Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oricon yearly series sales.
1,419,677 Toriko
1,334,762 Black Clover
1,600,002 Hunter X Hunter
Go BLack Clover, its individual volumes already doing more than half of World Trigger. Thats great for its 1st year.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh it finally gets a good character design and that tummy, delicious.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
another 15 pages long BnHA chapter this week...
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
another 15 pages long BnHA chapter this week...
Yeah, chapters have been pretty short in recent weeks. I wonder whats up. Maybe Horikoshi doesn't want to drag content out, and just makes chapters as long as they need to be. Or maybe he's doing extra work on the side and that's causing him some stress. He should take a week off if that's the case.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
well, the winter holidays are coming up, he should get a little break then
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
Off Topic:
One Piece still need a good FIGHTING GAME that is as good as the Naruto Storm franchise. Burning Blood is bad. It's like J-Stars Victory VS/VS+ with One Piece Character.
I like the Gigant games. They play like Jump Super/Ultimate Stars IE Smash Bros.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
I already lost interest in Demon's Plan after chapter 3, it's just tedious to read
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I cared, chapter was pretty good actually
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Really? I rather enjoyed chapter 3. That new villain at the end definitely has a very creepy design.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, it's generic for sure, but chapter 3 had alot of good to it. I thought it had the best art too
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
a serviceable chapter and this manga in general is having a pretty safe start so far

reddit circlejerks are claiming it's awful and it have horrible flaws but personally I don't see it

but again, these are the same plebs that are still crying over "jump cancelled bleach" even when Kubo said he wrote what he always wanted
and now are crying over red sprite & love rush, the masterpieces that got axed too soon

so yeah, keep that in mind and know who are you talking to
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
a serviceable chapter and this manga in general is having a pretty safe start so far

reddit circlejerks are claiming it's awful and it have horrible flaws but personally I don't see it

but again, these are the same plebs that are still crying over "jump cancelled bleach" even when Kubo said he wrote what he always wanted
and now are crying over red sprite & love rush, the masterpieces that got axed too soon

so yeah, keep that in mind and know who are you talking to
Yeah they're claiming because it's generic it's really bad, but to some of em MHA is their favorite ongoing series. It's about execution, I've tried saying that but I got downvoted hard lol
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
It's not terrible imo. Just "meh". If I continue reading it from here it's because I'm forcing myself to read it to see if it gets better. Not because I'm genuinely excited to read it.

Better than Red Sprite, and Love Rush, but still meh.
I have the same feeling I had for Amalgam for it. But I like Amalgam slightly more
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
a serviceable chapter and this manga in general is having a pretty safe start so far

reddit circlejerks are claiming it's awful and it have horrible flaws but personally I don't see it

but again, these are the same plebs that are still crying over "jump cancelled bleach" even when Kubo said he wrote what he always wanted
and now are crying over red sprite & love rush, the masterpieces that got axed too soon

so yeah, keep that in mind and know who are you talking to
I think that it's people pretending to be smarter than they actually are.
I think Demon's Plan definitely has some flaws, but the people who are grossly overrating the flaws of the series are people who likely loved Red Sprite and had no idea it was flawed. After Red Sprite was cancelled they were blindsided because they didn't see anything wrong with it, and now feel dumb. Therefore they now are master critics and Demon's Plan is terrible because if the series gets cancelled like most Jump series they will be able to say they were right the whole time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hopefully, /r/JumpMag picks up steam so nobody has to go to /r/manga anymore for Jump (mis)information and pos(t)ers.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I already lost interest in Demon's Plan after chapter 3, it's just tedious to read
I agree. It is starting to become the cringe worthy type of generic manga. Literally had to push myself to finish the chapter off. I don't see it lasting.
Then again, I didn't think BC would last :P

Yeah, chapters have been pretty short in recent weeks. I wonder whats up. Maybe Horikoshi doesn't want to drag content out, and just makes chapters as long as they need to be.
I feel this is exactly the reason. Even with just 15 pages, he had a lot of big panels in this chapter. It just shows that he wanted to draw only so much for this chapter.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
The part where the 3 guys get scared of the kid because "oh shit he has calm and cold eyes", stuff like that is just really cringy for me
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top