Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Based on the scans I feel like Amalgam seems to get more interesting as it goes along.

I think I may be really caping for it cause I really like the art work and the desig of the MC
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Based on the scans I feel like Amalgam seems to get more interesting as it goes along.

I think I may be really caping for it cause I really like the art work and the desig of the MC
Well, it's amazing to see how much Ryo Ishiyama changed his style, and I was a fan of Mitsukubi Condor. The first to chapters of Amalgam were decent, but it just didn't "pop" for me yet.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
LOL, just what you would expect from someone with an avatar like that..

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Demon's Plan being translated by MangaStream. I'm hoping it comes out today because I'm going to be real busy tomorrow. Also, Ore Golazo needs to be scanlated as well. Hell, can't we just have everything from WSJ scanlated? (very wishful thinking)
 

Varus

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
129
Reaction score
57
Country
England
I think Amalgam of Distortion doesn't suit Jump but you never know the readers might like it.

Demon's Plan first chapter wasn't disappointing for me, excited to see where the story goes. The "chief" conflict caught my attention, I'm hoping both of them set out and create their own crew with Carlos starting his empire and Bolo becoming the king of the dumps. I'm also hoping my boy Bolo doesn't forget about his original dream.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Soccer manga could have better main character design, I dont really feel anything from it :(
The main character isn't some lame ass little pretty boy thats the first step to achieving the perfect main character design. He just needs to have the skills and the personality of a beast and he will surely make Tensai Hanamichi proud.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I will be pleasantly content with Demon Plans if the mc's come back together after a short while. Just dont want this story to revolve around Bolo trying to rescue Carlos or some shit like that
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I will be pleasantly content with Demon Plans if the mc's come back together after a short while. Just dont want this story to revolve around Bolo trying to rescue Carlos or some shit like that
Although I don't think it'll be the main plot of the story, and do expect that the author plans on bringing them back together eventually.
Based on the first chapter of assume that the author doesn't plan for them to rejoin together for quite a while.
Unless it gets axed and he brings them back right before.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
52号掲載順

オレゴラッソ ※新連載
ワンピ
ネバラン
鬼滅 ※Cカラー
ハイキュー
ヒロアカ
デモプラ ※Cカラー
ソーマ
ブラクロ
左門 ※Cカラー
ダンス
斉木
ゆらぎ
銀魂
火ノ丸
アマルガム
テラちゃん ※特別読切
青春
レッスプ ※終
磯部衛

トリガー人気投票結果発表(応募総数14433票)

1号
巻頭:ワンピ
Cカラー:オレゴラッソ、ネバラン
読切3本
私が甲子園に連れてったる!! (宮崎周平)
非正規雇用死神パマパマ (原作:春原ロビンソン、作画:後藤慶介)
しりこだま! (佐々木恵)

Red Sprite end in #52
World Trigger character pol results will be annonced in #52

We are already tocs because tomorrow its public holiday in Japan.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Red Sprite you wont be forgotten :(
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
RIP Red Sprite

I'd like to see Yagi get another shot at Jump, but Red Sprite just wasn't it
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Weekly Shonen Jump #52 (Final of 2016)

Cover/Lead Color Page: Ore Golazo (NEW series by Takamasa Moue)

One Piece
The Promised Neverland
Kimetsu no Yaiba (Center Color)
Haikyuu!!
My Hero Academia
Demon's Plan (Center Color)
Shokugeki no Soma
Black Clover
Samon the Summoner (Center Color)
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
Yuna of Yuragi Manor
Gintama
Hinomaru Zumou
Amalgam of Distortion
Tera-chan (Oneshot)
Spring Weapon No. 01
Red Sprite (END)
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

WSJ 2017 Issue 1
Cover/Lead CP: One Piece
CPs:
Ore Golazo, The Promised Neverland
3 oneshots
- Watashi ga Koshien ni Tsure Tettaru! (Shuhei Miyazaki)
- Hiseiki Koyo Shinigami Pamapama (Original: Sunohara Robinson, Art: Keisuke Goto)
- Shiri Kodama! (Megumi Sasaki)

There were 14,433 total votes in WT's popularity poll.
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Wow. Shocked Amalgam placed so low with how high the editors placed it the past few weeks
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And wow, another color page for Neverland.
And I guess we'll find out Red Sprite's replacement next week
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
viz was right on passing up these manga.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,295
Reaction score
7,328
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I wonder what's going on with Red Sprite's replacement, Red Sprite was announced at the same time as Neverland and Love Rush despite there being a gap in between.

Wild assumptions time, maybe a guy backed out and they're doing oneshots while they get someone else ready ahead of schedule (or they fell ill/weren't prepared enough yet and they're stalling for a couple weeks).
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Poor Ryo Ishiyama.....
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
I wonder what's going on with Red Sprite's replacement, Red Sprite was announced at the same time as Neverland and Love Rush despite there being a gap in between.

Wild assumptions time, maybe a guy backed out and they're doing oneshots while they get someone else ready ahead of schedule (or they fell ill/weren't prepared enough yet and they're stalling for a couple weeks).
Nah, this happens at least once a year usually towards the end where a batch of series ends and one of them doesn't get a replacement for a while. Gives Jump an extra free spot for one-shots for a bit.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
This is the first time in like 8 months that Black Clover is out of the top 5.

Next week should be even lower.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Well goodbye Red Sprite. Will Toteku finally come?
Bad rank for Amalgram. The raws do look a lot better for recent chapters, so we'll see how this pans out.
Straighten Up is in 7th! Looks like the newbies are such fodder Jump isn't planning to can it for a while.
Awesome, another colour for Neverland and it's in 2nd!
Black Clover is in 6th and this was the chapter with the LN character. Glad to see it didnt keep its high position.
And Shokugeki's back in the game! It was the chapter when they were cooking I believe. Surprising it shot up while this arc is still in progress.
HZ's chapter was just after a big fight and pretty boring so its an acceptable rank.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top