True, all the Raku x Tsugumi ones were my favorite, also the Shuu x Ruri ones too. It was just hella of them and sorta was pointless besides filling up space
He never said such a thing. He said that he took the challenge of writing a genre he was not accustomed with and was able to continue until the end. That's what he said.
Double Arts was pretty much romance as well, not battle shounen.
I feel Komi's art would be wasted on anything that isn't a Slice of Life or Romcom tbh. He has one of the best art styles for it. Around the 10th volume, his art just got... dreamy? I don't know but it suited the series perfectly. Either way I will read his next work. Nisekoi is one of the few series I was able to enjoy through the filler chapters where there was no story. I can't say it was particularly good, but it worked for me. Loved Tokidoki too.
Yeh, Black Clover's current arc is shite. Not only did they introduce a light novel character, but now he has past relations with the somewhat major villains. How poor.
Would be nice if the inevitable anime adapts the LN first before it gets to the current arc (or at least give it an OVA or something beforehand), it'll make it a much less messy plot point.
I feel Komi's art would be wasted on anything that isn't a Slice of Life or Romcom tbh. He has one of the best art styles for it. Around the 10th volume, his art just got... dreamy? I don't know but it suited the series perfectly. Either way I will read his next work. Nisekoi is one of the few series I was able to enjoy through the filler chapters where there was no story. I can't say it was particularly good, but it worked for me. Loved Tokidoki too.
Yeh, Black Clover's current arc is shite. Not only did they introduce a light novel character, but now he has past relations with the somewhat major villains. How poor.
I can agree about the art, but Komi's writing on the other hand, is wasted on harem rom-coms. Still crossing my fingers for a battle/adventure manga. Really hoping the editors lets him write what he wants to write this time.
I dunno, Black Clover for me is more entertaining when it's just mindless action.
Anytime Tabata makes an attempt at writing dialog, or god-forbid; plot, I just cringe until my forehead begins bleeding.
Rather it be poorly written nonsense that knows its nonsense, rather than poorly written bullshit that doesn't know it's poorly written bullshit.
Would be nice if the inevitable anime adapts the LN first before it gets to the current arc (or at least give it an OVA or something beforehand), it'll make it a much less messy plot point.
Honestly, it's why Pierrot is the best studio to do Black Clover.
1. They frequently work with Noriyuki Abe who is the only person capable of making Black Clover watchable.
2. They adapted the Naruto novels as "filler arcs" so there's a precedent that might carry over with Black Clover.
Would be nice if the inevitable anime adapts the LN first before it gets to the current arc (or at least give it an OVA or something beforehand), it'll make it a much less messy plot point.
I honestly don't care if the inevitable anime does cover the LN. The fact remains that the source material would be left incomplete in that regard. I think you should be able to experience the whole story in the manga, and not have to be forced to consume any other media to understand. I've pretty much lost all confidence in Tabata's writing capabilities.
I honestly don't care if the inevitable anime does cover the LN. The fact remains that the source material would be left incomplete in that regard. I think you should be able to experience the whole story in the manga, and not have to be forced to consume any other media to understand. I've pretty much lost all confidence in Tabata's writing capabilities.
ONE PIECE 13,000,000
Assasination Classroom - 9,000,000
Haikyuu - 8,000,000
Boku no hero academia - 5,000,000
Shokugeki no soma - 3,500,000
Gintama - 2,642,690(Gintama sell the same every time)
Nisekoi- 2,000,000
World Trigger - 1,900,000
Black clover - 1,200,00
Or somthing like that
I can agree about the art, but Komi's writing on the other hand, is wasted on harem rom-coms. Still crossing my fingers for a battle/adventure manga. Really hoping the editors lets him write what he wants to write this time.
Why do you think this way? Double Arts was more romance than battle, it started to have battles when it ended. His oneshots didn't catch my attention especially for adventure elements, in fact I put the oneshot collection on hold for now because it was not that interesting. Toki Doki was his best oneshot I've read so far, better than Nisekoi at that. Toki Doki is also romance. I think he would write a good dramatic romance like Toki Doki.
He grew a lot during the series, Nisekoi was good, not perfect, but good and, most importantly, enjoyable. Enjoyable is the word, more than original plot and etc etc, the things you guys appreciate.
Why do you think this way? Double Arts was more romance than battle, it started to have battles when it ended. His oneshots didn't catch my attention especially for adventure elements, in fact I put the oneshot collection on hold for now because it was not that interesting. Toki Doki was his best oneshot I've read so far, better than Nisekoi at that. Toki Doki is also romance. I think he would write a good dramatic romance like Toki Doki.
He grew a lot during the series, Nisekoi was good, not perfect, but good and, most importantly, enjoyable. Enjoyable is the word, more than original plot and etc etc, the things you guys appreciate.
From what I can see of his one-shots, I could tell he had a vivid and creative imagination not unlike Horikoshi. But most of all, I could feel that he was trying to tell us something, and that something was larger than life. With Double Arts, there was a world to explore before it got cut short. It's the same thing with the most succesful mangas right now. You see it with the former "Big 3" MHA, FT and so much more.
It's those kinds of stories that draw in the readers and make it big. With Nisekoi, his worldview becomes extremely constrained and that is a huge waste of talent IMO. He's good at writing romance, no doubt. But there's so much more that Komi can offer us that I'm confident of. Heck, I saw Double Arts as a potential successor to Rurouni Kenshin, in fact.
I want to see more of Komi's imagination, and I'm sure with how the big guns have retired, now is more than ample oppoturnity for Komi to take the world by storm with Horikoshi.
Little late to the party, but I read Ole Golazo and damn was it good. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little skeptical mainly because I was disappointed that Galaxy Gangs was passed over since I was excited about a space manga (especially after finding out Toriko teased a space arc and ended up tossing that idea due to time restraints). I love BANBA's character and the heroine is really cute. The art and paneling are fantastic. It also seems like it will go the exaggerated, less realistic route which I am completely okay with. I'm just worried that it won't survive very long because 1) the main character doesn't have a male rival or best friend in the club like other series (Hinata/Kageyama or Kuroko/Kagami), and 2) the characters introduced are kinda ugly save for the MC, vice president, and heroine. This might cause the fujoshi to turn away from this series which would hinder its popularity and, in turn, its sales. Also, there are 3 other sports series in Jump (if you count Dance-bu), so that might cause this series to struggle even more to survive, or it might cause cannibalize one of the others into ending. I'm gonna be honest and say that, if that does happen, Dance-bu is the one that gets axed (sorry fans of that manga lol I just really like the sumo one). I just hope that I'm being pessimistic and that we get a new big series in Jump because they really need one at the moment.
Just finished reading SK yesterday and man was that a ride. The story definitely dipped quite low in quality sometime around the 200 chapter mark (or wherever they started to revive people starting with Tao Ren. The ending also seemed like it was rushed which I am honestly grateful for since it seemed like the story was dragging on for a while.The art style was also a bit difficult to get used to with the huge feet and such but it became a nice charm of the series. Ryu was cool as hell, Tamao was cute as hell, and Hao was smug as hell. Also, adult Yoh had that nice long haired hippie aesthetic going on lol, very nice. Really, I enjoyed that last chapter because seeing everyone all grown up was great. It was nice that they weren't just "make character taller with slightly sharper facial features" like it did with Reborn and Eyeshield. Overall, I'd say this manga was a 7/10. I'll be moving on to finish Toriko next.
He grew a lot during the series, Nisekoi was good, not perfect, but good and, most importantly, enjoyable. Enjoyable is the word, more than original plot and etc etc, the things you guys appreciate.
While I don't agree with Nisekoi being enjoyable after the first 50 or so chapters, I will agree with you on your second point. The enjoyability of a manga should take precedence over the "quality of the story", especially for shounen manga. Even if a story is ridiculous and has plot holes or lacks a "deep" story or moral, it could still be very enjoyable. Of course, if these bad qualities go out of hand then yeah, it will reduce the overall enjoyability of the manga. For example, I loved Bleach up until the Fullbringer arc. I didn't think the story was well-written or had deep relatable characters. I just thought that the story and fights and characters and abilities were all cool, so I enjoyed it. After that, however, things started to go downhill and with it, its enjoyability. What I'm trying to say is you shouldn't force yourself to dislike a manga because someone on MyAnimeList rated it a 5 or 6 nor should you force yourself to like a manga because someone rated it a 8 or 9. Just read what you want to read and like what you want to like.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.