yaiba 4
2912. Yakusoku no Neverland 1
3095. Sesuji wo Pin! to 8
11184. Love Rush! 1

Do you think this is accurate? It would be cool if Neverland sold more than 30k
is 2912 good?
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
aaaah. i never reallly left this thread before
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

is 2912 good?
I've never really checked Amazon rankings before, it's probably not very accurate. It's above Sesuji so that's a good sign I guess?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I've never really checked Amazon rankings before, it's probably not very accurate. It's above Sesuji so that's a good sign I guess?
Well it's also below Kimetsu no Yaiba. I have no idea how those Amazon rankings work.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
MC (Boro/Bolo/idk) saved a kid named Carlos when they were kids, they're both poor. Ten years ago, the Demon's Plan was shown, it's an item that can grant wishes but it only works for people who are "chosen," so they set up a thing where if you pay a ton of money you can try to use it and see if you were chosen. MC and Carlos are living together and working to save up enough money try it themselves.

The Demon's Plan is stolen and the two of them are blamed for it, the police just want to use them as scapegoats and take their money. Carlos gives himself up on the condition they leave MC and the money, so he's arrested and taken to be executed. The rich guy visits him in jail and tells him the Demon's Plan that was stolen was a fake so he could get money from the people who were trying to use it and Carlos is going to die for nothing.

Carlos ends up activating the real Demon's Plan that some mysterious guy/demon had, his "greed" was what let him be chosen. He turns into a demon and tells MC he's going to kill all the rich people so poor people like them can be happy, MC says there's no point if Carlos isn't going to be there with him, and his own "greed" to protect Carlos lets him use the Demon's Plan himself. Mysterious guy teleports himself and Carlos away, chapter ends with MC promising to get him back.
Some details may be slightly off due to me not caring enough to get them right.
Well, it's not ripping off anything I can think off off the top of my head
I'm intrigued
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, it's not ripping off anything I can think off off the top of my head
I'm intrigued
I actually have this feeling like I've read the exact same plot somewhere else before, but I can't remember where. Maybe it's just certain series conditioning me to think no one in Jump can write an original story to save their lives.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Well it's also below Kimetsu no Yaiba. I have no idea how those Amazon rankings work.
We'll see in 2 weeks I guess. From what I've seen on shoseki, Kimetsu's 3rd volume was doing better than Sesuji in the second and third week, just after the reprints were announced
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Well I guess my 50K prediction was too optimistic
 

Varus

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
129
Reaction score
57
Country
England

Do you think it's reasonable to trust the covers to convey the status of a series?
edit: pic related
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Dude Ashihara have like a month. The manga dosent have huge fanbase like HxH and D.Gray Man. And with this hiatus the anime is gone. Toei work only on hot properties and wt is not one of them. The best thing that can happen to Ashihara is to move the manga to SQ.
Was I generous in my prediction then? That's surprising, I thought you guys would defend World Trigger to your heart's contents. XD
 

chrisbj

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2015
Messages
191
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Do you think it's reasonable to trust the covers to convey the status of a series?
Yes when it comes to rankings within the magazine....
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Maybe they lost respect for him after his sex scandal? I can't think of any other reasons why they won't mention Toriko.
Yeah, that's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw no one else had said anything about Toriko.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Komi got more mentions though.

You'd figure that Shun would say something since they're the only food related mangas in the magazine. Oh well, doesn't really matter.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yeah, that's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw no one else had said anything about Toriko.
I don't know how much the sex scandal/arrest affected him reputation wise. Also, I don't follow up on Japanese forums so I can't tell what readers think of him, if they think he's a pedo or not. (whether it'd be the readers or other mangaka's)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top