Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Just finished reading Assassination Classroom. That was such a roller coaster of a series. Very addictive, and very fun! Moving back to Beelzebub now.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States

Azure Warrior

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
315
Age
32
Country
United States
Tried reading World's End Harem, but I can't. The MC is just too annoying for me.

"I can't sleep with these woman and SAVE HUMANITY, because I'm commited to my old girlfriend".

The main things I dislike from Ecchi and Harem is when the MC just refuses to act like 99% of guys would do in said situations
IMO This is the one reason why I found most manga and recent anime in this genre very mediocre and still do. They don't take any risks and follow the same fomula every single time.

Did I forget to mention that they are oversaturating the market? Call me a cuck all want, but that's just how a feel with cookie cutter ecchi or harems shows. At least Yuragi-sou no Yuuna san is a fresh breath of air.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Looks like Yuuna-san will get an anime announcement most likely in 2017, according to the latest chapter's editor message.
I'm predicting Kimetsu and Samon might get them too, possibly Neverland if Shueisha wants to push it for 2018.
Hinomaru probably won't get one, Sesuji maybe could to match Kodansha's Ballroom e Youkoso.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The occident and Japan have extremely different cultures. I have no doubt that almost everybody here would act with its instincts and sleep with the girls. A lot of Brazilian men would sleep with all of the at the same time. That's how things are here. XD
However, in Japan it is different and we know that.

I particularly have a reclusive personality and I wouldn't have the courage either and if I liked my girlfriend and would reject as well, but I'm not "normal", so to speak. Even though I also get annoyed sometime because they overdo it, I like this purity and innocence.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
The occident and Japan have extremely different cultures. I have no doubt that almost everybody here would act with its instincts and sleep with the girls. A lot of Brazilian men would sleep with all of the at the same time. That's how things are here. XD
However, in Japan it is different and we know that.

I particularly have a reclusive personality and I wouldn't have the courage either and if I liked my girlfriend and would reject as well, but I'm not "normal", so to speak. Even though I also get annoyed sometime because they overdo it, I like this purity and innocence.
Well it mainly frustrates me with this series because they basically tell him "the far of humanity lies on you reproducing with these woman".
While it does bother me in other series, I can least somewhat understand or find it reasonable that some guy might turn down all the woman in his harem. But in this series he's basically turning down saving the human race. Though I may be taking all this too serious
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looks like Yuuna-san will get an anime announcement most likely in 2017, according to the latest chapter's editor message.
Well, that's pretty fast.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Estimated Sales (31 days)

732,085 Haikyuu!! 24
686,574 One Punch-Man 12

309,069 World Trigger 17
308,103 Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 2
214,427 Toriko 42
210,500 To LOVE-ru Darkness 17
156,174 Black Clover 9
155,778 Dragon Ball Super 2
130,803 Kinnikuman 57
124,479 Sousei no Onmyouji 10
124,429 Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 4
105,216 Boys Over Flowers: Next Season 5
*91,158 Yakusoku no Neverland 1
*75,513 Kuroko no Basket: Replace Plus 5
*63,409 Fire Punch 3
*57,411 Kimetsu no Yaiba 4

No Straighten Up. Not sure if book-rank is more accurate or the guy on 2ch, but you get the idea. Super got a 20k reprint boost and Neverland should be around 90k, pretty interesting list
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Estimated Sales (31 days)

732,085 Haikyuu!! 24
686,574 One Punch-Man 12

309,069 World Trigger 17
308,103 Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 2
214,427 Toriko 42
210,500 To LOVE-ru Darkness 17
156,174 Black Clover 9
155,778 Dragon Ball Super 2
130,803 Kinnikuman 57
124,479 Sousei no Onmyouji 10
124,429 Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 4
105,216 Boys Over Flowers: Next Season 5
*91,158 Yakusoku no Neverland 1
*75,513 Kuroko no Basket: Replace Plus 5
*63,409 Fire Punch 3
*57,411 Kimetsu no Yaiba 4

No Straighten Up. Not sure if book-rank is more accurate or the guy on 2ch, but you get the idea. Super got a 20k reprint boost and Neverland should be around 90k, pretty interesting list
So Neverland will have hit 100k just in a little over a month's time. That's pretty damn good.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
So Neverland will have hit 100k just in a little over a month's time. That's pretty damn good.
It's at 86k on 2ch's list but yeah, it's very close to 100k
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Xebec probably will resume TLR: Darkness in 2018 (first and second season was 3 years apart). So, 2017 is probably a good year for Yuragi adaption if it also get adapt by Xebec. Although with the recent bomb Keijo!!!!!! i don't know if Xebec is a good choice for it.

Shuiesha probably wants another IP for the ecchi/harem department.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Black Clover oppression is unstoppable. After the anime, how much you guys think it will sell?

I hope it gets around 400k.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Black Clover oppression is unstoppable. After the anime, how much you guys think it will sell?

I hope it gets around 400k.
I think it's going to do a lot better than people expect. So, something like 600-700 thousand.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think it's going to do a lot better than people expect. So, something like 600-700 thousand.
Your sir, are optimistic... But serious... You really think BC can reach Haikyuu levels and surpass MHA? This is not a small feat.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Looks like Yuuna-san will get an anime announcement most likely in 2017, according to the latest chapter's editor message.
I'm predicting Kimetsu and Samon might get them too, possibly Neverland if Shueisha wants to push it for 2018.
Hinomaru probably won't get one, Sesuji maybe could to match Kodansha's Ballroom e Youkoso.
What message? Please.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Your sir, are optimistic... But serious... You really think BC can reach Haikyuu levels and surpass MHA? This is not a small feat.
I really think it will. I don't have nothing to say (concrete base or something), it's just a guess (and hoping).
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Your sir, are optimistic... But serious... You really think BC can reach Haikyuu levels and surpass MHA? This is not a small feat.
Yeah, I think it can, assuming the anime is handled well. But either way, I'm expecting a massive anime boost. I guess we'll see.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top