Few questions I've seen explored immediately about this, so I wanted to collect everyone's ideas in one thread:
:EDIT: The site went down earlier today immediately when I posted this and I thought it was lost forever. Thank the gods of sequential storytelling I didn't have to remember this whole post from scratch.
- Can this be undone by knocking out Mont-d'Or?
- Is this just a collection of bizarre creatures or are there political prisoners?
- Is this another place Mam keeps hostages as leverage over her enemies?
- Will there be a bunch of prisoners that join the SH Grand Fleet?
- I know our experience with Sugar and others make us assume that the Book Book prison will be undone with a KO, but consider Brulee's ability. It's very similar to Mont'dour's in that it uses physical objects as portals to a pocket dimension. The only clear difference being that the Mirror Mirror world is a central hub with portals to every(?) mirror, and the Book Book world has identical but separate hubs connected to a corresponding book. Brulee looks pretty KO'd to me, and the Mirror Mirror world is still there so it stands to reason the Book Book world will be too.
- Everything convenient to lock up forever in a near-perfect prison system. Dissident citizens (I expect to find Jinbei in a book) and rival pirate groups who didn't want to play nice (see what's happening to the SHs now). Maybe marine spies who get to close for comfort.
- Absolutely. I'm not a fan of the idea that Zeff is in Totland, but if he is he's definitely being kept in a book. This also brings me to another idea- What if Big Mam has Laboon? He's bizarre and has a giant SH jolly roger on his head. I don't think Sanji is the only SH that BM has done research on and is holding hostage. There's a reason she's still so confident in her cat/mouse grudge with Luffy, and it's probably because she's holding ALL of their loved ones hostage. What if Brook actually does get the upper hand just to be told Laboon is her new pet? What if she holds Foosha Village hostage? Cocoyasi? Side note on that- if Laboon was stolen, I'll be Crocus will contact Rayleigh. It'd be really cool to see the old crew get together to help the SHs with Big Mam. We still only know a handful of the previous PK's crew.
- ...Yes. It's interesting to see that BM is just a LOT better at doing via cunning and manipulation what Doffy could barely do with brute force. And she's doing it on a massive scale compared to his little birdcage. But her downfall could mean a proportionate boost to the SH Alliance compared to what happened after Dressrosa. In a way, the entire nation of Totland is a hostage to her whims.
:EDIT: The site went down earlier today immediately when I posted this and I thought it was lost forever. Thank the gods of sequential storytelling I didn't have to remember this whole post from scratch.
Last edited:
