Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Kimetsu no Yaiba's anime is pretty much inevitable now with how its growing, I'll be surprised if we don't see an announcement by the end of the year.

Who do people want to see adapt it? It feels kind of like a Madhouse series to me.
Madhouse or Bones
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
KnY to Madhouse is a dead sentence. 12 episodes and no season 2.

Hunter x Hunter 2011. They are one million seller, KnY is not.

edit: OPM is closed to a million, still valid.
 
Last edited:

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I was thinking Sunrise would be a great choice. They're known for successful adaptations and KnY could work in their hands. I'm excited to see the boost that the series will get.

Other choices are Bones, IG or maybe MAPPA. Madhouse would be up there with Sunrise if they don't bail after the first one or two seasons.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
It's hard to tell. I do agree that Madhouse would not be good for it. Bones possibly, but Kimetsu's fights aren't that crazy. What it does have though is a distinctive style which Bones loves. One thing though is that Bones already have a long running WSJ title with MHA, which I imagine them to be doing for the foreseeable future.

I could see IG as well. Honestly I'd be happy with either.
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
KnY to Madhouse is a dead sentence. 12 episodes and no season 2.

Hunter x Hunter 2011 and One Punch Man are not valid argument. They are one million seller, KnY is not.
I imagine by the time it gets another season it would have enough material for 2-cours. I'd say up to the Spider Arc is enough for 1-Cour.
And regardless of the studio, unless they want a long runner, I don't think a Kimetsu adaption will have a 2nd season anyway unless it gets a HUGE boost.

I also never believed that Madhouse are against Season 2's just because. They've done several other season 2's other than OPM.

And it's difficult to say how they would handle a on-going Jump series(if even semi-successful).
HxH already had 30+ volumes when they started it, and DN was a short series to begin with.
I mean, personally I believe they'll adapt OPM all the way until the manga ends if it stays successful and continues to put out material consistently.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
KnY to Madhouse is a dead sentence. 12 episodes and no season 2.

Hunter x Hunter 2011 and One Punch Man are not valid argument. They are one million seller, KnY is not.
But isn't that up to Shueisha if a season 2 occurs, not so much Madhouse? Unless the anime flops, we'll get a continuation, no?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Some years ago we were more careful about speculating about animes, because it was not something every series got, but now people talk about anime to a series with 4 volumes selling a bit more than 50k.... Anime market became less meticulous in just a few years?
 
Last edited:

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
HxH already had 30+ volumes when they started it, and DN was a short series to begin with.
I mean, personally I believe they'll adapt OPM all the way until the manga ends if it stays successful and continues to put out material consistently.
Shuiesha is a part of the committee with Hunter x Hunter, they paid money for Madhouse to make 148 episodes.

Deathnote is a million seller.

Both cases Shueisha is the producer or part of the producer.
But isn't that up to Shueisha if a season 2 occurs, not so much Madhouse? Unless the anime flops, we'll get a continuation, no?
I have a hard time believing this. I'm just taking an example

Shokugeki sold 1k blu ray, ultimately it doesn't make any profit for JC Staff, and it's a late night anime (10 pm). I also don't believe merchandises help JC Staff, there are less than 10 figures made for Shokugeki

Unless Shueisha pour money (which is a rare case), no studio or committee should feel obligatory to make season 2. Ultimately, I'm not sure about this topic so I will refrain from answering.

If they have a saying, they should have green-lit season 3 of Nisekoi. Shaft has so much money from the Monogtari series, a 12 episodes won't hurt. And the Blu Ray of Nisekoi still make money. It's also the longest romance comedy (5 years) and sold for 10 million copies.
-------------

I have nothing against Madhouse, their animation is top notch. But honestly, they are not for Jump series unless that particular series is in a million seller.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What Jump series do you think will be the next million seller?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
What Jump series do you think will be the next million seller?
Nothing. Haikyuu reached it I think in 2016 with one of it's volumes but other than that no "new series" will become one anytime soon.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I'd be happy with any studio as long as it isn't a bad adaptation and it boosts the sales immensely. Bones and Madhouse are on my mind though, not so much Production IG since they seem geared more towards the sports manga of Jump and I really want them to do Hinomaru Zumou.

Hunter x Hunter 2011 and One Punch Man are not valid argument. They are one million seller, KnY is not.
One-Punch Man is a one million seller? As in per volume? It seems like only the first couple of volumes almost reached that mark (~900k average). If I'm wrong though, then those are some seriously good numbers. Really wonder why Murata doesn't do consistent releases...

What Jump series do you think will be the next million seller?
I still stand by my statement that Hero Academia could have been at or above Haikyuu's level of success if they waited and used 2 cours to cover up until the tournament arc. Hopefully they learned their lesson for season 2 and fix the pacing issues, as well as boost the sales of the manga even further.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Also, why no scans are "up to date" to Kimetsu no Yaiba?? Some nasty redraws? Lot's of dialogue lines?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
No Toriko copies print/sold update?
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Also, why no scans are "up to date" to Kimetsu no Yaiba?? Some nasty redraws? Lot's of dialogue lines?
WSJ doesn't come out officially until Saturday. The translators use the official raws.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I have a hard time believing this. I'm just taking an example

Shokugeki sold 1k blu ray, ultimately it doesn't make any profit for JC Staff, and it's a late night anime (10 pm). I also don't believe merchandises help JC Staff, there are less than 10 figures made for Shokugeki

Unless Shueisha pour money (which is a rare case), no studio or committee should feel obligatory to make season 2. Ultimately, I'm not sure about this topic so I will refrain from answering.

If they have a saying, they should have green-lit season 3 of Nisekoi. Shaft has so much money from the Monogtari series, a 12 episodes won't hurt. And the Blu Ray of Nisekoi still make money. It's also the longest romance comedy (5 years) and sold for 10 million copies.
-------------

I have nothing against Madhouse, their animation is top notch. But honestly, they are not for Jump series unless that particular series is in a million seller.
Didn't it sell like 2.5k copies for SnS season. 1. Yes and that's why season 2 suffered since it had a shorter run. Maybe it could've just gotten the season since the manga was selling well.

I'm pretty sure that if Madhouse picks up KnY then they would have to do more than a single season.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I


One-Punch Man is a one million seller? As in per volume? It seems like only the first couple of volumes almost reached that mark (~900k average). If I'm wrong though, then those are some seriously good numbers. Really wonder why Murata doesn't do consistent releases...
Okay I lied, not million seller but really close. My point still stands.

1,016,243 One Punch-Man Vol.1
946,587 One Punch-Man Vol.2
894,482 One Punch-Man Vol.3
871,927 One Punch-Man Vol.4
845,999 One Punch-Man Vol.5
831,255 One Punch-Man Vol.6
852,098 One Punch-Man Vol.7
837,892 One Punch-Man Vol.8
764,319 One Punch-Man Vol.9

OPM also have really fanstatic Blu Ray sales
Didn't it sell like 2.5k copies for SnS season. 1. Yes and that's why season 2 suffered since it had a shorter run. Maybe it could've just gotten the season since the manga was selling well.

I'm pretty sure that if Madhouse picks up KnY then they would have to do more than a single season.
We'll see. I hope whatever studio decide to pick it up does a good job and raise the sale.
But forsure popularity, it has to be A-1 or Toei.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Bones is probably the best fit for Yaiba imo. But with them already doing MHA, it seems kind of unlikely.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top