Discussion Fairy Tail Second Movie "Dragon Cry"

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Why does Natsu's eye got a scar...? The biggest reason for people's hype is the premise of the movie is more inciting than Phoenix Priestess, which was great too. Dragons > ancient stones
 
Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Why does Natsu's eye got a scar...? The biggest reason for people's hype is the premise of the movie is more inciting than Phoenix Priestess, which was great too. Dragons > ancient stones
I think that's blood running down from his head.
Phoenix Priestess was pretty good. I think the movie animations are the best representations of fairy tail fights on screen, so that's my dog in the fight. We got a whole bunch of character designs for the dragons. I'm hoping that these dragons are survivors from the anti-human side of the dragon civil war.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Phoenix Priestess was pretty good. I think the movie animations are the best representations of fairy tail fights on screen, so that's my dog in the fight. We got a whole bunch of character designs for the dragons. I'm hoping that these dragons are survivors from the anti-human side of the dragon civil war.
That lucy star dress hopefully was the inital design. The glasses throw it off but she makes stuff work all the time. I just hope we see all 5 dragon slayers dragonized. Can't wait
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
That lucy star dress hopefully was the inital design. The glasses throw it off but she makes stuff work all the time. I just hope we see all 5 dragon slayers dragonized. Can't wait
nah friend.

only Natsu will dragonize.

besides, will this movie even be part of the main story anyway???

I know some people said that Éclair was mentioned somewhere or shown in FT Zero.

but Phoenix Priestess was disappointment.

I was expecting this

but we got nothing:yodawg
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
That lucy star dress hopefully was the inital design. The glasses throw it off but she makes stuff work all the time. I just hope we see all 5 dragon slayers dragonized. Can't wait
We'll have to see if they play around with the character designs. They've had two years to work on this, after all.
This movie also seems to be a bigger deal than the last one, since they seem to be trying to keep everything under wraps and Hiro tweets about getting excited when he gets to reveal stuff.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
nah friend.

only Natsu will dragonize.

besides, will this movie even be part of the main story anyway???

I know some people said that Éclair was mentioned somewhere or shown in FT Zero.

but Phoenix Priestess was disappointment.

I was expecting this

but we got nothing:yodawg
I'm hoping the movie will take place after the End of the Manga series. We'll have to see how it plays out though.
 

Miralicious akuma

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2016
Messages
309
Reaction score
1,686
Country
India
R]

Found these spoils on tumblr! :awe
Can only spot lucy and natsu till now but i hope other minor characters mira also get some spotlight!:aweand dayumm lucy looks pretty asf in that dress :hearts
 
Last edited:

Summer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
1,569
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
R]

Found these spoils on tumblr! :awe
Can only spot lucy and natsu till now but i hope other minor characters mira also get some spotlight!:aweand dayumm lucy looks pretty asf in that dress :hearts
Lucy in that dress remind me of morgiana from Magi. And this one girl from rave.

Well anyways, I saw natsu beating some people, erza in bunny suits...

Is that csk or Lucy dad? Lol.. In the upper left corner there's someone that have resemblance with csk or Lucy dad.

I saw happy and a dog, a unknown girl with earrings and a stick?

The bottom left corner.. There is a huge word said END!!!!!

I wonder if end is somewhat related in this movie... And it seems like this movie happen in Alvarez arc or maybe after it... Since Lucy wears time skip cloth..

Let me see if anything can be translated...

Edit- can't see the words...
 
Last edited:

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,111
Reaction score
12,880
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Natsu look badass <3
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


 
Last edited by a moderator:

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
yoooo I'm getting so hype for this movie :D Natsu looks dope as fuck and even the new characters like the girl and the king in this. It says the release date is May 6th btw, hopefully the anime premiers before that so it can be used for promotion.
 

Summer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
1,569
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Nothing much that can be said but here are some important information.

  1. 200 Pages that is drawn by mashima and all the animation of the character is based off the design that mashima draw
  2. The disclosure date is 6 may 2017
  3. This movie is not canon
  4. The character -
  • Sonya - a sad beautiful girl / a girl that have tragic life.... A somewhat sorrowful girl, that have a secret lies behind.
  • Zash - a guy that give off a bad and strong impression. Have a fight with someone before!
  • Animus - a king? Anyone can be a king if they wears the king garment!
I think that what important ( to me ) lol.

If anyone is wondering about the cast, it's not the name of any new character.

It's the voice actor for the mc.

Beside the cast members , there is the staff which is not important too. Consist of mashima.

Please do not repost this or at least pm me first .
 
Last edited:

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2016
Messages
1,687
Reaction score
7,078
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Looks cool. That new female character Sonya looks a lot like Lucy's first concept art.
 

Summer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
1,569
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
I just want to adds something in that Natsu part...

" Half of Natsu Body Has Turn Into a Dragon!! That Eyes.... And What Is The Power That dwell In That Fist?!! "


" Is that a Power of Hope, or Destruction? "

" look forward for the upcoming news! "
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
The movie might promote the return of the anime at Oct. 17 and by then the arc should be completed, hell we might be on our way for the final arc and halfway through it.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
The movie might promote the return of the anime at Oct. 17 and by then the arc should be completed, hell we might be on our way for the final arc and halfway through it.
why Oct 17? that seems like a random date. I figured since the movie is dropping on May 6th the anime could return somewhere in mid March-late April to promote the movie with opening differences and easter eggs like anime teams always promote.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
when I see my countryman @Noctiz I cry tears of joy :cheez

fifth May eh???

oh well, movie won't be part of the main story so I will skip it.

and Natsu wank will be too much for me to handle.
 

Noctiz

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
53
Reaction score
214
Country
Croatia
when I see my countryman @Noctiz I cry tears of joy :cheez

fifth May eh???

oh well, movie won't be part of the main story so I will skip it.

and Natsu wank will be too much for me to handle.
Yes! I thought I was the only one from Croatia here :D

same I will probably skip the movie too xD
 
Top