Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No Kitora?
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Why is chika on the poster?? KItora is the reason World Trigger was even made!
 

Inumaru

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
412
Reaction score
285
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
I really hope seeing Chika in the poster is a sign that World Trigger will be back in the issue #15, since there's no new series in this issue.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The latest chapter of MHA left a sour taste. It was bad passing to have the whole interaction between Deku, All Might, and Togata.


On a side note does anyone else get a bad feeling from Togata?
 
Last edited:

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I don't think it was forced at all. In terms of Togata, I don't have any bad feelings anymore. He seemed genuinely super nice, which means I think he'll meet an end someday.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think your reaching hard for a criticism friend. I don't think you've truly seen a forced interaction
I don't think I am the chapter could've gone straight from the end of the last chapter to them in the car going to meet NightEye, or at least cut down their meeting by half so that the end of the chapter could've ended with NightEye and Deku's actual interview and leave the chapter off on a cliffhanger on what his ultimate decision would be.
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
The latest chapter of MHA left a sour taste. It was as if half of it was forced interaction between Deku, All Might, and Togata.
Don't think it was forced. Why did you think that it was forced? The guy is working under the hero and he went to introduce Midoriya.

btw Tintin-san is the traitor
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think I am the chapter could've gone straight from the end of the last chapter to them in the car going to meet NightEye, or at least cut down their meeting by half so that the end of the chapter could've ended with NightEye and Deku's actual interview and leave the chapter off on a cliffhanger on what his ultimate decision would be.
So your issues would be that you didn't like the pacing
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don't think it was forced. Why did you think that it was forced? The guy is working under the hero and he went to introduce Midoriya.

btw Tintin-san is the traitor
Maybe I should rephrase it was unnecessary to show their interaction or in the very least not be as long as it was.
I can see that.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You read it? Not trying to be smart or anything. Legitimately asking
Yeah I did.

There's a stupidly bully teacher (I'm not sure if it's a Math or general teacher or something) that razors girls hairs and punches one of the MC in the face... I mean... Really?
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Maybe I should rephrase it was unnecessary to show their interaction or in the very least not be as long as it was.
I can see that.
Not sure how it was unnecessary. The point was just that Mirio personally knows Night and reaffirming Dekus motivation to follow through with the internship.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This chapter of MHA was beyond annoying... Lot's useless phrases and bubbles and unnecessary stuff... I mean, to me Horikoshi tries to be like Togashi too much... There's no such depth in this series, much less in this arc... Why he needs gazillion's bubbles to explain a simple character personality etc?

To me it makes the reading almost unbearable. Don't get me wrong, I do not dislike huge texts, but they need to be consistent with the plot and storyline... But I don't think it's the case here.

Neverland for an instance has much more text and it's completely consistent with the plot, storyline, the characters and even the art... You just NEED to read the next bubble to comprehend the situations.

I'm not sure if I made myself clear though...
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Not sure how it was unnecessary. The point was just that Mirio personally knows Night and reaffirming Dekus motivation to follow through with the internship.
The point behind the interaction I agree with but the need to show it wasn't need Horikishi could've just alluded to it with Deku just thanking Togata in believing in him.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Shame on Horikoshi for attempting to give his characters depth through inner monologues
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The point behind the interaction I agree with but the need to show it wasn't need Horikishi could've just alluded to it with Deku just thanking Togata in believing in him.
Except it doesn't hurt in any way to show their interactions? In fact it just adds more to the characterization
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top