Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
BALD SEXUAL ASSAULT NATSUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Where's Ecchi Boy? it's the oneshot that made him change his username lol


It makes me wonder if Eldlive is one of the lowest selling manga series to ever get an anime?
it's not! it's not even the lowest selling manga in Jump Plus that get an anime, remember the DJ manga?

speaking of Eldlive, are the volume same price as normal volumes? Is it fullcolor or have the chapter been grayed out?
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
it's not! it's not even the lowest selling manga in Jump Plus that get an anime, remember the DJ manga?

speaking of Eldlive, are the volume same price as normal volumes? Is it fullcolor or have the chapter been grayed out?
Oh yeh, now that you mention it.

My volume is Eldlive is in full colour with a RRP of 619 yen vs the normal 400 yen for a regular tankobon.
 

Varus

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
129
Reaction score
57
Country
England
So Jump+ has Amano Akira, Shinohara,Yasuhiro, Sakaki?
I wouldn't be surprised if Ikezawa joins that list.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
When do they usually update the jump comics site?
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Jump+ series all have their own schedules, there's at least a couple things updated every day.

Eldlive might be on the low side compared to some other Jump stuff but it there's definitely animated series that got a lot less per volume (even right now there's Keijo!!!!!!!! which sold 5k to 6k per volume on average).
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Jump+ series all have their own schedules, there's at least a couple things updated every day.
I know, I meant jump, not jump+
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
What? That doesn't even make sense lol. He was pretty important so you'd think they would have a farewell.
Only mangaka like Akimoto, Kishimoto or Matsui have received almost full ToC of farewells. Toriko is nowhere near as popular or influential as their manga. Therefore, like the rest of the authors, it gets only best wishes from their personal friends if at all.

I hate having to wait until Sun-Mon to see what happens. >_>
All Japan reads the magazine on Monday, so you will have to manage your sense of entitlement.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
BALD SEXUAL ASSAULT NATSUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Where's Ecchi Boy? it's the oneshot that made him change his username lol
A blessing from god there's no doubt it.:kamina
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All Japan reads the magazine on Monday, so you will have to manage your sense of entitlement.
I have subscriptions through viz for English Jump and crunchyroll, so I actually support the industry. Your condescension isn't required here. Someone earlier posted the raw for Demon's Plan. So, I was just curious if the raw for The Promised Neverland was also available.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Color preview of Ore Golazo.

 

Varus

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
129
Reaction score
57
Country
England
For a football manga his design looks good to me, I like the wavy hair and the lack of eyebrows and he also doesn't look like a short wimp with a hidden talent so it is all good for me personally.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
For a football manga his design looks good to me, I like the wavy hair and the lack of eyebrows and he also doesn't look like a short wimp with a hidden talent so it is all good for me personally.
I like his design as a character, but not as a main character.(I'm assuming it's the main character at least. Usually these previews only preview the MC)
I just don't think he really stands out as a character. He looks like someone that could easily blend in with the background characters
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
According to Kaizou_10 from APforums, Ore Golazo is about a former taekwondo player meeting soccer.
 

Varus

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
129
Reaction score
57
Country
England
I like his design as a character, but not as a main character.(I'm assuming it's the main character at least. Usually these previews only preview the MC)
I just don't think he really stands out as a character. He looks like someone that could easily blend in with the background characters
I get what you are saying he doesn't look that unique but I honestly think thats better than having rainbow hair colors. A character's design is important but it isn't the only thing that makes a character stand out just wait until the chapter comes out.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Thoughts on the comments the Golden Boy and Magical Taruruto mangka made about One Piece? I don't get the fuss it's simply his opinion and he apparently didn't read anything after Baratie, though the board meeting comment would probably get him an angry mob.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Thoughts on the comments the Golden Boy and Magical Taruruto mangka made about One Piece? I don't get the fuss it's simply his opinion and he apparently didn't read anything after Baratie, though the board meeting comment would probably get him an angry mob.
Yeah, I'm not really bothered by it. I'm not a One Piece fan either, but I wouldn't say it's impossible to enjoy. He has a right to an opinion and people should respect that. He doesn't deserve hate just because it's One Piece.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Thoughts on the comments the Golden Boy and Magical Taruruto mangka made about One Piece? I don't get the fuss it's simply his opinion and he apparently didn't read anything after Baratie, though the board meeting comment would probably get him an angry mob.
Crunchyroll is just like any mainstream media out there with their click-bait titles. That was barely any "throwing shade at One Piece."

I remembered last month they made a click-bait title about the Keijo!!!!!!! anime too.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
101. Haikyuu!! 24
242. World Trigger 17
305. Boruto 2
377. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 4
631. Toriko 42
1015. Black Clover 9
1057. Kimetsu no Yaiba 4
1277. Yakusoku no Neverland 1
1669. Sesuji wo Pin! to 8
7177. Love Rush! 1

Amazon hourly rankings again. I've been following them for a while now, sometimes Neverland is below Sesuji, and Kimetsu is above Black Clover. It probably doesn't matter much but it's interesting to see
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top