Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
indeed, pretty damn good timeslot for MHA s2.....
Expect good tv rating a least.......but I don't think will get another huge boost in manga sales.


Shonen Jump #6 Preview
 
Last edited:

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
It could have a second good manga sales boost due to the possible ratings, and the re-airing of S1 for that audience... but I'm not holding my breath.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Boy The Gold got absolutely robbed in the Golden Future Cup. They can't even serialized last year's winner, which is disgraceful.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I want absolutely demon's plan to be successful:
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
The first 50 or so chapters in the final arc of Bleach was great, right until the start of the 2nd invasion(exluding a fight between two captains for no reason whatsoever). Following that, it really went downhill from there.
There were great moments tho. Chapter 565, 581, 630-634 really showed Kubo's strength.
Problem with the final arc was Kubo was in such a rush to just show the bankai of all characters and then quickly have them lose the battle. He didn't build it up or anything like he did with the first quarter of the arc or even the rest of the series. It really just seemed like he wanted to show everything and end it.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Final arc nonwithstanding cause I haven't read much of it, this has to be top 5 best/favorite moments in Bleach.





how did these two not get together Kubo :fail

Just everything about this was great, one of the best bonds in anime
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
lol at everyone who thought the current fight in mha would get interrupted.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Glad the fight didn't get interrupted and we actually had a winner. I think this last MHA chapter was great, and I'm glad Bakugo is in on it now. Hope him and Izuku start to become closer
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MHA chapter was ok, but nothing can possibly beat One Piece this week. Damm.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
So, now My Hero Academia if it does well in the new timeslot, can turn into a long running series!

This was the best thing to ever happen to the franchise. It must have costed a lot of effort and money to achieve. Now for a good run for My Hero Academia ;)
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
One Piece has been unbeatable for 2~3 weeks in a row now. People cannot complain anymore about anything.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Chapter 44 (Korean Scan) of Yuragi make me think the author has the ending on his mind.

If he does, I think the manga will have around 20 volumes, or 200.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
What were your fav WSJ manga of 2016? (you can include ended titles too)
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
That Boku no Hero chapter was pretty damn good. Actually surprised that Bakugo won considering Deku's power up. Hopefully this means their rivalry can continue to grow stronger because I am really digging their relationship.

On the subject of the popularity poll color spread: HOLY SHIT ARE THOSE COSTUME DESIGNS AMAZING, especially Bakugo, Shouto, and Kirishima's. Really hoping that Hori does a fantasy manga after Boku no Hero, because he has the designs down to a tee.

Edit: My favorite manga from 2016 would definitely be Kimetsu no Yaiba and Promised Neverland. Yaiba has a nice charm to it, and Neverland is pulling off the mystery quite well. I haven't read Yuuna yet because reasons.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Well yeah, if we're talking about manga in general in 2016, then My Hero Academia was my favourite. It was amazing this year, and All Might vs. AFO was the best fight I've read in a long ass time.

In terms of new manga, it's a toss up between Kimetsu no Yaiba, and Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I watched Haikyuu!! this year. Then I read whatever the 2nd season was left off and complain about the art.

Yuragi is also up there, and Promised Neverland.

Shokugeki no Soma took a dip in 2016. Currently, the flashback is getting good and hopefully it will come back to its root in 2017.

One Piece is One Piece.

I also checked out Zumou, Dance-bu , MHA, Black Clover and Kimetsu no Yaiba. They are good/enjoyable from what I read so far, but they haven't make me want to catch up to the series. Around 10~20 chapters for each series.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ended series:

I like Love Rush, it was a much better job then E-Robot.

Assassination Classroom ending was so good, can't wait for his next work.

I enjoy Nisekoi for the most part, and I like Chitoge so I like the ending.

I did not enjoy the last year of Bleach. I was glad that it ended.

I read the first 30 chapters of Toriko and the last 2 chapters. The ending was beautiful and I will go back to read the entire series sometime in the future.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top