Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
With 2016 WSJ most popular series was Yuragi no Yuuna-san? All the other stuff like I said is really niche stuff that can't sell past 100k hell some even 50k. I'm honestly really surprised Summoner, Dance, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Hinomaru Sumo are still in the magazine
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
101. Haikyuu!! 24
242. World Trigger 17
305. Boruto 2
377. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 4
631. Toriko 42
1015. Black Clover 9
1057. Kimetsu no Yaiba 4
1277. Yakusoku no Neverland 1
1669. Sesuji wo Pin! to 8
7177. Love Rush! 1

Amazon hourly rankings again. I've been following them for a while now, sometimes Neverland is below Sesuji, and Kimetsu is above Black Clover. It probably doesn't matter much but it's interesting to see
I'll at least say this about Neverland.

At least it's near some of the surviving series in the magazine and not at 7000 somethig with Love Rush
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
With 2016 WSJ most popular series was Yuragi no Yuuna-san? All the other stuff like I said is really niche stuff that can't sell past 100k hell some even 50k. I'm honestly really surprised Summoner, Dance, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Hinomaru Sumo are still in the magazine
I guess current Jump is taking critical reception into account a lot more. I'm happy because I really like Kimetsu no Yaiba and Hinomaru Zumou. Straighten Up! was good but there aren't many chapters translated... and I can't get past Samon's art style.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
With 2016 WSJ most popular series was Yuragi no Yuuna-san? All the other stuff like I said is really niche stuff that can't sell past 100k hell some even 50k. I'm honestly really surprised Summoner, Dance, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Hinomaru Sumo are still in the magazine
I think out of those 4, Kimetsu is the most likely to get a boost in sales. And it's the only one that's consistent in rankings. Samon and Sesuji are already like 8 volumes in, I don't think either of them will sell more than 100k even if they get an anime. HZ I don't really know
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'd say Sumo.
 

Varus

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
129
Reaction score
57
Country
England
I think out of those 4, Kimetsu is the most likely to get a boost in sales. And it's the only one that's consistent in rankings. Samon and Sesuji are already like 8 volumes in, I don't think either of them will sell more than 100k even if they get an anime. HZ I don't really know
HZ could get a big boost from an anime but It has been mentioned here before from readers who are up to date with the manga that it will most likely end next year. Kimetsu no Yaiba is my favourite manga from the low sellers I might be biased but I think it probably has the highest chance of getting a decent natural boost.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I agree with Kimetsu No Yaiba. I think it has potential to sell beyond the 100Ks if it gets a good adaptation.
I feel like it might be still here today because Jumo sees the potential it has
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Mangastream picked up Demon's Plan
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,330
Age
33
Country
Scotland
English Jump is out.

Viz is running Ole Golazo after all, I'm surprised.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Just read Demon's Plan. It was okay, but I'm not particularly impressed by it.

I was comparing it to Amalgam, and honestly Amalgam had a stronger 1st chapter.

Speaking of Amalgam, looks at some of its scans, and it looks like it's gotten a lot more interesting. Hope someone picks it up soon
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Carlos' edginess came out of no where

one minute he's a quite & blends in the background type of the character the other he's a motherf***ing Uchiha

It's fine, my favorite new addition since Neverland, hopefully the mangaka doesn't go overboard with the cliched Happy-go-lucky mc vs Edgy-the-whole-world-is-rotten-rival, clash of idiologies
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Just read Demon's Plan. It was okay, but I'm not particularly impressed by it.

I was comparing it to Amalgam, and honestly Amalgam had a stronger 1st chapter.

Speaking of Amalgam, looks at some of its scans, and it looks like it's gotten a lot more interesting. Hope someone picks it up soon
Did you like Amalgrams first chapter then? Because i thought it was pretty weak, so thats not a good sign for Demons Plan atm. Ill read it in the morning.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thought it was decent but it'll probably get trashed for the rival/best friend route that's been really overused but mangaka can change it by making them come back together fast.
Their relationship was very heartwarming by the dialogue and art
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Did you like Amalgrams first chapter then? Because i thought it was pretty weak, so thats not a good sign for Demons Plan atm. Ill read it in the morning.
I actually think Amalgam had a strong first chapter. Wasn't perfect but it set up the series well, and the characters are cool.
Both mainly suffer from pacing issues in my opinion. Although I think Amalgam's pacing felt smoother and more natural.
I also feel like I knew the characters more by the end of the chapter.

As Mammo said I felt like Charlos was timid one minute, but a badass the next.

However I'm interested in seeing where it goes
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Demon's Plan was pretty interesting, interested to see where it goes from here. I'll probably drop it if its edge increases much more in later chapters, but for now, I think its a better start than last serialization round.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Amalgam's first chapter was atrociously bad. Way too try hard with the dark and edgy.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Wow I guess I'm in the minority with Amalgam.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought the art on that double page was the best part
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Soccer manga could have better main character design, I dont really feel anything from it :(
 

Azure Warrior

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
315
Age
32
Country
United States
Distortion of Amalgam, just don't care for it.

Even Hunter x Hunter done a better job at balancing the darkness than coming off as "edgy for the hell of it".
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Demon's Plan was amazing, like the whole Carlos x Bolo thing and now the retrieving Carlos going on and shirtless Bolo. Help, perfect chp1.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top