Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ole Golazo first chapter was pretty good. Excited to see how the games play out with the focus on strategy.
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Congrats on discovering that and welcome to the club...not that it was *that* hidden but its redundant and rather troublesome posting this version ;)
Troublesome? Says the person who reposted it last week on tieba and leaks a lot of digital japanese mags for what (that is a real crime)? For the record, it is not hidden, I posted the exact source last week
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, I really hope this all pays off in sales
So do I. I really do hope it knocks it out of the park. The series has a lot of potential.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Black Clover OVA Preview.

 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Neverland volume 1 spoiler

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
http://ranking.bunkyodo.co.jp/rankings/rt_detail/4112/1

For comparison, 双星の陰陽師 (Sousei no Onmyouji) sells 60k in 4 days and 90k in 2 weeks

And 花のち晴れ 花男NextSeason (Boys over Flowers) sells 35k in 3 days and 70k in 2 weeks

I think these rankings are updated multiple times a day
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
So
- Black Clover has 2M copies in print by volume 9(222,222 copies per volume)
- Yuragi 700k copies in print by volume 4(175,000 copies per volume)
- Kinnikuman entire series has 75M copies in print

right?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Black Clover OVA Preview.

Truly BLack Clover, look at how they look at each other. I cant wait for 2017 to watch this visual masterpiece.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yuno still look like a girl

that being said, they should've skipped the first chapter to avoid Naruto comparisons

the demon destroying the city look like the Ninetales scene but with a different skin
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yuno still look like a girl

that being said, they should've skipped the first chapter to avoid Naruto comparisons

the demon destroying the city look like the Ninetales scene but with a different skin
That's exactly why they should do the first chapter. Too hook up Naruto fans.

Also is it just me or Naruto and Black Clover are the "only" jump "hits" where the protagonist is not a "japanese" but a foreigner?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I request a moment of you guys. How ecchi is Yuragi? I'm considering reading it since it releases because I'm fan of Miura Tadahiro and Koisome Momiji, but you guys gave the series a really "cute" nickname (Ghost Tits) and as you may know, I just tolerate a certain degree of ecchi. So? How ecchi is it? It is in the same degree as Koisome Momiji?
Ecchi series haven't done good in the magazine for a while so I think that it can't be that bad, but I'm asking you guys.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
That's exactly why they should do the first chapter. Too hook up Naruto fans.

Also is it just me or Naruto and Black Clover are the "only" jump "hits" where the protagonist is not a "japanese" but a foreigner?
Goku? Luffy? I mean, there's probably a lot of examples but i don't really understand the criteria.
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
That's exactly why they should do the first chapter. Too hook up Naruto fans.

Also is it just me or Naruto and Black Clover are the "only" jump "hits" where the protagonist is not a "japanese" but a foreigner?
Naruto is Japanese tho

Luffy full name doesn't sound Japanese
Neverland's trio
Allen from D-Grey Man
Tsuna from Reborn is part Italian
the guys from Jojo
Black Cat mc
Saint Seiya guys are Greek ircc

I request a moment of you guys. How ecchi is Yuragi? I'm considering reading it since it releases because I'm fan of Miura Tadahiro and Koisome Momiji, but you guys gave the series a really "cute" nickname (Ghost Tits) and as you may know, I just tolerate a certain degree of ecchi. So? How ecchi is it? It is in the same degree as Koisome Momiji?
Ecchi series haven't done good in the magazine for a while so I think that it can't be that bad, but I'm asking you guys.
To Love Ru level of ecchi
 

costicla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
690
Reaction score
603
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
I request a moment of you guys. How ecchi is Yuragi? I'm considering reading it since it releases because I'm fan of Miura Tadahiro and Koisome Momiji, but you guys gave the series a really "cute" nickname (Ghost Tits) and as you may know, I just tolerate a certain degree of ecchi. So? How ecchi is it? It is in the same degree as Koisome Momiji?
Ecchi series haven't done good in the magazine for a while so I think that it can't be that bad, but I'm asking you guys.
Well,it`s not as "ecchi" as To Love-Ru Darkness (yet), but probably more that the regular To Love-Ru. Don`t know how Koisome Momiji is, since I think I read about a one chapter a few years ago, but it can`t be more extreme than Darkness.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
That's exactly why they should do the first chapter. Too hook up Naruto fans.

Also is it just me or Naruto and Black Clover are the "only" jump "hits" where the protagonist is not a "japanese" but a foreigner?
could have sworn Naruto was Japanese.
And Luffy from One Piece is suppose to be Brazilian according to Oda(obviously Brazil doesn't exist in OP world, but if he was of any realistic nationality he'd be Brazilian.)
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Goku? Luffy? I mean, there's probably a lot of examples but i don't really understand the criteria.
Naruto is Japanese tho

Luffy full name doesn't sound Japanese
Neverland's trio
Allen from D-Grey Man
Tsuna from Reborn is part Italian
the guys from Jojo
Black Cat mc
Saint Seiya guys are Greek ircc



To Love Ru level of ecchi
could have sworn Naruto was Japanese.
And Luffy from One Piece is suppose to be Brazilian according to Oda(obviously Brazil doesn't exist in OP world, but if he was of any realistic nationality he'd be Brazilian.)
I'm sorry I think I did not make myself clear... Let me rephrase it... Despite the name and what the author says about the "nationality"... I mean the physiognomy of the protagonist of famous battle fantasy shounen: Luffy, Goku, Gon, Ichigo, Seiya (he is NOT greek, he is japanese), Tsuna... (the jojo and toriko exceptions are well pointed). They are clearly japanese.

But Naruto and Asta are clearly NOT (light hair and blue/green eyes). They are clearly a "foreigner". a "gaijin".

In Naruto this is particularly evident because of the antithesis of a foreigner (hated by all and disrespectful at the beginning) against the "loved by all, tradicional family spoiled kid" that is Sasuke (clearly a japanese).

Black Clover follows the same idea (despite coming from poverty) Yuno looks much more "japanese" than Asta (that is also clearly a foreigner).

Anyways, I think now I made my point.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top