Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But I agree with you. It's not that good. But it don't make us hate just because of that.
Well yeah anyone would be peeved that something like Black Clover is up in running to the the next cash cow instead of Kimetsu but disdain for BC seems to be felt all over the internet not only limited to WSJ threads. The series does have a readerbase though which is more than I can say for Zumo, Straighten Up and Kimets unfortunately but it exists and when the anime was announced there was a plethora people here and all over who were excited for it especially when Pierrot was doing it. At this point I'm just waiting to see how shit goes down and whether Jump's strategy will pay off it can't be any worse than how Beelzebub turned out.
 
Last edited:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Well yeah anyone would be peeved that something like Black Clover is up in running to the the next cash cow instead of Kimetsu but disdain for BC seems to be felt all over the internet not only limited to WSJ threads. The series does have a readerbase though which is more than I can say for Zumo, Straighten Up and Kimets unfortunately but it exists and when the anime was announced there was a plethora people here and all over who were excited for it especially when Pierrot was doing it. At this point I'm just waiting to see how shit goes down and whether Jump's strategy will pay off it can't be any worse than how Beelzebub turned out.
Speaking of Pierrot, if there's one thing they're good at, it's the openings and endings that they do. Which brings me to my question Who are the best directors for opening and endings? Any name I should keep my eye on in the future?
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
The thing for me about BC is there is nothing truly unique or "Wow!" about the series.

Just a worse Toriko.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I saw Black Clover being compared to Naruto and Fairy Tail in the past and now Toriko? Please, decide yourselves. hahaha
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Speaking of Pierrot, if there's one thing they're good at, it's the openings and endings that they do. Which brings me to my question Who are the best directors for opening and endings? Any name I should keep my eye on in the future?
If we're looking for examples of good animated openings, then what I am talking about is openings such as Shippuden #4, #6, #7, #9, #13, and #16. Those are the best openings from a visual department in my opinion.
 
Last edited:

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I saw Black Clover being compared to Naruto and Fairy Tail in the past and now Toriko? Please, decide yourselves. hahaha
Lol facts :D. Hearing too many takes on it is giving me a bad feeling on my future endeavors towards it
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The thing for me about BC is there is nothing truly unique or "Wow!" about the series.

Just a worse Toriko.
That's an insult to Toriko which just suffered from hype backlash than the source of material being bad or anything
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
The thing for me about BC is there is nothing truly unique or "Wow!" about the series.

Just a worse Toriko.
Your quote in your signature pretty much sums up what I'm thinking.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'm expecting toriko level success, so about 450-480k max .......
Actually nvm. Toriko was selling way more than BC prior to it's anime so I don't think it's likely for it to reach Toriko level success.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Speaking of Pierrot, if there's one thing they're good at, it's the openings and endings that they do. Which brings me to my question Who are the best directors for opening and endings? Any name I should keep my eye on in the future?
Bleach OP 13 is a great one, directed by Masashi Ishihama. Some of his other works include Beelzebub ED3, Bleach OP5, Erased's ED, Psycho-Pass 2's OP, AoT ED2, and some others. Really like his style.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Speaking of Pierrot, if there's one thing they're good at, it's the openings and endings that they do. Which brings me to my question Who are the best directors for opening and endings? Any name I should keep my eye on in the future?
Shingo Yamashita is the one who directed Twin Star Exorcist second opening,........probably my favorite animated OP in 2016.......
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
If we're looking for examples of good animated openings, then what I am talking about is openings such as Shippuden #4, #6, #7, #9, #13, and #16. Those are the best openings from a visual department in my opinion.
It's not just the visuals too. The song selection for those are also top-notch. I really hope they have a good director for MHA season 3's OP if they ever go that far. Because we all know the second half of that season is FUCKIN' HYPE. I won't accept anything less than perfection for that arc. I have high hopes, from the Openings, to the animation.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shingo Yamashita is the one who directed Twin Star Exorcist second opening,........probably my favorite animated OP in 2016.......
Funny, to me the 3rd opening was beyond amazing on animation. One of the best of all anime I've ever see. The song is shit though.

And yeah, I mentioned this before... Pierrot excels on soundtrack. Not only openings and endings, the inner OSTs of Naruto, Blech, Beelzebub and many, many other anime were amazing.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
My favourite is whoever directed the Mob Psycho 100 OP. Give that guy a medal for winning my heart.
It's not just the visuals too. The song selection for those are also top-notch. I really hope they have a good director for MHA season 3's OP if they ever go that far. Because we all know the second half of that season is FUCKIN' HYPE. I won't accept anything less than perfection for that arc. I have high hopes, from the Openings, to the animation.
I'm still holding on to hope that Season 2 is 2 cours... but yeah, the OP for that arc better be the tits.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Well yeah anyone would be peeved that something like Black Clover is up in running to the the next cash cow instead of Kimetsu but disdain for BC seems to be felt all over the internet not only limited to WSJ threads. The series does have a readerbase though which is more than I can say for Zumo, Straighten Up and Kimets unfortunately but it exists and when the anime was announced there was a plethora people here and all over who were excited for it especially when Pierrot was doing it. At this point I'm just waiting to see how shit goes down and whether Jump's strategy will pay off it can't be any worse than how Beelzebub turned out.
Not that Pierrot will make it any better, but if the fillers actually take advantage of most of the things Yuki Tabata is neglecting to develop, for me that will be better than the main story. Some of Naruto´s fillers actually put more screentime to side characters that Kishimoto neglected in the long run. Just saying
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
My favourite is whoever directed the Mob Psycho 100 OP. Give that guy a medal for winning my heart.

I'm still holding on to hope that Season 2 is 2 cours... but yeah, the OP for that arc better be the tits.
I'll second that. Mob Pycho opening is the best indeed.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Funny, to me the 3rd opening was beyond amazing on animation. One of the best of all anime I've ever see. The song is shit though.
I find OP 3 visually cool but doesn't have great 2D animation....... considering everything is just digital effects.
 

Azure Warrior

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
315
Age
32
Country
United States
Unless there is a hot female Wizard King that joins after the current one dies, then I refuse to believe Black Clover is a bonefide Naruto clone. :nerd
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Mfw Foreverworld hates the eldlive anime and now I love eldlive even more :teehee
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I don't have time to watch more than like 5 shows a season anymore. I didnt like Amano's writing in KHR, elDLIVE doesn't look like something I'd like, and and I've been hearing that it isn't great anyway. I'm not going to bother checking it out.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, any chance on an early ToC leak?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top