Discussion - Fairy Tail Second Movie "Dragon Cry" | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Second Movie "Dragon Cry"

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Well, this would only work if being a demon somehow effects the magical properties of Igneel's magic.

I've updated the post with images. There's a teaser image for the movie in the spoilers. There's also some character designs and scenes from the movie.
hm thanks.do we know the release date???

this explains why anime is on hold for a long time.

Discarab

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah, the anime is on hold so Hiro can finish this arc with less stress. This is a very pivotal arc in fairy tail, and Hiro probably wants to pour all of his efforts into it before worrying about the anime.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
hm thanks.do we know the release date???

this explains why anime is on hold for a long time.
Eh, no. Last time I checked, they were still working on the script. Still, it shouldn't be anymore than a year.

I think the anime went on hiatus for a different reason though. Probably to let off enough time so the manga can pull a few chapters ahead. Stuff like the Avatar Arc is really going to last only a few episodes. Hiro also tweeted that he was more involved in the new anime project as well (probably because of the importance of this arc), so maybe they're changing up the animation staff to make it higher quality as well.

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
but what is the point of movie in the first place?will it be canon to the main story?

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
but what is the point of movie in the first place?will it be canon to the main story?
No idea. Depends if it fits the timeline tbh.

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
oh well I hope its good.

Natsufan30

Reaction score
Country
Australia
We've gotten Jack since that awesome poster of Natsu and since than nothing. The last bit of news said it'd come out 2017 didn't it? Almost that time.

Also, we got news on I thought the Anime returning again?

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
no one knows.

besides, I bet that movie won't be the part of the main story so why bother at all.

anime will probably return next year in January or February.

Natsufan30

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Meh, either way that poster got me and many others excited but than again we thought it could connect to the main arc too but alas, unless he transforms into it during the Acnologia arc or yah just random.

GamerSkull

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not sure why we haven't heard any news since February but if a trailer hasn't dropped by now, it's probably because it's been pushed back a few months.

Last edited:

ohthedreyar

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Either that celestial character in the image is Lucy or a new character- able to summon demon world beings or something of the like.
Looking forward to this movie. Hope it doesn't get pushed back too long!

Kurome

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I've just seen a new info about movie! :onoz
  • It will be released at 25th Shonen Magazine's movie in 2017;:tata3
  • Stroy is about Natsu;
  • It is happening after Tartaros battle.
Here is the source >>> :confetti

Lord Ainz

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
after Tartaros huh. Weird since we saw Lucy in the art showcased during the first leak about the movie

Kurome

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Idk really, maybe it will have some sidestory about how Lucy and Natsu were searching for FT members...
or stuff. :maracas

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Idk really, maybe it will have some sidestory about how Lucy and Natsu were searching for FT members...
or stuff. :maracas
Well they didn't canonically meet in the timeskip, nor did Natsu know FT was disbanded.

But for the sake of a movie, I'm willing to let those things go.

GamerSkull

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've just seen a new info about movie! :onoz
  • It will be released at 25th Shonen Magazine's movie in 2017;:tata3
  • Stroy is about Natsu;
  • It is happening after Tartaros battle.
Here is the source >>> :confetti
Well they didn't canonically meet in the timeskip, nor did Natsu know FT was disbanded.

But for the sake of a movie, I'm willing to let those things go.
"After Tartaros" could just mean after the timeskip but before the Avatar arc is resolved.

Also, I'm not sure if this information is legit... and when is the 25th birthday?

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
"After Tartaros" could just mean after the timeskip but before the Avatar arc is resolved.

Also, I'm not sure if this information is legit... and when is the 25th birthday?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yea that's true, though it did seem like they got straight down to business. Anyways it has to happen before Natsu uses Igneel's power

GamerSkull

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea that's true, though it did seem like they got straight down to business. Anyways it has to happen before Natsu uses Igneel's power
Yeah, Natsu still has those bandages on his arm. I did see Erza and Gray in the concept art so if Gray is undercover in Avatar, I wonder how he'll be incorporated here.
Also, isn't Shonen Magazine more than fifty years old? I'm not sure if I trust this source.

Otaku shrink

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Yeah, Natsu still has those bandages on his arm. I did see Erza and Gray in the concept art so if Gray is undercover in Avatar, I wonder how he'll be incorporated here.
Also, isn't Shonen Magazine more than fifty years old? I'm not sure if I trust this source.
When asked to quote his source, the guy said: "I saw it on a blog and a Japanese blog." Mmm...kay?

Anyway, this is all sorts of messed up and from poor translation of old information. The original movie information was released in 2015's 25th issue of the magazine. This also explains the "post-Tartaros" thing.

As Gamer said, the magazine is much, much older. It was first released in the 50s.

The only time 2017 came up in any discussion is when Yasuharu Takanashi told some of us on Facebook that he *thought* it would be out sometime it 2017. As far as I know, he's still doing the music for the movie and the anime when it comes back, so that I would call reputable.

PS: How is it that no one is calling him out on straight up stealing the hell out of Yonks spoilers? So, no, not legit at all.

Last edited:

GamerSkull

Reaction score
Country
United States
When asked to quote his source, the guy said: "I saw it on a blog and a Japanese blog." Mmm...kay?

Anyway, this is all sorts of messed up and from poor translation of old information. The original movie information was released in 2015's 25th issue of the magazine. This also explains the "post-Tartaros" thing.

As Gamer said, the magazine is much, much older. It was first released in the 50s.

The only time 2017 came up in any discussion is when Yasuharu Takanashi told some of us on Facebook that he *thought* it would be out sometime it 2017. As far as I know, he's still doing the music for the movie and the anime when it comes back, so that I would call reputable.

PS: How is it that no one is calling him out on straight up stealing the hell out of Yonks spoilers? So, no, not legit at all.
When did Yasuharu Takanashi say that? I'm trying to piece together a timeline of information. So far, the last time we heard any news on the movie was when Chapter 471 came out in February. Does that sound correct?