Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dear our new friends

these ranking are not for last week chapters

it's for the chapters that were published 8 weeks ago
Thanks for the heads up got my chapters backwards on Black Clover.

My statements for MHA and One peice still stand though.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Sesuji is probably the only 2 series I would defend not getting the Jump Axe. Hopefully the author next work will be more popular.
 

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
Oh yay BS is first again , and what is the point of popularity poll ? He doesnt care about his amazing secondary characters so screw him , KnY is 6th ? The chapter was 10 times better than the previous ones who got second and third ;(.
 

Azure Warrior

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
315
Age
32
Country
United States
How much you bet that Dance Manga isn't going to get an anime for this?

I didn't happen for Psyren or Magico, so that's the case.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
How much you bet that Dance Manga isn't going to get an anime for this?

I didn't happen for Psyren or Magico, so that's the case.
It would be a pain in the ass to make into an anime as well. The dancing isn't the focus, so apart from having to coordinate dances, they also have to figure a way to fit in so much thinking. Just like HZ. The fights themselves are only a few seconds, yet some go on for 3-5 chapters because of the flashbacks, thinking and spectating. I don't even see how that could be properly done in an anime, although I do still want it to happen.
 

Gikiseima

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2015
Messages
51
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Empire
11号

U19 ※新連載
ブラクロ
ワンピ
ハイキュー ※Cカラー
ネバラン
ソーマ
勉強 ※Cカラー
ヒロアカ
鬼滅
火ノ丸 ※Cカラー
ゆらぎ
ダンス ※終了
左門
銀魂
斉木
アマルガム
青春
ゴラッソ
デモプラ
磯兵衛

12号
巻頭:ポロの留学記
Cカラー:U19、鬼滅、ソーマ
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Issue 11:
U19 (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Black Clover
One Piece
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Yakusoku no Neverland
Shokugeki no Souma
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Sesuji wo Pin! to (End)
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Gintama
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Ibitsu no Amalgam
Spring Weapon Number One
Ole Golazo
Demon's Plan
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Issue 12:
Cover, Lead CP: Poro no Ryuugaku-ki (New Series)
CP: Shokugeki no Souma, Kimetsu no Yaiba, U19
rip dance bu.
amalgam,spring weapon,ole golazo,demon plan. you're next !! :cheez
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I'm not surprised by MHA ranking the chapter felt a bit stiff, in my opinion. The reason I feel Black Clover placed first is because of the teased power-up/ potential information behind Asta's anti-magic grimoire. It's either that or people really think that the Big Mom arc needs to move faster, which from what I've been told, it really needs to because even for Oda it seems to be dragging more then usual.
Personally, that fight was pretty bullshit from the start and I'm glad people saw it for what it is. I could be wrong next week though, since we don't really know what's going on in fans' minds. This could also be the backlash from fans over this arc in general.
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
I know that Black Clover isn't a good series by any decent standard of storytelling. It's just a bog standard shonen manga, forgettable in any other situation. But out of all the series jump has attempted to push so far, such as Toriko, MHA, World Trigger, OP or what have you, it has the biggest disconnect between its overall quality and the amount of attention it receives from Jump's editorial team. Which is starting to make me wonder if Tabata is in someway connected to the higher ups working for the magazine. Thus generating backlash from people who follow stuff like the TOC and adding even more criticism than it would normally receive.

As for why there isn't a popularity poll, I'm just speculating here but since series usually receive a popularity poll around the 50+ mark. Jump releasing a poll would give a more accurate indication of just how many people are following the series as opposed to its place in the TOC. Even lesser known series like Samon-kun managed to get a poll by chapter 59, and Black Clover having 90+ chapters add to my suspicion that Jump has something to hide about BC's numbers.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Dude World Trigger and Push should not be used in the same sentence.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
When was World Trigger ever pushed by Jump?
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
If I am mistaken, my apologies. I assumed because of how early WT got its anime announced that Jump had a vested interest in seeing it succeed.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
3 days

1500448 1500448 One Piece
*183544 *183544 Boku no Hero Academia
**40683 **40683 Yakusoku no Neverland
**20372 **20372 Hinomaru Zumo
**17865 2629367 One Piece
**17786 **17786 Sesuji wo Pin to
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Numbers seem pretty low for MHA
Expected Neverland to do a little more
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
If I am mistaken, my apologies. I assumed because of how early WT got its anime announced that Jump had a vested interest in seeing it succeed.
Wt got anime early cos Ashihara was ending the manga at dat point. Chapter 81 should have been the last one but he got stronger and continue to draw to this day.
BHA should sell a lot better with the anime coming. Don't worry.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Numbers seem pretty low for MHA
Expected Neverland to do a little more
It's actually doing better than I expected. It's on the same level as Saiki

Saiki volume 20:
31,603 (2 days)
85,529 (9 days)
104,322 (16 days)
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
It's actually doing better than I expected. It's on the same level as Saiki

Saiki volume 20:
31,603 (2 days)
85,529 (9 days)
104,322 (16 days)
Oh I'm not saying it's doing bad. I was just predicting about 60k. But 40K is still good.

I'm more so shocked with MHA's sales. Guess they really hate that arc
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
3 days

1500448 1500448 One Piece
*183544 *183544 Boku no Hero Academia
**40683 **40683 Yakusoku no Neverland
**20372 **20372 Hinomaru Zumo
**17865 2629367 One Piece
**17786 **17786 Sesuji wo Pin to
Dang for MHA season 2 can't come faster.
Even with those hype Neverland onlydid 40k on 3 days i think even BC volume 2 did more than that with same days to sell.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Oh I'm not saying it's doing bad. I was just predicting about 60k. But 40K is still good.

I'm more so shocked with MHA's sales. Guess they really hate that arc
Now that you mention it

Volume 10: 208,539 (3 days)
Volume 11: 203,825 (3 days)
Volume 12: 183,544 (3 days)

They dropped quite a bit
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Now that you mention it

Volume 10: 208,539 (3 days)
Volume 11: 203,825 (3 days)
Volume 12: 183,544 (3 days)

They dropped quite a bit
Just going to hope that season 2 give it even a little booste.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top