Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I repeat. I hope HZ dies. It does not mean I don't want him to come back with something better because that's exactly what I want.

And no. The only one fixated on Zumou not dying is you. Probably because you like the series, not because you feel "sorry" about the mangaka losing his position or wtv.
Don't put your words in my mouth, Starting at page 103 when our convo started, when did I once mentioned that I like Hinomaru Zumou? (I do but it wasn't the focus at that time)

The original post was showing you that's Sesuji's author ended on his own term and not cancelled. It was a "coincidence or not " that it was during the same time 6 new series started. If you think Sesuji was cancelled, that's your opinion. My 2nd post said that I won't discuss this anymore. We aren't Shuiesha's editors.

You didn't sound like that when you say:
I hope Hinomaru Failure dies (and spring weapon right after)

Samon and Saiki, can die for everything that matter as well.
This post sounds like you group a bunch of bad selling manga and want all of them to die. It doesn't match with what you said below. Sound like a monster to me.

And no... I don't want him to become unable to provide for his family... I'm not that kind of monster... I want something better from him because I know he's capable of it.

The way you guys are talking you're not defending him... You're just saying: "hey keep doing this manga that will never sell, probably will never become an anime and will never improve at the magazine, just because we like it".
Again, that doesn't sound like what you said above. We've already established that there are not that many author who can make 2nd successful series.

Again, don't put your words in my mouth. The original convo was me telling you that it is disrespectful to hope/wish for series to dies. It has nothing to do with sale/whatsoever. That include the four series you've mention and not just HZ alone.

I will drop the topic after next time you quote me.
 
Last edited:

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If you could what would be one thing in any of the series you like, that is currently running in the magazine, would you change and why would you change it?

For me MHA, and I know I'm opening up a lot of hate for saying this, but I think it would've been cool to see Deku stay quirkless but still be chosen by All Might as the successor as symbol of Peace. Also All Mights Quirk couldn't be passed on, but he would still become powerless later on.
That would have been just as bad as Asta's Anti-Magic where every battle would just be a series of asspulls.
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
If you could what would be one thing in any of the series you like, that is currently running in the magazine, would you change and why would you change it?

For me MHA, and I know I'm opening up a lot of hate for saying this, but I think it would've been cool to see Deku stay quirkless but still be chosen by All Might as the successor as symbol of Peace. Also All Mights Quirk couldn't be passed on, but he would still become powerless later on.
Make Samon more romance since it isn't funny

The quirk makes Deku he wouldn't be anywhere without it and My Police Academia would have been boring
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
It does not matter the reason why they ended... They were ALL canceled (maybe not nisekoi?)... That's the whole point... And no... I don't want him to become unable to provide for his family... I'm not that kind of monster... I want something better from him because I know he's capable of it.

The way you guys are talking you're not defending him... You're just saying: "hey keep doing this manga that will never sell, probably will never become an anime and will never improve at the magazine, just because we like it".

It's also funny that the same people that were defending Mitsutoshi to go for a minor (irrelevant?) magazine to do a gag series (because think they can do better there????), now are unwilling to let HZ go because they are in love with the author/series... You guys don't belive in him?

And please... Define "well in the magazine"...
They all ended on the same year; that's my point. A lot of big titles; with the exception of Assassination class; I think it was pretty planned. He got good rankings; what's so hard to believe about that?

No...you and many people were just thinking that this was going to be Shimabu's new manga title but it's not. It's a one shot most likely. HZ is a good manga so it should stay and on top of that it rankings well (it has been rocky lately but still manages to get good rankings).
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
They all ended on the same year; that's my point. A lot of big titles; with the exception of Assassination class; I think it was pretty planned. He got good rankings; what's so hard to believe about that?

No...you and many people were just thinking that this was going to be Shimabu's new manga title but it's not. It's a one shot most likely. HZ is a good manga so it should stay and on top of that it rankings well (it has been rocky lately but still manages to get good rankings).
He will come at you with how much it sells but HZ isn't dead yet it is either televsion or the grave
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
As much as I want HZ to get an anime, I've already come to terms with the fact that it probably won't. I have switched my sites to Kimetsu now.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
As much as I want HZ to get an anime, I've already come to terms with the fact that it probably won't. I have switched my sites to Kimetsu now.
Same. It's doing really well on amazon japan's ratings. Also, sales are also rising too and the recent arc was good.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Same. It's doing really well on amazon japan's ratings. Also, sales are also rising too and the recent arc was good.
Yeah, for sure. HZ is just special to me in that regard, because it has so many impactful panels in it's fights where I just constantly think "man, this would make an amazing anime if done right". Kimetsu's art style makes me excited for a possible anime though.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
If you could what would be one thing in any of the series you like, that is currently running in the magazine, would you change and why would you change it?

For me MHA, and I know I'm opening up a lot of hate for saying this, but I think it would've been cool to see Deku stay quirkless but still be chosen by All Might as the successor as symbol of Peace. Also All Mights Quirk couldn't be passed on, but he would still become powerless later on.
Quirkless Deku would never work with how the story is set. He could be like Stain and achieve superhuman skills through hard training, but for that he would have to be at least 10 years older. He could be a super genius who can invent countless gadgets, but that's the point of Mei Hatsume from the engineering class and there is only so much gadgets can do against people who can blow up buildings or break the laws of physics. He could be super rich like Batman/Ironman, but then he wouldn't be the shonen underdog because he has the power of unlimited money. Or he could be quirkless, but every quirk would have to be weakened a hundred fold and villains like Muscular could never exist. Muscular destroyed half a mountain top with his quirk and a quirkless MC stopping him would be impossible.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Well it must be noted that Horikoshi originally intended for Izuku to remain Quirkless for the entire series. At least, I remember seeing a quote about that anyways.

EDIT: Yeah, volume 6. It was his editor's decision to have Izuku get a Quirk.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Kinda sad that none of the other mangaka mentioned him.
 
Last edited:

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Maybe next week
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Given Togashi's endorsemen's of Neverland and Kimetsu; it'd be pretty cool to have a cover with Gon, Tanjiro, and Emma when HxH comes back.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Has anyone here been keeping up with the Samon raws? I remember people saying a couple months back that it had a short serious action arc and I'm curious if its been ranked yet.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Tabata has good taste in food.

Furudate something something Togashi :derp.

Nezuko is probably the cutest from that Jump poster. Her inside the bag.

Given Togashi's endorsemen's of Neverland and Kimetsu; it'd be pretty cool to have a cover with Gon, Tanjiro, and Emma when HxH comes back.
I think it was Osamu Akimoto (Kochikame) that recommend Neverland, Togashi only recommend Kimetsu.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Has anyone here been keeping up with the Samon raws? I remember people saying a couple months back that it had a short serious action arc and I'm curious if its been ranked yet.
I think it's been ranked already, it started Ch 53 and ended Ch 59.
It didn't do too well, but picked up at the end (Issue 9 rank).
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
They all ended on the same year; that's my point. A lot of big titles; with the exception of Assassination class; I think it was pretty planned. He got good rankings; what's so hard to believe about that?

No...you and many people were just thinking that this was going to be Shimabu's new manga title but it's not. It's a one shot most likely. HZ is a good manga so it should stay and on top of that it rankings well (it has been rocky lately but still manages to get good rankings).
Yeah a lot of big titles. CANCELED. Accept that. This is a market, not a friends meeting. And wrong again it's not a one shot, it's a serialization in an irrelevant magazine. The difference is that shimabu CAN serialize it there, we already establish in a different conversation that he is rich.

Good ranking... You mean the irrelevant part of toc where the dance manga, saiki, samon etc stays right? One color page every year (if likely) and selling less than 40k (which is less than spin off manga sell on V JUMP, Saikyou or even JUMP+).

Big fan of the mangaka you are. Expeting them to stay irrelevant for their rest of their mangaka lives. Way to go champs.

I repeat. I hope (not only the 4 series I've mentioned before) ALL irrelevant manga DIES. Why? Because we're manga lovers. We're always expecting the next big thing... And I'm sorry to tell you this: HZ is not that.

Accept it.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Quirkless Deku doesn't stand a chance to some like Todoroki who can make an Iceberg/Flamethrower in an instant. Quirkless Deku doesn't stand a change to someone like Kachan who have a bomb on its palm. Deku is not even rich to became some like Batman. If Horikoshi made Deku quirkless the manga is going to became a series of asspull after asspull and if that's happen i pretty sure the manga is not even going to last by chapter 50. I don't another MxO and that series is full of asspull.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I think the main reason us readers want those lower selling manga to stay alive is because we know that they probably won't have any success in their next series. They were lucky to get serialized when they did because Jump was at a stage where it was cycling through other series that acted as buffers, allowing these mediocrely received manga (sales wise and rank wise) to survive. In practically any other circumstance, they most likely would've been canceled 1-2 volumes in. The mangaka probably know this, so they chose the safer route of continuing to write their current series that has guaranteed pay than trying their hand at a series that could possibly be a bigger flop.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top