Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, J-Stars just seemed really half baked to me.
Ultimate Starts blew my mind back when I first played it in when the fan translation was first put out back when I was either a Freshman or Sophomore in high school, can't remember, but how many characters there were, and the amount of detail and thought that went in to building a great koma deck really impressed me for a licensed handheld game at the time. There were so many other little touches that really made it feel like it's own unique franchise of an arena fighter. It's been 10 years since JUS was released, so here's hoping that they dust it off for the 50th anniversary in 2018. If not, they probably never will. (Although then again, the One Piece DS and 3DS fighting games play like a simplified JUS)
Also having Dr. Mashirito (Dr. Slump) be the final boss is nothing but sheer brilliance which is something I didn't understand back then because I was still new to Jump manga but one I now have much appreciation for now revisiting the game.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Also having Dr. Mashirito (Dr. Slump) be the final boss is nothing but sheer brilliance which is something I didn't understand back then because I was still new to Jump manga but one I now have much appreciation for now revisiting the game.
Saaaaame! Like I mentioned, I've recently begun replaying the game on my tablet for nostalgias sake, and there are so many things I didn't really understand the relevance the first time around.
Also, not only is the game so much more fun with a bigger screen, it also aethestically looks better with both screens jus taking up one big one. Tapping komas is also a lot more comfortable with more room and the convenience of using fingers rather than a stylus.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
12/12-12/18

11. Haikyuu 24
21. Boruto 2
25. World Trigger 17
33. Toriko 42
41. Black Clover 9
58. Neverland 1
77. Yuragi 4
184. Kimetsu 4
239. Dance Club 8

30位27100/50位18200/100位10600/200位5000/300位3450
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Looks like Neverland is at around 65k now then. Pretty good legs considering it's 19 positions higher than Yuragi. Looks like it won't be another eternal 30k seller
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
As much as it depresses me that series like Hinomaru Zumou, Kimetsu no Yaiba, and Straighten Up! are struggling to break out of that mark, I'm still very happy that Jump continues to keep them in the magazine.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
It's good to see that my sudo child is doing so well. It must easily be one of the most successful new Jump manga of 2016.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Good start for Neverland.......
i would be happy to see Yaiba and dance club sell more but..........
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't, off with their heads
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Agreed... Not even a single Manga Editor is willing to put this series up to date. They are irrelevant in Japan and here... Off with their heads [2]
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This year will be known as the one that Jump lost many of its flaghships and they started to get desperate to find new ones. XD
The Promised Neverland seems to be the most successful one so far, but I still have doubts.
I still don't know if it can last long to be a flagship. A more immediate problem, though, is whether it will be able to keep its identity after the kids escape from the orphanage. The series is good because of the game of mental chess that the kids play with their "mother" and all the plan around their escape. How the author plans to keep this kind of psychological side of the series remains to see. It doesn't seem to be a series easy to maintain with high quality, Demizu Posuka will to be very careful about that.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Shirai is the author, not Demizu, but I do agree in that I'm worried about when the kids escape. Just what exactly will the manga become? I'm really curious how they plan to keep the same elements that's keeping it interesting throughout the rest of the manga. I'm at least expecting Demizu's art to shine in the outer world, as opposed to the orphanage.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
A friendly reminder that Yuuna started in 2016 and sells double what Neverland sell


anyway, did anyone noticed that the oneshot by Senyuu. and Angel Game mangaka that was published a couple of weeks ago have more people talking online about it and have more fanart than recent additions like Golazo, Demon's Plan, Amalgam, Spring Weapon...

I wouldn't be surprised if it get serialized next year
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shirai is the author, not Demizu, but I do agree in that I'm worried about when the kids escape. Just what exactly will the manga become? I'm really curious how they plan to keep the same elements that's keeping it interesting throughout the rest of the manga. I'm at least expecting Demizu's art to shine in the outer world, as opposed to the orphanage.
I was sure he did it alone, he is very talkative and famous on Twitter with his artbook and all. hahahaha
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
A friendly reminder that Yuuna started in 2016 and sells double what Neverland sell
Yuragi will never become a flagship, it is ecchi. After what happened with Shokugeki I don't have any hopes for an ecchi series becomes hugely popular.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If your manga has been in the magazine for over a year or a little under and still can't sell over 30k it's time to go.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
It's time to go only when you want to see what lies beyond the depths of bottom five.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Sales don't indicate whether a series deserves to stay though. I'm glad that Jump is in a slump atm, because it allows these series that wouldn't normally survive, to do so. I can't imagine many people who have read Hinomaru, Straighten Up and Yaiba (can't speak for Samon) saying that they don't deserve to be in the magazine, because they do. They're just niche titles.

About Neverland. I have hope that Shirai has good plans for after the escape. That's what the series is leading up to and essentially the entire point of it so far, you'd think they would have thought of that before coming up with the story for the orphanage even.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
A friendly reminder that Yuuna started in 2016 and sells double what Neverland sell
Ecchi series have lower potential ceiling, so that doesn't really matter. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if Neverland outsells it at similar points.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
speculations about the future doesn't matter

if we are talking about what is jump biggest hit from the new series in 2016 then it's Yuuna
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
speculations about the future doesn't matter

if we are talking about what is jump biggest hit from the new series in 2016 then it's Yuuna
The volumes sell that well because they feature uncensored nudity. It's a cheap marketing tactic. Plus, it's also been around longer than Neverland has, which helps to build up a fanbase. If they were closer in age, I'm willing to bet Neverland would already be outselling it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top