Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
@niichan
5cm:
5cm was okay, but I liked the Garden of Words a little bit more. Both of them kinda failed to deliver a climax. Illustration was still very good in 5cm. The second chapter was the best for me and I felt really sorry for that girl. But seeing the male mc never getting over with his childhood crush makes me think that the girl from the second chapter deserved better anyway. I think 5cm would have been better off with the girls pov. It was a little bit frustrating and sad to watch the male mc.

Should I scale down my expectations for Kimi no Na wa now? 5cm and the Garden of Words were good movies, but I would hardly rate them as very good or above. :/

Future Suwa spinoff:
That will be interesting, I'm looking forward to this. As you know, I consider Suwa the best character of this manga after all. :zomg

Orange Sequel Movie:
I think I can't take this movie, it will literally break my heart. It was already extremely hard to watch Suwa from the outside. A Suwa pov will mentally kill me. Seriously, this guy deserved so much better, I hope we will see him end up with a nice girl at the end of the movie. And why the fuck does the author give so much "love" for Suwa xD? Regrets :3?

Orange anime:
Not going to lie, the anime didn't do it for me... I feel completely dead inside when I think about the anime series.

Slack run away:
Why are you so pissed, we didn't talk anyway, no offense _ _".

By the way, that avy chick looks h.o.t. :zomg
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@niichan
5cm:
5cm was okay, but I liked the Garden of Words a little bit more. Both of them kinda failed to deliver a climax. Illustration was still very good in 5cm. The second chapter was the best for me and I felt really sorry for that girl. But seeing the male mc never getting over with his childhood crush makes me think that the girl from the second chapter deserved better anyway. I think 5cm would have been better off with the girls pov. It was a little bit frustrating and sad to watch the male mc.

Should I scale down my expectations for Kimi no Na wa now? 5cm and the Garden of Words were good movies, but I would hardly rate them as very good or above. :/

Future Suwa spinoff:
That will be interesting, I'm looking forward to this. As you know, I consider Suwa the best character of this manga after all. :zomg

Orange Sequel Movie:
I think I can't take this movie, it will literally break my heart. It was already extremely hard to watch Suwa from the outside. A Suwa pov will mentally kill me. Seriously, this guy deserved so much better, I hope we will see him end up with a nice girl at the end of the movie. And why the fuck does the author give so much "love" for Suwa xD? Regrets :3?

Orange anime:
Not going to lie, the anime didn't do it for me... I feel completely dead inside when I think about the anime series.

Slack run away:
Why are you so pissed, we didn't talk anyway, no offense _ _".

By the way, that avy chick looks h.o.t. :zomg
Well Makoto Shinkai is known for his amazing animation work, not for amazing stories. Some do love 5cm quite a lot, others like you and me thought it was good, but that's it. There has to be something different this time though, otherwise the huge success can't be explained. I'm not sure if you read the news article I shared, but the film earned more than 10 billion yen recently, a feat only accomplished by a 3 or 4 Ghibli movies before. Considering the amount of anime movies made, I think you can imagine that's a very big success. The novel of the movie sold over 1 million copies, the soundtrack remained 1# for several weeks and the manga is selling good too. Shinkai even stated that he's kind of uncomfortable about THIS much success and wonders if it's deserved (typical japanese lol). None of his previous movies where anywhere that successful, even if they always sold good.
It's kind of a similar case to Mamoru Hosoda (the guy who made Wolf Children), who made a bunch of "good" and well-received movies before, stuff like "Summer Wars" or "The Girl who leapt through time", if that rings any bells. I liked his movies but Wolf Children was by far his best work in my eyes, and the majority of western and japanese fans agree.
Kimi no na wa. is on an even bigger scale though, the movie was/is heavily discussed in Japan and quite a few "famous" people have commented on it, and it's success. And then you have the people on MAL hyping it to death too, you only need to look at the rankings lol.

I'm really curious to find out what's so special about this movie, there definitely is something, otherwise you can't explain everything I said above. If it's going to click with you or me, who knows, but it's most likely "different/better" than his last movies.

Orange

Not exactly sure how this will work, like is the movie going to adapt the chapters, or are they seperate things. It doesn't get entirely clear, though from the description they do sound different. Suwa definitely deserves it though, would be cool if he actually ends up with a beautiful and kind girl :blush And I guess Takano (the author) wants to give Suwa some love, he deserves it after all. Regrets? Maybe :3

The anime was very meh indeed, very much so. Though I think the last episode was surprisingly good, it still means the anime didn't manage to capture the manga at all for the most part. A shame, really, I hope they will do better with the movie.

Which reminds me, did you see the news of a Kaleid movie adapting the flashback arc? It has to be good or I will get very very mad x'D

Slack

I told you it was bait my friend, sometimes I really wonder why you're so weak to baiting when you love to do it yourself =3 Or maybe this is you baiting me? :kappa

Like I told you, she's from Umineko. I don't think you will find her exactly that hot in the VN (you do realize it's her in the sig too, right? xD), but she's still a greatly entertaining character :zomg
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Listening to Umineko OST again, it's so damn good :pleased


--- Double Post Merged, ---
plz tell me you thought the new Hibiki episode was amazing too? :zomg
--- Double Post Merged, ---
you still alive dude? :pout
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Why did you leave me? :pout
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
@syx I miss u where hv u been?
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
@syx I miss u where hv u been?
Dawww... I missed you, too. That's some sick set you have there. I was actually on a mission to destroy @niichan's ideals, promises and pride. It was not easy not stay away from you guys, but my patience paid off and resulted in a historic defeat for @niichan. :hip
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Dawww... I missed you, too. That's some sick set you have there. I was actually on a mission to destroy @niichan's ideals, promises and pride. It was not easy not stay away from you guys, but my patience paid off and resulted in a historic defeat for @niichan. :hip
:snidely haha :XD

Yes! She is Chou Tzuyu from TWICE Korean girlband. I like her :hurr Even though she is a member of a Korean girlband, she is a Taiwanese

This is the original pic of my current sig

This is the video where she cosplayed a vampire (the concept of this MV is Halloween) 0:57 and 1:09

Some screenshots



Some shot during filming

I even made a gif for my sig. Unfortunately the signature rules don't allow it :feelsbadman



Oops I just overfanboy'd. I shall stop here :XD
 
Last edited:

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I know you're taking another break but do you still read ToG? What do you think of the FoD arc?
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
:snidely haha :XD

Yes! She is Chou Tzuyu from TWICE Korean girlband. I like her :hurr Even though she is a member of a Korean girlband, she is a Taiwanese

This is the original pic of my current sig

This is the video where she cosplayed a vampire (the concept of this MV is Halloween) 0:57 and 1:09

Some screenshots



Some shot during filming

I even made a gif for my sig. Unfortunately the signature rules don't allow it :feelsbadman



Oops I just overfanboy'd. I shall stop here :XD
Wow, so you jumped on the K-Pop-Train, huh? Chou Tzuyu really looks gorgeous, but most K-Pop stars do. :hurr

Do you also like K-Pop music? It sadly not my cup of tea. :/

What is the problem with the gif? I'm definitely not an expert regarding avatars and signatures, but maybe I can help.

I know you're taking another break but do you still read ToG? What do you think of the FoD arc?
Huh? I'm taking another break? Who decided that? I'm not aware of that. xD

I didn't stop reading and watching manga/anime during my absence, so yes I'm up to date regarding ToG (don't read the spoilers though) and I really like the FoD arc so far. Still, there are some points I dislike e.g. Aguero's fighting style, everything concerning Emile, Baam becoming too shounen and the poor handling of powerlevels. But those are not really related to the FoD arc itself.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Wow, so you jumped on the K-Pop-Train, huh? Chou Tzuyu really looks gorgeous, but most K-Pop stars do. :hurr

Do you also like K-Pop music? It sadly not my cup of tea. :/

What is the problem with the gif? I'm definitely not an expert regarding avatars and signatures, but maybe I can help.


Huh? I'm taking another break? Who decided that? I'm not aware of that. xD

I didn't stop reading and watching manga/anime during my absence, so yes I'm up to date regarding ToG (don't read the spoilers though) and I really like the FoD arc so far. Still, there are some points I dislike e.g. Aguero's fighting style, everything concerning Emile, Baam becoming too shounen and the poor handling of powerlevels. But those are not really related to the FoD arc itself.
Good thing you said that. But I will say that 319... It has a HUGE reveal. Like, one we've been waiting for since like 2009.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also Tokyo Ghoul is already out on MS. Have you read the chapter yet?
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Good thing you said that. But I will say that 319... It has a HUGE reveal. Like, one we've been waiting for since like 2009.
Yeah, I'm aware that there is something huge going on in the next chapters, @kkck already told me. I'm really hyped about what's to come. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed, since I'm not always of the same opinion like other ToG readers. :darn

No, I didn't read the current Tokyo Ghoul chapter, but I will do it today.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Wow, so you jumped on the K-Pop-Train, huh? Chou Tzuyu really looks gorgeous, but most K-Pop stars do. :hurr

Do you also like K-Pop music? It sadly not my cup of tea. :/

What is the problem with the gif? I'm definitely not an expert regarding avatars and signatures, but maybe I can help.
Yes I do :) The gif size was too big. The rules only allow the ones with size not exceeding 500kB. It's okay though, not a big deal :sweatdrop
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I still can't bring myself to not cringe at K Pop or J pop :sweat
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
So what became of Umineko? :heh
Believe it or not, I didn't continue for the sole reason that I want to share my thoughts, reactions and theories simultaneously while playing it. I will continue very soon and hope you will lend a sympathetic ear to my far-fetched and f* up theories.

I may have put Umineko on hold, but I did read Vinland Saga and watched Yahari S1 + S2, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Konosuba S1, Hibike S2, Haikyuu S3, Flip Flappers, Fate Grand Order First Order, Ajin S2, dropped Anohana and I'm up to date with 3-Gatsu (anime). It's something, I guess. :oh
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Believe it or not, I didn't continue for the sole reason that I want to share my thoughts, reactions and theories simultaneously while playing it. I will continue very soon and hope you will lend a sympathetic ear to my far-fetched and f* up theories.

I may have put Umineko on hold, but I did read Vinland Saga and watched Yahari S1 + S2, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Konosuba S1, Hibike S2, Haikyuu S3, Flip Flappers, Fate Grand Order First Order, Ajin S2, dropped Anohana and I'm up to date with 3-Gatsu (anime). It's something, I guess. :oh
ah good to hear that. You said I would be disappointed but actually I'm not, if that's your approach xD Well I'm still somewhat... pissy about you know what, but it's getting better. I'm always ready to hear crazy theories and funny comments about Umineko :D

And, your opinions? I guess AnoHana didn't work for you huh? It's a hit or miss for everybody, or that's my experience. Either you manage to take it seriously and drown in nice (melo)drama, or you roll your eyes. I can see both, but it worked for me, and it actually made me cry.
Thoughts on Yahari? I hope you chose the right one for best girl :3
How did you like TM8.0's big twist at the end?
KonoSuba funny or not? Didn't think you actually watched that, bc I don't see you mentioning the currently running KonoSuba 2 at all.
I dropped Sangatsu btw... it got a bit too boring for my taste. It has really good parts, but sadly too much that makes me yawn.
Thoughts on the end of Hibike S2?

No need to talk about Grand Order, it was trash. I could take some enjoyment out of it bc I'm such a big fanboy but it made me rage and facepalm way too often. Not sure if you've seen my post in the thread but yeah, really disappointing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
ah good to hear that. You said I would be disappointed but actually I'm not, if that's your approach xD Well I'm still somewhat... pissy about you know what, but it's getting better. I'm always ready to hear crazy theories and funny comments about Umineko :D

And, your opinions? I guess AnoHana didn't work for you huh? It's a hit or miss for everybody, or that's my experience. Either you manage to take it seriously and drown in nice (melo)drama, or you roll your eyes. I can see both, but it worked for me, and it actually made me cry.
Thoughts on Yahari? I hope you chose the right one for best girl :3
How did you like TM8.0's big twist at the end?
KonoSuba funny or not? Didn't think you actually watched that, bc I don't see you mentioning the currently running KonoSuba 2 at all.
I dropped Sangatsu btw... it got a bit too boring for my taste. It has really good parts, but sadly too much that makes me yawn.
Thoughts on the end of Hibike S2?

No need to talk about Grand Order, it was trash. I could take some enjoyment out of it bc I'm such a big fanboy but it made me rage and facepalm way too often. Not sure if you've seen my post in the thread but yeah, really disappointing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ok let’s get started with my absolutely objective, subjective opinions.

Vinland Saga -> 9/10:
We already talked about it on slack, so I will just jump to the next one.


Yahari S1 -> 8/10 / Yahari S2 -> 10/10:
Best girl? Who cares for best girl, if you have such an amazing character like Hachiman? This dude is awesome, epic, brilliant, magnificent and everything else. He is probably one of the greatest characters of all anime and manga series I follow.
If there is one thing I didn’t like that much in Yahari, it was the forced drama from time to time. "Forced" may be the wrong word here, it’s just that I think they made a mountain out of a molehill, especially in regards to Hachiman (one situation I still remember is the scene where he steps in and makes this false confession to that one girl instead his supposed colleague). Nevertheless, this series has great and true lines (most of all those from Hachiman), nice artwork (S2 in particularly) and nice set of characters.
Yui and Yukinon really grew on me, though it took Yukinon more episodes than Yui, but that’s not a big surprise I guess. I like both of them nearly equally. Well, you can’t do much wrong with Yui, she is someone who could cling to you 24/7 and you wouldn’t mind one bit. The very definition of adorable and a warm shoulder to lay on. Yukinon on the other hand is that kind of important person who won’t hold back to tell the utter truth in order to get you back on track regardless of who you are. No sugarcoating lines/words, I appreciate that - what seems to be mean at first glance - very much in real life. That’s why I like Yukinon in S1 a little bit more than S2, because I think she lost her "bitchy touch" (not to be taken negatiely) slightly. Anyway, neither Yui nor Yukinon are best girl for me. The reason why I consider S2 way better than S1 is because of the addition of the one and only Iroha Isshiki! Every single second between Hachiman and Iroha was a masterpiece, in every sense of the word. First I thought she will turn out to be a real bitch, but boy, I was so wrong. Hachiman x Iroha moments were always so cute, heartwarming, funny and entertaining, I’m actually feeling very sad that they won’t end up together, despite Yukinon and Yui being great characters themsevles. It never felt like there was a wall between Hachiman and Iroha, their interactions felt natural and they complemented each other in a very sweet way. Not to mention those never-ending rejections of Iroha <3. Well yeah, absolutely amazing series.



Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 -> 8/10:
A solid 8.0 rating. I expected someone to die, but didn’t see the twist coming, even though one could have guessed it, if he had paid attention to the details. It was a very thrilling ride with no big no-gos. Yukki’s fate was very sad, but I liked this more realistic approach considering the situation/environment.


Konosuba S1 -> 6/10:
A very funny start, but became utter boring very fast. That’s why I won’t try S2.


Hibike S2 -> 8/10:
I’m actually still very furious that I couldn’t give it a 9. I liked so much about S2… the art, animation, the subplots, Taki-sensei, Masahiro, Kumiko, Kumiko’s gorgeous voice actress, the interactions between Reina x Kumiko, Taki x everyone else and so on… But then Asuka happened… She was actually a very cool character until she troubled the WHOLE GROUP for no justifiable reason to the point where I don’t want to see her ever again. The fact that it her plot happened towards the end of this otherwise great series left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Haikyuu S3 -> 9/10:
Great, like every other season, just great. I never would have thought that I would actually really like Tsukishima. He was by far the best character and player in S3. Can’t stop highlighting the fact that the author does an amazing job with the characters. At no point of time, it feels like Hinata or Kageyama are the main characters. They get their time to shine, but it never feels forced or too much.


Flip Flappers -> 4/10:
I really liked FF in the beginning where it was just a fun ride where you didn’t need to put much thought into the story (which was non-existent at the beginning) and world. It worked well the way it was. But then this series tried to be serious with a real plot, which didn’t work out for me, sadly.


Fate Grand Order First Order -> 4/10:
So much randomness, so many smh moments, ughhhhh.


Ajin S2 -> 8/10:
Slight improvement to S1. Great action, amazing Satou and the animation felt more fluent.


Anohana -> 3/10:
The characters just annoyed the hell out of me. It looked like - after all those years - no one really got over Menma’s death. It felt like they were mentally still stuck in the past. I didn’t expect them to forget the past, but at least mature a bit. It was when this one guy cross-dressed as Menma, which put the final nail in the coffin of this series from my pov. I was like "okay… this is retarted… this is pathetic… I have nothing to do here…". Instant drop, I don’t even want to know his reason.


3-Gatsu -> 8/10:
The beginning of 3-Gatsu sure was, well, just way too normal? I have also seen a lot of people complaining about the art, so it’s not weird for me to see it getting dropped. I like the art as well as Rei’s inner monologues. The Kawamoto sisters are heartwarming and Momo is probably one of the most adorable characters ever. But the show definitely lacked this "wow" moment at the beginning. It was when Kyouko met Rei in his apartment when 3-Gatsu started to grow on me. She really spices up the series and it’s always getting very intense and catching when she is around. Yes, she is a manipulative bitch, but I can partly sympathize with her considering how she might have felt when she was a little girl. Though, that’s no excuse for her current behaviour. But it looks like there is way more to her than it appears, especially after the 17th episode where she kinda admits to Rei that she feels absolutely lost. Dunno, it may be a trick, I can’t read her at all. I’m really curious about how she end up with Gotou.
I’m feeling very sorry for Akari though. Must be very hard for her to act as the mother of the house and be the big sister at the same time. Thank god Hinata and Momo don’t bring unnecessary disturbance into the family.
I really expected Rei to advance against Shimada and play against Gotou. It was a pleasant surprise that Shimada aizen-stomped him and then even beat the shit out of Gotou. He is a cool character and I hope he can improve Rei’s skills. But I don’t think he can beat this Souya guy, even though I will root for him.

It’s apparent that I can say the most about 3-Gatsu, since it’s still an ongoing series, while it has been "quite some time" since I watched the other series.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ok let’s get started with my absolutely objective, subjective opinions.

Vinland Saga -> 9/10:
We already talked about it on slack, so I will just jump to the next one.


Yahari S1 -> 8/10 / Yahari S2 -> 10/10:
Best girl? Who cares for best girl, if you have such an amazing character like Hachiman? This dude is awesome, epic, brilliant, magnificent and everything else. He is probably one of the greatest characters of all anime and manga series I follow.
If there is one thing I didn’t like that much in Yahari, it was the forced drama from time to time. "Forced" may be the wrong word here, it’s just that I think they made a mountain out of a molehill, especially in regards to Hachiman (one situation I still remember is the scene where he steps in and makes this false confession to that one girl instead his supposed colleague). Nevertheless, this series has great and true lines (most of all those from Hachiman), nice artwork (S2 in particularly) and nice set of characters.
Yui and Yukinon really grew on me, though it took Yukinon more episodes than Yui, but that’s not a big surprise I guess. I like both of them nearly equally. Well, you can’t do much wrong with Yui, she is someone who could cling to you 24/7 and you wouldn’t mind one bit. The very definition of adorable and a warm shoulder to lay on. Yukinon on the other hand is that kind of important person who won’t hold back to tell the utter truth in order to get you back on track regardless of who you are. No sugarcoating lines/words, I appreciate that - what seems to be mean at first glance - very much in real life. That’s why I like Yukinon in S1 a little bit more than S2, because I think she lost her "bitchy touch" (not to be taken negatiely) slightly. Anyway, neither Yui nor Yukinon are best girl for me. The reason why I consider S2 way better than S1 is because of the addition of the one and only Iroha Isshiki! Every single second between Hachiman and Iroha was a masterpiece, in every sense of the word. First I thought she will turn out to be a real bitch, but boy, I was so wrong. Hachiman x Iroha moments were always so cute, heartwarming, funny and entertaining, I’m actually feeling very sad that they won’t end up together, despite Yukinon and Yui being great characters themsevles. It never felt like there was a wall between Hachiman and Iroha, their interactions felt natural and they complemented each other in a very sweet way. Not to mention those never-ending rejections of Iroha <3. Well yeah, absolutely amazing series.



Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 -> 8/10:
A solid 8.0 rating. I expected someone to die, but didn’t see the twist coming, even though one could have guessed it, if he had paid attention to the details. It was a very thrilling ride with no big no-gos. Yukki’s fate was very sad, but I liked this more realistic approach considering the situation/environment.


Konosuba S1 -> 6/10:
A very funny start, but became utter boring very fast. That’s why I won’t try S2.


Hibike S2 -> 8/10:
I’m actually still very furious that I couldn’t give it a 9. I liked so much about S2… the art, animation, the subplots, Taki-sensei, Masahiro, Kumiko, Kumiko’s gorgeous voice actress, the interactions between Reina x Kumiko, Taki x everyone else and so on… But then Asuka happened… She was actually a very cool character until she troubled the WHOLE GROUP for no justifiable reason to the point where I don’t want to see her ever again. The fact that it her plot happened towards the end of this otherwise great series left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Haikyuu S3 -> 9/10:
Great, like every other season, just great. I never would have thought that I would actually really like Tsukishima. He was by far the best character and player in S3. Can’t stop highlighting the fact that the author does an amazing job with the characters. At no point of time, it feels like Hinata or Kageyama are the main characters. They get their time to shine, but it never feels forced or too much.


Flip Flappers -> 4/10:
I really liked FF in the beginning where it was just a fun ride where you didn’t need to put much thought into the story (which was non-existent at the beginning) and world. It worked well the way it was. But then this series tried to be serious with a real plot, which didn’t work out for me, sadly.


Fate Grand Order First Order -> 4/10:
So much randomness, so many smh moments, ughhhhh.


Ajin S2 -> 8/10:
Slight improvement to S1. Great action, amazing Satou and the animation felt more fluent.


Anohana -> 3/10:
The characters just annoyed the hell out of me. It looked like - after all those years - no one really got over Menma’s death. It felt like they were mentally still stuck in the past. I didn’t expect them to forget the past, but at least mature a bit. It was when this one guy cross-dressed as Menma, which put the final nail in the coffin of this series from my pov. I was like "okay… this is retarted… this is pathetic… I have nothing to do here…". Instant drop, I don’t even want to know his reason.


3-Gatsu -> 8/10:
The beginning of 3-Gatsu sure was, well, just way too normal? I have also seen a lot of people complaining about the art, so it’s not weird for me to see it getting dropped. I like the art as well as Rei’s inner monologues. The Kawamoto sisters are heartwarming and Momo is probably one of the most adorable characters ever. But the show definitely lacked this "wow" moment at the beginning. It was when Kyouko met Rei in his apartment when 3-Gatsu started to grow on me. She really spices up the series and it’s always getting very intense and catching when she is around. Yes, she is a manipulative bitch, but I can partly sympathize with her considering how she might have felt when she was a little girl. Though, that’s no excuse for her current behaviour. But it looks like there is way more to her than it appears, especially after the 17th episode where she kinda admits to Rei that she feels absolutely lost. Dunno, it may be a trick, I can’t read her at all. I’m really curious about how she end up with Gotou.
I’m feeling very sorry for Akari though. Must be very hard for her to act as the mother of the house and be the big sister at the same time. Thank god Hinata and Momo don’t bring unnecessary disturbance into the family.
I really expected Rei to advance against Shimada and play against Gotou. It was a pleasant surprise that Shimada aizen-stomped him and then even beat the shit out of Gotou. He is a cool character and I hope he can improve Rei’s skills. But I don’t think he can beat this Souya guy, even though I will root for him.

It’s apparent that I can say the most about 3-Gatsu, since it’s still an ongoing series, while it has been "quite some time" since I watched the other series.
Great to hear that you enjoyed Yahari that much :3 I'm with you on Hachiman, he's awesome. One of the best characters in anime I've seen, how can one not love that guy.
I agree that maybe the drama was a bit too much sometimes in Season 1, Season 2 was almost perfect in my eyes. So much awesome drama and character development, and Iroha was a very strong addition to an already strong cast. Best girl for me is still Yui, but I can easily understand why you love Iroha the most xD She has a pretty great chemistry with Hachiman, but my heart still beats for Yui x Hachiman haha.

Yukinon actually is rather hated by the majority, at least for Season 1. What you said makes her less interesting was actually a good development for most people, and tbh I agree with them. I never hated her, but she was just a bit too ice-cold bitchy, even if that obviously isn't her full nature. Actually realizing that you can hurt people strongly, that her strong/honest behaviour is too a huge extent just a front to prevent being hurt... she actually grew up in my eyes, even if that maybe makes her less "special". I think she still has that attitude you mentioned, and I appreciate that too, but it was watered down to an extent where her behaviour doesn't lead to being excluded anymore.
Anyway, I really hope for a season 3 at some point. Season 2 animated up until the latest novel, so it will probably take some time.

Tokyo Magnitude is exactly that, a very solid show. It has no big highs, but also no lows. It takes a rather dry approach to a serious matter, and in this case I can actually appreciate that. Maybe not the most exciting show out there, but one with a lot of realism and a strong message.

I actually agree that later parts in KonoSuba dragged somewhat (the Succubes episodes though XD), but I also feel it works a lot better if you watch one episode per week instead of binge-watching. That being said, I still think Season 2 is actually better than Season 1 so far, but that's just my opinion and it's not exactly a masterpiece that needs to be watched, just really funny.

Hibike I dunno, I actually liked the Asuka plot. Yes she behaved like a bitch, but that's why she had to face her issues and overcame then in the end. Also Kumiko's speech towards Asuka... I still get shivers, that was such an awesome performance by the VA. Overall still a 9 for me, even if one or two episodes were somewhat lacking.

No need to add anything to Haikyuu, Flip Flappers or FGO, I'm pretty much with you (just that my rating isn't as harsh as yours, like usual).

The cross-dressing part in AnoHana probably was the most "too much melodrama" moment, maybe the single thing I definitely found overdone, just a tad bit too much. Otherwise I can see your point, but it worked for me, that they were still stuck in the past was the whole theme, it's a story of growing up and learning to get past your regrets. Shame it didn't work for you, but I almost expected as much.

Ajin Season 2 was actually weaker to me, but maybe that's because I know the manga, and the manga does a better job in my eyes (starting with the american agents everything but the prison part with Kei's friend are completely anime-original). For something anime-original it wasn't bad at all though, so I did actually enjoy that. You might consider picking up the manga, depending on how much you actually care for the story.

And like I said, I dropped Sangatsu.... xD so I honestly can't comment on much, besides that Rei's sister definitely added more spice and that the his "new" family is indeed cute and caring. Worked better for me in the manga tbh, but I noticed I just didn't care much normally and it started to feel like a drag to actually watch the episode, so I dropped the show.

When will you start Umineko? :3
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You suck dude <___<
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I know, I know... I'm kinda occupied lately. No worries, it's nothing major. And even today, I will have to take my leave soon. Just bear with me. I will reply as soon as possible. :darn

Nice set by the way. :blush
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Great to hear that you enjoyed Yahari that much :3 I'm with you on Hachiman, he's awesome. One of the best characters in anime I've seen, how can one not love that guy.
I agree that maybe the drama was a bit too much sometimes in Season 1, Season 2 was almost perfect in my eyes. So much awesome drama and character development, and Iroha was a very strong addition to an already strong cast. Best girl for me is still Yui, but I can easily understand why you love Iroha the most xD She has a pretty great chemistry with Hachiman, but my heart still beats for Yui x Hachiman haha.

Yukinon actually is rather hated by the majority, at least for Season 1. What you said makes her less interesting was actually a good development for most people, and tbh I agree with them. I never hated her, but she was just a bit too ice-cold bitchy, even if that obviously isn't her full nature. Actually realizing that you can hurt people strongly, that her strong/honest behaviour is too a huge extent just a front to prevent being hurt... she actually grew up in my eyes, even if that maybe makes her less "special". I think she still has that attitude you mentioned, and I appreciate that too, but it was watered down to an extent where her behaviour doesn't lead to being excluded anymore.
Anyway, I really hope for a season 3 at some point. Season 2 animated up until the latest novel, so it will probably take some time.

Tokyo Magnitude is exactly that, a very solid show. It has no big highs, but also no lows. It takes a rather dry approach to a serious matter, and in this case I can actually appreciate that. Maybe not the most exciting show out there, but one with a lot of realism and a strong message.

I actually agree that later parts in KonoSuba dragged somewhat (the Succubes episodes though XD), but I also feel it works a lot better if you watch one episode per week instead of binge-watching. That being said, I still think Season 2 is actually better than Season 1 so far, but that's just my opinion and it's not exactly a masterpiece that needs to be watched, just really funny.

Hibike I dunno, I actually liked the Asuka plot. Yes she behaved like a bitch, but that's why she had to face her issues and overcame then in the end. Also Kumiko's speech towards Asuka... I still get shivers, that was such an awesome performance by the VA. Overall still a 9 for me, even if one or two episodes were somewhat lacking.

No need to add anything to Haikyuu, Flip Flappers or FGO, I'm pretty much with you (just that my rating isn't as harsh as yours, like usual).

The cross-dressing part in AnoHana probably was the most "too much melodrama" moment, maybe the single thing I definitely found overdone, just a tad bit too much. Otherwise I can see your point, but it worked for me, that they were still stuck in the past was the whole theme, it's a story of growing up and learning to get past your regrets. Shame it didn't work for you, but I almost expected as much.

Ajin Season 2 was actually weaker to me, but maybe that's because I know the manga, and the manga does a better job in my eyes (starting with the american agents everything but the prison part with Kei's friend are completely anime-original). For something anime-original it wasn't bad at all though, so I did actually enjoy that. You might consider picking up the manga, depending on how much you actually care for the story.

And like I said, I dropped Sangatsu.... xD so I honestly can't comment on much, besides that Rei's sister definitely added more spice and that the his "new" family is indeed cute and caring. Worked better for me in the manga tbh, but I noticed I just didn't care much normally and it started to feel like a drag to actually watch the episode, so I dropped the show.

When will you start Umineko? :3
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You suck dude <___<
Yahari
It's certainly not easy to pick one out of those three, just little details which appeal to our personal preference more. I'm surprised that Yukinon was hated in S1. Just proves that people can't handle the truth. xD You brought up an interesting point though. I agree that she had great character development throughout the series, but I still ended up liking her in S1 more than in S2, even though the difference is just a little bit. Doesn't this contradict itself? Maybe the reason is that she lost some of her uniqueness? Dunno, it's kinda confusing thinking about it now. Anyway, she surely didn't cast off her behavior completely. It's as you said, watered down.

Did you read the novel? With whom do you think Hachiman will end up in the end?


Konosuba
Binge watching may be the reason for the jokes getting lame rather fast regarding. Still, I won't try S2 anytime soon. I'm good with my current four series. =)


Hibike
Thing is, she troubled the whole group during the most crucial and important time. She was aware of that. It was very selfish in my opinion, too selfish with too many people being affected negatively. Sure, it was a private and personal matter - more or less - and it's of no concern to the others if Asuka wants it so, but there is a point where you have to provide clarity in regards to your person. However, I don't deny that the Kumiko x Asuka moments were heartbreaking. :(



Anohana

I remember you saying something along the lines that Anohana is the most likely series (out of those you mentioned) I will drop. :lmao You sure know me pretty well, it's becoming scary...


Ajin
Wuaaatttt? S2 doesn't follow the manga? What about S1? That's a bummer, especially when someone like you says the manga is better. Don't know if I will read the manga, the anime is doing a good job so far. But the original story sure makes me curious, damn it! :/ I will pick it up when I'm bored...


Umineko
I will start with it this weekend. Be prepared!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Top