Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It reminds me of when in Shaman King Chocolove went from like barely fodder to one of the strongest characters in a couple of chapters.

Yeah guys I mean like OP in their own respective universes. Deku has a strong quirk but he can barely use it. It's probably the first time I've seen an MC of a series be top tier so quickly in a story. Meliodas was strong but the majority of his power was stored away
 
Last edited:

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's probably the first time I've seen an MC of a series be top tier so quickly in a story.
I'm assuming your talking about Asta here?
If the story is written in the way I think it is, and this is a big IF, then Tabata is setting it up so that Asta has zero to no control over his anti-magic and he has to go and search/train so that it doesn't affect the others to much. Which could mean some chapters that could A.) focus more on the other character (hopefully Yuno), and B.) give the series an opportunity to finally break away from the use of certain cliches.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
I think he's going to make it so Asta can't access that mode. After all, it was triggered by the Witch Queen.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It reminds me of when in Shaman King Chocolove went from like barely fodder to one of the strongest characters in a couple of chapters.
In fact he was the strongest character in the group. Shaman King did a lot of subversion like that for better or for worse (like having the bad guy essentially win)
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think he's going to make it so Asta can't access that mode. After all, it was triggered by the Witch Queen.
Yeah that's probably the way it's going to end up ultimately, which wouldn't be totally bad, but it be a missed opportunity if he does go that route.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm assuming your talking about Asta here?
If the story is written in the way I think it is, and this is a big IF, then Tabata is setting it up so that Asta has zero to no control over his anti-magic and he has to go and search/train so that it doesn't affect the others to much. Which could mean some chapters that could A.) focus more on the other character (hopefully Yuno), and B.) give the series an opportunity to finally break away from the use of certain cliches.
I doubt it man. Asta just straight up told the demon to piss off and gave a never giving up speech, proceeding to then control the demon to defeat the guy.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Don't hate on U.19 so early brahs. Have faith.
Nah shit sucks lul
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Even without the new power up, Asta is still the strongest character in BC

he have anti-magic power in a world filled with magicians

do you realize how amazing this is?

I really hope seeing Chika in the poster is a sign that World Trigger will be back in the issue #15, since there's no new series in this issue.
my guess for issue #15 is BC second anniversary so it will get the cover then I think

also Boruto next chapter should be published around that time, so maybe they don't want 2 long chapters running in the same issue?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I hope the U.19 artist improved since his last one shot. But still standing by Poro next week. Just feel like that one will be great
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I really don't really get hooked by U19's premise honestly. Now We Can't Study? That might go places. Still no one picking up YnN? I've applied for Jaimini recently so if I get a reply I could always suggest it.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I really don't really get hooked by U19's premise honestly. Now We Can't Study? That might go places. Still no one picking up YnN? I've applied for Jaimini recently so if I get a reply I could always suggest it.
Neverland? Mangastream has it. Good luck with getting in Jaiminisbox though!
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Neverland? Mangastream has it. Good luck with getting in Jaiminisbox though!
Yeah i'm really against the whole scan group wars thing, but my time spent being with Tokyo Ghoul has made me feel like it's a great thing to have an alternative release/translation.

And thanks. I'm applying for PR.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Even without the new power up, Asta is still the strongest character in BC

he have anti-magic power in a world filled with magicians

do you realize how amazing this is?
Yeah dude, it the main point I'm trying to make tho I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to Tabata cause I'm sure The wizard king is stronger
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
I hope the U.19 artist improved since his last one shot. But still standing by Poro next week. Just feel like that one will be great
same tbh. Loved the character design so far.
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
World Trigger is coming back that week Ashihara told my uncle when they met in a grocery store in Japan
My uncle works at Shueshia and said Toriko is coming in July, Toriko: GGA (Gourmet Galaxy Adventures) and he will be visiting multiple universes from various Jump series. He is eating ramen with Naruto in the preview of the first chapter but the preview is only available to Shueshia employees at the moment but my uncle showed me so it's legit.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
My uncle works at Shueshia and said Toriko is coming in July, Toriko: GGA (Gourmet Galaxy Adventures) and he will be visiting multiple universes from various Jump series.
I never thought I could miss Toriko more than I already did and now I'm even more frustrated that this wasn't a thing.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Man, today you're so full of negative, are you having a bad day or something?
Well it was a thursday and I had pretty much 60% of JUMP titles to translate, edit and stuff...

Don't you have any respect for Kawada or his effort? His manga is great and it is a shame it isn't popular you should be wishing it the best because it is a great loss for Jump.


Who are we? It is your opinion don't force it out as a fact just because you "read it first" Japan could have a different opinion
You're clearly blind or dumb, check other people comments (people that have actually access to the raws and read them). That's "we".

Do you read the series?

If you haven't, then our conservation ends here.
check the author previous work, ALL of them are short series.
------------------------------------------------------------
From chapter 40. Yes 40, the manga is not suppose to be a long one. It doesn't follow the traditional sport manga.They have 2 tournament total.
1 is the protagonist debut tournament
2 is the national tournament.

MC duo was eliminated from chapter 62
The first part ended on chapter 72.
The second part ended on chapter 81. With a realistic outcome.

Manga ended on chapter 86. 5 chapters epilogue.




Your logic do not make sense. With your "logic",

Bleach was cancelled for Red Spirite (450k vs less than 10k)
Nisekoi was cancelled for Love Rush ( 200k vs less than 10k)
Toriko was cancelled for Demon's Plan ( 150k vs less than 10k)
Kochikame was cancelled for Almagam (current average 50k, special edition 500k vs less than 10k)

Seems like Shuiesha is not greedy money company after all. Haven't read Toriko so can't say anything about its rushed finale, and Bleach case is debatable.People who read it want it to end already. Nisekoi already start to wrap up in April (series ended in July)

Shuiesha would inform them 3-6 months in advance to wrap it up.

Don't bring Togashi in the magazine, he has privilege.
---------------------------------------------

I said this to another person in the past. I think it is SO ******* DISRESPECTFUL to wish for a series to fail.

I think you got too excited for veteran authors. Believe me, some of us are too. But don't go complain in 12-16 weeks when a veteran author fail and a rookie success.

These two are different statements:

I think Demon's Plan is so bad.
I wish Demon's Plan would get cancelled.
No no... Bleach WAS NOT canceled "By" red sprite. Red Sprite started in the vacant position of bleah. It's completely different. The way you instate it's making it sound that BLEACH was over to make room for a Tomohiro series. Come on... You don't actually believe that right? Same can be mentioned for all the other series you said.

And yes, Shueisha IS a greed company. They are so greed, but so greed, that they prefer to end consistent series (That used to sell a lot and sell much less now) to start new ones that CAN sell more.

And why do you think that I "expect" a series to end? And disrespectul? The guy had more than 90 chapters to give us a good story (this is a benefi that the majority of mangaka does not receive) why Hinomaru Zumou should get it? Because you like the series? Give me a break...

This series has NO meaning to the magazine... IT sells NOTHING. The toc positions are soooo random that we don't even care when it gets color pages. And the mangaka is great, he can do better with another manga, why waste time and such skills on something that's is pretty much dead?

That's what you guys don't get it. You're so biased for you love with a certain series that you simply cannot see that the mangaka behind it can do better, can thrill us with something new. And above all, You think he likes to give his soul to draw and people simply not care about it? Don't buying his work? When he knows he is giving his all? To me sir, this is being disrespectul. To keep people doing stuff that will never ever, make them "elevate" themselves.

And yes, the statements are different. But the thing is... You're saying that I'm being "Disrespectul" because I want a certain series to end. But you're making me the "hater" that wants it to end for no reason, and this is not true. Not at all. I want good series, I don't care who writes/draws them. And if "loved" (By a few) series like Hinomaru Zumou have to end for that happens... I couldn't care less. Let them all die.
 
Last edited:

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
When was the last good Slice of life manga that Jump had. The last one I can remember is Bakuman.
Would having one in the magazine survive or flop nowadays ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top