Little late to the party, but I read Ole Golazo and damn was it good. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little skeptical mainly because I was disappointed that Galaxy Gangs was passed over since I was excited about a space manga (especially after finding out Toriko teased a space arc and ended up tossing that idea due to time restraints). I love BANBA's character and the heroine is really cute. The art and paneling are fantastic. It also seems like it will go the exaggerated, less realistic route which I am completely okay with. I'm just worried that it won't survive very long because 1) the main character doesn't have a male rival or best friend in the club like other series (Hinata/Kageyama or Kuroko/Kagami), and 2) the characters introduced are kinda ugly save for the MC, vice president, and heroine. This might cause the fujoshi to turn away from this series which would hinder its popularity and, in turn, its sales. Also, there are 3 other sports series in Jump (if you count Dance-bu), so that might cause this series to struggle even more to survive, or it might cause cannibalize one of the others into ending. I'm gonna be honest and say that, if that does happen, Dance-bu is the one that gets axed (sorry fans of that manga lol I just really like the sumo one). I just hope that I'm being pessimistic and that we get a new big series in Jump because they really need one at the moment.
Just finished reading SK yesterday and man was that a ride. The story definitely dipped quite low in quality sometime around the 200 chapter mark (or wherever they started to revive people starting with Tao Ren. The ending also seemed like it was rushed which I am honestly grateful for since it seemed like the story was dragging on for a while.The art style was also a bit difficult to get used to with the huge feet and such but it became a nice charm of the series. Ryu was cool as hell, Tamao was cute as hell, and Hao was smug as hell. Also, adult Yoh had that nice long haired hippie aesthetic going on lol, very nice. Really, I enjoyed that last chapter because seeing everyone all grown up was great. It was nice that they weren't just "make character taller with slightly sharper facial features" like it did with Reborn and Eyeshield. Overall, I'd say this manga was a 7/10. I'll be moving on to finish Toriko next.
While I don't agree with Nisekoi being enjoyable after the first 50 or so chapters, I will agree with you on your second point. The enjoyability of a manga should take precedence over the "quality of the story", especially for shounen manga. Even if a story is ridiculous and has plot holes or lacks a "deep" story or moral, it could still be very enjoyable. Of course, if these bad qualities go out of hand then yeah, it will reduce the overall enjoyability of the manga. For example, I loved Bleach up until the Fullbringer arc. I didn't think the story was well-written or had deep relatable characters. I just thought that the story and fights and characters and abilities were all cool, so I enjoyed it. After that, however, things started to go downhill and with it, its enjoyability. What I'm trying to say is you shouldn't force yourself to dislike a manga because someone on MyAnimeList rated it a 5 or 6 nor should you force yourself to like a manga because someone rated it a 8 or 9. Just read what you want to read and like what you want to like.
I'm sure he'll be given a rival or friend in the next few chapters. And I'm sure we'll have some more characters on the team with unique designs similar to Bamba. I doubt the players we saw in the practice game is all the main team
While I don't agree with Nisekoi being enjoyable after the first 50 or so chapters, I will agree with you on your second point. The enjoyability of a manga should take precedence over the "quality of the story", especially for shounen manga. Even if a story is ridiculous and has plot holes or lacks a "deep" story or moral, it could still be very enjoyable. Of course, if these bad qualities go out of hand then yeah, it will reduce the overall enjoyability of the manga. For example, I loved Bleach up until the Fullbringer arc. I didn't think the story was well-written or had deep relatable characters. I just thought that the story and fights and characters and abilities were all cool, so I enjoyed it. After that, however, things started to go downhill and with it, its enjoyability. What I'm trying to say is you shouldn't force yourself to dislike a manga because someone on MyAnimeList rated it a 5 or 6 nor should you force yourself to like a manga because someone rated it a 8 or 9. Just read what you want to read and like what you want to like.
It's not that I don't find Nisekoi enjoyable per se. It is quite funny, but I find the humor to be a bit uninspired to be honest. It's kind of there just for the sake of being there. Unlike Silver Spoon, which I can't even count the amount of times I absolutely laughed till my sides hurt like hell.
It's not that I don't find Nisekoi enjoyable per se. It is quite funny, but I find the humor to be a bit uninspired to be honest. It's kind of there just for the sake of being there. Unlike Silver Spoon, which I can't even count the amount of times I absolutely laughed till my sides hurt like hell.
That's how it is with a lot of "comedy" manga and anime really. They aren't really that funny most of the time, especially when comedy isn't their main genre. A lot of times the comedy is just there to be comedy. Very few anime and manga tend to actually make me laugh (Mob Psycho's recent chapter was the most recent one, but that's not WSJ).
I want to see more of Komi's imagination, and I'm sure with how the big guns have retired, now is more than ample oppoturnity for Komi to take the world by storm with Horikoshi.
Funny thing is that Nisekoi reached its peak in popularity after these so called first 50 chapters that were enjoyable. XD
Anyway, I kind of retired from discussing Nisekoi, I will not extend this discussion any further.
The only thing I do now with Nisekoi is reread whenever I have the chance. You guys may not understand it, but my connection with the series is deep and will last for a long time.
As for Toki Doki and what I said that he should do a dramatic romance, I think that what Komi Naoshi does better is to make us connect with the characters. Did I read Nisekoi because of the plot? Hell, no way man, it was because of the characters. Toki Doki was the same thing, those two were approachable(?), you can relate to and care about characters Komi Naoshi creates very easily. This is perfect for a drama, if Toki Doki were a series and Komi Naoshi had more time to develop the characters, I'm certain I would drop some tears. XD
The fact that all three of those pictures are ones where they have weird(er) hair triggers me more than the content of the video itself likely would if I watched it.
Either way, I'm sure Shueisha will take whatever he has to say to heart. I mean, he wouldn't still be making these if they weren't, right?
Why do these people feel entitled to judge and bash the magazine decisions as if Shueisha were villainous ogres that don't listen to their readership?
Weekly Shonen Jump is a Japanese magazine aimed at a Japanese audience, so if Japan doesn't like it we have to stick with that.
Lmfao. He praises Bleach for staying in the top 20/30 every year but bashes World Trigger for "not having any steam" when it accomplishes more or less the same feat?
I don't know where he's getting that Toriko had an okay ending or fans were upset with the ending. Ending was great and fans were pleased with it.
Off topic but there's plenty of great series in the magazine. He just reviews One Piece, MHA & reads BC. He doesn't read/review any of the lesser known series like Zumou/KnY/WT/SnS over dumb reasons. He only picked up Gintama since he heard a lot of people talking about it.
One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
My Hero Academia
Black Clover
Haikyuu!!
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Ole Golazo (CP)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Hinomaru Zumou
The Promised Neverland (CP)
Sesuji wo Pin!
Demon's Plan
One Shot
One Shot
Shokugeki no Soma
Shikori Dama! (One Shot)
Spring Weapon Number One
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Gintama
Ibitsu no Amalgam
Isobe Isobee Monogatari
Shonen Jump Issue 2/3:
Cover, Lead CP: Haikyuu!!
CP: Black Clover, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Zutsuke!! Yokohama Ouka Koukou XXXX-bu - One Shot by Konomi Takeshi (author of Prince of Tennis)
One Shot: Shikori Dama!
I haven't watched that guy's video since he said Sabo had a grudge against Luffy for letting Ace died...and some people actually believed him.That's a long while ago.lol
I think it's better to ignore the guy than to watch his 'clickbait' video. He doesn't care if people are watching it just to cringe at his stupidity.As long as he get attention(positive/negative) & views, he will kept pumping out more of these videos. Each time you link his video, telling people to check it out, he will just get more views & attention.
Ignoring him & letting his channel dies will be for the best for the anime/manga community.
One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
My Hero Academia
Black Clover
Haikyuu!!
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Ole Golazo (CP)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Hinomaru Zumou
The Promised Neverland (CP)
Sesuji wo Pin!
Demon's Plan
One Shot
One Shot
Shokugeki no Soma
Shikori Dama! (One Shot)
Spring Weapon Number One
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Gintama
Ibitsu no Amalgam
Isobe Isobee Monogatari
Shonen Jump Issue 2/3:
Cover, Lead CP: Haikyuu!!
CP: Black Clover, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Zutsuke!! Yokohama Ouka Koukou XXXX-bu - One Shot by Konomi Takeshi (author of Prince of Tennis)
One Shot: Shikori Dama!
Konomi's oneshot also seems interesting just looking at the title, but I am partial to his work. I wonder if he plans to do another mini series like he did with Moon Walker.
Spring Hero doesnt have a great start. It is survivable, at least it didnt get bottom 3.
Nice ranks for HZ, Yaiba and Ghost Tits. And yay more more Yaiba Colour pages.
Goodbye Amalgram.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.