Discussion Fairy Tail Second Movie "Dragon Cry"

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Yes! I thought I was the only one from Croatia here :D

same I will probably skip the movie too xD
@PeanutButterJelly is also from Croatia.

when you don't have Laxus in the poster then you know this movie will be bad.

or Jellal, Acnologia etc.

this movie is bound to fall.
 

Zelefomavis

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2016
Messages
475
Reaction score
1,308
Age
31
Country
France
Can someone posts the gray pics :D everyone says he looks badass and I can t view it on the link posted, I need to download and install an app so... pretty please :D
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Nothing much that can be said but here are some important information.

  1. 200 Pages that is drawn by mashima and all the animation of the character is based off the design that mashima draw
  2. The disclosure date is 6 may 2017
  3. This movie is not canon
  4. The character -
  • Sonya - a sad beautiful girl / a girl that have tragic life.... A somewhat sorrowful girl, that have a secret lies behind.
  • Zash - a guy that give off a bad and strong impression. Have a fight with someone before!
  • Animus - a king? Anyone can be a king if they wears the king garment!
I think that what important ( to me ) lol.

If anyone is wondering about the cast, it's not the name of any new character.

It's the voice actor for the mc.

Beside the cast members , there is the staff which is not important too. Consist of mashima.

Please do not repost this or at least pm me first .
Thanks for the translations.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Natsu look badass <3
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


I love the new character designs, especially with the way Natsu has his scarf tied around his shoulder.
The NaLu hug also reminded me of the hug in the first movie, only this time the positions are switched around.
Hyped for new movie. :D
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I love the new character designs, especially with the way Natsu has his scarf tied around his shoulder.
The NaLu hug also reminded me of the hug in the first movie, only this time the positions are switched around.
Hyped for new movie. :D
His outfit looks so chills but it's dope at the same time, he got the sash from Zeref :D Lucy has two different shoes in her design sketches too.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
His outfit looks so chills but it's dope at the same time, he got the sash from Zeref :D Lucy has two different shoes in her design sketches too.
Yeah. I'm digging Lucy's outfit as well. I like the colour palette. Nice warm colours.

And the new characters look cool as well. Especially the guy in the middle.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
why Oct 17? that seems like a random date. I figured since the movie is dropping on May 6th the anime could return somewhere in mid March-late April to promote the movie with opening differences and easter eggs like anime teams always promote.
I meant Oct. 2017 with no specific day. I would also wish for it to return in April yet most of the time anime are being announced 3-5 months in advance and Fall and Spring is for the most popular ones. I thought the movie's credits could promote the return for the anime instead.
 

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2016
Messages
1,687
Reaction score
7,078
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Yes! I thought I was the only one from Croatia here :D

same I will probably skip the movie too xD
Before you and Jean say "skip it" or "not skip it" you should wait for more information about the movie ;) The first movie wasn't canon, but it was a pretty good watch nonetheless (at least for me), so I'm hoping (emphasis on HOPE) the second will be as good. But you never know with Mashima these days haha. Here is to Hope xD

p.s. čudo šta nas kroata ima na forumu :P
 

=DarthVader=

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
57
Reaction score
161
Age
38
Country
United States
Thanks for the translations.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I love the new character designs, especially with the way Natsu has his scarf tied around his shoulder.
The NaLu hug also reminded me of the hug in the first movie, only this time the positions are switched around.
Hyped for new movie. :D
Holy shit the hype train is definitely comin & boy oh boy I love what I'm seeing the new Nastu half Dragonized looks Badass as hell, the new character drawings looks good as well as designs look epic & amazing! Love the NaLu image where Lucy is hugging Nastu! <3
 

Libarian

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2012
Messages
208
Reaction score
139
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Loving most of the designs, man don't natsu look awesome, but what the heck is up with Wendy? I am glad that she is in something new but that just looks awful. Let's hope this manages some tension those vileins don't look very promising
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Before you and Jean say "skip it" or "not skip it" you should wait for more information about the movie ;) The first movie wasn't canon, but it was a pretty good watch nonetheless (at least for me), so I'm hoping (emphasis on HOPE) the second will be as good. But you never know with Mashima these days haha. Here is to Hope xD

p.s. čudo šta nas kroata ima na forumu :P
dude, Natsu is literally turning into a dragon. I don't want to see that wank.

I'm skipping it for sure this time.

P.S troje po mom proračunu :)
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,111
Reaction score
12,879
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Movie 1 animation wasn't good, The recent ova animations are really bad.

I hope the anime team put some effort in animating the new movie.
 

kemor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2016
Messages
229
Reaction score
388
Age
31
Country
Poland
If only they used Season 1 animation with Season 2's colors, it'd make this series so much prettier.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
" Half of Natsu Body Has Turn Into a Dragon!! That Eyes.... And What Is The Power That dwell In That Fist?!! "

" Is that a Power of Hope, or Destruction? "


Interesting line.I wonder if this foreshadows something.

Loving the NALU moments in the movie.
 

Gabo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
1,111
Reaction score
2,111
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I do hope anxious even if it is a trailer for the movie.

Be or not Cannon, is the script of the same created by Mashima, so some influence must have on the plot, although it is an alternative history.

So for me, let the film come, I love the movies if they are well made.

By the way, a friend of mine who works at a Cinepolis in Mexico says that there is a possibility that in the Festival Anifest that makes that chain of cinemas two or three times a year depending on the economic situation of the same, could include it in the edition Of summer of the same along with Koe no Katachi, since the sleeve Fairy Tail is selling well in Mexico and ... well, that the sleeves are sold well allows to bring recent films to the Anifest (In Mexico will be released in the spring edition The Sword Art on Line movie that in Mexico was better known because they sold well the sleeves), so if they really take it off, I'd be quite grateful to them.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,236
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall




ann said:
This year's 12th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine announced more details about the Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry anime film on Wednesday. The film will open in Japan on May 6, and the tagline on the new poster visual (pictured below) by manga creator Hiro Mashima reads, "That power … is it hope or destruction…?"



Mashima is drawing 193 pages of storyboard for the film (pictured below), and is also serving as executive producer.


Mashima also drew the first key visual for the film, which features Natsu half transformed into a dragon.
The issue is also revealing the returning cast and character designs for the following characters:

The characters will be wearing new outfits in the film.

The issue is also revealing three film-original characters:

  • Sonia, a beautiful young woman.
  • Zash, a man who looks both evil and strong.
  • Animus, a man who looks like a king based on his garments, and whose expression suggests he has an ulterior motive.
Mashima drew the rough sketches for all of the above characters.
Source : Ann /natalie mu comic
 

Indira

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2016
Messages
267
Reaction score
807
Age
33
Country
Macedonia
The changes look good. Especially Erza, Gray, Charle.

I'm liking the appearances of all the movie exclusive characters too.

That girl in the picture reminds me of
Shizuka a bit from Beelzebub, and another female character who's name I forgotten
 

Dorsher

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2016
Messages
62
Reaction score
252
Country
Fairy Tail
Canon or not. As long as Mashima drew 200 pages for the movie and he participated in the making /plot story of the movie is pretty much canon to me...but in an alternative..universe. lol
 

=DarthVader=

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
57
Reaction score
161
Age
38
Country
United States
Here's some spoilers if you like kiddies C:
Dude...dragonized Nastu lookin badass as hell. Scary but badass epic! Just hope Lucy will find a way to change him back through the one magic of love. ;)
 
Top