Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You guys discussing whether Black Clover anime will be shitty or not is more entertaining than the anime will be, I'm sure. XD
 
Last edited:

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Also, filler with Black Clover is a great idea.
Can't this apply to every fantasy/adventure themed shonen in general? Fillers can always be a good thing if they expand the world but they rarely ever do.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Pierrot is pretty consistent in giving us anime adaptations with pretty good production values and staff for long-running series.
People sure do love to revision history. Where are you people in the Twin Star Exorcist talkback threads?
They also have the best fucking director working with them.
Noriyuki Abe.
Yeah the guy that directed the 2015 Arslan anime and the critically acclaimed Divine Gate anime this year

A man who is consistently able to make adaptations far superior than the source manga.
The Bleach anime is just as shitty as the manga and the Arslan adaptation is pretty bad. Really people just wank him off over YYH

Also, filler with Black Clover is a great idea.
The world of Black Clover has some potential, it's a whimsical fantasy world, but it has this underlying sense of grime and reality to it. It could be really neat stuff if it was fleshed out properly or at all.
The problem is Tabata can't write for shit, and has no idea how to properly execute and build this world he has.
A decent anime team however, creating stories in this world might create some stories much more memorable than anything in the manga, and might actually make the characters bearable and interesting/
Sounds like you're just hopelessly optimistic.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Can't this apply to every fantasy/adventure themed shonen in general? Fillers can always be a good thing if they expand the world but they rarely ever do.
The thing is, this hypothetical filler is not going to be written by Tabata (hopefully) which already raises the quality no matter ends up writing it.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Ya know I can use sakugabooru and cherrypick good cuts from the MHA anime to counter your points and you didn't even use the best cuts of the episode and you didn't even refute any of the examples I used like Lupin The Third Part IV guess you didn't watch it.


Yeah Mob was better. And?


Had a lot of great moments of tension and direction which was something severely lacking from those episodes of Naruto because there's more to an episode than looking pretty and showing off .


You're naive for believing something is going to be good despite evidence showing the contrary. So Pierrot is only good or bad depending on how it suits your tastes.

Mediocre

Subpar with some really bad animation

Still not good, I mean you do know they shit up canon episodes too right? Most of the war arc looked bad and was paced poorly.


So filler is only good when it comes to BC? Okay
The moment you brought up MHA as an example of great episodes I should have had leave at that. A conservative series where the only note-worthy bit was the rushed as hell All Might fight and maybe one of the cuts were Deku uses his technique.

Bruh, I even mentioned episode 478 of Naruto... That's a pure dialogue episode, but its strong directing make it one of the best.

Pierrot is a studio that have done bad in the past but even in those there are noteworthy aspects.
Where did you get that I said that filler is only good when it comes to BC? Filler is good when it's good, simple as that. What I said was that Black Clover would benefict from filler since it is too straightforward and rushed.

If they stick to the manga storyline and don't rush it, even with some filler here and there it would be a decent series. With great music and openings, and I know there'll be some rushed and horrible episodes, but some great too.

That if it's more than two cours.

Oh, and TSS is mostly outsorced.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You guys discussing whether Black Clover anime is be shitty or not is more entertaining than the anime will be, I'm sure. XD
I'm more surprise that people are excited for the adaptation and think this is a good thing. I guess the manga had a lot more closet fans here than I expected
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The moment you brought up MHA as an example of great episodes I should have had leave at that.
Still not explaining why I'm wrong in choosing that whereas I doubt anyone would take you seriously by choosing two episodes of Naruto as the best of any year.

Bruh, I even mentioned episode 478 of Naruto... That's a pure dialogue episode, but its strong directing make it one of the best
Not really. Hell doesn't even compare to the Asuma Funeral episode from years back

Pierrot is a studio that have done bad in the past but even in those there are noteworthy aspects
And they are very few and far in between. You're just cherrypicking a few examples that doesn't represent the studio as a whole just the individuals who worked on them.
Where did you get that I said that filler is only good when it comes to BC? Filler is good when it's good, simple as that. What I said was that Black Clover would benefict from filler since it is too straightforward and rushed
Pierrot makes bad filler and has frequently shown they don't care about the integratity of the source of material on a number of occasions why the hell would BC be an exception? You know what I don't even like Black Clover so it getting a studio like Pierrot is a blessing.

If they stick to the manga storyline and don't rush it, even with some filler here and there it would be a decent series. With great music and openings, and I know there'll be some rushed and horrible episodes, but some great too.

That if it's more than two cours.
You you think a series that over two cours can sustain a level of quality hroughout despite Pierrot proving the contrary on many many many many occasions that its not the case at all? That's some blind optimism there.
 

Optics

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
Wow all this shit flinging about an anime adaptation,

I think everybody needs to chill for abit.

An opinion is an opinion and nothing any side would say will change that. :gwah
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
People sure do love to revision history. Where are you people in the Twin Star Exorcist talkback threads?

You act like every single project a studio makes is guaranteed to be well received. Misfires happen, even everybody's precious Madhouse did Neuro.
The fact remains that for the most part; Pierott's track record for putting out financially successful and well received series is stellar. Cherrypicking is silly.

Yeah the guy that directed the 2015 Arslan anime and the critically acclaimed Divine Gate anime this year
Again, you act like misfires can't happen. Even the most talented artists are only human.
Should we be calling Kubrick a terrible director because of Fear and Desire & Eyes Wide Shut?


The Bleach anime is just as shitty as the manga and the Arslan adaptation is pretty bad. Really people just wank him off over YYH
I have the feeling that you aren't as familiar with Abe's work as you'd like us to think.
Abe is so underrated it's not even funny. Dude has the potential to be as renowned as filmmakers like Mamoru Oshii or Satoshi Kon, but for some reason he's very attatched to doing kids shows.
His choice though, and at least we're getting kids shows that would be infinitely more watchable than if he wasn't making them.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm more surprise that people are excited for the adaptation and think this is a good thing. I guess the manga had a lot more closet fans here than I expected
As I said before, it is guilty pleasure of everybody. They just don't want to admit it. XD
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States

You act like every single project a studio makes is guaranteed to be well received.
Misfires happen, even everybody's precious Madhouse did Neuro.
The fact remains that for the most part;Cherrypicking is silly.
So much for consistency yeah?

Pierott's track record for putting out financially successful and well received series is stellar.
Let's see from this decade alone we have
Tegami Bachi and its sequel REVERSE two anime series I'm pretty sure you don't remember
(2,724 units sold for season one, 1,715 units sold for season two) BOMB
Level E another anime I doubt you remember
(1,593) BOMB
Kingdom - Two seasons of this and it biggest boost in manga sales came from being mentioned on a variety program so the anime managed to be terrible and did nothing to the boost sales.
Naruto SD - Got canned after one year
Polar Bear Cafe - This was actually good but....
(1,079 units sold) BOMB
Gaist Crusher - Another anime you haven't watched from them and for good reason since its a disposable ad for a videogame that bombed
Baby Steps and its second season are both unremarkable sports anime with some really shitty animation
(146 units sold) BOMB
The World Is Still Beautiful - Largely forgettable shoujo fluff from two years ago
(972 units sold) BOMB
Tokyo Ghoul and Root - Both are piss poor adaptions of an already so-so to now outright bad manga series that upset a lot of fans and viewers that they bought the manga in drones as an alternative.
(3,620 units and 2,091 units sold respectively) Meh....
Yona - A heavily marketed shoujo series that everyone forgot about
(2,777 units sold) Meh....
Osomatsu-san - The success of this show was unprecedented even by them
(64,798 units sold) BIG SUCCESS
Divine Gate - Failure as an anime failure as a game
(1,323 units sold) BOMB
Twin Star Exorcists - The show that's still on but nobody is watching. Black Clover's future slot.
(125 units sold) BOMB

So what we have here is only one financially successful series, one critically acclaim one and the rest are bombs that people forgot within the last 6 years. Didn't even have to cherrypick they just go straight not the line and yet you believe BC will be a big hit.


Again, you act like misfires can't happen. Even the most talented artists are only human.
Should we be calling Kubrick a terrible director because of Fear and Desire & Eyes Wide Shut?

Both of those movies were critically acclaimed.:-_-



I have the feeling that you aren't as familiar with Abe's work as you'd like us to think.
No I'm just not blinded by nostalgia.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
I won't bother anymore.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Let's just take a stop here and wait couple months and see. At the end of the day, Japanese consumers will make their choice.

Jump Festa 2017 XEBEC will announce the adaption of Yuragi no Yuuna san, then it will sell for half a million/volume, make top 10 that year.
Jump Festa 2018 XEBEC will announce the 2nd season of Yuragi no Yuuna san, then it will sell for a million/volume, make top 5 that year.
.
Jump Festa 202X XEBEC ......

But all seriousness, we should all be ROOT for an anime adapation to be a success whether you like it or not. It boosts the source material and the mangaka make money.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
(2,724 units sold for season one, 1,715 units sold for season two) BOMB
Level E another anime I doubt you remember
(1,593) BOMB
Polar Bear Cafe - This was actually good but....
(1,079 units sold) BOMB
Baby Steps and its second season are both unremarkable sports anime with some really shitty animation
(146 units sold) BOMB
The World Is Still Beautiful - Largely forgettable shoujo fluff from two years ago
(972 units sold) BOMB
Tokyo Ghoul and Root - Both are piss poor adaptions of an already so-so to now outright bad manga series that upset a lot of fans and viewers that they bought the manga in drones as an alternative.
(3,620 units and 2,091 units sold respectively) Meh....
Yona - A heavily marketed shoujo series that everyone forgot about
(2,777 units sold) Meh....
Divine Gate - Failure as an anime failure as a game
(1,323 units sold) BOMB
Twin Star Exorcists - The show that's still on but nobody is watching. Black Clover's future slot.
(125 units sold) BOMB

.
I really don't want to start this, but, Are these sale meh too?

2,858 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.1
2,589 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.1

1,770 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.2
1,224 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.2

1,700 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.3
1,184 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.3

1,515 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.4 BD
1,003 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.4 DVD


1,473 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.5 BD
1,068 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.5
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But all seriousness, we should all be ROOT for an anime adapation to be a success whether you like it or not. It boosts the source material and the mangaka make money.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sharkbait's mind must be a mess right now... "Should I bait and bash the "poorly-to-be" adaptation with fillers... Should I rejoice about a possible Asta/Yuno kiss filler"... "Should I celebrate that BC can outsell World Trigger"...
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm more surprise that people are excited for the adaptation and think this is a good thing. I guess the manga had a lot more closet fans here than I expected
you want people to hate on something before it's even out?

personally, I'm excited for the anime even tho it's not a secret to anyone who visit this thread that I don't like the manga

of course I'm managing my expectations but I'm rooting for them and I hope they can fix it

turning something that I don't like into something that I enjoy is awesome, if they can't do that then well...it's not like it was my favorite manga before

there's no downside for me
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top