Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks for your list bro. Any reason why jellal is below Erza and Mira?

Only because his feats are less in my opinion.

If you ask me in terms of hype and portrayal, I would go with Jellal being higher.

But the only feats he has up to date is a newer version of Grand Chariot.

I have no doubt that, the next time he shows a current version of Sema (or a stronger spell), I'll be fair and rank him up there with the rest.
 

~Charging Lightning~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
4,594
Age
29
Country
United States
1). Jellal
2). Gildarts
3). Kagura
4). Mirajane
5). Gray
6). Gajeel
7). Erza
8). Minerva
9). Sting
10). Laxus

@~Charging Lightning~
Why??? Why did you do this to me Peggy??? What did I do to deserve this??? All I asked for was for you guys to rank the characters I named :emocat :shootme
Only because his feats are less in my opinion.

If you ask me in terms of hype and portrayal, I would go with Jellal being higher.

But the only feats he has up to date is a newer version of Grand Chariot.

I have no doubt that, the next time he shows a current version of Sema (or a stronger spell), I'll be fair and rank him up there with the rest.
Fair enough. Still, I thought you were someone who was completely against ranking people with feats alone (not trying to expose you btw).
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Fair enough. Still, I thought you were someone who was completely against ranking people with feats alone (not trying to expose you btw).

I see, so you pay very close attention to details huh? I would expect nothing less from somebody who has known me for quite a while.

And don't worry about not trying to expose me, as long as you say the facts as they are, there should be no reason for me to take any offense. That would be immature on my part, and I don't intend to act that way.


Regardless, you are quite correct, I was always one to factor in hype and portrayal, but for a while now, I've decided to strictly go by feats only in the Power Ranking Thread since people here value "feats" more than "hype/portrayal".

I did this to show that some characters deserved more credit than they actually do, even feat-wise, and not just hype/portrayal-wise.

As you've probably noticed, I disagree with the majority of the community when it comes to a few characters.


I think there are several underrated characters that don't get enough credit (even after all the feats they've shown), so I've decided to argue more on the feats side to show that those characters actually have evidence of deserving a higher rank, even if we go by feats-only.

So if that wasn't so confusing, then that's basically the answer to your question. But yes, you are correct, under normal circumstances, I do take hype and portrayal into consideration.

I value those 2 components a lot, but for the sake and purpose of this specific Power Ranking thread, I'll agree to go by mainly feats.
 

~Charging Lightning~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
4,594
Age
29
Country
United States
I see, so you pay very close attention to details huh? I would expect nothing less from somebody who has known me for quite a while.

And don't worry about not trying to expose me, as long as you say the facts as they are, there should be no reason for me to take any offense. That would be immature on my part, and I don't intend to act that way.


Regardless, you are quite correct, I was always one to factor in hype and portrayal, but for a while now, I've decided to strictly go by feats only in the Power Ranking Thread since people here value "feats" more than "hype/portrayal".

I did this to show that some characters deserved more credit than they actually do, even feat-wise, and not just hype/portrayal-wise.

As you've probably noticed, I disagree with the majority of the community when it comes to a few characters.


I think there are several underrated characters that don't get enough credit (even after all the feats they've shown), so I've decided to argue more on the feats side to show that those characters actually have evidence of deserving a higher rank, even if we go by feats-only.

So if that wasn't so confusing, then that's basically the answer to your question. But yes, you are correct, under normal circumstances, I do take hype and portrayal into consideration.

I value those 2 components a lot, but for the sake and purpose of this specific Power Ranking thread, I'll agree to go by mainly feats.
Ah I see. Thanks for the professional answer bro. I actually agree with a lot of what you've just said :)

@BluePegasus I know you're online.... Explain why you woukd do Laxus like that or else :pwnge
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
^Bruh...... How many hours did it take you to write that essay? @Seven777 would have to be the most patient guy ever if he's going to read all of that on a manga forum website.

Anyway, since I haven't said anything in the power rankings thread since Woodenstool was still a member (RIP), so I want you peeps to rank these good guys:

Laxus
Gildarts
Jellal
Gray (darkness)
Gajeel (jet black iron mode)
Erza
Kagura
Minerva
Sting
Mira
Laxus/Gildarts
Gray/Gajeel/Jellal
Erza
Sting (he's going to move up when he gives Lacarde the business.)
Mira
Minvera/Kagura
 

Solitrine

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2016
Messages
369
Reaction score
1,425
Age
28
Country
Australia
Laxus / Gray (darkness)
Gildarts
Jellal
Gajeel (jet black iron mode)
Erza
Mira
Sting
Kagura
Minerva

The top 4 could move around a fair bit based on what they do next. I feel like I'm giving Gildarts a lot of hype even though he hasn't shown much yet and could just be used for the wurf effect. Assuming this Darkness Gray is the same one who fought Natsu, he should probably be above Laxus but I'm accounting for Laxus being severely handicapped in his fight against Wahl
 

Geralt of Rivia

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2016
Messages
51
Reaction score
111
Age
29
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I want you peeps to rank these good guys:

Laxus
Gildarts
Jellal
Gray (darkness)
Gajeel (jet black iron mode)
Erza
Kagura
Minerva
Sting
Mira
DF Gajeel*
Gildarts
Laxus
Darkness Gray**
Jellal
Erza
Mira
Kagura
Minerva
Sting***

*Stomped Bloodman and basically killed him with a punch.
**Went blow for blow with Natsu.
***The reason Sting performed as good as he did against Larcade is because he's immune to his Light Magic and can power up from it. And if Larcade's MP is anything like Irene or August's, I can see (non-WSD) Sting being much stronger than he was before.
That being said, it's still not his original power and we don't know whether or not this powerup (or the WSD one) is permanent. Which is why the Sting I'm reffering to is Sting before he fought Larcade.
 

Plutogrim

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2016
Messages
485
Reaction score
583
Age
27
Country
United States
^Bruh...... How many hours did it take you to write that essay? @Seven777 would have to be the most patient guy ever if he's going to read all of that on a manga forum website.

Anyway, since I haven't said anything in the power rankings thread since Woodenstool was still a member (RIP), so I want you peeps to rank these good guys:

Laxus
Gildarts
Jellal
Gray (darkness)
Gajeel (jet black iron mode)
Erza
Kagura
Minerva
Sting
Mira
Gildarts
Laxus
Jellal
Gray
Gajeel
Erza
Mirajane
Kagura
Minerva
Sting
 

Laxus chan-yo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
590
Reaction score
2,635
Age
36
Country
Abu Dhabi
The one true list aka the Stannis Baratheon list:

Laxus
Gildarts (Imo this arc he will be surpassed by all the big guns of the third generation and Laxus already has done so)
DF Gajeel
Gray Demon Mode
Erza
Jellal (absolutely nothing in terms of feats, can't rightfully put him above Erza)
Sting
Kagura
Mirajane
Minerva
Bluepegasus WTF :epicfacepalm

You and Sharkai should make an anti-Laxus club
 

~Charging Lightning~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
4,594
Age
29
Country
United States
You and Sharkai should make an anti-Laxus club
See the thing is, Pegasus is saying this stuff for the sake of trolling me. Sharkai on the other hand flat out believes that what he says all the time about Laxus and Erza always being on the same level is factual
:yodawg:doge:toc:lmao
***The reason Sting performed as good as he did against Larcade is because he's immune to his Light Magic and can power up from it. And if Larcade's MP is anything like Irene or August's, I can see (non-WSD) Sting being much stronger than he was before.
That being said, it's still not his original power and we don't know whether or not this powerup (or the WSD one) is permanent. Which is why the Sting I'm reffering to is Sting before he fought Larcade.
Hmm, you make a fair point. Ok then, for the sake of making things interesting I want you to rank Sting post eating Larcade's magic in the list now.
 

Geralt of Rivia

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2016
Messages
51
Reaction score
111
Age
29
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Hmm, you make a fair point. Ok then, for the sake of making things interesting I want you to rank Sting post eating Larcade's magic in the list now.
Sting (after eating Laracde's Magic) was able to damage him. To some extent at least. He also endured his shuriken thingy twice while already being injured. Though I get the feeling Larcade was still sort of playing around... :headscratch

Between Darkness Gray and Jellal, I'd say.
 
Last edited:

Kouichi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2016
Messages
449
Reaction score
951
Country
Estonia
^Bruh...... How many hours did it take you to write that essay? @Seven777 would have to be the most patient guy ever if he's going to read all of that on a manga forum website.

Anyway, since I haven't said anything in the power rankings thread since Woodenstool was still a member (RIP), so I want you peeps to rank these good guys:

Laxus
Gildarts
Jellal
Gray (darkness)
Gajeel (jet black iron mode)
Erza
Kagura
Minerva
Sting
Mira
As of the previous chapter :
Laxus/Gildarts
Gray (darkness)
Gajeel (jet black iron mode)
Jellal (featless unless he will show some feats)
Erza
Sting
Kagura
Minerva
Mira
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
mine is:

Natsu(unbelievable and sadly)
Gildarts
Laxus
Jellal
Gajeel/Gray/Sting
Erza/Mirajane

don't know where to place Kagura and Minerva.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,109
Reaction score
12,875
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
I think God Serena is stronger than August, Larcade and Irene, Mashima trashed him too early because he would be a pain for fairy tail. Acnologia himself came for him lol.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Acnologia (Dragon Force)
Igneel

Zeref
Natsu (Igneel's power)

August
Irene
Larcade
Sting (?)

Laxus
Gildarts
Natsu
Gray
Gajeel (kurogane mode)
Jellal
Sting (?)

Erza
God Serena
Dimaria
Bloodman
Ajeel
Invel
Brandish
Neinhart
Jacob
Chelia

Hyperion
Wolfheim
Warrod
Jura

Kagura
Mirajane
Rogue
Minerva
Lucy
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Sting (?)
Depends if you take out Rogue's MP. Tenrou LFD Natsu was in Hades tier, but GMG Natsu wasn't anywhere near it.

I got base Sting at Historia-12 level. With an extra mode and dragon force, he should go up a bit. Both (?) in your list probably represent where he should be with and without Rogue's MP.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Rank these characters
Ichiya
Wahl
Gray
God Serena
Invel
 
Top