- Joined
- May 31, 2011
- Messages
- 1,036
- Reaction score
- 1,307
- Age
- 39
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
You people gotta remember opinions are not facts they are opinions. Anyway lets not turn this @*&! Flinging okay.
Can't this apply to every fantasy/adventure themed shonen in general? Fillers can always be a good thing if they expand the world but they rarely ever do.Also, filler with Black Clover is a great idea.
People sure do love to revision history. Where are you people in the Twin Star Exorcist talkback threads?Pierrot is pretty consistent in giving us anime adaptations with pretty good production values and staff for long-running series.
Yeah the guy that directed the 2015 Arslan anime and the critically acclaimed Divine Gate anime this yearThey also have the best fucking director working with them.
Noriyuki Abe.
The Bleach anime is just as shitty as the manga and the Arslan adaptation is pretty bad. Really people just wank him off over YYHA man who is consistently able to make adaptations far superior than the source manga.
Sounds like you're just hopelessly optimistic.Also, filler with Black Clover is a great idea.
The world of Black Clover has some potential, it's a whimsical fantasy world, but it has this underlying sense of grime and reality to it. It could be really neat stuff if it was fleshed out properly or at all.
The problem is Tabata can't write for shit, and has no idea how to properly execute and build this world he has.
A decent anime team however, creating stories in this world might create some stories much more memorable than anything in the manga, and might actually make the characters bearable and interesting/
The thing is, this hypothetical filler is not going to be written by Tabata (hopefully) which already raises the quality no matter ends up writing it.Can't this apply to every fantasy/adventure themed shonen in general? Fillers can always be a good thing if they expand the world but they rarely ever do.
The moment you brought up MHA as an example of great episodes I should have had leave at that. A conservative series where the only note-worthy bit was the rushed as hell All Might fight and maybe one of the cuts were Deku uses his technique.Ya know I can use sakugabooru and cherrypick good cuts from the MHA anime to counter your points and you didn't even use the best cuts of the episode and you didn't even refute any of the examples I used like Lupin The Third Part IV guess you didn't watch it.
Yeah Mob was better. And?
Had a lot of great moments of tension and direction which was something severely lacking from those episodes of Naruto because there's more to an episode than looking pretty and showing off .
You're naive for believing something is going to be good despite evidence showing the contrary. So Pierrot is only good or bad depending on how it suits your tastes.
Mediocre
Subpar with some really bad animation
Still not good, I mean you do know they shit up canon episodes too right? Most of the war arc looked bad and was paced poorly.
So filler is only good when it comes to BC? Okay
I'm more surprise that people are excited for the adaptation and think this is a good thing. I guess the manga had a lot more closet fans here than I expectedYou guys discussing whether Black Clover anime is be shitty or not is more entertaining than the anime will be, I'm sure. XD
Still not explaining why I'm wrong in choosing that whereas I doubt anyone would take you seriously by choosing two episodes of Naruto as the best of any year.The moment you brought up MHA as an example of great episodes I should have had leave at that.
Not really. Hell doesn't even compare to the Asuma Funeral episode from years backBruh, I even mentioned episode 478 of Naruto... That's a pure dialogue episode, but its strong directing make it one of the best
And they are very few and far in between. You're just cherrypicking a few examples that doesn't represent the studio as a whole just the individuals who worked on them.Pierrot is a studio that have done bad in the past but even in those there are noteworthy aspects
Pierrot makes bad filler and has frequently shown they don't care about the integratity of the source of material on a number of occasions why the hell would BC be an exception? You know what I don't even like Black Clover so it getting a studio like Pierrot is a blessing.Where did you get that I said that filler is only good when it comes to BC? Filler is good when it's good, simple as that. What I said was that Black Clover would benefict from filler since it is too straightforward and rushed
You you think a series that over two cours can sustain a level of quality hroughout despite Pierrot proving the contrary on many many many many occasions that its not the case at all? That's some blind optimism there.If they stick to the manga storyline and don't rush it, even with some filler here and there it would be a decent series. With great music and openings, and I know there'll be some rushed and horrible episodes, but some great too.
That if it's more than two cours.

People sure do love to revision history. Where are you people in the Twin Star Exorcist talkback threads?
Again, you act like misfires can't happen. Even the most talented artists are only human.Yeah the guy that directed the 2015 Arslan anime and the critically acclaimed Divine Gate anime this year
I have the feeling that you aren't as familiar with Abe's work as you'd like us to think.The Bleach anime is just as shitty as the manga and the Arslan adaptation is pretty bad. Really people just wank him off over YYH
As I said before, it is guilty pleasure of everybody. They just don't want to admit it. XDI'm more surprise that people are excited for the adaptation and think this is a good thing. I guess the manga had a lot more closet fans here than I expected
So much for consistency yeah?
You act like every single project a studio makes is guaranteed to be well received. Misfires happen, even everybody's precious Madhouse did Neuro.
The fact remains that for the most part;Cherrypicking is silly.
Let's see from this decade alone we havePierott's track record for putting out financially successful and well received series is stellar.
Again, you act like misfires can't happen. Even the most talented artists are only human.
Should we be calling Kubrick a terrible director because of Fear and Desire & Eyes Wide Shut?

No I'm just not blinded by nostalgia.I have the feeling that you aren't as familiar with Abe's work as you'd like us to think.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I really don't want to start this, but, Are these sale meh too?(2,724 units sold for season one, 1,715 units sold for season two) BOMB
Level E another anime I doubt you remember
(1,593) BOMB
Polar Bear Cafe - This was actually good but....
(1,079 units sold) BOMB
Baby Steps and its second season are both unremarkable sports anime with some really shitty animation
(146 units sold) BOMB
The World Is Still Beautiful - Largely forgettable shoujo fluff from two years ago
(972 units sold) BOMB
Tokyo Ghoul and Root - Both are piss poor adaptions of an already so-so to now outright bad manga series that upset a lot of fans and viewers that they bought the manga in drones as an alternative.
(3,620 units and 2,091 units sold respectively) Meh....
Yona - A heavily marketed shoujo series that everyone forgot about
(2,777 units sold) Meh....
Divine Gate - Failure as an anime failure as a game
(1,323 units sold) BOMB
Twin Star Exorcists - The show that's still on but nobody is watching. Black Clover's future slot.
(125 units sold) BOMB
.
But all seriousness, we should all be ROOT for an anime adapation to be a success whether you like it or not. It boosts the source material and the mangaka make money.
so what shonen animes didnt bomb to you then?
I really don't want to start this, but, Are these sale meh too?
Shokugeki no Souma and Shokugeki no Souma S2so what shonen animes didnt bomb to you then?

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
you want people to hate on something before it's even out?I'm more surprise that people are excited for the adaptation and think this is a good thing. I guess the manga had a lot more closet fans here than I expected