Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
^ WHERE is my Dr Slump reboottt Toeiiii?

@Bigivelfhq I.G doesn't do the original Prince of Tennis, Trans Arts is. I.G did the New Prince of Tennis (12 episodes). M.S.C animated the national tournament (26 episodes).
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Poro's first chapter didn't wow me or anything but I can see the potential of that premise
will keep reading for now

(13)1,400,000 -> Dragon Quest (Toei)
toei recently hit a lot of DQ anime material on youtube with copyrights strike and took them down even the Portuguese and Arabic dubs were taken down

I'm hoping maybe they are planning a reboot for the franchise 30 years anniversary and the release of the new game?

Toei readapting DnD is my only hope for new DQ material since it doesn't look like Nippon will touch Emblem of Roto again
heck, they won't touch anything that isn't called Chibi Maruko which is sad since I love their animation style
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
^ WHERE is my Dr Slump reboottt Toeiiii?

@Bigivelfhq I.G doesn't do the original Prince of Tennis, Trans Arts is. I.G did the New Prince of Tennis (12 episodes). M.S.C animated the national tournament (26 episodes).
Fixed! I really had the idea that it was Production I.G. doing it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Poro's first chapter didn't wow me or anything but I can see the potential of that premise
will keep reading for now



toei recently hit a lot of DQ anime material on youtube with copyrights strike and took them down even the Portuguese and Arabic dubs were taken down

I'm hoping maybe they are planning a reboot for the franchise 30 years anniversary and the release of the new game?

Toei readapting DnD is my only hope for new DQ material since it doesn't look like Nippon will touch Emblem of Roto again
heck, they won't touch anything that isn't called Chibi Maruko which is sad since I love their animation style
If they do, I don't think it will be this year. They have planned for 6 TV series for next season, and possible the season after that will also get 6 series, given the Sailor Moon Crystal Season 4 announcement.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I just found out other than Toteku, Poro's mangaka have published a oneshot in Jump in 2013 called Kokkuri Yaai (こっくり屋ぁい!)

it was published in the issue right after World Trigger started

couldn't find raw, but found a lot of fanart on pixiv for some reason
:/
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
For those interested in World End Harem, now we have a 3rd MC
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just found out other than Toteku, Poro's mangaka have published a oneshot in Jump in 2013 called Kokkuri Yaai (こっくり屋ぁい!)

it was published in the issue right after World Trigger started

couldn't find raw, but found a lot of fanart on pixiv for some reason
:/
He's done a couple, this one is the only one I saw online (didn't really look too hard though).
http://www.shonenjump.com/j/manga-shou/treasure/comics/110404ibis.html
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

justsomeguy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
14
Country
The Wall
(21)1,100,000 -> Yu-Gi Oh (Toei/Gallop)
(21)1,100,000 -> Bastard!! (AIC)
(21)1,100,000 -> Hikaru no Go (Pierrot)
(24)1,000,000 -> Kuroko no Basket (Production I.G)
You forgot Kimagure Orange Road and Cat's Eye with 1,100,000 (rounded up).
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
2 days to TAMURA... My body is ready.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Since One Piece isn't running in this weeks issue I thought I'd get everyone's thoughts about this. If Oda decided to go on hiatus for lets say a month or two would anyone be upset with him for doing so?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
listening to viz podcast

they started talking about sport in general and then went off and started talking specifically about sumo

not even once during their long conversation they mentioned Hinomaru's existence :-_-
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
Oda has taken breaks unscheduled breaks before but he is also pretty well known for having a strong work ethic. He even stated that his assistants should be willing to "die for One Piece". So while there will be no doubt disappointment there won't be any uproar over it. However it will always bring up the Togashi comparison.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oda has taken breaks unscheduled breaks before but he is also pretty well known for having a strong work ethic. He even stated that his assistants should be willing to "die for One Piece". So while there will be no doubt disappointment there won't be any uproar over it. However it will always bring up the Togashi comparison.
Weren't most of those break where Jump forced him to take one?
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Since One Piece isn't running in this weeks issue I thought I'd get everyone's thoughts about this. If Oda decided to go on hiatus for lets say a month or two would anyone be upset with him for doing so?
He could go for a whole year... He's deserved it. 20 years publishing a weekly manga soo full of details like one piece is almost slavery.

listening to viz podcast

they started talking about sport in general and then went off and started talking specifically about sumo

not even once during their long conversation they mentioned Hinomaru's existence :-_-
Because it's that irrelevant (or they simply could not talk about it since don't have the rights or don't want people asking for it since probably have no plans to serialize it...)

Weren't most of those break where Jump forced him to take one?
We don't know that, but it's possible. What we do know is that he takes only 3-4hrs of sleep and spend almost no time with his family...

That's exactly because of that I find unnaceptable Togashi's attitude.
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
Viz's Jump Podcasts are pretty milquetoast but I also have the suspicion that the people working there are pretty much under contract to keep criticism to a minimum.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
they can talk about why chain restaurants are failing in San Fransisco and Korean dramas and the reboot for Jughead Jones comicbooks but not Hinomaru Zumou?

they should really change the podcast name to "viz's employees talking about random shit and some times manga"
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Viz's Jump Podcasts are pretty milquetoast but I also have the suspicion that the people working there are pretty much under contract to keep criticism to a minimum.
I remember when Black Clover vol 1 first came out and they had an article telling you why you should buy it. And the article was basically them saying "yeah it's really generic. But hey, it's not THAT bad" lol. Seemed like the person who wrote it didn't like it and he/she was struggling to find nice things to say
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
The problem with mentioning specific Jump series is that people will think they're hinting that the series will be picked up, either for the main magazine or for volume releases. There's not exactly much chance of them picking up a failing restaurant or a K-drama to run in WSJ.

They've definitely got some kind of no criticism thing in there though, you can tell nobody there likes RWBY any time it comes up but the most they'll say is that they think this other person is a fan and will avoid giving comments on it themselves.
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
Honestly the entire RWBY manga felt like a missed opportunity. While I am a casual fan of the show the manga didn't bother to expand on anything and I can't imagine newcomers reading the manga will get invested enough to bother checking out the show beyond the character designs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top