Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire


seems like they're pretty confident KnY will keep growing since the mangaka is making the cast bigger
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
mangastream picked up black clover :eyeroll

now they do every single manga that viz do (and more)
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
How much Kimetsu no Yaiba is selling right now?
(Since Nisekoi became "unpopular", I'm not caring about sales or rankings, it became more grave when it ended. XD)
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Kimetsu is a member of the 30k club (Hinomaru-Samon-Dancing-Isobee)

however it's the only member that have its sales increase with each volume so it might leave the club soon
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
mangastream picked up black clover :eyeroll

now they do every single manga that viz do (and more)
I expected as such. They did the same when My Hero Academia's anime was announced too.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I've seen comments on it before but this is first time I've paid attention to it... souma is ranked lower than yuragi? Was 2016 considered a down year for it?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It was a down year for Shokugeki no Soma although its quality didn't fall an inch.
People didn't like the current arc for some reason.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Kimetsu no Yaiba volume sale:
Volume 2 -16,323 - 4 days
Volume 3 -25,967 - 6 days
Volume 4 -21,815 - 3 days
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It was a down year for Shokugeki no Soma although its quality didn't fall an inch.
People didn't like the current arc for some reason.
No Erina foodgasms.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Production I.G ( Haikyuu ) , music : Yuki Hayashi from MHA
OMG!! GG!
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Production I.G ( Haikyuu ) , music : Yuki Hayashi from MHA
Is this true? Because if so, then I am really excited for the upcoming anime. Production IG handled Haikyuu and Kuroko's animes quite well so I'm expecting some quality dancing animations. Obviously they might not be on par with Haikyuu's superb animation due to certain reasons, but I still have high hopes that it will be good nonetheless.

In other news, I just finished reading Toriko (about an hour ago) and damn, that was one hell of a ride.
In the beginning it was quite a mediocre to average manga in terms of story and art, and it really didn't grip me with its first 10 or so chapters like other series did. In fact, at one point I dropped the series. I didn't return to it until months later when I couldn't find a series to read and I saw a certain page that got me motivated to pick it back up again. I'm really glad I gave it that second chance because at about 60 chapters in, the Century Soup arc began and that's when Toriko truly began to shine. I loved how manly and hardcore and generally over the top everything was with the scale of the beasts they faced and environments they struggled through. I loved the designs of the creatures, and it really seemed like Shimabu enjoyed coming up with the designs. As the series neared its end, I loved the hell out of the just enormous and ridiculous scale of the fights that went down. I'm really disappointed that it ended as soon as it did because if it had begun it's serialization 5 to 10 years earlier it definitely would have been a bigger lasting hit than it was now. Actually, my fantasy for this series would have been a 700 or so chapter series that had 3 major sagas covering the Human World, Gourmet World, and space (yes I loved it that much if you couldn't tell). Sadly, this will only remain a dream of mine.
In summary, Toriko was an amazing series to read and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who enjoys battle manga.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Production I.G ( Haikyuu ) , music : Yuki Hayashi from MHA
Yeh, is this true? I haven't found any confirmation yet. But if it is, that's crazy. I'm a bit butthurt they didn't pick up HZ, but Ballroom's probably gonna be amazing if it's done by them.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Why not go to the Shounen Magazine thread and find out? XD
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just can't make it past Yaiba's art. It's just so unappealing to me.
 

justsomeguy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
14
Country
The Wall
I've seen comments on it before but this is first time I've paid attention to it... souma is ranked lower than yuragi? Was 2016 considered a down year for it?
Yup, Yuragi has better average atm. But Soma is only ranking bad since October. It's got 7 bottom out of the last 10 ranks and had gotten only 4 in the whole year.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, having looked at the scans for chapter 21 of Neverland, does it seem like the art has improved? I'm thinking Posuka finally became accustomed to the weekly serialization schedule, or he got new assistants, or both. Either way, there's a definite art improvement.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,295
Reaction score
7,328
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I wonder what would happen with the various jump series fanbases if the stream got taken down, they've got a huge foothold in fanscans for the more mainstream stuff (with btt probably being the biggest site for smaller series). Some other sites would get big in not too long of course but those two have been the main folk for years at this point.

Even just the permanent one day delay we got a couple years back for the big 3 had people angry/confused for a good while.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
What I don't get is why there are people who are so persistent in wanting a series they read to be picked up by MS. I mean, why? If there's already a good scan group doing it then what's the point?
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,295
Reaction score
7,328
Age
33
Country
Scotland
They release chapters faster than any other groups and that's all that matters to a lot of the fanbase for popular stuff.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What I don't get is why there are people who are so persistent in wanting a series they read to be picked up by MS. I mean, why? If there's already a good scan group doing it then what's the point?
It ensures popularity, usually. Neverland probably wouldn't be as popular as it is now had MS not picked it up from the beginning, for instance. At least, discussion-wise. The same would happen to Kimetsu if they decided to pick it up, I'd wager.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Because they translate the chapters fast?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top