Shounen - Demon's Plan by Okamoto Yoshimichi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Demon's Plan by Okamoto Yoshimichi

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Demon's Plan
by Okamato Yoshimichi

Genre - Shounen, Action, Supernatural
Released - November 21, 2016
Magazine - Shonen Jump (Shueisha)
Edited Mangas - Mangastream

First chapter - http://mangastream.com/r/demons_plan/001/3825/1

PremiseBoro and Carlos are friends, who were both alone and impoverished for all their lives, and on one fateful day Boro became the 'boss'. Both work each day to earn enough money to challenge the "Demon's plan", which promises to grant a the challenger a wish should they be sincere. However, this Demon's plan is a scam created by a rich man, to make money from challenge fees. After the intervention of Patron, a man who transfers the power of a real Demon's Plan, do we find out that it manifests power in those who have extraordinary desire (ie chose one's). A conflict of desires and beliefs put Boro and Carlos on different paths/plans.

Last edited:

Teppei Kappei Yappei Ippo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Latvia
Sometimes i get hooked by first chapter...this wasn't the case .
I personally didn't like art in fighting scenes....i didnt get that that swish swoosh feeling.

Ant-o

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
One want to destroy, one wants to save.

New naruto and sasuke

amit-monsterman999

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
why so many naruto sasuke crap the idea of using devils is genuine but come on really naruto sasuke can't we get over it or do i need to do something about that by building a new character design myself

obamamania

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm....unless there's a quick turn around this will not last because of most of the comments already made here. My main issue is simple though, the story fantastically fell apart right after the policemen showed up to arrest them. The self-contained story was all based around the phony demon's plan, and their struggles to get their chance. All of that was shattered of course, which was certainly not bad storytelling, but at that moment all possibilities of the supernatural were explained away and the chapter felt like a One Shot that was about to end. Then suddenly the whole plot gets turned around when some guy shows up with the "real" demon's plan? It felt like everything from that moment on had been shoehorned into the story and was out of place. If, say, the scam artist had based his demon's plan on a real legend that had been foreshadowed, that may have been better but how did he just come up with a fake scheme like this out of thin air and then the second he reveals it suddenly it's always been real? I don't know, either I'm bitter due to Toriko ending or this was legitimately bad. I've never criticized a new manga like this, and I actually relatively enjoyed it up until everything went insane =/

Xguard

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
No, no! Sasuke've never admired Naruto as his boss.:cheez

Tbh, it's ......well begin but not much excited or attractive.:-_-
I think 3 chapters(or maybe 5) can be much enough for me this decide to continue reading this or not. I hope it's getting more and more excited than this.:hi

Spectrum

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well... I liked the first chapter but then I came here and read all the comments lol I can't tell it's something brand new and the chapter was pretty rushed looking like an One Shot but I really hope this to get better. The general idea is decent and the art is well done.

7,5/10

costicla

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I think next chapter we should actually see what disadvantage there is in being a demon, because so far being a demon doesn`t sound that bad. I mean, Bolo is now immortal and has superpowers. Basically he is a big shot now, what he always wanted.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I like this manga so far. It has potential. A 108 demon battle Royal sounds great tbh. I like both friends but i'm leaning towards Carlos. Those dudes needed to be dealt with. I have hope for this series.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Chapter 1 was a little too rushed in my opinion, honestly, a better cliffhanger would be having Carlos captured and sent to jail then we would have this chapter focused on Boros trying to break him out and then the events would pan out in the same way they did at the end of Chapter 1.
Chapter 2 though:hee
It was able to garner my interest anew, I am digging this massively :)
Firstly, thank goodness they didn't go the cliche route of having Boros spend 50 chapters aimlessly wandering around as he searches for his best friend who fell into the darkness.
Having a tournament decide this is a much more interesting way and exciting way to keep the audience hooked.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The premise of this is better in writing than it is in practice....

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Chapter 1 - had reasonable enough substance/emotion, and I liked it up until Patron arrived. That felt a little out of the blue for me.

Chapter 2 - fairly standard emotional response from Boro, I didn't mind it. Patron's arrival this chapter was much better, since he introduced the plot for the manga... those who are in the demons plan will have the immortality curse, and the 2 conditions of getting rid of the curse. This will force them to kill one another. Even the ones who could live with the curse will eventually get into a death battle, since others will want to kill them.

This could also lead to factions, who go out eliminating demons together, before having their own tournament at the end.

For now I'll keep tabs on this story.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
The premise reminds me of Highlander. So, I wouldn't call it quite original to be honest. It was the single part I disliked in a whole goodd chapter.

Chapter 1 was probably the strangest beginning of a new series I have read. It was more midway arc material together with chapter 2. It's like Rukia would be taken back by Renji in chapter 1, Naruto and Sasuke would walk different ways in chapter 1,...

I am definitely giving this a chance because the setting and the art are interesting. This guy is immediately going on an adventure like Gon did. It has an adventure vibe wich is very good.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
The premise reminds me of Highlander. So, I wouldn't call it quite original to be honest. It was the single part I disliked in a whole goodd chapter.

Chapter 1 was probably the strangest beginning of a new series I have read. It was more midway arc material together with chapter 2. It's like Rukia would be taken back by Renji in chapter 1, Naruto and Sasuke would walk different ways in chapter 1,...

I am definitely giving this a chance because the setting and the art are interesting. This guy is immediately going on an adventure like Gon did. It has an adventure vibe wich is very good.
Yep the ship part gave me HxH vibes as well. I hope now that he's set off on his adventure that it gets a bit more original. Although I have to admit I had hoped there was a demon world like in Yu Yu Hakusho or Inuyasha where this was all taking place:XD

Ant-o

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So a king of the hill battle royal in on the way lol. Ok this now has my interest.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I think what's going to happen next chapter is something like, the ship is attacked or the journey is cut halfway through, because let's face it, we aren't going to focus on the main character on a ship for the next....10 chapters? This isn't Naruto where we have the luxury of time, so I think the ship is going to be attacked by one of the 108 candidates.
This will be to introduce Boros formally to the tournament and so that he understands what exactly is at stake, and also to kill his naive nature, because I think what he really needs now more than anything is the willingness to kill his opponents and survive at any and all costs possible. As he is currently, I don't think he even has the will to hurt anyone.
So next chapter he'll get into his first official fight.
How does that sound?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
This isn't Naruto where we have the luxury of time
Boro literally has infinite time ;)

I expect Boro to get thrown right into the deep end too. Right now he's looking for Carlos, but he'll get targeted. The harbour of Cross city is a perfect place to nab rookie demons. I assume Boro/Carlos are the most rookie since the plan actually broke due to Boro's plot armour. Boro will probably put 2 and 2 together, and realise the easiest way to find Carlos is to pursue demons as well. Next time we see Carlos he better be badass af, since his desire is to 'destroy'.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Ah! So this is a reverse of the Japanese myth that beating a bunch of demons makes you a demon (since Bolo killing all the demons will make him a human).

The obvious risk to being a demon is the passage of time and gradual loss of human reasoning. If takes hundreds of years for Bolo to win, by this point all of Bolo's human contacts will be dead and Bolo's wish might change. (Instead of living as humans with Carlos, they live eternally as Demon Overlords or something),

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it's interesting that this mangaka shares an editor with Horikoshi.