Special Nanatsu no Taizai Specials - Side Story: Fight!! The Great Captain of Leftover Disposal

Isaiah Thomas

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2016
Messages
411
Reaction score
308
Age
31
Country
United States
Hey is it possible that Meliodas was also known by another name 3000 years ago because it's strange to me that Jenna & Zaneli don't know that the most cruelest & ruthless demon that the goddess feared is right in front of them.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,677
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hey is it possible that Meliodas was also known by another name 3000 years ago because it's strange to me that Jenna & Zaneli don't know that the most cruelest & ruthless demon that the goddess feared is right in front of them.
Maybe they were very young back then. Or they are so used to their new lives that they have forgot.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Wow, this is the third time Solaseed's guitar has been brought up... it's getting a bit redundant. :twitch

But yes, this could lead to some interesting development, together with Arbus' character - he was smiling when Meliodas was killed, after all.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,677
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
Who do you think will be featured in the next SS? If as I think Guila is meant to appear in each ones, it means Gil and Vivian will return to Liones if the SS is about them.

Fuck I thought I was first :-/
WAHAHAHAHAHA.
 

Undina

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 31, 2016
Messages
3,811
Reaction score
4,622
Country
Romania
Now I'm starting to wonder if "reincarnation" or "possession" could really be on the table for Elizabeth's situation, given how we were shown that "possession" doesn't have the "guest" to alter the host's appearance, and "reincarnation" doesn't truly make sense in the context where no human(possessed by a goddess or not) should be able to survive the Danafor nuke(she previously died by a mere stab wound) and even Wandle(whom we suspect of being Hawk's previous incarnation) died in there or even before the explosion. And LOL:umad at all the crazy choices those goddesses are making; can't blame them for rejecting the war, but not keeping tabs on the events, participants or trying to gather info on what had originally happened makes them look thoroughly ignorant...and that while they've been implied to be "cooking" something big in the main altar in Istar, not recognising a fellow goddess' soul and one of them repeating the blunder of falling for one of their greatest "enemies" as fast as blinking. :story
There's one thing that gets me really confused: what "battlefield" were they trying to escape while making the possession deal if the twins have been stated to be around 1800 years old and the ancient holy war happened 3000 years before current events?! :wonder Or have they been referred to as 1800+ years old?
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
There's one thing that gets me really confused: what "battlefield" were they trying to escape while making the possession deal if the twins have been stated to be around 1800 years old and the ancient holy war happened 3000 years before current events?! :wonder Or have they been referred to as 1800+ years old?
I assume their original bodies were 1800 years old, because nothing else seems to add up. :wonder
 

Baum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
775
Reaction score
779
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
"reincarnation" doesn't truly make sense in the context where no human(possessed by a goddess or not) should be able to survive the Danafor nuke
I don't think I mentioned it on here but I've been thinking for a while that the whole reincarnation thing might work like with a phoenix in a sense. Once Elizabeth's current incarnation dies the next one is born (not entirely sure how exactly it'd work tho)

Ellie was born on the day of Danafor's destruction and I seriously doubt Meliodas just goes looking for a newborn that looks like his old lover whenever she dies. It has to be directly tied to her death.

And Hawk how he is now seems to work in a similar way. Main difference is that he literally got reborn and doesn't "just" reincarnate.
 

Undina

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 31, 2016
Messages
3,811
Reaction score
4,622
Country
Romania
I assume their original bodies were 1800 years old, because nothing else seems to add up. :wonder
Does that mean the twins' souls are still in the bodies?! I was under the impression they gave up their bodies as they were already dying and their souls moved on, while leaving the "shells" for the goddesses to use. And the phrasing still makes it odd, since it sounds as though the same 2 goddesses who were trying to escape the unknown war(it doesn't sound as it was about the sisters, even if they were said to have gone through war and starvation) weren't actually "hiding".

I don't think I mentioned it on here but I've been thinking for a while that the whole reincarnation thing might work like with a phoenix in a sense. Once Elizabeth's current incarnation dies the next one is born (not entirely sure how exactly it'd work tho)

Ellie was born on the day of Danafor's destruction and I seriously doubt Meliodas just goes looking for a newborn that looks like his old lover whenever she dies. It has to be directly tied to her death.

And Hawk how he is now seems to work in a similar way. Main difference is that he literally got reborn and doesn't "just" reincarnate.
The "phoenix" technique is more of what I have in mind as well; it seems as though a lot of her original power was either used up in the Seal, or turned dormant for some reason(Meliodas claims she has power that needs "awakening", plus I doubt that in the fight against Hendricksen she only had a 1925 PL, she did dispel "Dark Nebula" and aoe healed most of the Liones population) and with the little she was left she could only "recreate" a human form for herself. I'm still waiting for the animation of the memory "trip" Zarathras offered, because I had the odd impression the blast in Danafor wasn't just made of Hellblaze but it also showcased her light wings, there's something in the midst of the flare that resembles the inner curves of her spread out superior pair of wings.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Does that mean the twins' souls are still in the bodies?! I was under the impression they gave up their bodies as they were already dying and their souls moved on, while leaving the "shells" for the goddesses to use. And the phrasing still makes it odd, since it sounds as though the same 2 goddesses who were trying to escape the unknown war(it doesn't sound as it was about the sisters, even if they were said to have gone through war and starvation) weren't actually "hiding".
I doubt the twins are still alive - seeing as there's nobody to "hide" from in the current era, I feel like Jenna and Zaneli would have already left the bodies of the twins; the phrasing makes it seem, just like you said, like the twins gave them permission to enter the bodies and then passed away, ooor the twins' souls are alive, but their lives depend on Jenna and Zaneli.
The only answer I can think of is that the two goddesses were 1,800 years old before possessing the bodies, seeing as this phenomenon (of possession) seems to stop their aging, as some goddesses are/were still alive even after 3,000 years (the one in the Horn of Cernunnos, Nerobasta, apparently the one in Solaseed's guitar etc.), so it could be that their original bodies' aging is halted after entering a host.
 
Last edited:

baditz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2015
Messages
2,420
Reaction score
1,345
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I will not suprise if Gowther mind fuck Deathpierce, and stay low for some plan.
So the horn is not communication divice to Goddess realm, but that horn "seal" goddess huh.
If Meliodas destroy the horn, what happen to that goddess? Is she die? Or what
 

MrSchmitty7

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 20, 2016
Messages
3,656
Reaction score
6,861
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Didn't Meliodas already destroy the horn in "signs of the holy war?"
 

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
3,450
Reaction score
16,961
Gender
Male
Country
France
And even if the horn did get destroyed, there's no telling if the Goddess hasn't already moved to another object now.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,216
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
There's no way the Goddess in the Horn is dead. Sorry but you have to be a idiot to believe that. The fact she's laughing like a maniac should tell you everything.
 

Undina

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 31, 2016
Messages
3,811
Reaction score
4,622
Country
Romania
Not all elements from these episodes can be considered canon so maybe it's not destroyed.
Does the horn make a chronological appearance in any chapter, canon or omake, after they left for Camelot? I can't recall seeing it or even being mentioned. And I thought that the scene where he's mentioning the vessels happens in the omakes about the mission right before they were staged for Zarathras' murder and chased out of the kingdom.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,677
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
Does the horn make a chronological appearance in any chapter, canon or omake, after they left for Camelot? I can't recall seeing it or even being mentioned. And I thought that the scene where he's mentioning the vessels happens in the omakes about the mission right before they were staged for Zarathras' murder and chased out of the kingdom.
I don't remember it appearing either.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Where is the horn shown as being destroyed?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,677
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
Where is the horn shown as being destroyed?
It's not in the manga. Meliodas destroyed it in the first episode of Signs of Holy War with Hellblaze. Certain things like Vivian's ring seem to be canon and we have not see the horn since that discussion with Ban so some think that it's really been destroyed in the manga.
 
Top