Shounen Demon's Plan by Okamoto Yoshimichi

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We got introduced to the 'world of demons' I guess.

Expected factions to show up, but it's 4-man team? Surely there's more to it than that (I miss something). They all look weird man and I wasn't impressed other than having country-equivalent power. I can see them trying to recruit Carlos, he's gonna be awesome as the "destruction" demon.

The new guy Eustass really made this chapter, I'm happy there's someone like him.

Overall this chapter was better than the previous couple.



I'm not bothered by it. Other than plot armour potential - but even that is fine as well if it's under the condition of protection (his desire, for which has been noted by Patron to be special).
Dogmas just 10 people who are closest to winning and that group is just a faction inside of it. I guess the Domineerist is a Dogma
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I think Boro's demon plan power is very cool and unique but it really is an asspull waiting to happen if there's no clear development with it in its own. It's fine to me for now since it's just starting out. If the author can finesse a weakness in the midst of Boro progressively getting stronger it would work pretty good to me. I like Carlos' demon plan more though.
 

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
I liked Chapter 6 but there is something that I didn't understand for some reason , Dogma is a group of 10 demons right ? what about that Velvet group thingy , are they part of Dogma or a separate group ?
 

amit-monsterman999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2012
Messages
899
Reaction score
327
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
i think the armour is interesting as it will evolve to full body armour with shields to increase defensive range to protect others
also he can fight with his knuckles and his fist
personally i like the idea of armour in my opinion if he got armour or scales that not only defended him but also enhanced his physical skills like make him jump and run faster he'd be a powerhouse character able to go berserk without fear of dying we know he can take a lot of damage
i also wonder if one can evolve the plan by simply going to a near death state if your about to die like say have your heart ripped out but still want to live so desperately could you awaken the true inner demon within it

also i don't see the point of joining wouldn't dying be better your out of the game
to begin with and also how do you even agree to this you'd have to be desperate none of these characters seem to show they were desperate for this kind of power and wanted it i mean boro just got it without any remorse or anythign
 

amit-monsterman999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2012
Messages
899
Reaction score
327
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
the story is emotional is it real and legit is the question or does he work for the feudal lord as well it could be a twisted story its similar to boro's story too in a way id be fishy about it
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well then, things turned quite seinen in the span of a single chapter.

Justice has quite the backstory. I imagine he fails in saving his sister and the village, despite activating Demon's Plan.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Eustace seemed to have the typical hero complex. It's sad how things ended for his friends family. Right now it's looking more like he's out for revenge instead of justice. I hope he gets it. The fact that he needs Boro's help might mean Rovleon is also a part of the Demon's Plan, since if he was just a regular human Eustace would have dealt with him already. It's nice to get some backstory on Boro's companions. I hope he we something about Salvia other than her looking for her brother.
 

amit-monsterman999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2012
Messages
899
Reaction score
327
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Eustace seemed to have the typical hero complex. It's sad how things ended for his friends family. Right now it's looking more like he's out for revenge instead of justice. I hope he gets it. The fact that he needs Boro's help might mean Rovleon is also a part of the Demon's Plan, since if he was just a regular human Eustace would have dealt with him already. It's nice to get some backstory on Boro's companions. I hope he we something about Salvia other than her looking for her brother.
true but i don't trust that story it could be twisted its hard to say how right or wrong or truth and lies he's speaking for all we know he is the one who killed everyone and is now leading boros on a goose chase to get killed since he can't be killed by force he'll kill him by manupilation
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
You still have to watch out for Eutass cause he's still shady but his true or false backstory was good for what it's worth and very much savage. The enemy straight murdered that whole family. This chapter was interesting in the light of Eutass and not w/ the uninteresting supporting characters in it like the family. Salvia should get some reflection soon, hopefully she does to make her much more appealing to me.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
"Besides, she's just going to be raped. It's not like she's going to die or anything, right?"
^Somehow this line was very disturbing to read.
I have to say, as cliche as some of the aspects of this manga might be, like the fights and all, with the character's backstories, wow. It feels like I'm reading some sort of high fantasy lol. The Collectionist's backstory was really well done, but Eustass's is....:verily:hip too darn perfect.
But can we talk about how this guy reminds me of Negan from TWD?:XD
There's that, plus wow, I have to admit that at first Eustass was introduced as this cliche good guy character, but in one chapter, he's become infinitely more interesting than Boro.
Solid stuff, seems like the manga is finally starting to make a showing for itself ;)
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Now this is what I want to see happen to the main character. This type of, well, I wouldn't say tragedy just yet, is what is keeping me invested in this series. It has the potential for sure and this chapter showed a speck of it.
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
This whole "My backstory happened 56 years ago"-thing is so far the best thing about Eus, because I didnt see that coming. Otherwise the flashback would felt like as if the mangaka tried to write something in a grey area, but with very little effort. "She just get raped, not killed, derp" or the über evil lord were just one dimensional crap. I get what the mangaka tried, but geez, try a little bit harder.
Also, Eus reminds me of something which I disliked about Bleach-
Charakters actually being much older than their look, but still act like kids/teenagers. Never liked this.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This whole "My backstory happened 56 years ago"-thing is so far the best thing about Eus, because I didnt see that coming. Otherwise the flashback would felt like as if the mangaka tried to write something in a grey area, but with very little effort. "She just get raped, not killed, derp" or the über evil lord were just one dimensional crap. I get what the mangaka tried, but geez, try a little bit harder.
Also, Eus reminds me of something which I disliked about Bleach-
Charakters actually being much older than their look, but still act like kids/teenagers. Never liked this.
Eustass is immortal not really old but looks young
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Eustass is immortal not really old but looks young
Eus is in his 60s at this point, something I would call old(except you're older, than no offense), but still looks like a teenager AND acts like a teenager, and this is my complaint. (though in Bleach characters were hundred of years old, which is much more extreme)
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Eus is in his 60s at this point, something I would call old(except you're older, than no offense), but still looks like a teenager AND acts like a teenager, and this is my complaint. (though in Bleach characters were hundred of years old, which is much more extreme)
That's the point of being immortal, you don't change
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
That's the point of being immortal, you don't change
That's not how immortality works! It just means "not to die", and not "personality will never change"-
Otherwise we can expect no character development for Boros, like ever. Or everyone of the 108 demons were already psychopaths BEFORE they gained these powers, which would make much more sense in reverse order. Power corrupts, experiences & losses let one mature. Immortality doesnt change this.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's not how immortality works! It just means "not to die", and not "personality will never change"-
Otherwise we can expect no character development for Boros, like ever. Or everyone of the 108 demons were already psychopaths BEFORE they gained these powers, which would make much more sense in reverse order. Power corrupts, experiences & losses let one mature. Immortality doesnt change this.
But you were saying that his appearance never changed, I was just saying he's immortal. Immortality is written differently in different stories, some people just never die while others never age, this is the latter. Besides, Eus could have gone through character development, we've only seen him for 2 chapters
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
But you were saying that his appearance never changed, I was just saying he's immortal. Immortality is written differently in different stories, some people just never die while others never age, this is the latter. Besides, Eus could have gone through character development, we've only seen him for 2 chapters
I've complained about something, which bothered me about Bleach before: Having characters, who are quite old, but still acts like teenagers, because they still look like teenagers-
In this case we have Eus, who is in his 60s & seeing him so far, still acts like a shounen teenager. Of course, we only got 2/3 chapters so far, but so far, he acts like I expect a shounen teenager would react. Just a little bit more mature would have been OK to me.
 
Top